Start by marking “Startup Seed Funding for the Rest of Us: How to Raise $1 Million for Your Startup - Even Outside of Silicon Valley” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  86 ratings  ·  8 reviews
You have aspirations for creating a startup company that will change the world, but need startup capital in order to make that happen. Where do you start? How can you raise serious funding when you don't have many connections or live outside of a major startup community like Silicon Valley?

In this book, Mike Belsito not only proves that you can find the funding you need
Published March 5th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Startup Seed Funding for the Rest of Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Startup Seed Funding for the Rest of Us

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Startup Seed Funding for the Rest of Us: How to Raise $1 Million for Your Startup - Even Outside of Silicon Valley
Erdogan Cesmeli
Jun 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
An easy and insightful read

I have been in entrepreneurial world close to a decade both internationally and in the US. The literature and the experiences have been always Silicon Valley biased. Thus, reading this book and hearing the author’s story were worthwhile to confirm my points of view. Highly recommend to first time entrepreneurs.
Abdolnabi Zameni
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was an amazing jurney through the eFuneral adventure, I experienced the initial steps and I wanted to continue my adventure considering what |i learned from this book.
Josh Maher
Mar 14, 2015 rated it really liked it

I recently came across Mike Belsito, because we're authors in a similar space. Note I spoke with three other authors in this space who are coming out with books this year (like I am) and many gave me the cold shoulder... I won't name names - but you won't see their books on my recommended list like Mike's is. I read Mike''s book Startup Seed Funding for the Rest of Us: How to Raise Million for Your Startup - Even Outside of Silicon Valley in a single sitting and was nodding my head and saying "e
Terence
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business-read
Excellent book that really should be required reading for all those thinking of starting a business.

Mike Belsito is authentic and shares his hard won knowledge of the startup process. I've been looking for a book on seed funding for months, and have read multiple that didn't fit the bill, until I found this one.

This book answers important questions like, should you take investments from friends and family? how much should you raise? how to find investors? what are the best investors for you?

I
Jon
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Simple, clear, concise. A solid narrative on startup outside The Valley, with practical hands-on advice on navigating the seed funding game. Recommended for the business founder just getting their startup off the ground.
Fernando Mata
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great book! As the author says "reading this book won't necessarily make the process of raising $1 million for your startup ventura a walk in the park" but it's good to understand some things about founding outside the big startup hubs.
Walberto Zapata
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Startup Seed Funding

This book is excellent and the best book I've read on Startup Seed Funding. It provides you with very helpful insights in getting that first seed money for your startup business.
Naveen
Mar 19, 2016 rated it did not like it
Nothing new in the book. The book is not worth your time.
Ed Buchholz
Mar 22, 2018
pete
Dec 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

• Founder’s Pocket Guide: Startup Valuation (Founder's Pocket Guide Book 1)
  • The Architecture of Innovation: The Economics of Creative Organizations. by Josh Lerner
  • The Eyre Affair (Thursday Next, #1)
  • Energy Myths and Realities: Bringing Science to the Energy Policy Debate
  • Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother
  • Every Street is Paved with Gold: The Road to Real Success
  • Linux Pocket Guide
  • Founders at Work: Stories of Startups' Early Days
  • Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life
  • Three Minutes to Doomsday: An Agent, a Traitor, and the Worst Espionage Breach in U.S. History
  • The Inmates Are Running the Asylum: Why High Tech Products Drive Us Crazy and How to Restore the Sanity
  • Volume Control: Hearing in a Deafening World
  • The Innovation Stack: Building an Unbeatable Business One Crazy Idea at a Time
  • A-List Angels: How a Band of Actors, Artists, and Athletes Hacked Silicon Valley
  • Jack: Straight from the Gut
  • Accounting: For Small Businesses QuickStart Guide - Understanding Accounting For Your Sole Proprietorship, Startup, & LLC (Starting a Business QuickStart Guides Book 3)
  • The Little Book That Still Beats the Market

News & Interviews

“When we’re considering investing in a startup, we first want to know that the entrepreneur has a clear understanding of the market. Who are the major players? What about this market is ripe for disruption? What is this startup’s unfair advantage to disrupt this market? In the first conversation we have with a company, these are questions that we’re looking for clear answers to.” 0 likes
“Traction is what separates a viable business from a really good idea. It’s what shows that your business can grow and sustain itself. It’s a way to show that a dollar invested into your business will always result in three dollars of revenue. It’s the proof that your business model isn’t based on assumptions, but on actual hard data.” 0 likes