Start by marking “Hard (Sexy Bastard #1)” as Want to Read:
Hard (Sexy Bastard #1)

Hard (Sexy Bastard #1)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  3,392 Ratings  ·  329 Reviews
Strong. Arrogant. Hard.
Ryder Cole is the King of Atlanta’s nightlife — and the one man who can erase my past.

I’m running from secrets that could destroy me and there’s no room in my life for someone like him: too damn cocky, and sexy as hell. I should keep my distance, but smart goes out the window the minute he looks my way. And when he puts his hands on me … A girl coul
Published April 30th 2015 by Eve Jagger Books (first published April 28th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Hard, please sign up.
Emy Yes- the books that follow in this series are each about a different guy/business partner and his story, so this can be read as a standalone.

Candi~Dirty Laundry Review
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hard is Eve Jagger’s debut book!! And what a great beginning!! This story is filled with some hot sexy bastards. And a whole lotta holy effen hotness!!

We have Ryder “hell yes I wanna ride that” Cole. Club/bar owner and runs an “illegal” underground fight club. Need I say more.

Then there is Cassie. Who has just ran from England to come back home to Georgia after being gone for 2 years. To only land in the middle of her brother Jaimie’s debts and problems, and one very angry Ryder Cole. She is try
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Apr 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-for-review

It's LIVE! * Amazon US * Amazon UK *

Hard is about moving on from the past, fighting to survive and winning. The easy flowing nature of this story captured my attention from the opening chapter. It's engaging prose, beautiful descriptions and realistic dialogue drew me in and made me care about the protagonists..... Their past, their future, their wants and their desires.

Thirty year old ex-fighter Ryder Cole has earned his place as the king of the underground boxing world and successful, legitim
Hilary
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ryder Cole is one swoon-worthy Sexy Bastard! I really need someone to erase this book from my memory so I can have the pleasure of experiencing it for the first time again! I absolutely loved this book and am already itching for a re-read.

The writing style is fantastic! The dialog really pulls you into the book and makes you feel like you are a part of the storyline. Nothing in this book feels forced. The perfect balance of story, plot twists and steam. Everything flows seamlessly and it was to
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Apr 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, hot-and-sexy
4 HOT HOT Stars

Hard is the debut novel of Eve Jagger. I'm always a little nervous about a new author but boy was I pleasantly surprised. This book was very well written and was full of sass, secrets and sex!!

photo Hard_zpsptihggv5.jpg

Ryder Cole is an ex fighter turned successful businessman. He is tall and tatted and dangerous hot!! He and his 3 partners own nightclubs. They are a tight group of sexy bastards. Ryder also runs an underground fight club. He is strong, powerful and gets his way.

Cassie McEntire has returne
Beverly
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
It appears I have found a new author to stalk, Eve Jagger. She definitely has a new fan in me. This is the first book in the Sexy Bastards series. I actually read Knox’s book first and went back to read the rest.

Hard is Ryder and Cassie’s story. Cassie is fresh out of horrible relationship and back from abroad when she finds out her brother is in deep with Ryder. The guy who runs the underground fighting circuit. She offers to work off his debt managing his books at his legit business, a club c
Eve Jagger
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Hard is now available on Amazon, Nook & iTunes!!

Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1zdDngi
iBooks: http://tinyurl.com/px8wjwt
Nook: http://tinyurl.com/pcmqmoe
Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/1GwlBSR
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1FxR1fr
Mitch Castro
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rant-and-rave

The story of Ryder and Cassie revolves after the pasts they left behind. Ryder is a formerly undefeated street fighter who became a not-so legitimate businessman. Cassie is an accountant who went overseas but came back to escape a possessive ex and relive her life. They both have separate lives but one circumstance led them to one another. And one ‘plausible deniability’ threatened to tear them apart.

For a debut book, this is not bad considering the plot is a common one – a badass fighter, rags-
TeriLyn
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alpha-heroes, arc

**Hard generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.**

4 "You're in charge" Stars

Eve Jagger wrote an enthralling debut story. Her writing flowed easily telling us the stories in the 1st person POV's of the hero and heroine, Ryder and Cassie.

Ryder Cole, ex-fighter, current businessman of legitimate ventures and one illegitimate venture knocked the wind out of me. He's a simple man, scorned by his past but not enough that he doesn't open himself up to possibility. He's honest
J. McCoy
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Totally impressed with Eve Jaggers debut novel! I loved Ryder and his dirty, bossy mouth. Cassie was spunky and gave as good as she got. The suspense in Hard was unexpected and totally gave the book a big screen feel. Can't wait to see what Eve does next!
CC
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dirty-talkers
Ryder Cole is an undefeated ex-fighter and successful club owner/businessman. He exudes sex appeal with his sexy suits, broad shoulders, sapphire blue eyes, tattooed arms, and sexy mouth.

photo 47aaef78-806b-4c59-8b7d-d27e185457e5_zpslsutww6d.jpg

Cassie McEntire is a bookkeeper who just returned home from London after ending an abusive relationship with her boyfriend. With Cassie’s return, she is immediately forced to deal with her brother’s debt owed to Ryder. Since she doesn’t have the cash to pay off the loan, Ryder agrees to hire Cassie as a bookke
Victoria
Apr 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5+ RATING- went into this book blind with none of my fellow GR friends having read it. Since it was available to borrow thru KU I decided to download a copy and read the first couple chapters to see what I thought. I liked it! I believe this is the authors first book and if so, I'm impressed.

I liked the chemistry between all the characters and am interested in reading more of the series because of that. The story had room to be more developed but worked as written just fine. I did not like th
Jen
This one was just ok for me, although I did love some of the humor in it. For the first half of the book I was extremely distracted; I'm not sure if it was the story or just me?? Then I did start to get into it a bit more right up until the heroine decided to do something so frustrating, I almost through my Kindle. She irked me so darn bad and I'm still not over it. I am being a drama queen, I am sure of it; but her actions just rubbed me the wrong way, and that really knocked my enjoyment of th ...more
Red Cheeks Reads
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love getting excited over a brand spanking new series and that is exactly what I am over Eve Jagger’s Sexy Bastard series and what a feakin’ fantastic title. The first book Hard, sees nightclub and underground fight club entrepreneur Ryder Cole clash with Cassie McEntire over her brothers unsettled debts towards Ryder, a problem that is soon rectified by Cassie offering to work as the accountant for Ryder’s nightclub business but that is also more complicated as the sexual tension and innuendo ...more
AWB
May 08, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Nearly everything about this book frustrated me.

Our h, wasn't just a TSTL kinda gal, she would be better classified as 'all-around-fucking-stupid'. Every single time we read from her POV, I got a headache from rolling my eyes. She was incredibly selfish, and her 'secrets' were stupid to hold on to.

(view spoiler)
Nina ~ Social Butterfly PR
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. Ryder is smoking hot with that Alpha male mentality but also comes across with a tender heart. Cassie is sassy and strong and I like how she is extremely loyal to the people who matter most to her.

Great secondary characters in this book. A bit of suspense and angst, a whole lot of sexy hottness going on.

5 Stars!
Nance
A cute little romance with an alpha-male club owner and his fiery petite accountant vixen. She doesn't quite tell the truth and he forgives her a bit too easily as the truth to her current relationship status is avoided. Ryder's most important rule is "no lying". And, Cassie's biggest issue is learning to trust someone. So, they pretty much had problems from the start. Their romance was passionately HOT as they can't get enough of each other intimately. I wasn't too happy with either character, ...more
Marika
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ryder in a man who loves to win, he wants something he goes after it.
Cassie is too good for her own good and she lands right in Ryder's path.
What started out as pure work related turn in so much more..But Cassie's past is catching up on her.
I am not going to spoil but you seriously need to read it. I couldn't put it down and right until the very last page.
Can't wait to read more from this author.
Heather / Obsessed With Myshelf
Hard is GREAT. I mean, really fucking great. Five Stars Great – #MUSTREAD GREAT. I was instantly drawn into the world of the sexy bastards and I never want to leave. This is fantastic writing that’s full of banter, innuendo, & delicious alpha men. It’s my favorite combination of all things: I am in book heaven.

Those sexy bastards swept me away with their hard exteriors, tattoos and big hearts. Eve drew me in with her playful and witty writing style that was like that perfect glass of water w
Michelle Mulvey
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
First off, I won this ARC in a giveaway. Eve Jagger is totally new to me.
After reading this ARC, she will be one of the authors that I will keep tabs
On to see when she releases new books.
I absolutely loved this book. Cassie comes back to the states to escape from
Sebastian, while she is home in her bed sleeping Ryder breaks in looking for her
Brother who owes $10,000. She has no idea where her brother is hiding out. Cassie ends up going to Ryder's club and speaking with him about how what's goin
1-Click Addict Support Group
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a debut novel...and it's a HELL of a debut. Seriously, Hard was unputdownable; I started at midnight and stopped at 2am when I could keep my eyes open any longer, only to pick it back up the minute I was awake and read to the conclusion. I'm exhausted now but I. Regret. Nothing.

Cassie doesn't need a man like Ryder Cole in her life. She's got secrets to run from, and the tattooed ex-fighter is simply too sexy to be anything but a distraction from getting her life back on track.

But Ryder
Naksed
I had many issues with this book but to summarize, I just hated the h. She was a liar, TSTL, weak and co-dependent, a doormat, hypocritical, entitled and cruel. If you want more details, you can go on reading at your own risk, because MAJOR SPOILERS are ahead.

(view spoiler)
J. Kahele
Dec 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a very good story. I like the way the author threw us right into the story. Into the life of Ryder...Ryder yum. A retired fighter turned bar owner, the story starts with Ryder finding out that a man named Jamie, owes him 10,000 dollars after making bets and has not paid yet. Ryder goes to Jamie's house and of course breaks the door down and enters unannounced.

While searching one of the bedroom, he finds a body under covers and when he lift is thinking it's Jamie, he is surprised to fin
MandaLee
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-to-watch
4.5 SEXY BASTARD STARS!

But I'm callin it! This series is gonna be an easy five star worthy overall :))
Debut author. NO whiny h. HOT alpha. And perfectly flowing writing.
Very awesome and seamless set up for the rest of the series.

Can't wait to come back in the next few months and see how well this chick will do! I fully believe she's around for the long haul and will become a force all on her own. LOVE this Indie world <3
Klaudia (norbert.szymk1) Kuncewicz
3,5 ⭐ ...more
Jestem na TAK
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
OPINIA JUŻ NA KANALE!

ta książka była zdecydowanie za krótka 😢 niecałe 300 stron, a można by ją spokojnie rozpisać jeszcze na 100, wtedy byłabym zadowolona.
ciekawa słodko gorzka historia z fajnym finałem, ogromny minus za brak epilogu, ale! będę w stanie to wybaczyć jeżeli w kolejnych tomach więcej pojawi się trochę z życia tej dwójki 😍👍
kolejny tom potrzebny od zaraz!
opinia na yt już wkrótce. 😀
Heroesinbooks
5+++++ STARS FOR CASSIE AND RYDER

Wow.....if you want a really well written book, a gorgeous Hero (Hello Mr Cole!) who is sweet whilst also being able to kick ass for all the right reasons, plus a really likeable and strong heroine in addition to a bunch of sassy friends, then you need to 1-click this book. It is one of my Top reads of 2015. In a market that is swamped with books of this genre, the writing and character development and overall awesomeness of this novel, sets it above many of the
Jos
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Holy Hot Damn Ryder Stars!!!!

I finished this last night and wow, it was awesome!!!!!! Ryder was off the charts HOT and I mean this guy was just everything that I LOVE to read about in a male lead:) Cassie, I loved most of the time BUT disliked immensely at a couple of moments in the latter half of the story but all in all I really liked her a whole lot and the 2 of them together were a blazing inferno!!!!!!

I loved the story, the writing and the storyline flowed seamlessly, my only little bit o
Len
4 Surprisingly Stars

This is okay for me. I like the humor and sexy time and the suspense. Ryder was ex-(undefeated)fighter turned businessman. He owned a club and operate underground fighting. Cassie returned home from England to a fresh start. But apparently she need in rescue of her brother who in trouble.

The attraction between of Ryder and Cassie is undeniable. The two can't resist each other. But there were secrets that can ruin both of them.

I go blind reading this, glad i did cause it real
  • The Diary of Bink Cummings: Vol 3 (MC Chronicles, #3)
  • Seeking Justice
  • Rude (House Of Payne, #4)
  • Luke's Present (Morning Report, #3.5)
  • Looking at Forever (The Rock Gods, #4)
  • Recklessly His (Bad Boy Mafia, #1)
  • Bo (Bad Boys of Retribution MC #3)
  • Forever Your Concierge (Concierge, #2)
  • Anytime Darlin'
  • Alien Commander's Chosen Part 1-5 (Accidental Alien, #1)
  • Legacy Forgotten (The Avalon Legacies, #1)
  • Pieces Lost (Devil Call MC - Talon & Everly, #2)
  • Eraser (Eraser #1)
  • Blue Ice (Ice #1)
  • Captured in Croatia
  • Bought by the Billionaire Brothers Bundle (Buchanan Brothers, #1-6)
  • Of Dark and Bright (Dark Horse, #3)
  • One Wild Ride (Lords of Mayhem #2)
Eve Jagger is the USA Today bestselling author of the Sexy Bastards series. A native of Georgia and a true southern girl at heart, she’s a stay at home mom to two kids, and married to a sexy man who doesn't mind being used as research for those naughty scenes.

Eve cut her teeth writing in high school and college, but it wasn't until recently that she got the itch to write a full length novel. She
More about Eve Jagger

Sexy Bastard (5 books)
  • Cash (Sexy Bastard, #2)
  • A Night with Knox (Sexy Bastard, #2.5)
  • Knox (Sexy Bastard #3)
  • Jackson (Sexy Bastard #4)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
  • The Replacement Crush
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“And then one day you get on a plane and you come home and you realize that was all it took to get back to yourself,” 3 likes
“tongue across the head of his cock, then lick down his shaft slowly. He moves his hands to my head, tangling his fingers in the back of my hair, and I take his whole cock, hard and throbbing, into my mouth. I slide my lips down and then up, down and up, consuming him.” 2 likes