Start by marking “Desire Unexpected (Assassins and Sweethearts, #1)” as Want to Read:
Desire Unexpected (Assassins and Sweethearts, #1)

Desire Unexpected

(Assassins and Sweethearts #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  23 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Life is passing Nadia Duskin by from her position in the mailroom. It only fulfills two necessities, keeping the repo man away and keeping her up to date on her sexy CEO.

Ethan Wright is prepared to frighten and fire the nosey girl who sorts his company’s mail. After engaging with her at one of his favorite places in the world, he digs deeper.

Together, they find the kind
Published April 9th 2015 by Evernight Publishing (first published April 8th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Desire Unexpected, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desire Unexpected

Fani
Dec 16, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica, safe
“I want to know what it’s like to submit to you.”

“Desire Unexpected” is a short novella, perfect for those looking for a quick entertaining read. I liked the way the main characters met in the beginning of the book as Nadia gets caught asking around about her boss’s private life and he decides to pursue her in order to find out why, also reading about them having secret lunch meetings in the art institute was a nice touch to the story.

But I wasn’t very convince about Nadia’s and Ethan’s roma
Cocktails and Books
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books

This book was an absolute pleasure to read. The blurb rather intrigued me, so I decided to give it a go, and I was not sorry.

Nadia is a clerk in the mailroom at the company run by Ethan Wright, and she's fantasized about him pretty much since the day she was hired. Ethan is a very private person, however, and when he finds out that she's asked a few personal questions about him, he's ready to fire her. Once he meets her, though, he changes
Beckey
Wow... What can I say...I devoured this smexy book in one sitting... It was another great story by SJ, looking forward to the next book...

Overall a captivating, enjoyable story of secrets that may or may not be revealed (sorry not a spoiler ... you have read it to see...) and sexiness that was oh goodness...

I can honestly say this was a 5 star read for me...
Caitlyn Lynch
Feb 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Needs a lot more background filling in

I kind of struggled to get into this book. I found Nadia, the female lead, rather spineless and definitely clueless; seriously, who takes a job as a mailroom clerk and doesn't even know what the company she works for does?

Ethan, her hero, if even more of an enigma. We never find out anything about his past other than that his father was a museum curator and he lost his sister in tragic circumstances. That's literally it. No mention of how he got his skills,
Cara Bristol
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow! SIX stars! I loved this book, and it is SJ Maylee’s best one so far. Nadia is a mail room clerk who works for a company but isn’t allowed to know what they do. What she does know is that she’s helplessly attracted to her boss, Ethan. When her questions into his private life attract too much attention, he plans to scare her, and then fire her—but his desire for her won’t allow it. There is an undercurrent of moodiness, secrecy, and sexiness that runs through this novella that pulls the reade ...more
Kameron
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
(request submitted by author for an honest critique)

When I picture Ethan, James Bond comes to mind. He is mysterious, handsome, and has an aura that demands attention.

What a man!!

He also has a sweet side which can't be resisted. Plus, the man likes Mexican food (my favorite cuisine) so I can see why Nadia fell for him. He is rather delicious, like the food he eats. :)

Nadia, she is also sweet in a naive sort of way.

She also wants to please him which makes her the perfect sub.

All in all, nice
Stephanie
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing book from the beginning to end! I wasn't able to put down the book until i was finished it and I fell in love with these two characters from the first page. Love how the story flowed and the sex was amazing.

Chloe (Romancing the Books)
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great read!

Desire Unexpected is unexpectedly hot and sexy, as is Ethan, the hero of this story. I'm glad this story doesn't just revolve around Ethan and Nadia's romance; there's something else that Ethan is working on with his brothers, heightening his mysterious persona and giving depth to the story.

I like both main characters, especially Nadia's strong, independent personality outside the bedroom and her submissive side in the bedroom.

If there's one quibble I have about this book, it's that t
Liz ~ Liz's Reading Life
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When I first was introduced to S.J. I never expected to fall is love with the way she tells a story, but the more I read by her the more I love her. So when she first told me about this series, I was excited. It was along the same lines that she write but with an added element; after reading a bit of this story when she was writing it, I was hooked.

This story has a very sexy hero in Ethan Wright. He's the required tall, dark and handsome, but he's also mysterious, intelligent, killer eyes and ha
KnottyGirl Reviews
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't know about any of you, but I have a tendency to do two things when reading a good book. one) I tend to put myself in the female lead's place, after all, that is what escapism is all about. Two) I also tend to play books out as a movie in my head, complete with dream cast. For me, Ethan Wright was Channing Tatum. So, to say that this book got me seriously hot under the collar would be an understatement of epic proportions.

I'll give you a brief synopsis. Nadia Duskin works in the mailroom
Tina
May 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Desire Unexpected by author S.J. Maylee is the first in the Assassins and Sweethearts series. Nadia works in the mail room. She has always been interested in her boss. She goes to the art museum every day on her lunch hour. She doesn’t expect the man of her dreams to be there waiting for her one day. Ethan is the Ceo of the company that Nadia works for. He really is trying to find out why she keeps asking about him. But when they meet they have a chemistry they both cannot deny. Nadia is the su ...more
Charity
I really enjoyed Nadia and Ethan together, their growth together makes for a good story. I really have nothing bad to say about them...its Ethan and his work that has me baffled. I kept thinking throughout the whole book that this must be part of a series because things are going on without being explained. I was thinking it was a series and Ethan and Nadia's story is somewhere in the middle of an already established story-line, but that is not the case. This is book 1. I felt very lost as to wh ...more
Angie
Apr 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nadia starts asking questions about Ethan and he becomes curious and starts asking questions himself and follows her. These two start meeting for lunch and I love that they go to the Art Institute. Nadia gets jealous after spending a night with Ethan and her whole world changes. Ethan can't stay away from Nadia. Ethan's friends are really interesting and this book has some suspense. I really enjoyed Nadia and Ethan and am curious about Ethan's friends and the blonde gal.
Nina
Apr 14, 2016 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 32%

I have no idea what is going to be honest and the story is moving slow. Being bored while reading is a red flag for me; hence, I'm going to put this down for now. I can't continue reading further even though this is only ~100 pages.
Charmaine
May 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
meh.
Amy Miller
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
A good story with an interesting plot and likeable characters!
Shayna
Lisa
Stephanie Grant
Amber
Apr 24, 2015
S.J. Maylee fell in love with storytelling at a young age and with it came a deep-seated desire for everyone to find their happily ever after. She’s finding the happy endings for her characters one steamy story at a time.

When she’s not reading or writing, you can find her caring for her garden, laughing with her two young sons, or dancing to her husband’s music. She’s a PMP (Project Management Pro

Assassins and Sweethearts (3 books)
  • Desire Protected (Assassins and Sweethearts, #2)
  • Unexpected Destiny (Assassins and Sweethearts, #3)