Start by marking “Brush of Wings (Angels Walking, #3)” as Want to Read:
Brush of Wings (Angels Walking, #3)

Brush of Wings

(Angels Walking #3)

From #1 New York Times bestselling author Karen Kingsbury comes the third novel in the unforgettable Angels Walking series about divine intervention and the trials and triumphs of life for a group of friends.

Despite needing a heart transplant and against the advice of her doctor, Mary Catherine moves to Uganda to work at a brand new orphanage. Whatever time she has left, M
Audiobook
Published March 29th 2016 by Simon & Schuster Audio

To ask other readers questions about Brush of Wings, please sign up.
Nicole Her website says that there WILL be a fourth book in the series. It will be titled Always and Forever. As of now there is no release date for the…moreHer website says that there WILL be a fourth book in the series. It will be titled Always and Forever. As of now there is no release date for the book.(less)

Tracy
Apr 10, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I am not usually very hard to please with novels, but this one completely missed the mark for me. I found the main protagonist Mary Catherine to be annoying, unlikable and all together too perfect. I also got very tired of the fact that the author kept pushing a 'ketosis' diet as the cure all for every health problem. I don't read novels to have diet fads pushed on me. I go to my doctor for that. 2 stars was a generous rating...
Joan
Mar 22, 2016 rated it liked it
This novel is the third in the Angels Walking series and to really enjoy it fully, one should read the previous two.

As with the other novels, Kingsbury highlights the role of angels in the lives of the novel's characters. This story centers on Mary Catherine. She is in need of a heart transplant and it looks like the chances of that happening are slim. Convinced the relationship between her and Marcus should not continue, she spurns his love for her and goes to Africa. The angels take on the tas
Stefanie
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brush of Wings is the third and final book in Karen Kingsbury's Angels Walking series and all I can say is Wow!
This series touched my life in more ways than one and the third book wrapped it up in a heartfelt moment where a wonderful fulfilling sigh escaped my lips.
The story of Mary Catherine and Marcus, along with Tyler and Sami, will leave you feeling whole again. At least that's what it did for me.
Karen, you've done it again! Thank you.
Chastity Ray
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brush of Wings by Karen Kingsbury is the third book in the Angels Walking series. It can be read as a stand alone although you may not understand a few things throughout the book. I have thoroughly enjoyed this series and was sad to see it end. As with most of Karen's books I fell in love with the characters and found myself laughing and crying right along with them.

In this book Mary Catherine faces a serious health crisis. She refuses to tell anyone just how serious it is and instead focuses on
Sarita
This was the final book in the Angels Walking series.

As expected from Karen Kingsbury, this was a great conclusion to the series, however I did feel it drag a bit in the middle. I got very frustrated with Mary Catherine in this book. In book 1 and 2 I felt she was a strong character, but in this book I felt she was acting selfish and almost like a spoiled child who makes decisions based on their will.

What was great for me in this book though was the message I got from it. That some times we act
Faith
Not the best book in the series, but still amazing.
Rachelle
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this conclusion to the Angels Walking series. The stories were heart-wrenching, full of inspiration, tough choices, and love. I was happy with the ending, but sad to say goodbye to these characters!
Kelly Brown
I received an arc from Netgalley in return for my honest review.

This is the third and final book in the Angels Walking series. I honestly give this a 3.5. I am a huge Karen Kingsbury fan, and enjoy many of her novels. This one was enjoyable- just not my favorite. My favorite part of the Angels Walking series, and this one for certain, is the guardian angels set on missions to protect us and help God's plan come to fruition. It gives me chills to think how angels have worked in my life. This book
Rissa
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5⭐
A beautiful conclusion! Every moment pulled me into each situation and made my heart race for Mary Cathrine and marcus or skip for Sammy and tyler.
I couldnt have asked for a better finale.

(Throw in sickness to any book and im already hooked.)

This book is very aww worthy.
CarolynB
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018
This was the perfect ending to the series. I loved it! From the beginning the reader knew that there was something special coming, but I didn’t figure it out until near the end of this third book. It was so beautiful. I am grateful for the angels that God has said surround us here on earth. I love to think that beings as wonderful as the ones in these books are looking out for me.
Kim
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
By this last book in the series I was very irritated with MC for acting so irresponsibly and recklessly with her health and her downright lying, mostly by omission, I suppose, to her parents, her friends, and Marcus. (I was also getting tired of it sounding like we were being evangelized to eat a ketogenic, organic diet and, not only is that great for your health, but you will be a better Christian because it is food "the way God made it" and all the rest of us should probably be ashamed of ours ...more
Kathryn
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
Anna
Sometimes I need a reminder of God's goodness and power, and Karen Kingsbury books always deliver a great message. The idea of being protected by angels is comforting and I have given thanks to my guardian angel a time or two.
Mary Catherine's heart is weakening quickly, and she doesn't want to burden others with her pain, not even those closest to her. She pushes Marcus, the man she loves, away determined to go on a missionary trip to Africa. In telling no one of her condition, it seemed Mary Ca
Janet
May 03, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third and final book in this series. And probably my least favorite although I am not sure I can put into words why.

This is the story of Mary Catherine and Marcus, who we have met previously. We also see the angels return and Sami, Tyler and Lexy - all our old friends are back to close out the series.

Jeanann Barrett
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Light, enjoyable read. Best of the three part series.
Stephanie A.
I don't know if I have acclimated to the writing style or I was just really determined to enjoy Mary Catherine "I need a heart transplant, but not as much as I need to fulfill my lifelong dream of volunteering at an orphanage in Uganda" Clark and everything about her story, but I was able to brush off most of what annoyed me and enjoy what I came for.

I do think the romance between her and Marcus is generally lovely, when they are not being over the top about religion, and I still adore her as a
Marissa
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Karen Kingsbury does it again! Another amazing and captivating book she has written! The story here centers around 4 friends: Mary Catherine, Sami Dawson, baseball players Marcus Dillinger and Tyler Ames. This is the third book in the Angels Walking series. Mary Catherine is the main character. It is her dream to go to Uganda to help children there. However, she goes despite the advice of her doctor encouraging her not to go because of her heart condition. She desperately needs a heart transplan ...more
Annie
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dawn Meehan
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I found myself through this series so in love we these characters. At one point in the second book when one of the characters is going to the doctor. I felt this desire to pray for her that is how invested I got in reading this book.
Georgette
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
As a graduate of Liberty University...I was quite proud to purchase and support Karen Kingsbury. She was now a professor at the university. The story was enjoyable.
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
Series of novels when you first begin them are incredible, but at some point they all come to an end much too soon. This is the feeling that I had when I picked up Brush of Wings by Karen Kingsbury, the third and final novel in the Angels Walking Series, I have loved from its inception. I hate it when things come to an end like this one did. Even though it ended as I had hoped, it is still bittersweet when you understand that there will be no more coming. Nothing to look forward to. It's like sa ...more
Naomi Santiago
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Written over the book “Brush of Wings” by #1 New York Times Bestselling author, Karen Kingsbury. The book has 326 pages and it was published by Howard Books. I chose to read this book because when I went to the store I saw it and I thought the cover looked interesting so I read the description and it was something close to a christian book, I wanted to read a christian book because it is appealing to me and my life and it wouldn't be boring to read.’
There are four main characters in this novel
Kirsten R.
A Wonderful Ending
Brush of Wings by Karen Kingsbury is the third book of the Angels Walking trilogy by Karen Kingsbury. I loved the way the story wrapped up and I didn't want it to end. I read the book in a little over a day because I couldn't put it down.

Characters
I love how I was truly able to know the characters on a deeper level. I felt empathy for the characters at their pain and I felt their happiness. All of the characters to me felt realistic and like I could imagine them to be real pe
Sharon Dean
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brush of Wings
By Karen Kingsbury

Dreams Are Possible

Awe, the story of Mary Catherine and Marcus....a story that continues and finalizes the Angels Walking series. One that will capture your heart and bring courage to your soul. The courage to dream, the courage to believe in those dreams, the courage to fight for those dreams. Your dreams. You see, Mary Catherine has a dream, a dream to live life to its fullest, always seeking adventure, having children, being the most precious wife she can be an
Jessica
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book on Goodreads Giveaways and when I learned it was the third in this trilogy I immediately went and bought the first two on Thriftbooks. Luckily I did or I might not have fallen as in love with this book. I was able to learn more about the characters and their stories and further grasp the seriousness of this last book. The entire series was almost like one book in itself so I do recommend reading the other two before reading this one.

That being said, I loved the entire serie
Linda
Apr 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
"A Brush of Wings" is the 3rd in the "Angels Walking" trilogy. I received a copy through GoodReads' first reads give-away program. I'd never read the other two and wanted to do so before reading this title. I'm glad I took the time to do that. While I think "A Brush of Wings" could have been enjoyed as a stand-alone novel, reading the others made it more enjoyable. It is the story of Mary Catherine, who has a serious health problem, a problem that she wants to conceal from her family and friends ...more
Angie
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just what I needed right now! Encouragement about the spiritual fight going on underneath the veil. Many parts of the plot resonated with me, from believing that God and His angels are working to bring about His will in our lives, and the ending that involved adoption... I have an adopted son, and the feelings that the adoptive mother had in this story about unbelief that she was becoming a mother, and the gratitude for God's grace and plan, were feelings I had when my son was placed in my arms.
Sarah Schelkoph
Mar 16, 2017 rated it did not like it
This was another book club book. There was a point in the middle that I was interested in the outcome, but then the outcome came, and the book kept going...and going...and going. The longer it went, the sappier it got. It was also strange to have angels on a mission that could fail...as if God's plan could not be carried out if their Walking Mission was not a success.
Kyanna
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016
SO Predictable!! I literally made a prediction of what would happen after chapter 1 and in detail it all happened... Kingsbury really dragged it along. It could have been shorter but I think the themes were sweet.
Tbsorrells
Jul 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
Tedious. Could have wrapped this series in two books. Wish she had only handled it in one book🙄. I do NOT appreciate the many many "pushes" toward a ketogenic diet in my fictional reading.
Around the Year i...: A Brush of Wings, by Karen Kingsbury 1 16 Feb 25, 2016 01:30PM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Nov 27, 2015 02:49PM
  • Ray of Light (The Days of Redemption #2)
  • Sunflower Summer (Postcards from Misty Harbor Inn #2)
  • The Missing Will (The Amish Millionaire #4)
  • Faithful to Laura (Middlefield Family, #2)
  • Raw Edges (Quilts of Love, #10)
  • The Tomb: A Novel of Martha (The Living Water, #3)
  • An Endless Christmas
  • Bounce Back: When Your Heart is Empty and Your Dreams are Lost
  • The Women of Christmas
  • Promised To Another (Amish of Seymour County, #3)
  • Sometimes God Has a Kid's Face
  • Katie Opens Her Heart (Emma Raber's Daughter, #1)
  • Pursuit of Proverbs 31
  • Rival Hearts (Quilts of Love, #19)
  • Naomi's Gift (Kauffman Amish Bakery -- Christmas Stories #2)
  • Smitten Book Club (Smitten, #3)
  • The Stars Shine Bright (Raleigh Harmon Mysteries, #5)
  • A Matter of Heart (Lone Star Brides, #3)
Karen Kingsbury, #1 New York Times bestselling novelist, is America’s favorite inspirational storyteller, with more than twenty-five million copies of her award-winning books in print. Her last dozen titles have topped bestseller lists and many of her novels are under development with Hallmark Films and as major motion pictures. Her Baxter Family books are being developed into a TV series slated f ...more

Angels Walking (3 books)
  • Angels Walking (Angels Walking, #1)
  • Chasing Sunsets (Angels Walking, #2)
“although the mission seemed doomed to fail, the four angels might succeed. He prayed also for Dallas Garner, the baby whose life hung in the balance. And for a generation who might never find redemption otherwise. FOUR EMPTY CHAIRS faced each other at the center of the adjacent room. Jag took the lead as they entered the space and shut the door behind them. Windows lined the walls, flooding the place with light and peace. When they were seated, Jag studied his peers. “Are you surprised?” Beck leaned back. Rays of sunshine streamed through the windows and flashed in his green eyes. He breathed deep, clearly bewildered. “Shocked.” “It’s true, we know the humans better.” Ember ran her hand over her long, golden-red hair. Concern knit itself into her expression. “But if they suspect us, it could alter their choices. We must be so very discreet.” Jag nodded. “Discretion will be key.” He planted his elbows on his knees, leaning closer to the others.” 0 likes