Start by marking “A Fall of Sparrows” as Want to Read:
A Fall of Sparrows

A Fall of Sparrows

Will Seymour is a Confederate sharpshooter who remains steadfast in his devotion to protect his home, but has found his humanity among the casualties of war. After becoming separated from his unit during battle, Will discovers Evaline, an escaped slave, while trying to locate his unit. Will's initially unsympathetic demeanor changes drastically as the pair faces death from ...more
Published March 8th 2015 by Athanatos Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about A Fall of Sparrows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Fall of Sparrows

Jamie Greening
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who Would like this Book: People who love historical fiction, literary fiction, nature writing, Civil War enthusiasts, people interested in race relations, idealists, and people who like journey stories. If you are a fan of The Outlaw Josey Wales, you’d probably like this book.

What I Really Liked About Sparrows: There is much to like, but four things stand out. First, Bennett does a great job with his history. He completely nails the food shortage and scarcity of the Confederate Army, as well as
Tex Reader
3.5 of 5 stars – Heartwarming Story of Devout, Conflicted Confederate Protecting a Slave.
[I'm excited to have won this as a Goodreads First Read – so thanks, Paul!]

I’m a fan of history and historical fiction, including the civil war era particularly as it relates to the poignant mix of the political, social and human rights issues, and the consequent personal conflicts and hardships. I enjoyed that this book addressed this head on, and in a way that generally got past typical stereotypes and exp
Gretchen Smith
I received this book through the Goodreads First Reads Giveaway.
I first want to thank Paul Bennett for signing the copy of the book that I received. I have my bachelor's degree in English and always dreamed of being sent books in order to review them, so I am happy for this opportunity. I also have my master's in History, so historical fiction has a special place in my heart.

This book was an enjoyable read, although I found some of the aspects hard to believe, and not necessarily historically
Patsy Henry
I just finished reading Paul Bennett's "A Fall of Sparrows". I loved it. The story took place during the civil war, and it's the story of a Confederate sharpshooter, Will Seymour. He got separated from his group of soldiers, and faced many obstacles before he was reunited with them. I could not put the book down. It was that good!
Laurie Mcrae
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very well written book - the insights into the soldier's struggles of faith and loyalty made the story even more engaging. My respect for my friend, Paul Bennett, now extends to his superb writing as well.
Ron Betts
May 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
A fall off sparrows

This book reminds us that God's ways are not always ours and showstopper us that our faith grows when we step out and do what God tells us to do. We see through the main character that if we are obedient, God can change our heart.
Joseph Raborg
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent novel of the American Civil War. I think that it explains the motivations for both sides well. The action is gripping. The characters are easy to relate to, and the work is filled with solid morals. Also, one has to appreciate the historical detail-- particularly with regard to the firearms.
Tammi
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I loved this book. I could not put it down. The world needs more Wills. Thank you Mr. Bennett for writing a story I will never forget.
Jenice Bennett
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fast paced, encouraging story about the true meaning of courage, loyalty, trust and truth.
Patsy Henry
Ameryst Blaylock
TomSS
Craig Dean
Mar 26, 2015
  • The Sovereign Order of Monte Cristo: Newly Discovered Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (Special Edition) (The Count of Monte Cristo)
  • From Stardust to Stardust
  • Down From the Mountain
  • The Girl Who Lived
  • To Know Me (To Know Me, #1-4)
  • Journey to the Heart: Book 1 in the New Dimensions Trilogy
  • Unbound
  • Son of Dragons (Legends of Oblivion, #2)
  • A Precious Stone