Start by marking “Secured Heart (Windy City, #2)” as Want to Read:
Secured Heart (Windy City, #2)

Secured Heart

(Windy City #2)

As a child, Kelly dreamt of having a handsome husband, beautiful children, and a dog playing in the backyard. But life rarely turns out the way you plan, and she fears her clock is ticking. Still on the prowl for the perfect husband, she becomes more bold in her search. A night that starts out like any other, ends up being the one that changes everything.

As the owner of a
Published April 12th 2015 by Orzel Publishing (first published April 10th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Secured Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secured Heart

Start your review of Secured Heart (Windy City, #2)
Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐
Measha Stone has rewritten, updated and improved this book, and the new version will be available from the 15th October 2019.

Having not read the original books I can't comment on how they have been changed. What I am able to do is recommend the well written, steamy, emotion filled and action packed story that it now is. With each story Measha cleverly explores a new issue/concern/worry that faces those entering a long term power exchange relationship.

Kelly appeared as in book #1 as one of Jess
Madeleine
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kendrick, an ex-cop who's into BDSM. Kelly is a beautiful, single woman who's curious about the lifestyle and happens to stumble upon a BDSM club and happen to meet when Kendrick rescues Kelly from a situation that was bound to be bad. This is the second book in the series and just as good. ...more
Books Laid Bare
Apr 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Finding true love is never a smooth ride but when Kelly decided to take herself to task and get find the man of her dreams, she never for one minute thought she might be putting more than her heart on the line, she may just be putting herself at risk.
Kelly is a great character but ever so slightly deluded in some respect because she is trying to find a man to live up to the dreams that she has harboured for years, the perfect man, a man that will stand tall by her side as her husband and father
Veronica
Apr 15, 2015 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

When Kelly realises she is interested in BDSM Kendrick, a security guard who rescued her from a dangerous situation, agrees to help. Their relationship is intense and moves swiftly. I like that when Kelly realises that she wants to be owned and cherished as a submissive and she embraces it. Kendrick is a strong character without being overbearing or too macho. They felt balanced.

Parts of this story portray BDSM in a way that
Rose Howse
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story highlights Kelly, one of the friends that meets up on their friday night gatherings. Kelly wants her HEA with a dominant hubby,2.5 kids and a fanced in yard for a dog. Life doesn't always provide what we want when or how we want it, but Kelly is an impulsive person and finds herself in some bad situations. Lucky for Kelly, when she needs her knight in shining armor, Kendrick is there to save her. Kendrick finds that Kelly is looking to experience being owned by a dominant and has a na ...more
Petula
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this but that does not colour my review in any way.
★★★★
A very sexy story, about Kelly ,a woman who has been looking for a man to fulfill all her desires. She has always been impulsive and a little reckless. One night a man persuaded her to go to a BDSM club. What starts as an interesting night soon turns into something dangerous.
Kendrick is an ex-cop who now runs a security firm. He is definitely the the kind of man to protect a woman from harm.
This book has got a good sto
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Apr 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loved-it
This is the second book I've read by this author. Another great read by Measha.

While searching for her ideal man Kelly puts herself in a dangerous situation. Kendrick a security guard comes to her rescue. This is the start of an intense relationship between them while they exploring bdsm.

This is a great sexy hot story with a storyline that I really enjoyed.
Georgia
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewcopy
Review can also be found in Chill and read

Kelly is a chemistry teacher. She lives a quiet life, meeting her friends every Friday night, looking for the one and only, the man she will take as husband and have kids with. She was a lone child with busy parents and that is not what she is looking for. Despite her thorough search, she is intimidated by another form of love, not the one displayed in romantic novels. She decides to just go with the flow, while the chance is there.

Kendrick is a man of a
Liz Booker
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this. These two main characters were obviously meant to be. Kelly was immature sometimes and made rash decisions regarding their relationship, but that didn't take away anything from the story for me.
And let's talk about that surprise ending! I love something completely unexpected happens like that. 5 stars!
Mignon Mykel
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Received a review copy of title through IndieSage PR in exchange for an honest review; orginal posting can be found at:

This is the story of Kelly and Kendrick -- two very headstrong people. An avid reader, Kelly is curious about the club scene... Rather, the sex club scene and BDSM as a whole.

At the beginning if the story, she's downtown with friends when a man approaches her. While she thinks he's on the greasy side, she agrees to a drink. When he states
Rachel BookJunky Author Services
I received a copy of Secured Heart for a blog tour and my honest review.

OMG, I loved this. Kelly is foot loose and fancy free, searching for that "special someone" to give her the family she's always wanted. Of course, she's read some BDSM stories and wonders, like the rest of us, if it's something she'd be interested in, so when she meets up with a guy at the bar and he suggests a dungeon party, she's all over it.

Kendrick, an ex-cop security specialist is doing a security gig for a friend's par
Ruthie Taylor
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads

What a really good read! The writing flows so smoothly, that it was the middle of the night, and only my eyes refusing to stay open any longer could stop me finishing it in one sitting! I've read a lot of BDSM books, and many of them deal with introducing someone into the scene, but few do it in such a beautifully calm and caring manner. Even though he makes it clear what he expects, and when, it is done with style and positi
Kari Hansen
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kelly has a job she likes and a good group of friends but the one thing she is missing is love and a family of her own. Her search to find that leads her to a BDSM club where she ends up in a dangerous situation until she is rescued by Kendrick.

Kendrick has a background as a police officer and now owns his own security company. When he sees the situation that Kelly is in all his protective instincts rise to the surface and he is determined that if she wants to experience the lifestyle that she d
Badh
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kelly wants love. She wants a husband and kids. She goes out every week and always finds losers. One day she found an even bigger loser, but it leads to somethng good, so it's one of those good news/bad news things.

Kendrick is a Domly type. One day, doing security on a party he really should'nt've been, he saw a scumbag doing bad things. So, he punched the scumbag and saved the damsel.

I really like how well Kelly and Kendrick fit together. They meet needs in each other that weren't being met i
Sydney M Neblett
Learning patience and your place

Another perfect story from the queen of dominance and alpha males. I really enjoyed this book, I liked the way the characters were so real and connected with their friends and each other. I wasn’t sure I was going to be on Kelly’s side, for an intelligent woman she seemed a bit (okay a lot) impulsive, but as we slowly learned her story it made so much more sense. I loved Kendrick from the beginning. The author wrote him as this strong alpha male who took the pains
Jeanette Oglesby
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

I really liked Kendrick and Kelly’s story. We learn so much more about Kelly in this book. I loved her wildness and Kendrick’s take charge attitude. I have read the first book in the Windy City series and I loved that story too, but I felt it was rushed. This one is by far not rushed. We get more of Royce and Jessica’s story in this book also. I loved the fact that the characters from book one carried over into this one.

This book has romance, BDSM, mystery and a whole lot of really Ho
Heather
This is the second book in the Windy City series, but it can easily be read as a stand alone. If you read the first book, you may recognize some of the characters but the story line is completely independent of that first story. When Kelly finds herself unprepared for a potentially dangerous situation, Kendrick steps in to rescue her. Even though at times I felt Kelly was extremely irresponsible and foolish , the story itself was enjoyable with plenty of very steamy scenes. I'm looking forward t ...more
Sue
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot and sensual romance. Second in the Windy City series that can be read as a stand-alone. If you start with this one, I guarantee you will want to read the first book so as not to miss one sizzling second of the dominant men who are more than up to the task of taming this rather out of control group of friends. In this instance, the most unruly and impetuous of the bunch is involved, and I found myself shaking my head and saying, don’t do it, a time or two or three. This book takes the sizzle ...more
Lisa
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy in return for a honest review ... this is no way influences my opinion/review.

I loved this book ... it was exciting and sexy as heck!
this is the second book I've read by Measha Stone and I'm certainly hooked...i hope there's more in this series....?

I really wish I was better with words ...
i love the charcaters ... measha makes them really come alive on the page (or screen ...lol... if you are reading on an ereader)
I felt like I knew them
Kay Parker
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh Kelly, Kelly, Kelly.
I loved this book, reading it directly after Hidden Heart (book 1).
I found this book to be quite fast-paced from the beginning with several thrills and "oh!" moments, leading into a sexy and enjoyable build of chemistry between Kelly and Kendrick, culminating in an excellent conclusion I thoroughly enjoyed. The storyline definitely suited Kelly's character, and Kendrick is the perfect match for her, along with the secondary cast of characters.
Highly recommended!
Lisa Roberts
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved Kendrick and Kelly and their dynamic together. Kelly on a mission to find that one and Kendrick taking her under his wing to show her all the things. Such alot of feelings and emotion in this couple And I thought they were the most beautiful couple and experiencing this together was everything.
Gayle Pace
MY THOUGHTS (Book Two)
This is Book Two of the Windy City Series. The book can be read as a stand alone but does start with Kelly and her antics. Kelly is one of those girls that appears to go for anything, free love, rather loose and this is on the outside. There is much more to Kelly than that. She isn't dumb by far, she works at a good job, she has good friends but her goals, her goals are slowly not as important as they used to be. Kelly wants and needs desperately a good man to care and love
Robin Smith
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: really-good
Kelly, another friend from the "Windy City" series by Ms. Measha Stone, has always been on the look-out for Mr. Right. Ever since she was a little girl she's dreamed of being a mother, lover, and a friend (submissive if you call a spade a spade here) to one beloved man. But so far, her Mr. Right has been Mr. Oh Hell No !! Thinking a meet up might be nice she follows the wrong man to a naughty party and finds herself being slipped a mickey. Thank goodness Kendric McFall catches her and takes her ...more
Zelda
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The second standalone in the Windy City group, this story focuses on Kelly and Kendrick. Kelly is known for being impulsive & looking for her future husband, but she's not desperate. While waiting for Mr. Right, Kelly wants to explore her own needs, and Kendrick is the guy that helps her after a decision goes wrong. Kelly's current wants and her future hopes don’t seem to mesh, but Kendrick is exactly the guy she needs. I love it when the H can be strong and also emotionally vulnerable, and make ...more
Rhonda
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She's looking for the man of her dreams. He isn't looking for anyone special. When Kendrick ends up helping Kelly from what could have been a dangerous situation, the attraction starts. He's intrigued and so was she. this was a wonderful story and I fell in love with the characters. Kelly tended to behave a bit childish at times but that didn't stop me for liking her. This second book in Measha Stone's Windy City series and I"m eagerly waiting for the next one. Do yourself a favor and pick this ...more
Elizabeth
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Much as I liked Royce and Jessica, I think Kendrick has stolen my heart. I felt sorry for Alex, but Kendrick was the epitome of a Dom. He was sexy, firm caring and loving and even though Kelly drove him to distraction at times he never gave up on her. This is one hot, fun read and although I had tears in my eyes at one point it has a lovely ending. I am so looking forward to the next book in the series.
Linda
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Windy City romance? Kelly is bound and determined to find that husband, but she's craving something else too! Adventurous, she meets someone at a club and agrees to meet him at a dungeon! Ted is not a good guy, and thank goodness, Kendrick is there for the rescue. Could he be interested in Kelly? What is it about her? Well, I enjoyed my time learning about both these main characters and keeping up with the others too! I'm just loving this series!
Pansy
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotic-romance
A wonderfully hot read.

Kelly rather surprised me. Jessica's book talked about Kelly looking for a husband, but a sadistic Dom? Wow! How the sparks flew with these two. I was a tad disappointed with the outcome of the trial. I thought equal sentences were called for. But I wasn't the judge - or the author. Enjoyed this to the very end.
Jo
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a really intense book.

Kelly finds herself in a situation no woman wants to be in. Luckily Kendrick protects her and it's the start of one amazing ride.

These two characters go through some serious ups and downs, have some amazingly hot and kinky sex and manage to ..... (haha, you thought I was gonna spoil the good stuff...not a chance)!

This is one wild series!
JD
Measha Stone has re-released her original "Windy City" quartet to coincide with Daddy's Heart. It's been a while since I read this book so I can't tell you what's new; it may be longer. I will say that the blurb should have contained a disclaimer that this is a previously published book.

If you want a fairly mild, consensual, not badly written (though poorly edited) BDSM book where the H is not a domineering Neanderthal and the h isn't a brat or a doormat, then you'd probably like this. Like the
« previous 1 3 next »

• Black Light: Roulette War
  • Scandalized (Black Light #14)
  • Black Light: Brave (Black Light Series Book 17)
  • Motorcycle Daddy (MC Daddies #1)
  • Daddy's Lost Love (Montana Daddies #4)
  • Wild Card (Vegas Underground, #8)
  • Jasmine
  • Dead Man's Hand (Vegas Underground, #7)
  • His Queen of Clubs (Vegas Underground, #6)
  • Black Light: Charmed
  • Defended (Black Light #13)
  • Cormac (Dangerous Doms #2)
  • Rocked (Black Light #1)
  • Nolan (Dangerous Doms #3)
  • Keenan (Dangerous Doms #1)
  • Valentine Roulette (Black Light #3)
  • Finding Teagan (Missing Pieces #2)

Windy City (4 books)
  • Hidden Heart (Windy City #1)
  • Indebted Heart (Windy City #3)
  • Liberated Heart (Windy City #4)

News & Interviews