Jump to ratings and reviews

Darkness Falls #2

Emerging from Darkness

The virus is spreading, the future is uncertain, and the Degenerates are taking control.

Ike Glass and Ace Cullen have found themselves in quite the predicament: the Degenerates have located their hideout and kidnapped Phoenix and Rian, and now they must fight for their lives. Phoenix Blue knows she must tread carefully if she expects to keep her sister alive. What she doesn’t expect is the strength her young sister possesses, and the lengths her new-found family will go to in order to save their lives. Sometimes the ties that bind us have nothing to do with blood relations. Just how far will these four friends go in their quest to emerge from the darkness?

Kindle Edition

First published March 30, 2015

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Kira Adams

23 books643 followers
Krista Pakseresht has always been a dreamer, from the first time she opened her eyes. Creating worlds through words is one thing she is truly talented at. She specializes in Young adult/New adult romance, horror, action, fantasy, and non-fiction under the pen name Kira Adams.

She is the author of the Infinite Love series, the Foundation series, the Darkness Falls series, and the Looking Glass series.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
2 (2%)
1 star
1 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 40 reviews
Profile Image for AK Mama Reads.
453 reviews44 followers
Mama's Thoughts on Emerging From Darkness:

Gutted, wrecked, devastated, ever so slightly hopeful, these would all be accurate in describing how I felt during and after reading the sequel to Into the Darkness. In Emerging From Darkness, Phoenix and the gang are not given a break, there's no time to catch your breath in the zombie apocalypse after all. Again Kira Adams keeps the pace nothing short of frantic, even though we get to see more development of the characters and their relationships. In a heartbreaking, breath stealing moment, things go from bad to worse than you imagined, and this happens more than once. I love to read books that keep me on my toes, rather than being boringly predictable. However, I do have to scold Mz. Adams for nearly giving me a heart attack and making me use yet another box of tissues. I would be remiss if I did not mention that just as the previous book, this is not appropriate for children, nor for the faint of heart.
Also, Cullen, mmmm yes please. 5 dismembered limbs, err, stars!

***ARC for honest review***
Profile Image for 1-Click Addict Support Group.
3,749 reviews441 followers
May 27, 2015
OMG, really? Really? You are going to leave it at THAT?

If you haven’t read the first in this series you will want to do that before picking up this sequel which carries on ably from the last. I will tell you now, the writing is just as sharp, the danger and violence even more intense, as the group of survivors continues on their quest.

Phoenix and her sister, Rian are together again but that doesn’t mean they are safe, not by a long shot. Soldiers Ike Glass and Ace Cullen are protective as always but the women are holding their own and prove their worth after every bloody skirmish.

In this new world, survival is the ultimate victory with most other rules thrown out the window. Trust goes hand-in-hand with betrayal and no one is immune to the death and violence that is around every corner.

I did NOT see the events here coming so really did not prepare to have enough tissue on hand. Gut wrenching in their simplicity, certain scenes had me openly weeping at the depth of sadness and despair so eloquently portrayed. I’m getting used to understanding that twists and turns are going to be par for the course but that doesn’t make the blindsides any easier to spot or avoid.

Great storytelling continues as the cast of characters grows and the mysteries deepen. Will the world be able to survive this pandemic after all? We won’t find out until the next book in the series which can’t get here fast enough. ~ Diane, 4 stars

~~~

This book started off exactly where the first book left off. Right away, there is turmoil and heart ache. I knew I was in for a ride and good grief, I was right.

The entire book had me on the edge of my seat purely because I needed to know what happened next. The love between the main characters grows and there is actually a bit of depth to them, which was a nice surprise from the last release.

Where the author and I disagree is the ending. Oh, hello cliffhanger! IT WAS GIGANTIC. I don't know whether or not I want to walk away from the series all together or yell at the author to write faster. If you don't mind cliffhangers, this book is for you! If you do, walk away! ~ Kelly, 3.5 stars
Profile Image for Heavenly.
428 reviews8 followers
March 26, 2015
I have received an ARC copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. The thoughts are 100% mine and I was not compensated in any way.

I have to say that I feel really lucky that I was able to do firstly beta reading and then I received an ARC of this amazing book! I love, adore and I am simply obsessed with this series!
The book picks up straight after first book has finished. Phoenix and Rian have been kidnapped by degenerates. Ike, Cullen and Foster are kneeling in front of the remaining degenerates expecting being shot or wounded and left for Zombies to get them. The first option is better for them. But even though their situation seems to be hopeless, Cullen is not giving up. And soon they are free and have a hostage. Because Cullen is wounded, they have to wait few days before they will start their rescue mission.

In the meantime, Phoenix is treated like a walking blood bag and is connected to IV to take all her blood and start producing the cure. She still hopes that her friends, Ike and Ace will survive and help her, but it's her sister, Rian that is freeing them. They go back to their previous location, but unfortunately neither Cullen or Ike are there. Sisters decide to look refuge in one of the prisons. What they don't know, Ike and Cullen decided to do the same. Unfortunately, they haven't picked the same one. One of the prison is like a heaven, but other is full of degenerates.

In this book we have as in previous part, fighting for survival, violence, friendship, love and drama. death of some characters just broke me and I was sobbing. What I love the most about this part? It's more Ike's and Cullen stories, so we are able to get to know them a bit better. Also I love how Phoenix opens up to Cullen, and also his feelings. Simply amazing.

Can't wait for next part. Well deserved 5 stars!
Profile Image for Ash ♡.
126 reviews22 followers
April 19, 2015
Hell yes! If the world turned to shit ('scuse the French) I would want to survive the same way Phoenix does with Cullen (AKA Heartthrob of the Year). Kira, you have delivered an excellent sequel after an incredible start to the series. I really love the direction this series is heading in!

Emerging from Darkness starts where Into the Darkness left off. From page one there is action and drama. Until the very last moment I was kept in complete suspense through all the intense fight scenes. The love interest between Cullen and Phoenix that had been in its baby stages during book one, was developing quickly throughout Emerging From Darkness.

Phoenix is such a strong female character that is an awesome role model. Several times throughout the book she says things that brings feminism forward hundreds of years. She talks of doing things on her own and not wanting to wait for someone to protect her or look after her.

As sad as the moment was, I felt that the raw emotion that Phoenix felt after (not naming names because I don't wanna be THAT person) died was so real. When I was reading this part, I really appreciated just how good of an author Kira Adams is.

I would recommend this series to anyone after a quick read that leaves you wanting while simultaneously wanting it to stop because you can't handle the intensity and emotions.
Profile Image for Sara.
48 reviews
March 31, 2015
*I received an ARC from the author for an honest review**

I absolutely loved Into The Darkness and I have to say I loved this book just as much! The book picks up right where I was left hanging from Into The Darkness where Phoenix and Rian were taken away by the degenerates while Cullen and Foster were held at gunpoint. This book was a whirlwind rollercoaster! This was such an intense, action-filled, emotional book! I was thrown for a loop worrying what would happen to each character. I was absolutely devastated when Rian died. I felt Phoenix's heartbreak but I was happy to see she had Cullen to turn to. It was wonderful to read how Cullen and Phoenix's relationship bloom.

Once again I was left hanging and I will still hang awaiting the next book!

If you enjoy the show The Walking Dead and you enjoy reading, I think this book is right up your alley.
Profile Image for Karen Chappell.
92 reviews12 followers
May 30, 2015
What can i say? This part two of the zombie apocalypse is even more amazing than the first! Kira Adams keeps you wondering if Phoenix and Cullen will ever find a small piece of happiness and a time when their not running for their lifes. Ike is such a commanding take charge guy, and the world is lucky that he is. This book is a great intense read. The roller coaster these characters call life is chaotic and they are very determined to succeed with their mission, finding a cure, and rebuilding a life for themselves.
Just when I thought the series was over and ending, a twist at the end leaves me screaming for more. I hope book three is here soon.
Thanks and congrats to Kira Adams for another wonderful story.
Please keep them coming.
Profile Image for Rhiannon St. Clair.
383 reviews11 followers
May 20, 2015
**I received an ebook ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review**

I was ridiculously excited to get my hands on this book. I devoured Into the Darkness in a few short days, fell in love with Phoenix, Cullen, and Ike, and was left craving more.

Emerging from Darkness picks up right where the first book left off. Phoenix and Rian are in trouble, Ike and Cullen want nothing more than to help them, but unfortunately things are at a standstill all around thanks to the biters and degenerates. This book takes readers on yet another journey, giving us a glimpse into the hell that these characters are subjected to while seeking a cure to the pandemic that’s swept the nation.

Kira knows how to write action, and this book is laced with it. The characters battle for their lives, facing biters and degenerates, and a new group of individuals whose primary motivation is to harm them. The romance that sparked between Cullen and Phoenix in the first book comes back in full force in this book. There’s an undeniable attraction between the two of them, a pull that neither can deny, and for the first time since the beginning of the series it seems like Phoenix just might be ready to let her guard down. Of course I can’t tell you whether she does or not—you’ll have to grab a copy and read it yourself to find out!

I didn’t think it was possible for me to fall any more in love with Ike than I already was after the first book, but I did with this one. He has such an amazing soul and he’s such a good man, with this awesome presence. I think he might be my favorite character out of this, at least so far.

I like that Kira drew me in again with the action, kept my attention, and had me on the edge of my seat. I love stories that leave me wondering what’s going to happen next, where the author gives bits and pieces away without letting all the secrets out right away. Kira does that with this book. We find out more, but not so much that everything is spoiled. And by the time I got to the end I was longing to know what the fate of these characters was. I for one am more than excited for the next book to come out.

I’m still wondering about Phoenix, but I trust Kira and I know that when the time is right, she’ll give us that story.

If you’re into zombie stories, you like romance, and love action and adventure, this is a great series for you. I’d recommend going out and picking up Into the Darkness and Emerging from Darkness.
Profile Image for Tina.
403 reviews11 followers
April 7, 2015
I received an ARC of this book for an honest review. I had some questions from the first book Into The Darkness & luckily they were addressed in this book. Like I had mentioned in book one I had some parts that weren't believable to me concerning Ike & how he handled the outbreak & getting to his family. That was addressed here during Ike's POV this helped me to see into the mindset of this character that I had such high expectations of. Thank you for that Kira, I really appreciate how things were addressed & settled. As we follow these characters through their determination to survive from the zombies, degenerates & the breakdown of the American society we get more information on their pasts. I know I kind of questioned how Phoenix was so badass off the bat in Into The Darkness & why there wasn't a meltdown. Slowly learning about the characters past it all started to make sense to me. Seeing her being badass in Emerging From Darkness but also seeing her have an emotional breakdown & struggle through some heavy emotions solidified her growth to me. This book was emotional almost immediately off the bat with it picking up right where the first book left off with Ike, Cullen, & Forest being held hostage & about to be executed by the Degenerates. We loose Forester to the Degenerates & when we do here is where we see Ike & Cullen's badass military skills come into play. So as I'm crying over the loss of Forester, I was cheering on Ike & Cullen. Kira really pulled out a lot of emotion in this book, there was some serious loss, some strides in finding a cure. & of course tons of action. Some of the Degenerates finally get what's coming to them but just when we think that there may be a happily ever after. We are thrown for a loop & left with a cliffy!!! One doozy of a cliffy! So this one is a so,I'd 4 stars for me & I can NOT wait to read the next book & find out what the heck happened that led to the cliffhanger.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Kelsey.
318 reviews3 followers
March 30, 2015
Thank you, Kira, for the ARC copy of this outstanding sequel to Into The Darkness! This is one hell of a crazy ride, and I absolutely loved it. This series was not what I expected it to be, and I promise you it very well deserves the 5 stars that I have now given both books. Well done, Kira, on a great genre of books!

----------

Emerging From Darkness picks up where Into The Darkness left off. With Rian, and Phoenix kidnapped by the degenerates, Cullen, Foster, and Ike are found kneeling with their lives flashing before their eyes. When a degenerates gun jams, there is no second thought that crosses Ike's mind other than, Get to Phoenix. The relationship that has blossomed between Ike, and it is such a refreshing thing as the world around them changes from bad, to worse.

Phoenix, and Rian are kidnapped, and in a hospital. Not knowing where they are, how they are, or what their future holds for them, Rian and Phoenix do their best to stay positive. In Into the Darkness we know that Phoenix is immune to the biters. She has in fact been bitten, but has not shown any sort of symptoms throughout the story line. Obviously, Phoenix has been taken in order for her blood to be "harvested" - in a sense - so she can help find the cure against the biters.

The twists, and turns that go back and forth between the two different groups was thrilling. Emerge from Darkness leaves you guessing. I think for this genre of book, guessing HAS to be in order. If answers were just freely given up, I don't think there would be much to this series at all. Kira has done a wonderful job bringing her characters to life, and keeping their lives just out of reach of danger.

A well earned 5 Stars for Emerge From Darkness!
Profile Image for Tracy.
Author 5 books15 followers
February 18, 2016
We met Phoenix, Cullen, and Ike in Into the Darkness. There’s a virus that is turning everyone into a zombie and the prisons have been let loose and that group calls themselves Degenerates. This doesn’t make for a very friendly world. Add in the fact that Phoenix seems to have something everyone wants, and you’re in for a world of deceit and treachery. The only people she has to rely on are Cullen, Ike, and Rian.

I still really like all these characters and am afraid of what’s happening next. I will say that there were a few surprises that I didn’t expect, but no tears. YAY go me! This isn’t the end of the series. It ends on a cliffhanger. And I’m not sure when the next book in the series will come out. So if that’s a deal breaker for you, then you heard it here. I wish I could say something because as I think of what to say, it’s going to be a spoiler of some sort. I will say that I found the writing more tight in this second book than in the first. I also enjoyed it more. I think it’s the investment of the characters.

Ms. Adams writes a very interesting story about the zombie apocalypse. It’s been done, yet not. I also like her characters. They are all tough but not impervious and are vulnerable. I mentioned before that I’d avoided reading her stories because I’ve been told that they’ll turn a person into a blubbering mass of jello, and I don’t like blubbering or jello. But so far this series, I’ve been fairly safe. I’m glad that I risked the chance. So would I recommend this book? I would. If you’re not one for cliffhangers, then I think you should wait until the series is complete. If not, go out and get Into the Darkness first, then this one.
Profile Image for Chelsea.
31 reviews1 follower
April 23, 2015
WARNING: There are graphic murder descriptions.

I loved and hated Emerging from Darkness because it was fantastic, but so heartbreaking. Emerging from Darkness was definitely more intense and more emotional than Into the Darkness had been. This isn't the kind of book

The experiences that Cullen, Phoenix, and Ike continually go through changed the characters they were from the first book. They had so many struggles, and when they finally seem to get a break, something else happens that tests their strength, determination, and willingness to continue as individuals and as a family. They haven't lost who they were, but they have become different. Hardened, but also more hopeful. Emerging from Darkness explored the degenerates more than in the first book, showing the lengths that they would go to to guarantee that the world would soon belong to them, with them being in charge.

The romance between Cullen and Phoenix was much more heated than the soft, simple interest that had been expressed between the two of them in the first book. It has definitely developed from being a crush/infatuation to love. The ending was a huge cliffhanger, and I cannot wait to dive more into the lives and story of these three friends. I'm glad that their story isn't over... it can't be with an ending like that. I am very excited to see where three third book will take these beloved characters.

*Note: I received this book free from Kira Adams in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Krystal Smith.
97 reviews2 followers
April 6, 2015
***I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review***

I have been waiting for this sequel since finishing Into the Darkness. Into the Darkness began the series when a government project goes bad and the much of the general population is infected and becomes zombies. The main characters, Phoenix, Ike and Cullen, are the type of characters that suck you into their reality. They are so well written!
Emerging from Darkness continues our saga as the three live through struggles they never imagined. The story is told from all three POV's so even when they are apart their stories are complete. This book starts when Phoenix, her sister and the doctor are separated from Ike and Cullen and doing whatever they can to stay alive until they find them. As in book 1, this group never seem to catch a break and heart aches are suffered and relationships are straightened.
I thought Kira did a really great job of helping the reader bond with not only the main characters but a lot of interesting characters and friendships that are found throughout. This story had me at the edge of my seat waiting for this group to catch a break, and when they finally do and you feel like you can take a deep breath and be happy for them - disaster strikes again and we seem to go back to square 1!
So now I will wait (not so patiently) until book 3 comes out and I can see if we get a happy ending!
Profile Image for Dana Busenbark.
2,354 reviews25 followers
December 29, 2015
At the start of book 2, Phoenix and Rian are both gone, with the Degenerates. Ike, Cullen, and Foster were left behind. Foster has been murdered and Ike and Cullen turned the tables. What happened to the Doc that Cullen found back at the Safe House? I love seeing how strong Rian has become with the fighting bit. She's great! It shows how close her bond with Phoenix is, and just what she thinks of Jerrica. Watching 'how' Jerrica, Rian and the Doc get away is nothing short of awesome. Watching Cullen and Ike at work is even more awe inspiring. Now it is a game of cat and mouse almost, to get Cullen, Ike, Rian, Phoenix, and the Doc all back together again. Will they ever get back together? Where does it happen if it does? Where is it supposed to be 'safe' for those that have survived and gotten away? Do you remember? Well, the girls do! So they leave a message. What do they say? When Cullen and Ike get to the closest prison, what happens? Who do they encounter? On the other hand, when Rian and Phoenix get to a prison, who do they find? Do they see Cullen and Ike? One a cure ha been fabricated, it is taken to Washington Dc. What is encountered there? What do they find at the White House? What happens to Phoenix, Jean-Luc, Cruz, and the President?

RECEIVED THIS BOOK AS A GIFT FOR A FAIR/HONEST REVIEW and REVIEWER FOR Bloggin' With M.Brennan.
Profile Image for Justine Mcfadyen.
85 reviews6 followers
May 25, 2015

This is the second part to Into The Darkness so going into this book I knew what to expect OR I thought I did !
Zombies ? Yes
Bad Guys ? Yes
Difficulties? Yes
Hardship ? Yes
Love ? Yes
But what I didn't expect was the amount of emotion I'd be going through just by reading a few words on a page .
Kira has a way of making you the reader feel like an extra in the story, you feel happiness when they are happy, pain when they feel pain , anger when they feel angry , butterflies in your tummy when that certain someone brushes his finger across your skin when they do . Yes I did a little happy dance when a certain two characters got what was coming to them . You know the two , don't tell me you didn't at least smile when they got their comeuppance !?!
Emerging From Darkness is definitely more intense and emotional than Into The Darkness but it's none the less a fantastic read and still got me sucked in from the very first page up until the last page . That's when it hit me .( not telling , don't bother asking !)
Bloody hell Kira ! Again , seriously lol !?!?
Let me just say this , the ending will leave you wanting more and with a head full of questions that need answers . Well to get those answers we'll just have to wait I guess lol .
Again, well done Kira . Awesome work .
Profile Image for Kel Crist.
172 reviews6 followers
May 16, 2015
I was provided with a free copy of this e-book in exchange for an honest review.
Emerging from Darkness by Kira Adams: As the story continues in Book 2, Cullen and Phoenix finally find each other to just be ripped apart again by the Degenerates and the repulsive Earl and Jerrica. Not wanting to give ANYTHING away… I’ll propose a few questions. Will Phoenix and Rian get away from their captors alive? Will Cullen and Ike survive the Degenerates at gun point? Will Phoenix and Cullen ever get together? Will they find a way to help humanity with the cure?

The characters, as with the first book, are great. You start to see other sides to them. (hard yet soft, caring yet vengeful) Oh and there are a few spots that are just so damn bloody, they are so good! Kudos Kira Adams! You enthralled me with your story already, and then you go and add in that part about Jerrica… oh ya. I’m hooked, there has to be a book #3.
May 22, 2015
Kira truly outdone herself with EFD!!! There are so many raw emotions going through as I'm typing this that I don't even know where to begin...you start getting really happy and excited for a character then boom something bad happens. I think Kira really wanted her books to make you feel like this could really happen and wanted you to feel the shock and heartache of a characters death. I mourned when they mourned... I laughed when they laugh.. I cheered on certain characters to kill people... They became my family... This book sucked me in From page 1 and I couldn't put it down until I was done. Then I started screaming at my kindle... Because Kira is evil!!! But for anyone that has read Into the Darkness you have to read Emerging from Darkness! Her writing just keeps getting better! I thought the first was good but the second was great!!! Kira is a magnificent writer!!! These books are proof of that!! I will read whatever she writes!
Profile Image for Corrine Pickering.
603 reviews8 followers
February 25, 2016
 photo 12516825_10208063953377144_1111376284_o.jpg

Emerging from Darkness (Darkness Falls 2) Kira Adams 5 Zombie Killing Hashtags

Wow how I loved this book - just as much and if not more than book 1. Each chapter was really fast paced and kept me on the edge of my seat throughout.

This book picks up where book 1 left off, it's full of action, drama, killing, bloodshed and the fight for survival. I was heartbroken when certain character's didn't survive. I connected so well with the character's and was truly transported into their post-apocalyptic world.

I had no idea there's a whopping cliffhanger at the end! and now I seriously can't wait for the next book in the series.

Profile Image for Melissa.
202 reviews1 follower
March 31, 2015
This is by far my  favorite book by Kira Adams to date! It's the second book in her zombie apocalypse series and let me just tell you if you haven't read it you need to! Phoneix, Ike, and Cullen are back and taking things to a whole new and awesome level. It's like The Walking Dead; you never know what's going to happen or who's going to die next. This book will keep you on the edge of your seat through out the entire story. Will Phoneix  and her sister meet back up with the guys? What's going to happen if they don't find each other again? Will the doctor find a cure? To get the answers to these questions you have to read Emerging from Darkness. Let me just tell you the ending will leave you wanting more!
15 reviews3 followers
March 30, 2015
The second part of the Darkness falls series is here, and you have to purchase it!

Having read the first book and loving the story, but also wanting to know more and what happens next, this had to be picked up.
This story will make you want to scream, it will make you angry, it will also bring you tears, but all in the best way possible, you will get answers that you have been waiting for.

Will the gang get back together, who will survive and who won't, will the degenerates get the ass kicking they deserve, all these questions and more will get answered in this book, yet another amazing piece of work by Kira
Profile Image for Lauren Avenido.
37 reviews1 follower
March 30, 2015
After reading Emerging From Darkness, the story continues to surprise and keep me in suspense the whole time. It story begins at the end of the first book, Into the Darkness, with them fighting for their lives. Throughout the book, emotions is running high, it is between love, betrayal, lost, and sense of hope. They are in the world full of zombies, trying to find a way to cure, and survivor at the same time. I really enjoy the second book, so much that I literally finish this book within a couple hours. I could not put this book down, and I can not wait for the third one in the series. It is an amazing book, and definitely worth reading the first book Into the Darkness and then this book.
Profile Image for Ashley Graham.
37 reviews3 followers
April 1, 2015
I received an ARC for an honest review.

This book has you on the edge of you seat the entire time. There are ups and downs to this book. You get to read more in Phoenix, Cullen and Ike point of views, so you know where and what they are doing, throughout this book. You may have tears at some area (I know I did) of the book. Kira Adams amazes me, this is my third or fourth book I read from her. I will continue to read her writing.

Emerging From Darkness, is book two in this series, so go read book one before you read this. Book one is Into The Darkness. If you love reading about zombie type books, this is one of the books I recommend for you.
Profile Image for Samie Sands.
Author 61 books307 followers
May 1, 2015
As I'm sure everyone knows by now, I'm a huge fan of Kira Adams so I was very excited to read this book and Oh. My. God. It certainly doesn't disappoint! Phoenix, Cullen and the rest of the characters become even more consumed by the zombie apocalypse in this story and the way they grow and progress is really believable and actually relatable. The plot is fast-paced, dark, exciting and full of the twists and turns I've come to expect from this author. Of course, there is also a lot of steamy romance to keep you gripped too :) 5 stars easily deserved!
Profile Image for Tracy Trixy.
629 reviews5 followers
April 19, 2015
Oh.My.God!! I cannot say how much I am enjoying this series and am on tenterhooks waiting for the next one!!
A couple of the main group are lost in this instalment, but my goodness I feel like I'm right beside Phoenix and fighting too!!
We have closure from the last cliffhanger and are left with another... Kira you're killing us!!! Haha, get it??! Am hoping that the last one doesn't take to long to read, I HAVE to know how it ends!!
Profile Image for Tracy.
20 reviews1 follower
May 16, 2015
Emerging from Darkness picks up right where Into the Darkness leaves off. This book follows Phoenix, Rian, Ike and Cullen as they head towards DC. This book also includes some back story for the characters. I was really happy when the Degenerates got what was coming to them - but I have a feeling that wasn't the last we will see of them. This book did have some twists that I didn't see coming. All in all, a great book, and I can't wait for the next one!
Profile Image for Alex.
96 reviews
November 4, 2015
Good read! Love the multiple character perspective! It's hard to rate this book only because I took so long to read it due to a crazy past last 6 months and so I feel that it's hard to really rate it as a whole because my experience of reading was interrupted. As a Walking Dead fan I love the zombie genre! Just when things get normal-ish, the cliffhanger!!!! Ahhhh!
Profile Image for Amanda Poppen.
36 reviews6 followers
May 8, 2015
I experienced a whole spectrum of emotions reading this book....pain, happiness, anger, fear, everything! It was amazing! If the characters felt it, I did too! I LOVED Into the Darkness and, if possible, love Emerging from Darkness even more! It is definitely everything a sequel should be! I love this series and these characters and can't wait to see what happens with them next!
Profile Image for Cindy Mathis.
209 reviews1 follower
May 4, 2015
I received a copy of this ebook in exchange for an honest review. This is the second book in the Darkness Falls series. Phoenix, Cullen and Ike are right where the first book left off. Lots of action and heartbreak. And some pretty satisfying revenge. I hate to be pushy, but I really need the next book to come out soon!
Profile Image for Fiona Sheldon.
256 reviews32 followers
June 7, 2015
Received a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

OMG....another fantastic book by Kira Adams. It picks up straight from book 1 and hits a steady pace throughout. I felt every emotion while reading and at some intense moments, my heart was beating out of my chest wondering if they would make it. Roll on book 3. A definite must read from the talented Kira Adams
16 reviews1 follower
April 3, 2015
This book was just as good as the first.. Very suspenseful and makes you feel what the characters are going through.. I was terrified and couldn't put it down. The only complaint I have is Kira leaves you hanging.. Hurry Up and write the next book before we lose it.. Loved it
Displaying 1 - 30 of 40 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.