Start by marking “A Beautiful Kind of Love (Choices, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Beautiful Kind of Love (Choices, #1)

A Beautiful Kind of Love

(Choices #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  2,340 ratings  ·  317 reviews
Every choice has a consequence.

I believe in soul mates. Why? Because I have one and his name is Jax Porter.

I have known Jax my whole life and I have loved him with every breath I’ve ever taken. The fact that we were born a mere month apart to mothers that are best friends has made us inseparable since birth.

What we have is so rare, one would think our story would be writte
Published April 11th 2015 by CreateSpace

really liked it 4.00  ·

Geri Reads
1.5 frustrating stars!

A Beautiful Kind of Love is one of those books that based on the blurb and the way most of my GR friends loved it, was going to be a sure winner for you. Or so I thought.

Unfortunately, it didn't quite happen that way. I didn't hate it all the way through. For one, I was unable to put it down once the story picked up. Two, I liked their friendship. They have history. And it was established early on that Jax and Lilly are soul mates, which made their subsequent decisions all
Mysza
Shelves: favorite-read
"Every choice you make in this life has a consequence, and regardless of what you choose... you need to be prepared for the effect it will have on your life."

This a story about Jax and Lily, who has known each other forever, raised practically together, they are best friends since birth. They are inseparable, but never cross that friendship line, that is until the day of Lily's prom, when they share their first kiss. Since being together was inevitable, they turn from friends to lovers, and
Jennifer Kyle
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 ANGSTY STARS

”Best friends isn’t even a title that begins to sum up the importance of our relationship. I don’t know what title would. The closet I can think of is soul mates…”

description

Have you gotten a good look at the beautiful cover for this story? Aw it’s so sweet and lovely and TOTALLY doesn’t hint that the story within contains high levels of angst, heartbreak and rage inducing moments for a reader... just my type of story!

Jax and Lil…where do I to begin? Family friends, neighbors the very
• Lisa •
May 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
TWO LOST LOVE STARS.

You already lost me. I just didn't know it.

description

I've seen so much positive 'talk' about this book from other readers that I immediately wanted to jump on the bandwagon and go head first into this latest 'friends to soul mates' soirée. The buzz around this novel was unmissable and there was plenty of excited readers with nothing but fabulous things to say about this book. So as you can imagine I was more than a little eager to jump into a fabulous buddy read with my 'book girls'.
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
description

“A Beautiful kind of love” was a fantastic, unique story, beautifully written about life, love, destiny and so much more. It’s an emotional childhood best friends to lovers story that for sure it will make you feel. We all know how complicate life can be and how every decision you make has its own consequences and this story it’s exactly about that.

Brandi
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
description

That quote right there sums up this book perfectly.

A Beautiful Kind of Love was a quick, nausea inducing read, that has me anxious to get my hands on the next book. There was angst all over the place. And while it is a predictable story, I still found myself deeply invested in these characters.

description

Lil and Jax have spent their lives together, best friends from the beginning. In high school, friendship turns into romance. They are the perfect couple and deeply in love. Jax goes away to college
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
1.5 Stars

Being the absolute angst whore that I am and after seeing many friends rave about this book and how emotional and angsty it was and seeing it all over my feed, reading it was a no brainer for me. I was practically salivating after the synopsis alone.

Now that I finished?

And not for the reasons that you'd think. In all honesty, I found absolutely nothing angsty about this book. Nothing. Even when there was an "angsty" situation, there was just not enough backstory or development given wi
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
♦ ETA: Free for the next five days....7/5/16♦

4-4.5 ★'s

Jax and Lily grew up together, born a month apart to Moms that are best friends and neighbors. They know everything about each other and enjoy being together all the time.

We start off getting to know them as twelve year olds. You can tell even then that Jax wants more and it's really apparent when time moves forward five years.

The inevitable kiss happens and then they can't quit thinking about each other and more. Naturally, they decide to
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★ 2.5 Stars ★★

I have been in a major book slump for the last week, so when I saw this book all over my newsfeed with the words angsty and beautiful flying about I though to myself, this is perfect, I love books like this. Even the cliffhanger warnings didn't put me off, I just needed a book that was going to make me feel like reading again.

For the first 40% or so, I have to admit that I was scratching my head wondering where all the love for this book was coming from. I was underwhelmed with th
Patrycja
Apr 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015

I am little conflicted about it, I liked the story, but I was annoyed with the characters.
Anna
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gahhhhhhh!!!!!!

I've read books like this before. They are never easy. The what ifs and the lets be friends and the you are the love of my life.....gaaahhhhh!!!! This was so good but so frustrating. I need the next book !! NOW

I'm off to stalk the author and I need to count how many sleeps til the next book !!!

Hold on Little Love..... He's gonna fix this !!!!!
Vishous
1.5

I. H.A.T.E. E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. A.B.O.U.T. T.H.I.S. B.O.O.K.

EVERYTHING.

Every character, every moment, every sentence, the writing style, the story.

A.L.L. O.F. I.T.

I rolled my eyes so much I got dizzy.

But honestly, I could not put it down. And yes, I will read the sequel, because I just have to see how stupid will they be again.
Brittni
May 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
2 Frustrated Stars!!!!

Wow!!! This book hit way too close to home. It reminded me of my first love and how the timing was never right when we tried to be together after breaking up. One of us always ended up hurt and it was more on my end. So I can related to Lily so much. I get it!! :(

I do feel like both characters were really immature throughout the book and the things that happened could've easily been avoided.

Ugh!!!! Time to read a happy book!! I just can't think about this one anymore...
Suzana
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I think of a boy and a girl who spent seventeen years of their lives falling in love and not just ordinary love but a beautiful kind of love. This kind is unique. It’s special. It’s a love that gives, a love that sacrifices, a love that cherishes. It is never taken for granted, and it is never to be duplicated ♥

Arghhhh I need the next book and I need it now!!!! Hurry up 25th May!!!!
Doris
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, just wow. I started reading this in the afternoon and could not put it down..OUTSTANDING. You cannot help but feel all the feelings that Lily goes through. Her heart breaking and trying to mend, thinking that her true love would actually be there when she really needed him. And Jax, what the hell, he does, he doesn't, I'm rather glad to see how in the end of this book she finds the courage to move on, to be herself..Can't wait for the next one.
Arlene Cavill Thurston
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My dear friend Jodi turned me on to this book and I must give her a monumental hug - this book rocked me to my core. I was balling and clutching my chest. With any book I read, I want it to illicit a reaction, make me feel something. Well I got what I asked for and then some. Jax and Lil are the best of friends – womb to tomb. Born a month apart, mothers are best friends, they were destined an integral part of the others life. This is an EPIC love story but is also a story about fate, and the ho ...more
Loz
4.5 stars.

This is my first book by Ellie Wade and I can easily say that it will not be my last. I absolutely loved this book. It has everything I enjoy, it's angsty and emotional but sweet and at it's heart, very real. There's some real ups and downs within this story and I really just couldn't get enough!

It's about two childhood best friends Lily and Jax. As the story evolves you "age" with our characters through college life to just after. I love stories like that.

It's told mostly from Lily'
Daisy
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 WOULD YOU RATHER STARS

I really enjoyed and suffered thru this story. BFF since birth, they were soulmates, forever love or so they thought. Well, the choices you make come with consequences and maybe fate or who you think your forever love is, really isn't. I'm beyond sad, but most very angry of the turn of events that took place and ruined a beautiful relationship. I will hold final judgement in the second installment of this series.

Ok, so I've had sometime to think and calm down, slept a fe
Paula
May 10, 2015 rated it really liked it

ARGH! My head might just explode from all the frustration and gut-wrenching emotions this book made me feel. I like books like these. I don't know why, but I do. I must be a glutton for punishment.

The story goes like this: Boy and girl grow up together as best friends. Boy and girl finally figure out they're in love and start dating in high school. Then, they go off to college where their lives are changed forever.

This story kept me on the edge of my seat with all the emotionally, heartbreaking
Marcella

Loved the book. Hated the ending. F*ck. I'm a mess right now.
Another emotional distressing book that started all chummy and perfect then slowly went to hell.
Two best friends born a month apart and stuck together like peanut butter and jelly. They're soulmates in the most beautiful kind of way. Their friendship turned into romance was so perfect. Jax and Lily just fit. But all stories have their complications.
I just really didn't see that end coming.
I'm begging for the next book now!

(view spoil
Becky
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-books
I am such a sucker for a good friends to lovers book. There is just something about being a part of two people's journey and seeing it all building towards that inevitable shift long before they do. A Beautiful Kind of Love definitely gave me that and so much more.

Lily and Jax were easy characters to love. To see their childhood friendship grow into something more was so sweet. But their shift happened at a pivotal time in their lives, the end of high school. And as much as Lily loves Jax, she
Jen
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it

SO MUCH ANGST!

I feel like I got punched in the stomach repetitively!

NEED ALCOHOL STAT!

This review is going to be purely emotional and mostly directed to Ellie. So if you don't want to know how it will probably make you feel please don't continue on reading.

A Beautiful Kind Of Love honestly this should be called A Beautiful Kind Of Heartache because let me tell you Ellie, that is pretty much how you made me feel throughout this book.

I'm devastated, completely gutted. My heart started to ache e
Anne OK
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
OMG! I begged and cried for Jax and Lily to get on the same timetable and settle the mess they've made of their lifetime relationship. But to not avail, they didn't listen and only sank deeper into the angst and madness. I only wish I could say I didn't enjoy ever minute of the time spent reading all about each flub and screw up these two made of things. I loved it!!! But what I don't love is the fact that I have to wait with miserable uncertainties for the second installment on May 25th. Things ...more
Ezinwanyi
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Ezinwanyi by: Zara
This one was pretty bad. There was no epic love just a kiddie relationship. This cliche book also falls prey to my pet peeve: a simple misunderstanding due to lack of communication between best friends/soul mates etc
I already know where this cliffy novel is headed so I'll not bother with book 2. I've read this type of book before...lots of times
Three Chicks
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Fantastic Stars!

Review by Jen Hagen

Picture this – 2 adult women-- one sitting in her chair rocking, the other lying on the floor flailing her arms throwing a temper tantrum. That’s not a picture, that’s real life and it is what happened after we had finished the book minutes within each other. Right now I wish somebody would swaddle me and tell me “shhh…everything’s going to be all right” but instead I’m sitting here with my stomach acid at its ultimate high level. If you love angst, then y
Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic
I'm so conflicted right now. I don't know how to rate this book.

UPDATED! Re-read on 6/8/15

~~2.5 HEARTS~~

After much thought here is my review on this book. I had to go back and re-read the book just to get my mind wrapped around this so I can do this review. Usually when I re-read I get moments of flashes of memories, but I didn't' get that the second time around. So what does that mean? Also keep in mind, I didn't wait a long time since the first time I read it. So I guess re-readIng it didn't
The Smutbrarians
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Panty Scorching-3
Storyline-5
Angst- 5+
Tissues-4 (if I was a crier)
Value-5
Overall Rating- 4.5

OMG… Just rip my heart out you why don’t you… that is what this story does.
It is such a wonderfully written love story between Jax and Lily with a bunch, and I mean a bunch, of ANGST!
I usually don’t like angst, but this was so well written it kept me coming back for more.
Jax and Lily have been best friends since they can remember. They have been best friends that moved up to more, even though they tried
Samantha Schwerin
Apr 25, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star
Jill
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Frustrating and Heartbreaking Stars

This. --> You already lost me. I just didn't know it <-- :'(

After seeing this book continuously pop up in my newsfeed, and me being the angst whore that I am, I had to jump on it asap. Boy, am I so glad I did. This story had so many FEELS.

There were times my eyes were full of tears, times I suffered from heart palpatations, and times I couldn't swallow because I had a lump the size of a grapefruit lodged in my throat. Hell, I was sneaking in a sentence
Trish
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Jax and Little Soulmate Stars!

I am a huge sucker for childhood romances.... and I DEVOURED this story in 4 and 1/2 hours staying up till 1:30am!! It's been so long since I've been consumed by a story that is written so beautifully.

This story makes you go thru so many different emotions.....it gave me butterflies, made me smile and swoon, I got angry, I cried...and on top of all of that the angst level was perfect.

I loved how we get to meet Jax and Lilly from a very young age and seeing their f
The Book Hangover...: Season one Episode Eleven 1 2 Feb 22, 2017 08:53PM

• Ripping Pages
  • Access Unlimited (Access, #3)
  • Beautiful Liar (The Masquerade Series, #2)
  • Safety In Numbers (Sizzling Miami #4)
  • Lex (Unconventional Hearts #1)
  • Encore (The Replacement Guitarist #4)
  • Resurrecting Phoenix
  • Crossroads (Finding My Way, #2)
  • Second Chance Hero
  • Breach Of Contract (Bound #2)
  • Finding Us (True Love, #2)
  • Until We Break
  • Return to Newport (Return to Me, #2)
  • Mask (West End #2)
  • Bound for Salvation (The Bound Trilogy #2)
  • Saving Liam (Saving Liam, #1)
  • Bash: Volume I (Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club, #3)
  • How to Deal (All Cocks #3)
Ellie Wade resides in southwest Michigan with her husband, three young children, and two dogs. She has a Master’s degree in education from Eastern Michigan University and is a huge University of Michigan sports fan. She loves the beauty of her home state, especially the lakes and the gorgeous autumn weather. When she is not writing, you will find her reading, snuggled up with her kids, or spending ...more

Choices (2 books)
  • A Forever Kind of Love (Choices, #2)
“There is one person who fits so perfectly in my life, someone I love unconditionally—someone who makes me laugh until I cry, and someone who I’m so attracted to that my blood will race through my veins at his every touch.” 4 likes
“I change my mind on things a lot, but Jax is the one thing I’m sure of. He’s my best friend, and I’m not letting him go.” 1 likes