Start by marking “Alien Resurrection: The Official Movie Novelization” as Want to Read:
Alien Resurrection: The Official Movie Novelization

Alien Resurrection: The Official Movie Novelization

(Alien Movie Novelizations #4)

Aboard the deep space vessel USMAuriga, the unthinkable occurs—Ellen Ripley awakes. Her last memory is of her own fiery death on the prison colony Fiorina 161. And yet she lives. Stronger, fiercer… changed.

Ripley discovers that military scientists have learned how to breed Xenomorphs, creatures with which she somehow shares an empathic link. The course is set to take the
Published March 31st 2015 by Titan Books (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Alien Resurrection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alien Resurrection

Start your review of Alien Resurrection: The Official Movie Novelization
Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
It seems I still owe 2017 a few reviews.

description

What is there to say about Alien Resurrection except that you'll like it if you enjoyed the movie? The novelization is just as the movie, while adding more depth to the characters. I kept feeling the need to watch the movie while listening to the audiobook.

I also kept wondering myself if there is much of a difference between A.C. Crispin's writing and Alan Dean Foster's. I liked both authors.

So if you're a fan of the franchise, I'm sure you'll enjoy the
Mark
May 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novelisation, 2018, scifi
The fourth and most critical slammed sequel with the original Ellen Ripley.

Ellen Ripley is resurrected centuries after she died keeping the alien DNA out of the hands of Weyland–Yutani. This time by the Military and so Ripley clone 8 is actually an succes and the queen gets harvested out of her and she somehow remains alive as a by-product. but something has gone wrong Ellen Ripley is no longer fully human she has some Alien in her make-up. This alone was the angle that did really capture my
Jonathan Maas
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars. I haven't - yet - seen the movie, so this was like reading a really, really, really good Aliens book. Great plot and visuals, and A.C. Crispin's real strength shines when she writes from the perspective of the Alien. That is one thing you just can't do in a movie - she writes well, and it really gives you a good perspective.

Great book - and now I want to see the movie!
Jakk Makk
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A worthy successor that succeeds emotionally--perhaps too much. By providing an Alien viewpoint the creature is humanized, and loses some of the power of Cosmic Horror. Aside from a few cliche guffaws like: boots polished to a mirror shine (have authors ever seen mirrors? If so, have they ever seen polish?) the book is a success, but somewhat of a different critter than the initial trilogy. Audiobook recommended, enjoyable reader.
David
Pulp fiction. Read it for more insight than the movie provided. Overall I enjoyed it, and though it isn’t written terribly well, it served the purpose I had in mind.
Ana Mardoll
Dec 27, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ana-reviewed
Alien Resurrection (Film Novelization) / 0-446-60229-9

I like all four aliens movies, including "Alien Resurrection". I felt that it was an interesting expansion of the aliens universe and I particularly liked the evolution of Ripley's character as Number Eight - a woman so emotionally shell-shocked and traumatized that she shuts down emotionally and stops fearing or caring as much as she once did. While "Alien Resurrection" wasn't really the movie continuation that I might have wanted, I
Jean-Francois Boivin
First off, I want to mention that this book was co-written by Crispin and Kathleen O'Malley, even though the latter is not mentioned on the cover (or even on the 2015 re-issue by Titan Books). A lot of people do not like the movie ALIEN RESURRECTION, but ever since I saw in it November 1997 I always thought it paid homage to the Dark Horse Comics that preceded it. And I still do, even more so now that I have just come off reading every single comic and novelization.

The influences are apparent in
Adam Lowe
Oct 26, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
J
Feb 01, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction, 2013
The novelization of the 4th Alien movie, this book is word for word written from the script. There isn't much new to be had here if you have seen the movies. The writing is decent enough and honestly better than some of the S. Perry novels on the same source material.

The best parts are the internal thoughts of Ripley and the Xenomorphs. Their mutually mixed up genetics, from the only slightly more understandable fantasy of cloning her AND an alien embryo from scattered DNA sources, allow for
Nick Lou
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book, this crèche of a book. It’s better than the movie to a degree but the word crèche seems to appear in this novel at least a thousand times, if you had 99 problems a crèche definitely won’t be one. Here a crèche, there a crèche, everywhere a crèche creche. Also one chapter repeats itself within a chapter you don’t get that in many books. But I’m not giving it one star because it was ok. Here’s an idea if you’ve never read this book and plan on reading it mark down each time the word ...more
Katia M. Davis
This was a fun read. I can almost unsee Winona Ryder. The Alien franchise has always been one of my favourites despite its ups and downs. If you've seen the movie, you may as well read the book, it makes a bit more sense of some things because you get the internal dialogue of the characters, including the aliens.
nooker
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I do not like Alien: Resurrection the movie, but the book is pretty good, better than the movie. It makes me wonder if Jos had directed it if I would have liked it more. Hard to say as there are some goofy things in the book.
Jonathan
It's significantly better than the movie, but it could still better. The things it does right is expanding the story so that the plot holes of the movie are closed and fleshing out the characters more so that they aren't paper thin.
Andrew Bird
A fun and dumb sci fi romp. Although nonsensical in places, it is entertainingly written and expands on some areas that the film neglected. A decent read and worth reading for fans of the alien franchise.
Rita
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the audio is much better than the film.
Patrick Rauland
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unlike the other books in this series there were a few added scenes. As well as background information. It made the book experience better.
Amber
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is easily the goriest book I've ever read. i wouldn't call it scary per se, though. if you want a gory, descriptive, book, with that rich Aliens plot, this is for you
Jay
Aug 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sub par end to a great series
Richard
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was actually quite a bit better than the film
Ashley
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was nice to see more of depth to the characters in the book, since the film made them appear so flat.
Beau Williams
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this movie and the book only made me wish they had made a sequel movie with Ripley and call. They were going to before fox decided to go with avp instead.
Oscar
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kinda gross at the last third, but such a thrilling read! I quite literally couldn't put it down on my trip to the West Coast and finished it much sooner than I planned.
Barry
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While still not terrible, both film & book, ALIEN:RESURRECTION is clearly the worst installment, to date, in the ALIEN franchise. The book no different; however, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this book. Maybe I'm just a "fanboy", but it's hard for me to not enjoy ANYTHING ALIEN. So, while not the best, once again recommended.
Curtis
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am able to love resurrection again after reading the novelization. Being able to read the viewpoint of the Alien empathetic link was pretty damn awesome. The constant battle in Ripley's psyche about the Creche and her own humanity that constantly gets bombarded with fragments of Newt and every other major character in her life really ties everything together nicely. I tolerated the newborn abit better in the novel and appreciated the added depth that was sprinkled throughout the book. Proud to ...more
Steve
May 22, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So. I love the Alien series. I grew up watching these movies. (see my Alien 3 review) The unique, bizarre, grotesque and horrid look and feel of the the first and 2nd movies really stuck with me when I was younger. When I think sci fi horror, the alien theme and "look" of the movies is what really comes to mind. As much as I love other settings like Star Wars and Star Trek, their pretty, glamous, new and shiny worlds just lack the gritty, realism that the alien franchise has captures and run ...more
Matthew Ye
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So much has changed for Ellen Ripley, 200 years have past and she awakens as a test subject for people that still want to make weapons out of the viscous aliens known as Xenomorphs. She makes new allies but still remembers the ones she once had in her past life. Ripley and the rest of the crew must stop their ship from reaching Earth and letting the Xenomorphs cause chaos to humanity. I find this book very interesting to me and the movie is not that bad either. I don't care what the hatters say ...more
Bookbear
Nov 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book very close to the movie, which is how I want my movie books :-)

Crispin did a good enough job, I would say, but I just wish that ADF would have written it. His still is more to my liking.
Beauregard Shagnasty
You know the authors are doing a good job when they take your least favorite Alien movie and create a book that is much more enjoyable than the film. Well done.(was sad to hear of Anne Crispin's recent passing.)
Carla
Feb 17, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
did the author literally repeated some of the internal dialogue of Ripley and the Aliens on purpose or was he too lazy.
Matt
Jan 23, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, science, aliens
not very good. nothing to see here people. move along.

• Alien: River of Pain (Canonical Alien trilogy, #3)
  • Alien: Sea of Sorrows (Canonical Alien trilogy, #2)
  • Alien: The Cold Forge
  • Alien: Out of the Shadows (Canonical Alien Trilogy, #1)
  • Alien: Prototype
  • Alien: Isolation
  • Aliens: Bug Hunt
  • Predator: Incursion (The Rage War #1)
  • Alien: Invasion (The Rage War #2)
  • Alien III
  • Aliens: Earth Hive
  • Peter Pan
  • The Predator
  • Aliens: The Female War
  • The Predator: Hunters And Hunted Official Movie Prequel
  • You Can Thank Me Later: A Novella
  • Alien vs. Predator: Armageddon (The Rage War #3)
  • Aliens: Nightmare Asylum
Ann Carol Crispin (1950-2013) was an American science fiction writer, the author of over twenty published novels. She wrote professionally since 1983. She wrote several Star Trek and Star Wars novels, and created her own original science fiction series called Starbridge.

Crispin also served as Eastern Regional Director, and then Vice President, of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America.

Alien Movie Novelizations (5 books)
  • Alien