Start by marking “The Princess Games” as Want to Read:
The Princess Games

The Princess Games

King Winkle and Queen Periwinkle have a problem. They need a princess, and they need her fast. With the upcoming peace-keeping marriage between Prince Linus of Branninia and the princess of the fair Kingdom of Hoggenbottom, it's a bit risky to admit they don't have a princess.

Instead, they decide to host The Princess Games. Soon enough, the fairest maidens of the land are
Published July 27th 2015 by Lands Atlantic Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Princess Games, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Princess Games

Hannah
I received an Advance Reader's Copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

This was a fun fairy tale story; I enjoyed it very much!

Update:

The King has promised another kingdom that his daughter would marry their prince. There is only one problem; the King doesn't have a daughter. So, naturally, he decides to hold a contest, the winner of which will be the kingdom's new princess and will marry the foreign kingdom's prince! And poor Karl Jurgermeier is put in charge of executing this
Forever Young Adult
Graded By: Brian
Cover Story: Barbie's Dream Princess Palace With Unicorns and Ponies!
Drinking Buddy: Pinkies Out!
Testosterone Estrogen Level: Court Intrigue
Talky Talk: The Princess Diaries, Jr.
Bonus Factor: Winner Take All Contest
Bromance Status: I Know You, Don't I?

Read the full book report here.
Stephanie
Jul 20, 2015 rated it liked it

The Princess Games is a Middle grade book that is truly meant for those who are in middle school. this is a very fast read. The vocab isn't to bad. overall a good book for a younger audience.

I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
RTC 7/27-8/31
Susan Walker
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fun read for girls about a King and Queen who need a princess so they hold a "Princess Game" to find one. This is a charming and lighthearted book that any little girl would love.
Felecia Efriann
Mar 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Mothers and Daughters
Recommended to Felecia by: The Author
I received this book in exchange for my honest review.

This is not a particular type of book I am sure to reading. I usually read a variety of children's books with my nieces and nephews. This one was well written and a fun story. It is a book that can open up conversations about feminism and womanhood if a mother and daughter read it together. It was a fun and entertaining read, and I enjoyed it.
Tonja Drecker
Nov 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
The moment I saw this cover, and read the title and blurb, I knew this was going to be an enjoyable read. But of course, I have a soft spot of cute princess tales anyway.

The heroine, Emma, is a hard working, down-to-earth girl, who knows what surviving in the 'real' world means. She's the oldest of a number of younger sisters and struggles with her father to keep them all fed. The fact that her father only wants her to enter the games so she can have free food fit wonderfully well into the pictu
Kellee
Full review with teaching tools: http://www.unleashingreaders.com/?p=8537

What a fun fractured fairy tale! I love the humor! It really does include some laugh-out-loud moments. The book actually reminds me a bit of Princess Academy by Shannon Hale, but The Princess Games is more light-hearted.

I think what makes this book work the best is the different voices throughout. Each chapter changes point of view which gives a different insight to the games as they are going on. This helps with characteri
Chris Meads
Aug 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What do you do when you don't have a princess and you need one? When you make a promise to another kingdom who has a prince that your princess will marry? You hold the Princess Games.

The word has been sent throughout all the land for the fairest maidens along with their fairy godmothers to show at the kingdom. Will plain Emma with her bungling fairy godmother Louise get the win, or will the fair Laralyn with her ambitious fairy godmother and witch of a mother get it.

I found this book to be humor
Lyn
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A very short book, but thoroughly enjoyable! It's a quicker, less serious version of Keira Cass's Selection series. Geared toward middle school readers, it's humorous and has a fairy tale feel to it, but I would recommend it as a fun read for all ages.
Note: I received this book for free through Goodreads Giveaways.
Lands Atlantic Publishing
  • Delilah Dusticle and the Cursed Tempest
  • Dusssie
  • The Adventure of Bob Wire in Oklahoma
  • Peregrine Harker & The Black Death
  • Power of the Heir's Passion (Andy Smithson, #0.5)
  • Are All the Giants Dead?
  • Attack of the Vampire Weenies (Weenies, #5)
  • Baker's Magic
  • Amanda Lester and the Pink Sugar Conspiracy (Amanda Lester, Detective, #1)
  • Rapunzel Cuts Loose (Grimmtastic Girls, #4)
  • Of Sorcery and Snow (The Ever Afters #3)
  • Attracting Wildlife: Projects, activities & tips for luring birds, bees, bullfrogs and other interesting creatures into your backyard
  • Doctrinal New Testament Commentary: Volumes 1-3
  • The Children on the Top Floor
  • The Beginner's Guide to Content Marketing for Small Businesses
  • The Christmas Creed
  • Ginnie and Geneva (Ginnie and Geneva, #1)
  • Who I'm Not
Danai Kadzere is a recent graduate of Harvard University, living and writing in New York City. With family scattered around the globe in South Africa, Germany, Zimbabwe, and America, Danai loves traveling, being adventurous and baking. When not nose deep in a good book, or elbows high in flour, Danai can be found covering things in pink glitter, chasing her two cats, climbing trees, or acting.