Start by marking “The Magic of Mistletoe” as Want to Read:
The Magic of Mistletoe

The Magic of Mistletoe

His Christmas Wish

Ever since he accidentally outed Santa as a fraud, guest news anchor Duke Rodriguez is getting his first taste of bad press. Worse yet, the former baseball star is striking out with sexy decorator Macy Cuomo. To prove he's no grinch, he offers to work for free during her busiest weekend. A vibrant, down-to-earth single mom, Macy makes Duke want to leave
Published November 17th 2015 by Harlequin Kimani

To ask other readers questions about The Magic of Mistletoe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Magic of Mistletoe

Carmen
Kissing her yesterday had kept him fueled during the day and night. His body had been so wired from spending time with her that he barely slept. He'd actually tossed and turned in his bed last night until he just lay on his back with his hands behind his head and thought about her lips against his.

OKAY, LET'S DO THIS.

Duke is a major-league baseball player turned news correspondent. He is a black Latino from the Dominican Republic. Macy is a black Italian-American who works as an exterior decorat
Books and Spoons
Nov 17, 2015 rated it liked it
A different angle to look and celebrate the festivities of the season.
Duke comes of the Dominican Republic, a former baseball star, now reporting the news, and surrounded by beautiful women, gets struck by the lighting when he meets Macy, the single mother, who's made a name for herself as the holiday law decorator.
I liked how much history the author gives the readers about the characters, as well as about the traditions and habits of the cultures they come from. It all was well inserted into th
Chris Torretta
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
There are some holiday books that just stay with you, even when you read 20 books in a month! This is one of those! It’s cute, deliciously romantic but also feels real.

Duke makes a huge faux pas on national television and although he seems like a nice guy, he really regrets it when he learns the hot chick he’s trying to meet not only has kids but they also heard him. Macy thinks Duke is seriously hot but she isn’t one to just throw it all away because of some hot guy. She’s made her mistakes and
Shone
Dec 05, 2016 rated it liked it
This debut novel seemed rushed to me, as if Ms. Hector was afraid to let the characters talk to her. I love the humor in the story.
Nana Prah
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
A lovely romantic Christmas story. Duke and Macy’s chemistry was incredible and they fit so perfectly together. Although Duke outed Santa he still had a huge heart and was the hero that romantic dreams are made out of.
Authoress Nikqua
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! I didn’t know what took me so long to read this book! I admit it started off slow but once I got into it. It was a real page turner for sure! Awesome job to the author and I’ll be reading more of her books!
Marilyn Diamond
Jul 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Started off slow and didn't keep my attention at first, but when it picked up it was riveting.
Having a story line like Duke Rodriguez who can't get the one woman he wants and Macy Cuomo is refreshing in this day and age. Excellent writing an realistic story. Can't wait to read more.
Definitely good to the last page. What I enjoyed most was this bachelor swore he didn't want to deal with a ready made family and he fell in love and over the heals with the full package.
Just because we commit a fa
Logan
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading The Magic of Mistletoe. It got me in the mood for the holidays—decorating for the holidays as well as attending an ugly sweater party.

I loved the accidental “outing” of Santa by Duke and how Duke’s charm didn’t work right away on Macy and he had to earn her respect. I liked the pace of the way their relationship developed. The author nailed what it’s like being a single working mother, and I did appreciate the friendship Macy had with her ex-husband. Bring on the holidays!
Toni
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romantic-fiction
Duke Rodriguez is a former baseball star, now a news anchor who outed Santa as a fraud. Macy Cuomo is a decorator who has a crush on the news anchor until this happened.
This was an interesting take on romance, but I enjoyed it. They are opposites and there is an attraction between them that they can't deny.
Pamela Bell
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book started off so slow and seemed to jump all over the place. It took me two weeks to finish this book and I usually can read a book in a few hours. Things happened and didn't always seem to connect with what was previously written. Or I guess I like things stated and resolved.
Tigger
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
I would read another book from Carolyn, this one did whole my attention, I read first couple of chapters, then went to middle chapters and read last couple of chapters.
Harlequin Books
"... the story moves at a steady pace and is unique" (RT Book Reviews).
Amy