Start by marking “November 9” as Want to Read:
November 9

November 9

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  340,125 ratings  ·  38,178 reviews
Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day before her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon’s last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to me ...more
Published November 10th 2015 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about November 9, please sign up.
Carolina I just found out myself that there is a 'crave illustrated edition' and on there, is a page which shows an iphone note with a list of books that Fallo…moreI just found out myself that there is a 'crave illustrated edition' and on there, is a page which shows an iphone note with a list of books that Fallon suggested for Ben. (his homework lol) I will post it here as it is shown on the book:

1) Slammed, by Collen Hoover (since you like poetry ;-))
2) Beautiful Disaster, by Jamie McGuire
3) Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen (a classic!)
4) Breathe, by Abbi Glines
5) Wuthering Heights, by Emily Brontë

~

Hope this helped :D(less)
Linda What a book this is! Colleen Hoover is amazing. Do read book if you haven't already. Linda/Vancouver/BC/Canada…moreWhat a book this is! Colleen Hoover is amazing. Do read book if you haven't already. Linda/Vancouver/BC/Canada(less)

·  340,125 ratings  ·  38,178 reviews

Start your review of November 9
Whitney Atkinson
Aestas Book Blog
Shelves: favorites
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED. SPOILER-FREE :::

“If she’s not careful, I might just fall in love with her. Tonight.”

WOW. WOW. WOW!!!! November 9 blew me away!!! I read it in one sitting with my heart racing the whole time!! The story was SO unique and unexpected that it took me completely by surprise over and over again!! I swooned, I fell in love, my heart was broken, and then healed again. And THE TWIST!!!!! Holy hell, that twist!!! Total shocker but I LOVED it. This book was perfect
Emily May
Nov 10, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: new-adult, romance, 2015
“Why would a girl care to find herself when she’ll never be able to make herself feel as good as a guy can?”

I've said this before, but I'll say it again: I like Hoover's writing, I like her concepts for novels that differ from the standard format of NA romance books, I really enjoyed Never Never and I also liked Confess. This book, however, reminded me of all the reasons her stories and characters have annoyed me in the past.

The relationship between writers and the truth is something I find
Angela
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-favorites
"You'll never be able to find yourself if you're lost in someone else."

COLLEEN HOOVER YOU COLD HEARTED SHE DEMON!!! HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO PEOPLE!?! I must seriously love abuse because I keep coming back for more of it when it comes to your books!  This could be the last book I read all year and I would be perfectly content with it. November 9 is stunning.

All us book nerds have one serious thing in common when it comes to reading... We love book quotes! We love to say them, we love to shar
Christy
Feb 20, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!

photo E540B2CA-D06A-4B8D-8B09-10480B61D499_zpslarpuahs.jpg

There is nothing quite like a Colleen Hoover book. She is one of those authors that leaves a stamp on her work. Her plots seem to have this special twist, her story lines are always unique and her characters are witty, wonderful and flawed. When I read November 9 I expected greatness. This is a CoHo book. But I've got to say I was disappointed...

November 9 is a day on the calendar. One day out of 365. It’s a day that I’ve never really thought about, but from now on, I don’t think
Claudia Ramírez
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: expected-more, 2015
Huge disappointment :(. I love everything CoHo writes, but this one didn't work for me.

Let me start from the beginning: I really liked the premise of this book and it was one of my most anticipated reads of the year, I was really excited when it came out and wanted to love it! I've read some really great reviews and my hopes were high! But oh, it didn't meet my expectations.

To explain myself, let me give you an actual quote from the book.

"Why would a girl care to find herself when she'll n
chan ☆
Feb 09, 2022 rated it it was ok
there is something so compulsively readable about coho's books and i keep getting sucked in... and yet my reading experiences with her books are wildly varied.

and after finishing this book that i really did not enjoy, i find myself wondering what the "difference maker" is between the books she writes that i enjoy v. not. because she definitely has a formula! and i think i am starting to parse it out.

it comes down to what you are and are not willing to put up with. the twists in hoover's books ar
Mo
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Note to self ... "Give up on NA/YA, Maura!"

As others have said, it is hard to write this review without giving anything away so I won't say too much.

Too cheesy for me.
Too much drama.
Too many coincidences.

Her books are a hit and miss for me. This one definitely missed the mark.

It had everything but the kitchen sink.

I am in the minority here. Most loved it and those of you still to read it will probably love it too.

Hoover's writing is strong but the whole storyline/plot just did not work for me.
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Aug 15, 2014 rated it did not like it
Now that I've had a couple of days to think about this one, I need to lower my rating. Some of the things that Ben said/did weren't okay and shouldn't be shown to be acceptable in books. ...more
Nereyda (Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Booklist)
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Recommended to Amy | Foxy Blogs by: Kara
Two words - absolutely brilliant!

I’m amazed at CoHo's ability to deliver a unique story with each and every one of her books. After I was done with November 9 I spent a good hour or two discussing it with Kara. There’s so much I want to say about it but really you can only do that with people who have read the book so not to ruin the story for others.

One thing that surprised me was when a certain couple made a cameo. It put a smile on my face. I'm so use to CoHo not following book trends that i
Sophie's Reviews {On Hiatus, See Bio}
Ok. So.

Everything about this was creepy and bad.

I would like to preface this review by saying that generally speaking, I like Coho books. It Ends With Us is probably one of my favorite novels ever and I also gave Ugly Love 5 stars, both are on my favorites and featured favorites shelves. But this was just-

Bad. No.

Honestly, I felt conflicted about what my rating should be for a while because the writing was still very good and the plot kept me intrigued, but Ben was just so horrible (for reas
Riley
Mar 11, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
I just can't do it. I got 30 pages from the end and I refuse to finish. I hated this so much
I thought Owen from Confess was the worst male love interest, but Ben has him beat. He was awful. And the big plot twist infuriated me to no end. It was ridiculous and such a cheap shot.
At this point I am questioning whether or not I will continue reading Colleen Hoovers books anymore. How can someone who wrote my favorite book ever, write my two most hated books?
I need to cool off before I write a full
ily
Feb 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance, 2015, new-adult
Ugh, I hate NA. Basically CoHo books are the only ones I can stand in the sea of clichés that is this genre. But after Confess and this new novel I seriously think I should stay away from New Adult books forever.

And somehow, with the way he’s looking down at me, I even believe I’m beautiful.

@ NA AUTHORS please STOP with the bullshit of the girl with low self-esteem and the guy who's hidding a secret. STOP writing insecure girls who fall for the douchey "you don't know you're beautifu
Jonathan
Jul 30, 2021 rated it did not like it
First of all a very big fuck you to past Jonathan who started this two weeks ago, read 30% and took 3 pages of notes, making it virtually impossible to dnf because all that work would have gone to waste then. Next time either finish it yourself or don't take notes, I hate you.

Can Colleen Hoover write likable male characters? Like is she even capable to? Because I doubt it.
This is my second Colleen Hoover book and once again the main male character is shit.

The first chapter of this book really co
mel ☽

ok so mini rant alert so SPOILERS AHEAD but...

... who tf would be in a relationship with their dead brother's woman less than a year after he died.

oh and this happened at the 60% mark the year after h and H's third November 9 aka when they finally had sex and when he admitted he loved her... what the fuuu-?

" It doesn’t matter that Fallon left such a big hole in my heart, I couldn’t help it if someone else found their way in. It doesn’t matter that Jordyn and I were both destroyed a
Sophia Judice
Colleen, you've done it again! I chose November 9 as my book of the month for my book club (@coolestg1rlinthew0rld on insta) for obvious reasons, and I'm so glad that I did. I could not put this book down for the life of me. Nearly every page made my heart burst. The entirety of November 9 exists on (you guessed it!) November 9, only across 6 different years. I LOVE books that take place over a stretch of time, because it makes the story feel more engaging and fast-paced, which is good for someo ...more
Vilma
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The perfect blend of sexiness, emotion and intrigue. It's Colleen's best, most exciting book to date.

Colleen Hoover’s one-of-a-kind style of storytelling shines with November 9—a story about a boy and a girl who fall in love, one day at a time. But it’s also so much more. It’s lines of words that tell the story of a girl scarred by an event that made her feel less, made her feel abandoned. A girl whose dreams vanquished with the flames that ravaged her. It’s about a boy, a writer—Benton Kessler—
Giorgia Reads
2 stars

I hated this book but I’m too lazy to tell you why so I’m gonna make it brief.

I’ve finished several books over the past couple of weeks but I’m going through a phase where I can’t express myself (more like I’m too lazy to articulate anything) so the reviews will have to wait.

I seem to be in the minority of people who did not enjoy this, so if you did, don’t read this, I’m not being nice.

All I’m gonna say is that this didn’t have just one thing wrong with it, but several. The 2 stars
~Poppy~
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
“When you find love, you take it. You grab it with both hands and you do everything in your power not to let it go. You can’t just walk away from it and expect it to linger until you’re ready for it.”

“She’s not the kind of girl you choose your battles for. She’s the kind of girl you fight to the death for.”

I loved Ben and Fallon! I loved the book!! Fallon and Ben had an agreement that they meet up every year on the same day for five years. Only for a day because Fallon would move in a
Kristen
2 1/2 to 3 Stars

I loved the first 70% of this book. Loved it! Unfortunately, the last 30%, which consists of the plot twist, didn't work for me...at all. I felt the story lost its credibility. That said, I'm in the minority, as most readers seem to really love this book and the twist.
jessica
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
i was worried this was going to be too similar to the book ‘one day’ and i am soooo happy to say that this isnt even close - its better! lol.

this is an entirely different story, one that feels earnest and endearing. i have no idea how CoHo is able to so deeply capture the growth of two separate people with mere glimpses of the same day, every year.

my heart ached, yearned, and beat with so much joy. this is truly remarkable storytelling and proof that colleen hoover is a romantic genius (in case
emma
Dec 22, 2015 rated it did not like it
hey! sometimes people are better at reviewing than me. (i know! shocking, but it happens.) i can't say anything about this book that hasn't been perfectly stated already in Whitney's review.

you should give it a read. her review, that is, not this god-awful book.

(thanks @may for linking this in your most recent blog post)

---------

cookies are my favorite food. i am capable of eating probably dozens of reese's peanut butter cups in a sitting. rather than just eating dessert after every meal, i oft
Ishika
Nov 30, 2021 rated it did not like it
This is the fifth and last book of Colleen Hoover that I'd ever read. Her books make me realise how toxic people can be. Not only negatively positive, but positively toxic too.

So the plot goes like-
• 30% of Fallon's body get burned in an accident on November 9.
• 2 years later she meets her father (whom you could call one of the worst father of the world) and while talking to him a guy named Ben creepily hears their conversation and acts like a knight in shining armour to Fallon.
• Fallon was lea
Pearl Angeli
"You left with my soul in your fists and my heart in your teeth, and I don’t want either of them back."

Colleen Hoover, what did you just do to my heart? You just turned me into a crying mess! Now I'm in a full on sob fest.

description

I don't think this review of mine can give justice to this amazing novel but let me just tell you that November 9 is simply beautiful! And beautiful does not even begin to describe it. It's BOOK-WORTHY. The kind of book that will hook you, consume you, and OWN you
Bryce Rocks My Socks
what addictive substance does colleen lace into the ink in her books??

can we please have a novella of the next nov 9? at this point, id even take a wattpad fan version. somebody get on that.
Madita
May 02, 2021 rated it it was ok
some questionable things were said in here and i really do not like Ben nor how he used her
Hulya Kara Yuksel

I remember just like it was yesterday…. Almost 1 year ago when I was first add this book to my TBR shelf I was pretty excited. Because Colleen is my all time favorite author and anything she writes can’t never disappoint me. Yeah, I’m so sure of that and she proved to me that I’m not wrong about
Susanne
Re-Read, Why? You got it because it's almost November 9.. and this is Oh So Good!

5 You Got Me Stars!

COHO is a Goddess! Yes I said it. This novel has made it onto my Goodreads Best of List for 2020 (and is the second book in January 2020 to do so. How about them apples?!)

Wowza! Can I just say it here and now? Fallon and Ben’s story blew me away. Like it freaking Blew ME Away! First, you think you know the premise.. and you think you know what’s going to happen and you have absolutely NO idea! N
Giulia
Usual disclaimer: This is a negative review. If you loved the book, that's great! Sadly, I didn't, so please respect my opinion as I respect yours.

A "NOVEMBER 9" POEM:

I "cringed" in quotations
I hated it in bold
I WANTED TO DNF IT in all caps
It was finally over with an ellipsis...

... welcome to November 9. This book will make you want to claw your own eyes out because of the horrible writing, yell at the idiotic characters and look horrified for the rest of your life because of the terrible pl
Booktok 📚: thoughts on november 9? 7 24 May 20, 2022 09:46AM
Booktok 📚: thoughts on november 9? 1 7 May 19, 2022 10:49PM
CAN WE TALK ABOUT TATE AND MILES 37 7791 May 19, 2022 02:12PM

• The Love Hypothesis
  • Love and Other Words
  • The Spanish Love Deception
  • Punk 57
  • The Unhoneymooners
  • The Deal (Off-Campus, #1)
  • The Hating Game
  • It Happened One Summer (Bellinger Sisters, #1)
  • People We Meet on Vacation
  • A Thousand Boy Kisses
  • The Mistake (Off-Campus, #2)
  • The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
  • The Fine Print (Dreamland Billionaires, #1)
  • Archer's Voice
  • The Score (Off-Campus, #3)
  • Addicted to You (Addicted, #1)
  • Twisted Love (Twisted, #1)
  • From Lukov with Love
See top shelves…
International and #1 New York Times bestselling author of romance, YA, thriller, women's fiction and paranormal romance.

I don't like to be confined to one genre. If you put me in a box, I'll claw my way out.

My social media username is @colleenhoover pretty much everywhere except my email, which is colleenhooverbooks@gmail.com

Founder of www.thebookwormbox.com charity and Book Bonanza.