Start by marking “End of Day (Jack & Jill, #1)” as Want to Read:
End of Day (Jack & Jill, #1)

End of Day (Jack & Jill #1)

4.21  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,989 Ratings  ·  422 Reviews
Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust; in the sure and certain hope of the Resurrection to eternal life.

Four caskets. Two bodies.

Jessica and Jude Day witness their funeral and that of their parents a few yards away from mourning family and friends. Stripped of the only life they’ve ever known, the Days say goodbye to San Francisco forever.

Six months later, two thirt
Published August 17th 2015 by Jewel E. Ann (first published August 14th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about End of Day, please sign up.

The Deal by Elle KennedyConfess by Colleen HooverThe Mistake by Elle KennedyKyland by Mia SheridanManwhore by Katy Evans
Top Romances Of 2015
184th out of 533 books — 2,082 voters
Archer's Voice by Mia SheridanBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireReal by Katy EvansHopeless by Colleen HooverMine by Katy Evans
The BookAddict Mom Blog's Must Reads
33rd out of 462 books — 151 voters

More lists with this book...

Anna ☘

ABSOLUTELY EPIC!

I'm sitting here stunned, unsure what to write in my review.

No review will do this book justice. This is just a book you have to read. It’s unlike any I have read before.

I've read all of Jewel E. Ann's books and I loved them all. One of the things I love most about her books is that her heroines are always intelligent and strong-willed women.

But this book? It completely blew my mind.

The author says she wanted to push beyond the norm and create something unique. Did she succeed?
Jennifer Kyle
Jan 24, 2016 Jennifer Kyle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
"I can't take him from them. I want him...but they deserve him."

Shame, shame, on me. I’m so embarrassed to admit that I didn’t jump into this book because I didn't care for a previous book that I read by this author.

description

This suspenseful, sexy, snarky and addicting story line was read straight through. The writing is perfection and the reason for this review being short is simple, I’m jumping directly into the next book.

Know this though, I totally want to be the heroine, Jessica Day/Jillian Knigh
✤Maria✤
Jul 09, 2016 ✤Maria✤ rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves romantic suspense

“Nothing bled quite like regret."

The blurb sure did pique my curiosity. Although intriguing, it reveals very little. So what did I find out after reading this book?

This sexy, dark and funny novel left me pleasantly surprised. The plot was unpredictable, both main and secondary characters were complex and likable, the pace was somewhat slow but kept me in suspense throughout the whole story.

Siblings Jillian and Jackson get stripped of their old identities and get a fresh start at life in a q
Patty ❤️❤️ Belongs To ❤️Kellan❤️Jesse❤️Lautner❤️Miller❤️Garrett❤️Dean❤️Rafe❤️Liam❤️Beck❤️ and Archer❤️❤️
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC provided by Netgalley}

"I gave her my love, but you...you took it. You took everything. I never had a choice. You tore into my life...into my heart, wrecking all sense of the man I was before you. Being with you is the best part of my day...every day. You think you're broken, but you're not. And if you were...it wouldn't matter. I love every. Single. Piece of you." ~ Luke

photo image_zps27eumr9c.jpg

When I started reading this book, I didn't know what to make of it. I would classify this is a sexy
Brandi

What?!?!?!?!?!?
description

Holy shit. Fucking hell. I'm glad I have the next book. Which I will be starting...
You guessed it, right fucking now!
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
DNF @34%, no rating. I fast-forwarded to read the final "highlight". Review posted May 2, 2016

photo oie_193338kwA2eE0S_zpslg9ifdlh.png

Jackson left to get paint and more alcohol. They both agreed when their new jobs started they would cut back on the booze and act like grownups again instead of college kids during rush week.

photo oie_1933793Y35ByM_zpsy1hxnvwd.gif

When I quit at 34%, I decided to fast-forward and read the ending including the "optional" cliffhanger. Seriously? That's how authors bait their readers into reading an entire trilogy? I also think this story is V
Judith
Oct 09, 2015 Judith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*** This was everything I hoped it would be.Just brilliant!! ***

This is one of the things I love about this site,if I hadn't read a friend's review of this I probably would never have came across it( thanks Angela! )

The book opens with Jessica and Jude Day watching their own funerals and that of their parents.But the big question of course is why??

Fast forward six months and they have new identities,Jillian and Jackson Knight.They are desperately trying to put their past behind them and start a
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo free neon Pi6 by sb_zpsk5aen2r3.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (6/13/2016)

Oooh, I have been wanting to read this! Book 1 in trilogy. Series complete.

BLURB:

Four caskets. Two bodies.

Six months later, two thirty-year-o
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
4 Stars

Hands down one, the heroine in this book is of the best female characters I have come across in forever, and this was one of the most intriguing and complex dark romances I have read in a long time!

End of Day was a brilliant suspenseful read that had equal measures of humour, emotion, sex and drama.

“He'd found a woman who could take pain. But Jillian didn't just take it - she beseeched it.”

Thirty year old Jillian Knight used to be Jessica Day, a woman who has loved and lost and a w
DW
Aug 26, 2016 DW rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jack-and-jill
Wow.. I had to get my mind right before writing this review. I felt every single emotion possible and I still have two books to go. I just hope that my heart can take it!

Jessica and her twin Jude are forced to move across the country with new identities after a terrible tragedy.

They soon become Jillian and Jackson. They have the best sense of humor, so when the nosy neighbors think they are married, they go along with it. Even with a sense of humor, they are trained killers and will kill anyone
Megan
*****FREE ON AMAZON - DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND READ IT*****

*****5 Stars*****

description

“Four caskets. Two bodies.”

WOW! What a phenomenal work of fiction. “End Of Day” is the first instalment of the “Jack & Jill” series by Jewel E. Ann and in my opinion, it was absolutely epic. This was the first book I have read by Jewel E. Ann and what a cracker to start with. I still have positively no idea how I am going to review this story, so I have decided to keep it short, sharp and sweet.

I knew absolutely no
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
4.25 “fin de journée" Stars!

photo F8AAE755-687E-48EA-AE37-7DB808A27178_zpsgxdxgjj2.jpg

Whelp, mark me down as hooked on this series. I don't know if my brain can survive it but I'm sure gonna try.

photo C6771BE4-C055-46F3-84DA-7A0240FA2C06_zpsdvnctdyk.gif

That gif pretty much sums up my reading experience with End of Day. This book cannot be described adequately without giving away the whole sorted plot. So, let's instead go with the feels.

HILARIOUS- every ounce of humor I've grown to expect from Jewel E Ann is here tenfold. Her humor is dry at times, completely inappropriate at others, and yet kinda patheti
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

RATING: 4.25 “fin de journée" Hearts!! :)

Love takes nothing but gives everything.

End of Day is the sort of suspenseful tale that wastes no time drawing us into the action and putting us on edge as we’re thrust into a unique situation alongside siblings Jessica/Jillian and Jude/Jackson.

“Why?” he whispered.
She planted soft kisses all over his face, stopping at his ear. “Because everybody needs somebody.”

Though perhaps a touch slow in terms of pace given the intricacy of the world-building
Olga therebelreader
5 THIS.IS.A.MUST.READ stars

photo tumblr_m4y5iksUcm1qj73e2o1_500_zpsaofneotz.gif

I've never read anything like this book. It had a little bit of everything, perfectly balancing a variety of elements such as romance, thriller, drama, suspense, psychoanalysis, humor, mystery. It was disturbing and twisted - not very dark.

The characters are very three dimensional – especially Jillian, I really loved this character. She is strong, sassy, sexy, athletic, vulnerable, mysterious. The storyline is thrilling and has you on edge, and especially when you ve
Shanny

5 stars

Just finished and all I have to say is IT WAS FREAKING FANTASTIC!!!!!
End of the Day was a slow start for me,but then when I finally got into it
description
I was hooked,I couldn't stop reading this book!

This book is so not what I had anticipated, actually I'm not really sure what I was expecting but I loved it!
I don't really know how to describe this book, it had a bit a everything in it!
Drama, humor, suspense, romance. and a touch of darkness.
The romance in this story if it's not like normal r
Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞
4 's

So many of my friends have read and love this book (and series) that I had to quit pushing it aside and just read it. And W-O-W, it was like nothing I expected! To be fair, Undeniably You has been the only book that I've read by the author so it subconsciously colored my perception...but in a good way. However, I was in no way prepared for the dark aspect.

The blurb does a great job of filling you in on what's going to happen. Jessica and Jude do indeed watch their own funeral, change their
Nancy
Aug 03, 2016 Nancy rated it really liked it

fin de journée—End of Day.

I'm sure that are far better reviews out there about how awesome this book is. So my review is basically going to be me gushing about how much I loved this! Just letting ya know, because I don't want to bore anyone to death.

This is why I am so happy that I joined GR a long time ago. I get to discover awesome books and authors with the help of my awesome GR friends!

I have found another new favorite author! And a new favorite series that I highly recommend. I h
Melissa
“I’m due for an epic mistake.”

Wow! This story is bold, edgy and so addictive. I don't know what I was expecting, but I can assure you, it wasn't this. My mind is blown.

It’s been quite some time, since I’ve read something that's felt so different. In a genre that’s left me burnt-out with overused and tired plot lines, this is a true standout. A breath of fresh air. A book that I won’t forget about anytime soon. A book that has left me no choice but to move right on to the next one.

My favorite p
Suzanne

BR with my sweets, Maida!

Jacqueline's Reads
6 Old Love, New Love, Crazy Love stars

End of Day is the first book in the Jack and Jill series. I don’t know why I picked up this book. Maybe because I saw my friends give it five stars on Goodreads, maybe because it was on kindle unlimited and maybe after reading “Four Caskets. Two bodies” in the summary I was instantly intrigued.

There are not enough words to convey how WELL WRITTEN this book was. This is a really meaty book, BUT EVERYTHING WRITTEN has a meaning. Every flashback, love part and
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
Reading is one of my favorite pastimes, but when you’re an avid reader who reads well over 100 novels per year, many books tend to blend together. Authors that bring something fresh to the table stand a better chance of producing work that stands out. Jewel E. Ann brought her A-game with End of Day and I can honestly say I’ve never read anything like it. She has woven together a gripping, intriguing, and clever novel that I could not put down. What a fantastic start to the series.

Other than the
T's Book ~ Tanja
I swear on all things bookish, this has been one of my absolute favorite reads! Wicked, sexy, twisted, and unexpectedly funny. I freakin’ need book two NOW! I don’t even know how to write this review so that I won’t spoil End of Day for you. I just know that it was an incredible read that has stuck with me for days after finishing it.

Fans of darker romance filled with mystery and secrets will devour this one. It’s told in a duality of sorts that will have you trying to figure out just what makes
Jewel Ann
Jul 16, 2015 Jewel Ann added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: written
End of Day is book one in the complex and interconnected Jack & Jill Series. Fair warning: THIS IS WRITTEN IN 3RD PERSON! The story has dual plot lines and every detail matters. Skimmers will not do well with this book. Readers looking for a simple storyline with a sweet, relatable heroine and an alpha hero should avoid this series.

I have never felt so addicted to writing a story. These characters bleed from some strange unknown place inside myself. The Days and Knights are not normal, rela
NMmomof4
3.75 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was not at all what I was expecting. It was dark(ish) and also really funny. I was really thrown off by the 2 different Hs (one in past flashbacks, and one in present tense). While I'm sure that the reason for knowing the story of the past H is going to be important down the road, I was a little frustrated by the back and forth. I enjoyed the h's story with Luke, but I was really rooting for her story with AJ. As for originality of characters and storyline? I th
Aisling Zena
Jul 26, 2016 Aisling Zena rated it it was amazing

Free on Amazon.co.uk at the time of posting

Linda ❤️ SassyClassyNasty
Overall Star Rating: 2.5 Stars

descriptiondescriptiondescription

Title: End of Day (Jack & Jill #1)
Author: Jewel E. Ann
HEA: (view spoiler)
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Cliffhanger: Yes

description

When Jessica and Jude's DEA parents are murdered, they uproot their lives and take on new identities as Jillian and Jackson in
Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog
Oct 17, 2015 Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
description

Spoiler free review for End of Day (#1) & Middle of Knight (#2)
description

5 bloody brilliant stars!

“You tore into my life…into my heart, wrecking all sense of the man I was before you. Being with you is the best part of my day…every day. You think you’re broken, but you’re not. And if you were…it wouldn’t matter. I love every. Single. Piece of you.”

BLOODY HELL!!! These books will EASILY make our Top Ten list this year!!! We can’t express enough how much we loved them! What a series! What character
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Wow!! Just wow...

This book left me speechless and in between the beginning and the end....I laughed, busted a gut, fell in love with Jillian/Jessica and Jackson/Jude.

A breath of fresh air that entwines angst, humor, dark, light, new beginnings, death and touchy subjects.

Sorry, but I am too excited to get to the next book and see what happens next!!
mich
This is FREE right now. 6/10/16. Just saying. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013YPN6QM/...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The heroine is kind of a judgmental bitchy asshole, but I found myself liking her anyway.

The supporting characters are done well.

The writing is decent.

The story. . .frick, I don’t know what to say about the story. For awhile, I was zipping through this thing like crazy. The author did a great job in making me want to know what the hell was going on. (I didn’t even know exactly what it was t
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Oct 17, 2015 Jenny - TotallybookedBlog rated it it was amazing
description

Spoiler free review for End of Day (#1) & Middle of Knight (#2)
description

5 bloody brilliant stars!

• Exchange of Fire (SBG, #1)
  • Return to Grace Street (Chapter 8, #2)
  • All or Nothing (Wicked Games, #1)
  • The Song Remains the Same (NOLA's Own, #3)
  • Destructive Release (Destructive, #3)
  • Shadow Cursed (The Daughters of Darkness, #2)
  • Porter (Dick Dynasty Trilogy, #1)
  • Obsidian Mask (Lion Security, #2)
  • Never Let Go (Take My Hand, #4)
  • Cunning (Infidelity, #2)
  • Badger
  • Liquid & Ash
  • Captive Films 2.2
  • Tempting Bad
  • Vipers Den: Part One Piper & Kade (Viper's Den, #1)
  • Wished for You (The Blogger Diaries #1)
  • Tumbleweed
  • Twisted Paths (Twisted, #2)
Jewel is a free-spirited romance junkie with a quirky sense of humor.

With 10 years of flossing lectures under her belt, she took early retirement from her dental hygiene career to stay home with her three awesome boys and manage the family business.

After her best friend of nearly 30 years suggested a few books from the Contemporary Romance genre, Jewel was hooked. Devouring two and three books a
More about Jewel E. Ann...

Jack & Jill (3 books)
  • Middle of Knight (Jack & Jill, #2)
  • Dawn of Forever (Jack & Jill, #3)

“That’s a fifteen-hundred dollar bedspread. Do you know what that means?”

Jessica held up a finger as she finished chewing, a sparkle of excitement in her eyes. “Oh, yes, I know this one. It means that you’re an idiot for paying that much money for a semen towel.”
10 likes
“A kiss is a save the date, an RSVP to my vagina that says: You. Will. Be. There.” 9 likes