Start by marking “Game of Scones” as Want to Read:
Game of Scones

Game of Scones

(The Little Teashop #1)

A story of icing and flour…and how love doesn’t always go to plan!

Growing up, Pippa Pattinson’s summers were spent in the idyllic Greek island fishing village of Taxos. There she spent many long hazy days determinedly ignoring thoughts of the life her parents had mapped out for her (a dreary-but-secure banking job and obligatory sensible husband!) Instead she daydreamed of
Published April 20th 2015 by Carina

To ask other readers questions about Game of Scones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Game of Scones

Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
description

✯✯✯✯ Chick Lit Stars

I have to say that when I saw this book come up in an Amazon search the title made me laugh. What a fantastic title, kudos to the Author for her play on words. It drew me in completely to read the synopsis and to be honest it’s been way too long since I read a romantic chick lit so I just couldn’t resist. I didn’t regret this impulse buy! What a perfect example of a romantic summer read.

This story is set in the beautiful sunny Taxos, Greece and the Author captured everything
Rachel Gilbey
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My first thought when starting this book, within a few pages was, I didn't know scones had so many flavours, which intrigued me and also as the book progressed, the various scones that Pippa made, had my mouth watering to try them.

Pippa, and boyfriend Henrik are about to go on holiday for three weeks to the little town of Taxos, in Kos, Greece. Pippa spent many summers there in her childhood, and had a childhood dream of running a little teashop on the island, selling mainly scones!

When they arr
Daniel
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read a book that leaves you craving for warm sands, blue seas, and delicious scones? No? Then it sounds to me like the new book from the lovely Samantha Tonge, 'Game of Scones' is the book for you.

Samantha is signed to CarinaUK which is the new digital publishing initiative from Harlequin UK. I was sent this book from CarinaUK via Netgalley for an honest review.

OK so we all know how I love a good chick lit novel and this book ticks all the boxes. It has a cute title that is a perf
Raven McAllan
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was very lucky, and got an ARC to read of this story. I rarely ask for them or write reviews, but the blurb intrigued me, and I held my hand up and said 'me please'.
I'm so glad I did.
Firstly, let me say, reviews are very subjective, and this is only my opinion.
As a general rule I'm not a fan of first person. This book is written in the first person, and it didn't put me off. The story is great. Well written, nicely paced and enough twists to keep the reader guessing. Her characters sound real,
Ann Cooper
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow! How I loved this book! Read it in two sittings and was so sad when it ended. It has everything - 2 leading men, a lovely heroine, beautiful setting, fabulous Greek families and a baddie! Halfway through the book, I could not see how the problems could possibly resolve themselves but Samantha put a couple of twists in the plot and hey presto! The tension builds slowly through the book and the end is such a relief! I would love to read a second book set in Taxos - with some recipes this ti ...more
Sally Whiteside
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet treat.

I adored this book and fell in love with everything about it. This is my first book by this author and I am so happy to be wanting to read more from her. This story is a delight and really makes me want to eat a scone while booking a holiday to Greece.
Louise
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Such a beautiful story! I fell in love with the little Greek Town and loved the storyline. It was a lovely typical Holiday Read - very lighthearted but very enjoyable with a romance and an attractive foreign man! Perfect for chick lit lovers.
Just a note: this book will make you very hungry! Pippa's scones are mention in sooo much detail! I need one in my life!
Suzy Dominey
Not my 'cup of tea'
Arielle Deltoro
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review originally posted on my blog www.livinglifewithjoy.com

Game of Scones starts off with Pippa Pattinson deciding if she should go with her head or her heart on whether or not to break up with her boyfriend Henrik. To an outsider he might seem like the perfect guy, but she feels like something’s off in their relationship and doesn’t fell fulfilled with him. She goes back to her hometown in Greece with Henrik where she almost immediately runs into Niko, her childhood friend. Things are differe
Book Addict Shaun
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love this time of year as the summer books start to be released. Summer is finally drawing near, and after a bitterly cold winter I am more than ready for some warm weather. Game of Scones takes place in Taxos, an idyllic Greek village. It's a shame that it is always Greece that Chick Lit set in the Med takes place, more authors should set their books in Cyprus (wishful thinking on my part)! I did very much enjoy visualising the village though, and felt that Samantha Tonge captured the setting ...more
Charlotte Postings
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Let the catchy title and divine cover draw you in. The temptation to buy this book came purely from reading the title. Samantha is an absolute genius for calling the novel Game Of Scones. Although, be warned, it's nothing like Game Of Thrones. Ha. However, if you like scones, prepare to have your mouth watering at the turn of every page. Who knew there were so many different flavours for scones?! I really want a scone now...

Looking for a fun, summery read that will make you fall hopelessly in lo
Paris Baker
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted on Paris Baker's Book Nook.

Thank you so much to Carina UK for providing me with an ARC via NetGalley. With the sunshine finally making itself known again, it’s great to get into some fun, holiday reads again, and Game of Scones is pretty much everything that a summer read should be.

As Pippa prepares for her first trip to Taxos in years, she has suspicions that her boyfriend Henrik is preparing to pop the question, and she’s not 100% sure how she’ll feel if he does.

Going back to
Adele
Apr 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
I’d like to thank the publishers and netgalley for an arc of this ebook. Samantha Tonge is the bestselling author of over 80 short stories for mainstream magazines and her debut ebook Doubting Abbey was shortlisted for the 2014 Festival of Romantic Fiction best Ebook award. Game of Scones is her fourth full length ebook novel.

First of all I was drawn to this novel by the lovely bright, cheerful summery cover. The cover gives you hope of a lovely summery read and it wasn’t wrong …

Pippa had spent
Zee Monodee
I read this book almost in one sitting, poolside (yep, I was on vacation and I'd taken this ARC with me, thinking it'd make perfect holiday reading material. It did, btw!).

This was another delightful little read from Samantha Tonge! From the moment she had mentioned the title on her Facebook feed a little while ago, I knew I had to read this one, and when I found the ARC up for grabs on Netgalley, I jumped on it!

I loved Henrik, to be honest, and I hope he gets his story... I did cheer for Niko a
Simona
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
*Book provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review*

First of all I just wanna say that the cover of this book is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Pippa and her boyfriend Henrik are goung to Greece for a three weeks holidays. She is unsure about her feelings for him and is scared he is going to propose.
Taxos is a litlke Greek village that is like a second home for Pippa. She came here as a child and has found like a second family in some if the villagers.

It has been her dream to open a cute lit
Ems. (afternoonbookery)
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Do you ever just see a book and know its going to be good? I do, Game of Scones was one of those, the title drew me in ill admit, as a huge fan of game of thrones, i did giggle at the play on the title. I've made no secret of the fact that i love cafe, beach, restaurant, shop based books usually in a quaint coastal town and this wrapped everything that i love about books like this into one.

We meet Pippa, who is taking time out from her busy London life to set foot back in Taxos the town she freq
B.R. Maycock
Jun 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Obviously I have to start with the gorgeous cover- does anything scream 'Summer' like this? I enjoyed this book, was easygoing, light reading. I liked Pippa, who was, from the start, having a sort of crisis of identity, not quite sure that the way she had chosen to live her life was working any more. Returning to a village where her childhoods were spent, Pippa, happened upon Nico, an old friend who as something close to a soul mate in another life. The descriptions of Taxos were perfect, you co ...more
Kim
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, net-galley, 2015
A perfect summer read which makes you want to escape to the little village of Taxos, which is set in Kos.

Pippa spent many happy childhood summers in Taxos where her parents own a home. She spent a lot of time with Nikos and loves his family like her own. After settling into a financial city job she hasn't been back in years.

Her boyfriend has arranged for them to spend three weeks there, with only a few business meetings on his behalf. It should be a blissful holiday. But is everything perfect- a
BestChickLit.com
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
If the title of this book alone doesn’t tempt you to buy this book (personally, I think it’s outright genius) then I’m hoping this review will do the trick :)

When we meet Pippa, she’s experiencing the first twinges of cold feet and – suspecting her near perfect boyfriend is about to get down on bended knee – is grappling with a major life decision. Cue lots of scone making* and a trip to her beloved childhood holiday haunt Taxos for some breathing space. But things don’t do according to plan. Lo
Amanda
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Game of Scones is a fabulous holiday read, or maybe for those angstish moments waiting at the Doctor's surgery. The story kept me (the reader) turning page after page, transporting me onto the Greek island fishing village of Taxos and into sun, sea and heat. Also gorgeous Aegean god-like men (yes please). The storyline kept me riveted, with its twists and turns, and hoping like most women do for a happy ever after.

Beautifully written with fabulous down to earth comedy scenes. The description of
Janie Evans
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
"Game of Scones" by Samantha Tonge is the first book in her series 'The Little Teashop.' It is my first read by this author and I really liked it. We have Pippa Pattinson as our heroine who spent her Summers growing up on the Greek Island of Taxos, and never too far from her side was Niklaus her friend from childhood. Fast forward to the present and she is now with current beau Henrik who is smitten with Pippa but she is not so smitten with him. This is the story of revisiting parts of the past, ...more
Anne-Marie
Jul 10, 2015 rated it liked it
I read this book whilst on holiday in Cyprus, which definitely added to my enjoyment, with the wonderful descriptions of blue skies and seas and Greek food, which I was experiencing at the same time.
A little incredible that little Pippa would have had so much impact on the people of the village as a child, that 10 years later she could turn up again as a hero, but overlooking that the novel was good.
Her dilemma with Henrick and her doubts about the relationship were described well and I loved th
Karen Mace
Apr 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books, netgalley
Received a copy of this from NetGalley in return for an honest review.

The perfect combination of sun, sea and scones cant go wrong in my eyes and this book didnt disappoint!!

Set in a picture postcard Greek fishing village that has seen better days, it's the story of how a community comes together to save their town and how the main character, Pippa, ends up following her dreams in a proper feelgood fun tale. Wonderful set of characters and once i started i just couldnt put it down!! Highly recom
Michelle
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 GLITTERY SCONES STARS
I really loved this. It was funny and I loved the characters especially Niko and Pippa ❤
Fell in love with Greece, made me want to visit the beautiful island and the gorgeous people.
Could practically taste the scones and feel the atmosphere.
Will definitely read more from this author. ❤
Shelley Wilson
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
A fun story, ideal for a holiday read, or to escape from reality on a miserable day.

Pippa is a likeable character and I was in her corner when she stood up to fight for the rights of her friends, she has a caring heart. I didn't warm to Henrik at all!

I love the humour and wit that is sprinkled throughout the book. If you are looking for a light-hearted, and warming read then grab a copy.
Angela Free
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh, this book has made me want to go to Kos! Beautiful settings that I could picture all the way through. I could almost hear the waves and feel the sun on my skin. Lovely romance that is gonna continue in My Big Fat Christmas Wedding. Can't wait to see how Pippa and the rest of the islanders get on.
Kate Hewitt
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A lovely, frothy, fun romance--just the sort of book to curl up with and lose yourself for a couple of hours. I'm not always in the mood for a heavy read, and considering my life at the moment, this book fit the bill perfectly! Highly recommended.
Jill Steeples
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A fab, fun and entertaining read. Really enjoyed this escapist romance!
Alison Winter
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book started a bit slow but towards the end it was brilliant, a sequel might be nice
Agi
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
"Game of Scones". When Samantha Tonge announced the title of her new book on Twitter, my first thought was: genius. Pure genius. I love the title with all my heart, and then came the beautiful, colourful, so summery cover, and the blurb. I mean, a book about scones, about eating - could there be anything more exciting? The right answer is, of course, NO. At first I of course thought, scones and Greece, how does it fit? But no worries, Samantha Tonge has took care of all the things to work brilli ...more
  • Just the Way You Are
  • There's More to Life Than Cupcakes
  • One Hundred Christmas Proposals (100 Proposals #2)
  • The Happy Ever Afterlife of Rosie Potter (RIP)
  • Fat Girls and Fairy Cakes
  • Life or Something Like It
  • And the Bride Wore Prada
  • Your Room Or Mine? (Do Not Disturb #1)
  • My So-Called (Love) Life
  • Five Go Glamping
  • Tied Up with Love
  • Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered  (Could It Be Magic #1)
  • Let's Call The Whole Thing Off
  • Bad Bridesmaid
  • Return to Bluebell Hill
  • To Love a Wicked Scoundrel (Three Regency Rogues, #1)
  • Wish Upon A Christmas Cake
  • Party Games
Samantha Tonge lives in Manchester UK with her husband and children. She studied German and French at university and has worked abroad, including a stint at Disneyland Paris. She has travelled widely.
When not writing she passes her days cycling, baking and drinking coffee. Samantha has sold many dozens of short stories to women’s magazines.
She is represented by the Darley Anderson literary agency

The Little Teashop (2 books)
  • My Big Fat Christmas Wedding