Start by marking “Damselfly Inn (Thornton Vermont, #1)” as Want to Read:
Damselfly Inn (Thornton Vermont, #1)

Damselfly Inn

(Thornton Vermont #1)

“I can take care of you, Nan.”
The unintentional double meaning hung in the air a moment. Nan thought she could easily drown in those gray eyes.

Check into the Damselfly Inn and fall in love with Thornton, Vermont.

When a late summer storm drops a tree branch through her roof, Thornton’s new innkeeper wonders if the quaint village is really as perfect as it seems.

Nan Grad
Published April 13th 2015 by Bannerwing Books

To ask other readers questions about Damselfly Inn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Damselfly Inn

Start your review of Damselfly Inn (Thornton Vermont, #1)
Cameron Garriepy
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-titles
Five stars from me. But I wrote it, so that's what we call an "unreliable narrator."
Angela Amman
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Damselfly Inn is the first novel in Cameron D. Garriepy’s Thornton Vermont series, and you are going to adore the town — and the cast of characters coming and going through the Damselfly Inn — from the moment you begin reading.

While Damselfly Inn is a romance novel at heart, Garriepy's lush prose and carefully crafted characters allow Damselfly Inn to transcend the genre into the type of novel even non-romance fans will devour. The love story between Nan and Josh does more than explore the buddi
Andra Watkins
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Do you remember what it felt like to fall in love with your soul mate? To negotiate a first kiss? To experience the first heat of passion? We all need to escape into stories that make us remember where we've been and what we've been given.

Damselfly Inn is that story.

I read Damselfly Inn in one sitting. Four or five hours of delightful time. The characters are all well-developed, likeable and flawed, and the author helps us pull for them with her shifts of perspective and turns of phrase. Set aga
Texas
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Damselfly Inn #1 - Other than the usage of lowercase God throughout the story, I enjoyed the story. The multiple storylines are interesting. I like all of the characters but Kate and Jack are my favorites.

The importance of family and love is a strong part of the fabric woven with humor, anger, frustration and other emtions. The story is intriguing and there are a couple of moments of suspense.

I skipped over the sex scenes so I do not know how graphic they are and the very infrequent usage of vul
M
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nan and Josh

Nan is not having a good night! She doesn't like storms and the Damselfly Inn just took a hit! She is up in the 3rd floor in the Bridal suite when she thinks she hears a knock. Next thing she knows is her neighbors Molly and Walt Fuller are in her foyer along with a younger man. Molly takes charge and guides Nan into the kitchen where she fixes her a cup of tea with honey to help with the shock. The younger man turns out to be the Fuller's son Josh whose a carpenter and he quickly go
Catherine Haynes
Awesome book. I had to read it a second time, just wanted the feelings from the book to continue. Filled with suspense, mystery, love, hope, desire, despair, and determination. This is a good lesson for those that have the strength and dedication to fulfill that one dream for the life you want to have. The beauty of creating something that others can enjoy, and cherish.

What could be better, following a dream for ones life; and ending up having some many things get in the way, trying to stop you
Sandy
Jul 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
A very enjoyable read...

This is a long, slow-building story that brings life to each of its characters and develops the scene and story lines completely. I enjoyed that the story came to life in my mind as I read each page. While I wanted to stay immersed in the story forever, since I'm a New England gal, I contemplated how Nan and Joss's relationship would develop and wanted to see it come to fruition. The sex scenes are extremely mild, hold more emotion than actual sex and are well presented.
Claudia
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A young woman buys an old victorian building and changes it into a B&B. That should be enough to keep her busily happy, but the hotel is attacked again and again - and no one knows why. Afraid to lose her guests and her business she finds falling in love with the neighbor's son a good distraction.
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. The story is entertaining, at times funny and the characters and plot are well developed.
I really enjoyed this boo
Molly
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: cozy and romance fans
Recommended to Molly by: Booksprout
The owner of a B and B, the handyman who thankfully is available to do urgent repairs for her, as well as a host of possible suspects for damage done to a small town resort make for a busy place, and lots of opportunities for love and chaos.

Can giving a troubled teen a chance lead to lethal disasters?

Is an apparent frenemy really more of a friend with a bit of an attitude? Or is she a saboteur?

Welcome to Thornton! If you check in to the Damselfly Inn, lots of action and romance awaits.

I receive
Debbie Caswell
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautifully written book that draws you into the life of small town Thornton Vermont with all its small town prejudices and secrets

The slow burn romance between Nan Grady Inn owner and Josiah (Joss) Fuller local carpenter is a reminder of that first love that we all reminisce about . The main thread of the story is about finding your place in life even if that is a small vermont town.

The writing in this book is superb a true example of this art at its best

I received a free copy of this
Tanya
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She had brought her inn and she loved it until a free crashes through her roof. She finds someone to Help but there is an attraction between them. Things get worse when someone it targeting her inn and her causing damage to the inn. Who is it? Will she lose everything? Will love really come to her? See how it will end

Karen J Shields
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a quaint and friendly place.

My first book by this writer. I loved the setting and characters. I somehow thought this was going to be a cozy mystery. Although there was a mystery, there were really no villains, just a bunch of human beings making mistakes and growing in the process. A good book to read when you want to decrease the drama and settle into a good story..
Barbara
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first book in this series called Thornton Vermont and I enjoyed reading it from the first to the last page. Nan Grady and Joss Fuller's story was very well-written and with the things that happen including a car accident it was a book I was not putting down. I received a copy of this book via Booksprout and I also bought it.
Pat
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be a very enjoyable read with the well written storyline and very likable characters that drew me right in from the very first page and kept me totally captivated until the turn of the very last page!
Laurel
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A decent read

I found this book to be redundant at times which is why I have it four stars. There were so many confusing characters in this book, and that added to the confusion. Otherwise, read on.
cristina viladoms
Total page turner

I’m a romantic novel junkie. But I love there was real suspense in this one. Joss a true gentleman, Katie a true friend. And al around a beautiful setting scrumptious pastries and some spice, but not the tacky kind. Loved it!!!!!
Joan
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nan and Joss

This book has it all. A small town in the mountains, great scenery, a enchanting B and B. A warm story about friendship, compassion and love. Throw in some mystery and trouble and you have a good read!
Karen Turner
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book. A bit of romance, mystery with close friends and family. Will be reading the next book in the series.
Karen
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is a nice old fashion romance that is an engaging, small town with a bit of mystery storyline. The characters are intriguing, well developed. It was a good book to read.
Coco.V
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet book and now I am starting Sweet Pease, second book
Marcia
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this story. Characters were like likeable and setting was gorgeous. Highly recommended.
Petite
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Received this book in a give-a-way as a member of LibraryThing. Was not disappointed. Loved the read.
Nan had dreams and goals of running a B&B and nothing or anyone was going to stop her. Love her determination, courage and understanding. She did not give up. A sweet added bonus was finding true unconditional love and happiness.
I like how the author described everything in great detail.
RedRedtheycallmeRed
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you are the sort of reader who likes their romances super angsty with lots of drama, you'll probably be disappointed. If you're ok with a quieter, slower romance then give this one a try.

Nan (I know it's a nickname, but I hate it!) owns a B&B in small town Vermont. Her neighbors have a son, Joss, who is a contractor and he offers to fix her top floor after a tree crashes into it during a storm. I liked that Nan and Joss got to know each other kind of slowly. The attraction was there, but they
Stephanie
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having read Cameron Garriepy before, I knew when I opened this book it would be a delightful read. I was not disappointed! The author sets the stage well, her writing style offering plenty of "movie scenes" in my head with poignant and clear backgrounds that really bring home the atmosphere and neighborliness of Northeastern small towns. Each character comes to life quickly, and I found myself involved with every single one of them--from Anna and Jack, to Kate and Danny, and most of all, the del ...more
Brenda Roberson
Oct 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Damselfly Inn is a romance novel chock full of prolific prose and carefully created characters. It allows Damselfly Inn to rise above the typical romance genre into the type of novel that even non-romance fans will "fall in love" with.

The love story between Nan Grady and Josiah (Joss) Fuller does much more than delve into the potential relationship between the feisty innkeeper and the quite good looking, honest hometown carpenter. Damselfly Inn will cause a yearning for all ladies to fall in lov
Mandy Dawson
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love a good romance novel and this one had everything I look: Hunky hero with a good heart and slightly stubborn streak? Check. Strong and independent heroine who wants, but doesn't need a man in her life? Check. Secondary characters who make me hunger for their stories? Check. Descriptions and details that fuel a page turning plot that keeps me reading long after my dinner has burned on the stove? Check and check.

From mouth watering descriptions of the food Nan creates in her kitchen, to stea
Marcie
May 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Nan has just realized her life's dream by opening the Damselfly Inn, a bed and breakfast in one of Vermont's small towns. She loves providing hospitality and great food to her guests and is longing to find a sense of belonging in her new environment. When a large tree falls on the top floor of the Inn, she needs to get the roof repaired quickly to ensure no more damage is done. She meets a local contractor and the stage is set for romance. Additionally, a series of vandal attacks against the Inn ...more
Lisa
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Once upon a time I was a regular reader of romances. That stopped, however, when the formula became too predictable and the romance too cloying. Cameron D. Garriepy, however, has brought me back to the power of a beautifully written romance, because they aren't formulaic and predictable. Rather, Garriepy has created a world--the world of Thornton, VT.--which is rich and varied in atmosphere and character, reminiscent of places I've loved and visited in my own short time living in Vermont. She ha ...more
John Dolan
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*** An Engaging Tale of Homecoming ***

It's hard not to like Cameron Garriepy's writing; there is something comfortable about it - like meeting up with an old friend.

In 'Damselfly Inn', her writing cocktail is once more to the fore: relatable characters, shaken and stirred with a pinch of mystery, and a generous measure of romance. What it means to belong, and being comfortable in one's skin, are just two of the very human vicissitudes Garriepy explores in this engaging tale of homecoming and red
Goodreads Librari...: New Series Request 2 15 Oct 13, 2017 11:47AM

• A Dash of Peach (Sweet Peach Bakery #1)
  • The Girl in the Snow (Carolina Caccia #1)
  • Scout's Honor
  • Falling for Alaska (Alaska Dream, #1)
  • The Wedding Pact Box Set (The Wedding Pact, #1-3)
  • Three Fiddles: A Novel
  • 42 Hours (Time for Love, #3)
  • Dianna (The Brittler Sisters #1)
  • Love & Order (Holidays in Hallbrook #1)
  • Christmas at Whitefriars
  • The Secret of Chestnut Hall (Blooms, Bones and Stones, #1)
  • The Royal Wedding (Crown Jewels Romance, #2)
  • Girl Gone Home: A Twisted, Quirky, Absolutely Gripping Psychological Thriller
  • The Dragons of Alsace Farm
  • The Perfectly Proper Paranormal Museum (Perfectly Proper Paranormal Museum #1)
  • The Stationmaster's Cottage (River's End Mystery Romance #1)
  • The Problem with Pugs (Love & Pets, #1)
  • Kissed by a Cowboy 1 & 2: Sweet Cowboy Romance (Redbud Trails)
Cameron Garriepy is a New England-based author of smart, sexy, small-town love stories. She’s been devouring romance novels since she discovered Judith Krantz in the stacks of the local library...a long time ago. Previously, she’s been a nanny, a pastry cook, a camp counselor, and an office manager. Current status: socially distancing at home with her husband and son.

Every day is your love story.

Thornton Vermont (4 books)
  • Sweet Pease (Thornton Vermont, #2)
  • Family Practice (Thornton Vermont #3)
  • Sugaring Season (Thornton Vermont #4)