Start by marking “Awaken” as Want to Read:
Awaken

Awaken

(The Awaken Series #1)

After a tragic accident, Luna Beckham lost an entire years worth of memories, but she is determined to get her life back on track. Her family and friends tell her that the accident was a blessing, and Luna believes them. They say rebellious acts marred her senior year of high school, and in the seemingly Utopian society of Oportet, questioning anything was questioning ...more
Published March 8th 2015 by Maggie Sunseri

To ask other readers questions about Awaken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Awaken

Start your review of Awaken
John A. Sillasen
Nov 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Another Dystopian Society Novel after the Fall of the U.S.

A Utopian society of mindless automatons who are taught rules make an orderly society and not following rules is what brought down the former American government. A new form of Fascism where free speech and emotions are disallowed.
A bit of a slow read that truly only gets good in the last twenty pages. Too reminiscent of adolescent rebellion in a 1984 society. The book truly only gets good in the last twenty to twenty-five pages.
Laura Haslett
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed

Well I thought this debut novel was interesting and a fun storyline and I enjoyed the characters and plot. I look forward to the next book.
Aleta Meeker
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Maggie takes after her mom when it comes to writing! She keeps you on the edge of your seat never knowing which way the story will turn. Frighteningly plausible. A must read!
Kristan
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
2.5☆
Valory Kennedy
Dec 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Not a bad novel for a first

I actually thought this was Heather Sunseri's novel when I bought it. In fact until I read the author's bio, I thought it was Heather's! So I may be unfair with my rating since I was comparing it to an established author.
This novel has a good story line but I just couldn't sink into it. When I read I like to be in the story. I wasn't feeling well so I took the time and read straight through. It was a bit hard at times, to know whether you were in the past or present.
Melissa Bybee-fields
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story and the way it was written. Normally I don't like the books that skip around from past to present but the way the author set it up so that you were learning the past at the same time the main character was regaining lost memories is absolutely brilliant. This was one of those books where you are saying to yourself "just one more chapter". I couldn't put it down.

The most amazing thing is that this is a first novel for young teenage author, Maggie Sunseri. I am just
Heather Sunseri
I know I'm biased, but this novel by debut Author Maggie Sunseri is the introduction of an amazing new and fresh voice on the young adult scene. She writes dystopian and teen rebellion like no one I've read. And the romance? So emotional and deep. The young adult audience is going to love AWAKEN!
Natalya
Oct 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I actually really liked this story. The writing was good, especially considering YA narrative voice always seems so vapid. Sunsieri does a good job here. I liked the theme -- it has a moral. Not many books really do that anymore. Well done.
Apr 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
very interesting for a first novel & by someone so young! I liked the was it went from past to present & didnt confuse me, which it sometimes does. Maggie says she is writing a sequel, this book could stand alone, but I will get the sequel to continue with the story
Lelia
Apr 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lord this book was so good. Everything about the book was perfectly written and was organized very well. This is definitely a book to keep reading over again! Beware of the ending though!!!!
Rebecca Kelly
Jul 30, 2015
Teresa
Feb 13, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Prince (Spy Girl, #1)
  • Valkyrie Rising (Valkyrie, #1)
  • The Tetradome Run
  • Bearing Secrets (High House Ursa, #1)
  • The Deceivers (Vale Hall, #1)
  • Magic in Light (Supernatural Community #1)
  • Clayton (Wildflower, #1)
  • Signed, Sealed and Dead: A Lily Sprayberry Realtor Mystery (The Lily Sprayberry Realtor Mystery Series Book 3)
  • Shattered Stars (Broken Skies, #3)
  • The Pages of Time (The Pages of Time, #1)
  • Soul of the Storm (The Wardbreaker #2)
  • Ripples of the Past (The Pages of Time, #2)
  • Undetermined Events: An Angela Panther Mystery Novella (The Angela Panther Mystery Series)
  • Heart of the Thief (The Wardbreaker #1)
  • Rift (Rift Saga, #1)
  • Praying for Peace (Chantilly Adair Psychic Medium #3)
  • Ghosts are People Too (Chantilly Adair Psychic Medium #2)
  • Quell (The Flow Series Book 4)