Start by marking “Atomic Aardvark” as Want to Read:
Atomic Aardvark

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Atomic Aardvark

Librarian Notes: this is an alternate cover edition ASIN: B00FVYWFR6 Atomic Aardvark.

The good, the bad, and the Surly.

Q. What do you get when you cross an aardvark, a skunk, and a couple of star-crossed lovers with technology and a series of cataclysmic events?

A. Atomic Aardvark-- An exciting, comedy-action-suspense-with-a-little-bit-of-romance fantasy novel. Guaranteed
Published 2015 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc. (first published October 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Atomic Aardvark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Atomic Aardvark

Start your review of Atomic Aardvark
C.K. Dawn
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored Atomic Aardvark!

It's late and I'm tired (yes, I stayed up all night reading), but before I can sleep I must praise this witty gem of a book. Smart, Surly, and surreal, Atomic Aardvark is superb! Full review coming soon...

To simply say I adored Atomic Aardvark is an understatement. I've never read anything quite like it. And I never expected to be reading in an animal's pov, let alone two of them, but it was done extremely well! The flow between all points of view was seamless
Ryan Guy
Oct 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm a little bit biased, but I really enjoyed the book and think everyone should read it. My only complaint is I knew how it would end before I even finished it.
Phillip Stephens
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fast Fooding Elizabethan Motifs

Scrolling through the screens of Ryan Guy's Atomic Aardvark I felt I encountered a positively Shakespearean scenario. Don't get me wrong, Guy's prose can't compete with the Bard's at any level (whether you want to attribute it Shakespeare, Francis Bacon or Christopher Marlow). Nor do I wish to compare Atomic Aardvark to Lear, Hamlet or even Romeo and Juliet.

Guy does, however, throw in enough role switching, mistaken identity and, if not gender switching then speci
K.S. Marsden
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
It... there's... If anyone can come up with a concise description of this book, please let me know!

It follows how one accident, and the motives of several people, leads to Aardy the worn-out aardvark and a surly skunk both gain super-strength, speed and intelligence. Surly Skunk is immediately offended by the world that he now understands, and he seeks to set it to his design. Aardy must embrace his atomic awesomeness, if he is to save the day.

Ok, first of all, this is not a kid's book. I mean,
Christina McMullen
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am a total sucker for the bizarre world of quirky, light sci-fi and fantasy, so needless to say, this one was right up my alley. Despite not really being an action story, the pace is fast and there is never a dull moment. It is very much a traditional comedy of errors with a modern and punchy spin.

As much as I was rooting for Marissa and Conley to figure things out, I have to say that the humans really took a back seat. The whole book could have been about Aardy and Surly, and I would have en
Chess Desalls
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Pulchritudinous" humor and super clever writing, with hints of Doctorow. Really enjoyed this.
Jessica Wren-Wilson
I read Atomic Aardvark after hearing from several friends that it was hilariously funny. I wasn’t disappointed. Marissa Mallory (‘Sirena’) has taken a job as a waitress at Aardvark Pasta to gain independence from her father, a junk food tycoon. The restaurant’s mascot is an aardvark named Aardy, to whom Marissa has become attached. She is also chatting with Conley (‘Ennui’) via social gaming and the two have plans to meet in person. A series of comical events prevent this meeting, the main one b ...more
Cleo deLancey
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Genre: Teen & YA. Literature & Fiction. Humorous .
Thank you, author Ryan Guy for writing a book that made me laugh by poking fun at us and many aspects of our society. This story is told from several points of view. Marissa, the daughter of the richest guy (read.. jerk) in town, that she does her best to distance herself from. Then there is the Aardvark and the Skunk, both victims of chemical exposure, Conely, the gamer and wannbe boyfriend of Marissa, Jack (the jerk) who is the original owner o
Miranda Shanklin
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is a great and funny read. It is lighthearted and had me laughing all the way through. When you have a skunk with a superiority complex and a lazy aardvark that both gain super intelligence there is nothing that can keep this book from being charming and hilarious.

It is easy to follow and it was left open for a possible sequel in the future. I really enjoyed this read.
Laree
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
this book was weird. Really really really REALLY weird. I think it would have been better if there was a better reason why the now super intelligent skunk was evil. He was just a little too hooked on late night infomercials to really be the evil scientist figure.
Rose English
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow AWESOME story very SciFi & Surreal, but loved every second a real page turner for me. Sure hope there is a follow on story :-) ...more
Fast T
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly different, in the good sense!
Rachel Noel
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes you want a book that will take you through the full gamut of emotions. Other times you want a story about animals given hyper intelligence and abilities from the residue of a chemical company, the strike of a meteor and a flash of lightning, under the light of a full moon. Holy wah does this book deliver on that! I had so much fun reading this book that I was on the edge of my seat in the last few chapters and I am really hoping for a sequel someday. Aardy the Aardvark and Surly Skunk ...more
Scott Spotson
Oct 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Very quirky and with great sci-fi and surrealistic scenes, and very funny.

My favourite part: the budding romance between Marissa and Conley, very realistic in that they court each other slowly and suffer setbacks. Finally, no unrealistic swooning or drama-esque love arguments.

My least favourite part: there was a LOT of description of the junk by the cliff that serves as a major setting in this book. I could do without the detailed counts of the disgusting junk that l
Cathy
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very weird book; I'm waiting to see if a sequel is in the works worksrjs

I had a hard time getting into this book; it seemed kind of "choppy" jumping around. Conley is just a jerk; sitting around playing video games all night; no wonder he doesn't know how to talk to girls! Both the aardvark,and the skunk had more personality. What happens next? Do the aardvark and skunk stay super-heroish or do they revert back to their old ways?
Ben Raphael
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
This is a review for the Audiobook version narrated by Gregory Bratton
This Audiobook was provided by the narrator at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review.

A meteor causes a skunk and an aardvark to become super-smart and self-aware. The skunk, being in seclusion for most of his life, searches for acceptance from humanity. The aardvark (presented as more or less "a typical teen gamer") decides to just play an MMORPG (online game, in the vein of World Of Warcraft). Thrown into this mix are tw
Les
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love when a story is completely absurd, impossible, bizarre, (and several other indescribable adjectives), but seems plausible because the characters are so compelling. Atomic Aardvark hits in my top 5 stories read in 2015.

I've read several stories by Indie Authors who attempt to be funny and fall short (mostly because they are trying too hard to be funny). I've read several that I think are attempting to imitate Douglas Adams or Terry Pratchett and they've left me cold. This Guy, Ryan, has hi
A. Rick
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want the T-shirt!

I don't know anyone who refers to their parents by their first names. It just seems weird.

Other than that, I have nothing but good to say about this book. I read it straight through in a single sitting and actually laughed out loud several times.

Poor Surely Skunk showed us how marketing can befuddle the most intelligent person, while Aardy showed us that there's a hero in even the most addicted gamer.

I can't wait to see how many other victims were created by the combination of
K.K. Allen
Jun 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I feel horrible! I read this book some time ago and meant to review it then. However, this book must be memorable because I was just thinking about it today and wanted to reread my review . . . which I never actually wrote! LOL. The characters and relationships were so funny and well written. I was thoroughly entertained and definitely recommend it.
Larry
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It is a my kind of romance
Hotrats
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
Very silly.
Matthew Lee
Oct 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ridiculous in just the right way. Who else can make you root for a dashing aardvark, or if evil tickles your fancy, a dastardly skunk. Sit back, and laugh your way through this fun story!
Delta
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: z2016
I mean, I don't know what I was expecting, but it definitely wasn't that. It only gets more surreal as you go, so be prepared for weirdness.
Skip
Feb 22, 2015
ReoDon
Apr 01, 2016
Jenny
Oct 27, 2019
kelly west
rated it did not like it
Nov 22, 2016
Anke
Apr 09, 2014
J.S. Burke
Sep 01, 2015
Lynnda Hickey
Nov 24, 2013

• For Deader or Worse (John Pickett Mysteries, #6)
  • The Silk Train Murder (Klondike Era Mystery, #1)
  • Liberty (Flash Gold, #5)
  • The Flight of the Silvers (Silvers #1)
  • The Bone Clocks
  • Kitty Confidential (Pet Whisperer P.I. #1)
  • The Vanishing of Dr Winter (Posie Parker Mystery, #4)
  • The Guns of Nana Joan (Space Team, #5)
  • Socialism Sucks: Two Economists Drink Their Way Through the Unfree World
  • Christmas in Nuala (The Inspector de Silva Mysteries #5)
  • Clockwork Alchemist (The Thief's Apprentice, #1)
  • The Books and Braun Dossier
  • Lady Helena Investigates (Scott-De Quincy Mysteries, #1)
  • Shields in Shadow (The Silent Champions #1)
  • The Magicians (The Magicians, #1)
  • Fogbound: Empire in Flames
  • Murder of a Movie Star (Posie Parker Mystery, #5)
  • Middlegame
Facebook:www.facebook.com/atomicaardvark

When I'm not trying to be funny I read, review, and give away FREE copies of other YA indie authors' books on a feature of my blog called Bobbing for Indie eBooks.

I also contribute to YA Love Magazine where all things YA are discussed.

After several years with the Royal Military Police, Ryan Guy was attached to the SIB (Special Investigative Branch), the pl

News & Interviews