Start by marking “Crossing the Line (Without a Trace, #0)” as Want to Read:
Crossing the Line (Without a Trace, #0)

Crossing the Line (Without a Trace 0)

I’ve never believed in love at first sight, which is probably why I write mysteries, and not romances, for a living. Besides, I’m too focused on expanding Elementary, a mystery dinner party business I own with my brother Noah. I don’t have time for romance.

When the handsome and successful Ian Crane books our services, I can barely keep my wits about me. He’s setting fire t
Published June 8th 2015 by Scarlet River Press

To ask other readers questions about Crossing the Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crossing the Line

Shelly Wygant
Jul 01, 2015 Shelly Wygant rated it really liked it
Meet Ella and Ian as they navigate through a relationship. Ella meets Ian when he becomes a client for mystery party dinner business, Elementary. This was a brilliant business to read about in this book. It made the story.

Both Ella and Ian have had a bad relationship in the past. This makes Ella shy about finding love but not Ian. Ian is sweet and doesn't push Ella. Ella feels an intense attraction to Ian and does things that she has not done in the past, and she struggles with this. It was gre
Amanda
Jun 08, 2015 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Once again, a great read from the lovely Ms. Bishop. I received an ARC of this novel for an honest review. I can tell you this; I started it in the early morning hours pre-sunrise after my youngest woke up briefly. I only planned on reading a chapter or two until I drifted off to sleep. Unfortunately (or in this case, luckily) I wasn't able to put it down.

Thoroughly developed characters, a generous amount of steamy scenes combined with intelligent dialogue made this another winner. It's always
Kathryn Synoracki
May 04, 2015 Kathryn Synoracki rated it it was amazing
I was given an arc copy of this book by the author! I just love Ally's books! This is the second book in the Without A Trace Series and can be read as a stand alone! But I highly recommend you start with the first book "Inside The Lines", because you don't want to miss it! The is the story of Ella and Ian. She is a hard working, self employed, young woman, who has had her share of pain. Ian is a millionaire by family money and a lawyer, who has also been hurt. Can they find their forever love an ...more
Christina
May 27, 2015 Christina rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romance readers
Recommended to Christina by: Friend
Shelves: romance, chick-lit
I loved this book. More so than the first--and I loved that one! The characters are well drawn. Likeable. Delicious angst. Sultry, steamy love scenes. Yes, it's part of a series but this book really can stand on it's own. Author Aly Bishop is on top of her game with this heart-pounding romance. A must read this summer.
Karla Haller
Jun 13, 2015 Karla Haller rated it it was amazing
I am really enjoying reading all about how the characters have come together after reading the first book "Inside the Lines." I am really looking forward to reading more! There is just enough sexiness too that keeps my attention.
Tracey Pedersen
Oct 31, 2015 Tracey Pedersen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Interesting characters and realistic dialogue. Definitely worth a read if you've got a few hours to spare.
Hannah Court
Jun 28, 2015 Hannah Court rated it it was amazing
I write a full review on my blog, the link is in my profile.

Overall i loved the book.
Wendi Wilson
Dec 23, 2015 Wendi Wilson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! It was a real page-turner that kept me hooked to the very end. I loved all the characters and I'm pretty sure Ian is now my boyfriend. Back off, ladies! Great job!
Deborah
Jan 03, 2017 Deborah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book by Netgalley and this is my voluntary review.

I enjoyed this book. Just as you get settled in the pleasant love story a rather large spanner is thrown in the works with the theft of a comic book which is precious to Ian and sets Casey wondering if their relationship of a week is set to last as her brother has been charged with theft previously. Is there an HEA in store?
I read this book in almost one sitting as I was so desperate to find out about this couple i had already be
Mandy Saial
Ella and her brother run a dinner theater company and when she meets her new Client Ian , sparks fly instantly , but so doesn't the drool from her mouth. It's a little awkward at times , but some scenes are Majorly sexy between these two .
The storyline altogether was good ,very funny ,full of mystery , intrigue and romance galore , but at times within these pages it seemed certain pieces didn't quite fit , but could be overlooked .
JustOneMoreChapter
A solid 3...

While I like a bit of smut there is such a thing as too much and too soon...

This is a typical, instalove short but, I liked the story (which was delivered between all of the sex scenes), it was written well and the characters were likeable... I may continue with the next one at some point...
Lauren - SERIESous Books
Want to know if the whole series is worth reading? Read my overall review of the whole series at seriesousbookreviews.com! Spoiler Free!

I read this one before I read Inside the Lines and I'm glad I did. This book is great at introducing all the important characters for the next few books while setting the tone for the rest of the story.

I was really hesitant to start Crossing the Line simply because the synopsis hints at a very fast, pretty much love-at-first-sight type of situation--basicall
P Leslie
Apr 11, 2016 P Leslie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this book from net gallery for an honest review.

Wow I absolutely loved this book. Ella and Noah (her brother) run a business called Elementary which is a dinner theatre company.

A new client has approached them and Ella is conducting the meet and greet at their clients house. Ella goes to her new clients house but isn't prepared for the sexy guy that greets her, Ian. Her reaction towards Ian, made me laugh, I was surprised she didn't start drooling. There's an instant connection and attrac
Jackie
Oct 07, 2015 Jackie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ella is always the responsible one. Her brother is the one that goes out and parties and has one-night stands. Ella is focused on building her business. That is until she meets Ian. With one look at Ian she couldn’t focus. Soon she is doing and saying things that she never thought she’d do. She and Ian heat up quicker than she thought possible. The one main thing is that he is a client and doesn’t want to tell anyone what they are doing until after his party. Unfortunately, Ella’s naivete and Ia ...more
Liz
Ella Storm has a dramatic name in a not-too-dramatic story. She meets Ian Stone for a business meeting; she plans mystery parties. Yet, when she meets him sparks fly and there's mutual attraction. Things are going well for the first week until a real life mystery occurs.

And sadly that's where this turns all dramatic and less mysterious. I figured out the culprit immediately, so there's really not so much mystery here and it's barely the focal point of the book when it could have been so much mor
Stephanie Lasley
Jul 07, 2015 Stephanie Lasley rated it really liked it
Enchanting 4.5 Stars
Ella and her brother Noah Storm are the owners of “Elementary”, a mystery dinner party business. Ella is sent to meet with one of their new clients, attorney Ian Crane. When Ella meets Ian they both feel an instant connection. Neither is looking for a relationship, yet they can’t seem to control their desires.
We all know that love at first sight exists, but the question is; does it ever last? Ella and Ian have both been devastated by a previous lover. Will their issues of tr
Heather
This book will definitely appeal to the audience for which it is written. For this reader, it fill the bill of what I needed: quick, easy, fun, basic reading.

The good: if you enjoy romance novels with sexual content, this has it. The characters make sense, the writing is easy to read, and it's fast-paced. I read it in under 24 hours, which means it would make a great beach read or rainy day read.

The bad: the beginning 20% is very repetitive with words and phrases (example: don't get me wrong). I
Jessica
Jun 08, 2015 Jessica rated it it was amazing
I devoured Ella and Ian's romance in one sitting - it was awesome!! Crossing the Line is seriously an excellent book. Smart, witty and very alluring. The characters and plot pull you in - seducing you with their lives and their tantalizing affair.

A job puts Ella into Ian's life and they share an instant connection. It leaps off the page and you are swept away in that intense, lustful feeling that occurs when you meet someone you're insanely attracted to. But it's a rough ride to happily ever af
Beverly Diehl
Ella is a charming, wounded character and I especially liked her close relationship with her brother Noah, and loved their business concept. Ian, the hero, fits the fantasy of the guy every reader would like to bang: sexy, wealthy, good lover... but is he, or was he, a cheater?

Disclaimer: I'm acquainted with the author via social media.

If you are appalled by a character who doesn't take "enough time" to plunge into sexytimes, and perhaps breaks professional ethics (see title, Crossing the Line),
Koko's Book  Blog
May 10, 2015 Koko's Book Blog rated it it was amazing
FULL REVIEW at chapterfive.wix.com/chapter5 soon ❤

My Thoughts:

The Without a Trace series is a pretty solid addition to the New Adult genre. Even thou Ian with his long hair isn't the man I'll be drooling all over, I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed his character. This is one book you won't be able to put down once you start.
The story was fast-paced, hilarious, the characters were a good mix, the writing was well done, and above all the romance was seriously steamy!

Ella Storm is mystery novelis
Aly
May 28, 2015 Aly rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Crossing the Line went by so quickly I was left wanting more! I found their relationship easy and less confusing then some can be. But there was also the fact that it wasn't really defined for a while.

I loved the idea behind this book. As well as the characters. I felt like we got closer to Ella then we did any of the other characters as we were in her head. But seeing her interact with other characters and how those characters han
Jennifer Senhaji
May 11, 2015 Jennifer Senhaji rated it it was amazing
It’s Elementary, my dear reader, that this is a fantastic book. The heroine Ella is enchanting. I love that she runs a murder mystery dinner theater business with her brother Noah. What an imaginative profession for a heroine to have. Ella, Noah, and Lux, are all characters that are well developed, each with their own unique and lovable personalities. Ian is our hero and a bit of a mystery himself, in the beginning. Both Ella and Ian are dealing with their own issues, but a very lovable pair. I ...more
Jennifer Reed
May 20, 2015 Jennifer Reed rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book by the Author for an honest review.

CROSSING THE LINE is a sweet, sexy read. The characters and story line are well-developed. I read this in just under and hour, it had me so entranced that I could not put it down. The story is about Ella Storm and Ian Crane. Ella is part owner of Elementary a a mystery dinner party business. She has been hired by Ian to play at his birthday party. When they both meet sparks fly, but will they be able to give each other their hear
Karinosa
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the story. The plot was good but I have never read an ARC that had double pages or where you turn the page and it seems that you didn't. So it sounds like you are re-reading it. In all actuality you are reading it, but it is a duplicate page. So that took away from the story line because at times it seems as though pages are missing. Ian sounds hot, but I wanted him more assertive! Still an okay read!

I received this ARC from the publisher via Net Galley for my hones
Jennifer Dicenzo
I absolutely devoured this book. I was hooked from the first few pages and was up really early this morning to finish. I wish I could narrow down why I liked it so much, but it was just everything about it. The writing was great, plot was plausible, sex was hot, and the characters were charming and easily related to. Ella and Ian were just swoon worthy. I promise I sighed every time he said something to her. He was just that good. Do yourself a favor and get this book when it comes out!
I was giv
Liz
Jul 26, 2016 Liz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun read for a lazy Sunday afternoon. It was a straight forward love (with lots of loving thrown in) story & I enjoyed the story. The business idea really caught my attention- loved the idea of a traveling dinner theater. Ella & Ian were a fun couple to watch fall in love & I also thought the relationship between & Ella & her brother was interesting.

Advanced Reader Copy provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
FREE
FREE: | Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU

Never miss out on a deal! Subscribe for free: http://goo.gl/eImdom
Monica Guidroz
May 08, 2015 Monica Guidroz rated it really liked it
*** I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review***

This is book two in the Without a Trace series. We first met Ella And Ian in book one, but this book takes us to the beginning of their relationship. I enjoyed this book more than the first, though I cannot figure out why. I guess because I could really relate to Ella throughout the book. I'm definitely looking forward to reading more in the series.
Jennifer Brickner
Aug 06, 2015 Jennifer Brickner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved that the heroine had a mystery theater business called Elementary. I had a hard time understanding why Ella had to hide her affair with Ian from her brother because Ian is a client of Elementary. I adored the love story.
Linda
May 04, 2015 Linda rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, romance
I liked it. I enjoyed finding out more about the Trace sisters and Luxe's good f friends. It has lots of steamy see, well described but tastefully too. The writing us good. I recommend it to anyone who likes mature themes with sexy women. It is book two of a series. All are worth the read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Remove an editor from a book 2 73 Apr 12, 2016 05:33PM
  • Warrant (Righteous Outlaws MC, #1)
  • One Night with Hemsworth (One Night Series, #1)
  • Debauched (Undone, #3)
  • Bound to You (At Your Service, #1)
  • 26 Hours in Paris (International Affairs #1)
  • The Daring Assignment (Curvy Assignments #1)
  • Only for a Night (Lick, #1)
  • Some Girls Lie (Outback Heat, #4)
  • Project Virgin
  • Ruthless (True Brothers MC, #1)
  • The Billionaire's Control
  • Life's a Beach (Hawaii Heat, #1)
  • A SEAL Forever (West Coast Navy SEALs, #3)
  • Raw and Dirty (Bad Boys MC Trilogy, #1)
  • Charming Olivia (Geary Brothers, #1)
  • Rolling in the Deep (Lopez Brothers, #1)
  • Possession (Sons of Odin MC, #2)
  • Foolproof Love (Foolproof Love, #1)
When you do something effortlessly and people commend you continuously, you have found your gift.

That's what I tell people all the time. And it's true.

I get story. I always have. I started writing when I was eight on a Smith Corona (the electronic kind -- I'm not THAT old). I wrote stories in every spiral notebook I had. Eventually, I graduated to a Mac (yes, I'm one of THOSE people). I imagined n
More about Ally Bishop...

Without a Trace (4 books)
  • Inside the Lines (Without  a Trace, #1)
  • Tracing the Line (Without a Trace, #2)
  • Outside the Lines (Without a Trace, #3)