Start by marking “Belinda and the Glass Slipper” as Want to Read:
Belinda and the Glass Slipper

Belinda and the Glass Slipper

(Belinda the Ballerina)

Big star, big role, big feet . . . Belinda is back! Only one person can fill those gigantic glass slippers, and that's Belinda the ballerina. Full color.
Published September 21st 2006 by Viking Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about Belinda and the Glass Slipper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Belinda and the Glass Slipper

Tatiana
Jul 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
What's not to like about fairy tale retellings? In Belinda and the Glass Slipper, Belinda auditions for the Grand Metropolitan Ballet's production of the classic, Cinderella. She has to beat out fellow ballerina, Lola, for the title role, and she does thanks to her huge, perfect feet. But Lola won't let that setback stop her from trying to steal the spotlight.

When I finished reading this, I wanted to read it again right away. It pays pays homage to Cinderella (naturally) with adorable winks and
(NS) Lisa
Oct 09, 2009 rated it liked it
Belinda is auditioning for the Grand Metropolitan Ballet's production of Cinderella. She is the perfect dancer for the part. Miss Lola Mudge boasts that her "perfect, tiny feet" make her ideal for the lead, but she loses out to Belinda's superior skills and grace. On opening night, Lola locks Belinda in a broom closet and takes her place as Cinderella. With offstage help from her onstage fairy godmother, Belinda arrives in time for the prince to try the glass slipper on her foot. One thing is ce ...more
Katie
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: st-one-on-one, pb
This is the first Belinda story I have read.

Fun! Some mean content due to the Cinderella theme, but a great story about being proud of what makes you different.
*What stuck out to me was how focused the story was on the bully. Maybe it's just me, but I almost rooted for Lola - the crafty, hard working, underdog

A retelling of Cinderella as a big footed ballerina who is torched by Lola, a fellow ballerina.
Becky H.
Jul 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: little girls
Shelves: 2008, picture-books
Natalya's new favorite book. Belinda has been cast as Cinderella in the ballet. She has very large feet but is very graceful. But she must compete for the roll of Cinderella. One of the girls wants the roll so bad that she locks Belinda in a closet on opening day. But Belinda still manages to get her Prince.
Stacy
Mar 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
Belinda is in a production of Cinderella. One of the other ballerinas thinks she should be Cinderella so she makes the ballet more like a true Cinderella story. Read to find out how the ballet turns out for Belinda.
Joe Gardner
Apr 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Belinda in a take off on the traditional Cinderella story, sure to be enjoyed by Belinda fans.
Allison
Sep 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Today has been Belinda-filled! I love how this author tells a story.
Amanda
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another fun Belinda adventure with a fairytale twist. Most enjoyable read.
Kimberly
Jun 03, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: picture-books
We love the two Belinda books we've read, so I'll be tracking down this one as well.
Alicia Evans
This book was so cute! A new take on the Cinderella story, the book gives an account of a ballerina who deals with the actions of a jealous girl who wants her position. Adorable.
Miri
Jan 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
Belinda is in a production of Cinderella, but her story also mirrors the Cinderella story, so there's kind of a trippy melding going on. Really fun, and I love how Belinda asserts herself.
Gail
Aug 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s-books
Girl fights.
Shelly
Apr 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Belinda is the lead in the ballet, but Lola wants the part. Read the book and discover what happens when Lola tries to sabotage the ballet.
Marcelaine
May 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
This is a fun Cinderella story about a talented ballerina with big feet.
The Library Lady
Sep 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
Being a big footed ballerina myself (though far, far less talented than Belinda), I can't resist these books. And I especially like the twist at the end of this one!
Jenny Forgay
Feb 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Great remake of Cinderella involving my beloved Belinda. My little girl enjoys every story she is in. Great book to use when showing your students that their is only one of them.
Lisita
Aug 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Cute cinderella twist.
Katy Miles
Mar 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book! It just spoke to me for some reason.
Esodhiambo
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: intermediate
ballet jargon
sportsmanship
prediction
cinderella
Cheryl
Great book that models self-acceptance, in this case having big feet as a ballerina who is to dance as Cinderella. A wonderful relief from all the 'perfect' physical attributes versions.
Kelly
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Belinda is a ballerina who has gigantic feet. When she competes with a girl for the part of Cinderella in a show, the other girl sabotages Belinda.
Goshen PL Childrens
Read at Storytime on April 11th
Theme: Just Dance!
Creyer
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was not what I was expecting but a wonderful retelling.
The Brothers
Mar 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Two dancers vie for the lead role in the ballet of Cinderella. When the girl with the large feet (but the better dancer) get the role, the other girl begins to plot a way to undermine her. Lots of Cinderella-esque themes in the behind the curtain drama, wherein the chosen ballerina gets her recognition by fitting the ballet shoe. Kinda meta.

Illustrations are okay.
May 05, 2009
Sandy
Sep 23, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Amy Young trained as a fine artist at Yale and received an MFA in painting from Indiana University as well as a law degree from Harvard. She lives in Spring Lake, Michigan.

Belinda the Ballerina (4 books)
  • Belinda the Ballerina