Start by marking “All That Sparkles (The Texan Quartet #2)” as Want to Read:
All That Sparkles (The Texan Quartet #2)

All That Sparkles

(The Texan Quartet #2)

Imogen Fontaine is living every girl’s dream.

She is a fashion designer for her family’s haute couture label, lives in a mansion, has a great circle of friends and is the apple of her father’s eye. Everything is perfect.

Until the day that Christian, the boy at the center of her childhood heartbreak, walks back into her life.

From there her life starts to unravel, as long-kep
Paperback
Published April 23rd 2015 by Momentum

To ask other readers questions about All That Sparkles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All That Sparkles

1-Click Addict Support Group
Apr 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you're in the market for a romance that can only be described as charming, then All That Sparkles is the book for you.

Imogen Fontaine measures all men by the boy that stole her heart one summer when she was a teenager. Heartbroken when Christian Barker left her, without a word and without a trace, she never hoped to find him again.

When she encounters him unexpectedly, and he doesn't remember her or the weeks that meant so much, Imogen vows to move on. But how can she move on when Chris' ret
Juanita Kees
May 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
All That Sparkles is a sweet and charming romance between Imogen and Christian, childhood friends separated by misunderstandings and class distinction.

Imogen is the pampered daughter of a haute couture designer while Christian is the son of their gardener. Their friendship crosses boundaries between 'rich' and 'poor' and when they're found out, Imogen's father quickly puts an end to any further associations. Now all grown up and branching away from the family business, Imogen meets Christian ag
Kirstie Chan
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
Okay, so honestly, I thought this book would be more 'adult' but it really wasn't. The story of this book had definite potential, but I found the actual climatic build up and main points lacking. Anytime something important or deep seemed to be coming up, the feeling of anxiousness (the good kind while reading) was like a false build up and everything would be cleared right away, sometimes too fast.

I wanted to hear more about the back story behind the two main characters, Imogen and Christian an
Heather andrews
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Imi that girl knows how to take what she wants, "then she grinned. “I think so,” she said slowly. “But I need another sample to be sure.” Chris’s heart leaped as she touched his cheek and then kissed him." I like that she can surprise her man, "when it came time to order, she chose steak with chips and salad and a bottle of wine for them to share. Another part of him relaxed. He liked a woman with an appetite." I also liked when Chris knew he did wrong and chose to put his woman first, "Chris de ...more
Mel
Mar 08, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked the way in which the relationship between Christian and Imogen was established before the story started, that's a neat trick. I liked this shared history. I liked the supporting characters as well, especially Kate. Imogen's father Remy and his flunkie Jacques were devilishly villainous. I liked Chris's dad and how he was positive about his circumstance. Lots to like in here.
Carole
May 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This is such a heart warming story with very likeable characters.
I can hardly wait for the next book to come out !
Anne G Totcky
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little bit off...

The story was special, but the writing was a little bit off. There were letters and words missing. There were some sentences that just didn't make sense. Otherwise it was a lovely book and I would recommend it.
Claire
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great read

I am loving this series, I am off to buy book 3 right now. I enjoy all the characters and love the HEA's.
Michelle
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
book #19 for #aww2015

All That Sparkles is the second of The Texan Quartet books published through Momentum, it follows on from What Goes On Tour and is set in Houston.

I loved the characters from What Goes On Tour and was hoping to see them again in All That Sparkles and I was not disappointed. At the same time, if you haven’t read What Goes On Tour it won’t affect your enjoyment of this one because we focus on completely different characters.

One thing I will say before I get started on our main
Rebecca
Apr 27, 2015 rated it liked it
This isn't a genre I would ordinarily read however I got an Advance Reader Copy from Net Galley and thought I would give it a go.

All That Sparkles is a quick and easy read. Rich, sheltered female protagonist reconnects with an old flame, discovers information about her heritage and begins to assert her need for independence,  all of which are met with the disapproval of her overbearing father.

The themes aren't particularly thought provoking - but that's okay. I view this kind of book as "Junk
Klaire
Apr 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked this, I liked it quite a lot actually. It had a different feel to it that I can’t quite put my finger to, a wholesome story I think, a cutesy romance that leaves a reader feeling satisfied. I like a dark, angsty read for the most part but at times I’m more than happy to sit down and read something like this, it helps put the feet back on the ground. You get swept up in the romance of it all and can lose yourself for a few hours. It’s perfect for that. There is another book before this wh ...more
Lisa
May 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a romance story about finding a balance with a past and independence for the future.

Imogen and Christian come from two completely different backgrounds. One come from money and one works for the people who have money.

Imogen grew up with just her father. He made sure that she never wanted for anything but the one thing that she wanted he would not allow her to have and that was friends. She was only allowed friend that her father approved of and when he found out that her and Christian w
Shayay
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this, although it wasn't initially what I was expecting. The cover made me think it would be a sexually charged romance, but it wasn't. In fact, the sex scenes were mainly omitted, there was romance leading up to the act, but no in depth descriptions of the actual act. I liked that this book wasn't all about the sex; I enjoy sweet romances, and this book delivered. This book was pretty tame, and it had a bit of a slow build up to the relationship between the main character. I l ...more
Jo
Apr 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Can I just say “Oh,Yeah”!

The first book was yummy; the second was better plus the bonus of catching up with Adrian and Libby from book one “What goes on tour”.

Imogen has led a sheltered privileged life; having lost her mother when she was just a baby her overprotective father has controlled her career and social life including her friends. She has a desire to be more, design her own clothing collection for her father’s fashion house and to succeed in her own right but is struggling for more inde
Kame
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars

I finished at 1214am - I couldn't put it down!

Love this series!

Imagine walking into a friends house and seeing the boy who has been on your mind since he and his father "disappeared" over ten years ago.

Imogen lives a life of luxury, but she often thinks of Christian and how she was happy for two weeks when she was a teenager. Claire Boston conveys Imogen's sadness very well. I don't know how she has lasted all these years with her controlling father - who for me was the only reason this
Janice
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Review of All That Sparkles by Claire Boston

Long held secrets revealed - 5 stars

It is time for Adrian and Libby to get married and Imogen is making the wedding dress. Although she works for her father in his high end couture design shop, she longs to be more creative and make things that her friends could afford to buy.

At one of the weekly dinners with the bride and groom (who are newer friends) she meets Chris again. She is floored and happy to see him, but he doesn't seem to remember her at
MJ
3.5

I loved the first book, and this one was still really good, but not quite as good. It might be because this is a HFN rather than a HEA...? The h was a doormat for most of it too, but it was part of her character and showing how she was learning how to stand up for herself, so IMO, CB managed to pull it off (even if I was growling at the h sometimes ;)

TBH, I wasn't sure how it was going to go being bk2 of a series with leads that we'd never met before, but the way CB wrote the new characters i
Brigitte
Apr 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Imogen works alongside her father Remy, who is a top and well known clothes designer. Money is no object and she doesn't lack for anything. She is the role model of a daughter, doing everything to make her father proud.

Christian was Imogen's good friend and sweetheart, ten years ago when they were teenagers, then he just disappeared. He is now a lawyer working his way up the ladder and when they meet again, Imogen is puzzled by his behaviour.

Family, loss, control, insecurities, loyalty and love
Jenny
*ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review*

Cute story of two people torn apart due to miscommunication. Glad it wasn't too drawn out.

Christian and Imogen get a second chance at romance - only this time they are adults vs. two unexperienced teenagers.

There was a lot of power struggle, secrets and lies that surround Imogen. Thankfully, she grows a backbone and starts to piece together the missing parts of her life, including Christian.

While this was a cute read, I felt like there was someth
Izzy
Apr 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: z-2015, arcs
This book was 100000x over full of sickly sweetness. Or charm I guess?

I was left feeling like it was overdone and just not what I expected. The cover definitely left me expecting more naughty than sweet.

The characters aren't terrible though! I had a few moments of "Just communicate!" I was left pretty interested in the backstory to everyone else in the book series. The fact I hadn't read previous ones didn't leave me lost though.

I felt like the entire thing was just a bit too perfect
Chelle
Apr 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This is a sweet cute romance.

The author's research shines through in the description of the fashion industry, which is quite interesting.

The story is good but the characters weren't as developed as I would have liked. It kept feeling like something was about to happen but each time it was resolved without the story moving on.

Imogen and Christian are a sweet couple and I liked how into her he was but there was no passion between them and no real development of their relationship.

I received a co
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great Book!
This is a great book; this is the second book in The Texan Quartet series by Claire Boston. Imogen is a fashion designer for her family’s haute couture label. Christian is her childhood friend and the one who broke her heart when he left. Now Christian is back in her life and some long kept secrets are revealed. This is a great love story that kept me reading past my bedtime. I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series.
A Review copy was provided to me in exchange for
Julie Fain
*ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review*

This book drew me in right away! Initially I thought the general plot was just about Imogen and the boy from her past trying to sort things out between them. But once I was about 3/4 through the book, I realized it was actually about Imogen finding her independence from her sheltered upbringing and becoming her own person. It was a truly good read, and the ending was even better than I had anticipated. Looking forward to reading more of Claire Bost
Emma bramley
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
this is a beautifully written novel containing family, insecurities, loss, love and loyalty. this book is definitely a page turner with all the secrets and mystery that is unravelled throughout the book. this book sucks you in and keeps you hooked for hours. all the characters work well together, with lots of climatic parts this book will keep you reading long into the night. highly recommended
Angie
Apr 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, romance
This is a sweet, straight-forward romance that is rooted from when Imogen met Christian as a teenager. Imogen's family has money, and apparently her father paid off his father, who was a gardener on her father's estate, to leave and never contact her again. Imogen never knew this, so when she meets Christian by chance years later, she is ecstatic. He harbors animosity for what her family did, and thinks she knew all about it and was just another rich girl. Can they overcome their obstacles?
Thi
May 04, 2015
Isabel Gilders
Sep 07, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Bridge of Hope (Bridge Over the Atlantic, #2)
  • Legasea
  • The Darkness Within
  • Concealed (Concealed, #1)
  • Bad Company (Company of Sinners MC #1)
  • Girls & Monsters
  • Counting Shadows (Duplicity, #1)
  • Divinity
  • Underneath
  • Stars In Her Eyes (Sparkstone Saga #1)
  • A League of Her Own
  • Broken Beauty (Broken Beauty Novellas, #1)
  • Souls of the Stones Omnibus (Souls of the Stones, #1-3)
  • Karma Deception and a Pair of Red Ferraris
  • Playing Tyler
  • Paradise City (Paradise, #1)
  • Streaks of Blue
  • Skipped
Claire Boston is a contemporary romance author who enjoys exploring real life issues on her way to the happily-ever-after. She writes heart-warming stories, with resilient heroines and heroes you’ll love. In 2014 she was nominated for an Australian Romance Readers Award for Favourite New Romance Author.

When Claire’s not writing she can be found creating her own handmade journals, swinging on a sid

The Texan Quartet (4 books)
  • What Goes on Tour (The Texan Quartet #1)
  • Under the Covers (The Texan Quartet, #3)
  • Into the Fire (The Texan Quartet, #4)