Start by marking “Tokyo Ghoul, Vol. 4 (Tokyo Ghoul, #4)” as Want to Read:
Tokyo Ghoul, Vol. 4 (Tokyo Ghoul, #4)

Tokyo Ghoul, Vol. 4

(Tokyo Ghoul #4)

Ghouls live among us, the same as normal people in every way—except their craving for human flesh. Ken Kaneki is an ordinary college student until a violent encounter turns him into the first half-human half-ghoul hybrid. Trapped between two worlds, he must survive Ghoul turf wars, learn more about Ghoul society and master his new powers.

Kaneki meets Shu Tsukiyama, known a
Published December 15th 2015 by VIZ Media LLC (first published September 19th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Tokyo Ghoul, Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tokyo Ghoul, Vol. 4

Mario
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, graphic-novels
Another great volume. This series is only getting better and better. Can't wait to get to the point where anime ended, so that's why I'm trying to read these as fast as I can. On to the next one!
Maria (Big City Bookworm)

Better than the previous volume, but still nothing too amazing in my opinion. I did however really enjoy the duelling scene towards the end and the cliffhanger was pretty good! I am going to make my way through this entire series as I'd really like to watch the anime, but hope to read the series in its entirety before I do so!
Emma
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
read this last week and forgot to mark it 🙈 I'm the worst at goodreads
Romie
This one was definitely the creepiest so far!

3.5
Julia Sapphire
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, favorites, manga
Clara (Clarylovesbooks)
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
We are introduced to a new character and things are getting more and more interesting! Honestly, I wish I could buy all volumes at once and binge-read them!
Mary ♥
5/5

I didn't realize how hot Yomo is before xD
Josephine
Aug 01, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

The only reason I didn't rate this much higher is because, even though it's as important an instalment as all the others, not much happened. I don't mind, but since I'm a reader that prefers loads of action, this felt a little less exciting. Nevertheless, this is still an amazing series and I can't wait to keep going.
Nasser Salah
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
what's with this shuu co-named character. he's Hannibal not just for the humans but even the ghouls. he would slay what ever he target with his eyes. man. and keneki findn of the reason behind Rez death and who may behind it.. this series getting more interesting and intensive then ever.
can't wait to read the next volume.
Giulia
I'm not sure if Tsukiyama is more charming or creepy. Probably both. And yes, I had forgotten how disturbing the whole "ghoul restaurant" scene actually was. *shivers* Also, I had promised myself I wouldn't read all the four volumes all at once and, guess what... I didn't keep my promise. I am not to be trusted when books and patience are involved. I neeed volume 5 right now.
Aya Hamza
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great volume! And new important characters are appearing here.
This series is only getting better and better. *excited*

My review for the whole manga is here.
Magdalen
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I am running out of words to describe this manga..
I still haven't reached the part where the anime ended but I will sooner or later!
Oh the best thing about this volume was that we were introduced to new characters..And we got a better glimpse of others.
Gimme more!
Vee
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
OMG OMG OMG das war wieder sooo mega OMG das Ende!!! OMG! xD ich bin hin und weg xDD
Laura Evlolle
Das Ende war ja mal richtig krass. :D
James DeSantis
Tokyo Ghoul volume 4 is all about world building. Giving time for other characters to be introduced and learning about the life of other ghouls.

This volume introduces Shuu Tsukiyama, who just so happens to love eating other Ghouls. He also host a dinner in which ghouls simply tear apart other humans/ghouls and eat them. Pretty screwed up, huh? The rest of the volume also focuses on Kaneki learning to become a fighter. It's pretty interesting to see a training session and that he just doesn't be
Kät
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Man oh man...THIS ENDING!! Such a beautifully fucked up plot twist I CANNOT WAIT TO PICK UP THE NEXT VOLUME
Nərmin
Am I the only one who likes Tsukiyama? Well, he is hilariously crazy!
I liked the humor in this one. I really enjoy interactions between Kaneki and Touka.)
Kaneki learning martial arts? There is nothing more interesting than a sweet guy trying to learn how to fight. And becoming badass as he goes.)
Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn)
Friendly advice: Do NOT go near Volume 4 when you are eating or planning to do so.

* 24th November 2014
Jessy
actual rating: 3.5 stars

tsukiyama is just the weirdest and creepiest. bless.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr
Phee
Aug 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
Not as good as the first couple of instalments. It was nice to see a Kaneki training up (something missing from the anime) and learn a little more about Shu Tsukiyama.
I’m really enjoying reading this, despite watching the anime first and knowing the general plot already.
Radwa
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, e-books
Shu Tsukiyama!
I hate that guy.
He's one of the new characters we're introduced to, and he's a whole new level of insane and cazy. He's called a gourmet ghoul for a reason.

The manga is getting bloodier, and everyone seems to talk about Rize's death. and it seems like that events that happened in the first chapters aren't what it seems. It's getting more interesting!
MadameMelli
Wow O.O Das war ja mal eine vollkommen unerwartete Steigerung. Der neue Charakter ist einfach nur krank, macht es aber unglaublich spannend! Und Ken wird langsam klar, wie er sein will und strengt sich an, um dahin zu kommen.
☠tsukino☠
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Rilettura in attesa di leggere il sesto di TOKYO GHOUL: re

EDIT rilettura in una calda giornata di agosto.
Shannon
So ... I'm not actually enjoying this series all that much, but ...

I'm still oddly fascinated, and can't stop reading it.
Courtney
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I really liked this one the most so far, it had new characters and was a lot more interesting!!
Yukino
Jan 17, 2017
Niyura
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Me ha impactado! Cada vez se pone más interesante….
Anna
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bello bello bello!Mi è piaciuto tantissimo questo volume!Ho davvero temuto per la vita del mio Kaneki!

Questo manga mi sta prendendo davvero molto, non mo aspettavo mi piacesse cosi tanto!L'anime ovviamente lo guarderò solo una volta terminata la lettura di tutti i volumi, ma già ho ascoltato un miliardo di volte la canzone della opening, Unravel!è STUPENDA!WOW.
  • 終わりのセラフ 8 [Owari no Serafu 8] (Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign, #8)
  • 進撃の巨人 18 [Shingeki no Kyojin 18] (Attack on Titan, #18)
  • ノラガミ 6 (Noragami: Stray God, #6)
  • Devils' Line, Vol. 2 (Devils' Line, #2)
  • プラチナエンド 1 [Platina End 1] (Platinum End, #1)
  • 黒執事 XIII [Kuroshitsuji XIII]
  • 07-Ghost 14
  • Alice in Murderland, Vol. 2
  • QQ Sweeper 2 (QQ Sweeper, #2)
Also known as 石田スイ.

Sui Ishida (石田スイ, Ishida Sui), born December 28, Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan, is a Japanese manga artist
In 2010 he won the Young Jump 113th Grand Prix award with Tokyo Ghoul (東京喰種, Tōkyō Kushu). In March 2011, the same oneshot was published in the 2nd Issue of Miracle Jump. And later in September 2011, Tokyo Ghoul started as a series in Weekly Young Jump 2011-41 Issue. In December

Tokyo Ghoul (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Tokyo Ghoul, tome 1 (Tokyo Ghoul, #1)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 2 [Tokyo Guru 2] (Tokyo Ghoul, #2)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 3 [Tokyo Guru 3] (Tokyo Ghoul, #3)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 5 [Tokyo Guru 5] (Tokyo Ghoul, #5)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 6 [Tokyo Guru 6] (Tokyo Ghoul, #6)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 7 [Tokyo Guru 7] (Tokyo Ghoul, #7)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 8 [Tokyo Guru 8] (Tokyo Ghoul, #8)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 9 [Tokyo Guru 9] (Tokyo Ghoul, #9)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 10 [Tokyo Guru 10] (Tokyo Ghoul, #10)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 11 [Tokyo Guru 11] (Tokyo Ghoul, #11)
“Even if it's a life in shackles, if you have somebody who accepts you for what you really are, how reassuring would that be?” 10 likes
“If I'd been born a ghoul, I think I would've killed people. I just happened to be born a human. That's the only reason why I'm allowed to live a moral life.” 9 likes