Start by marking “The Truth about Catalogers” as Want to Read:
The Truth about Catalogers

The Truth about Catalogers

Go behind the scenes as Manley and Lee track down and investigate the myths, legends, and tall tales of cataloging. As a special bonus, the surprising results of Manleys American Libraries cataloger survey are revealed.
Published May 1st 1995 by McFarland & Company (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Truth about Catalogers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Truth about Catalogers

Start your review of The Truth about Catalogers
Monique
Okay I took time from my academic schedule to get into a little career related literature as I find everything I read now relates back to my passion and my love of books and research and I flipped through this book on the shelf, saw the comics and the references to AACR2 which I am learning all about now and all the cataloging woes you can encounter as a librarian so I checked it out to piece through on my commute and precious spare time while also learning skills I can apply and to shine in cla ...more
LibraryCin
This is a little book of humour, poking fun of library cataloguers – little stories, as well as cartoons.

I am a cataloguer and I suspect this will mostly appeal to cataloguers and maybe to librarians and library staff, in general. Overall, though, it was ok. Some were funny, others not as much. I read it over a couple of days, and maybe my mood made a difference, as I found things funnier in the second half of the book, on the second day I was reading it.
Linda
Feb 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommended to Linda by: Julie and Melissa
Shelves: 2015
Well, I don't know what AACR2 is nor do I understand what O.C.L.C. stands for (I'm betting that last two are Library of Congress), but I still find this book mildly amusing.
dejah_thoris
Sep 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
At first I would have given this collection 4 stars but the humor doesn't have a lot of staying power. I really liked Manley's single panel cartoons that didn't require long explanations like, "Consider your relationship as a long running serial with updates." And I didn't care much for the longer jokes like how catalogers arrived on this planet. The material is VERY dated (early 1990s) so you can feel the pain of computerizing the catalog and learning how networked resources were going to work, ...more
Laurel Narizny
Irene
Feb 10, 2018
Liz
May 03, 2020
Play Book Tag: The Truth About Catalogers / Will Manley. 3 stars 1 7 May 26, 2017 08:23PM