Start by marking “Out of Order” as Want to Read:
Out of Order

Out of Order

Rob was the one who got away.
Trent stumbles upon him during a trip to San Francisco…
Right before a deadly earthquake…
ebook
Published March 19th 2015 by Wayward Ink Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Out of Order, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of Order

Kazza
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
What a terrific short novella. It proves the old adage - it's not the size, but how you use it. Economical and wise word use and great development of both characters and story.
Review at  photo Potential-OTDU-Banner-9-Smaller2_zpsf0878d67.png
Nicki Markus
Mar 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-lgbt
Out of Order is a sweet little tale of a serendipitous meeting that leads to romance. Well worth a read.

Disclaimer - I was involved in the editing of this story.
Toni FGMAMTC
This is a sweet little tale of serendipity. Trent and Rob were friends in college. They both had other things happening back then that kept them apart and caused them to loose touch. Now by chance they happen to run across each other in a totally different city and get caught up in an earthquake. The reader gets glimpses of the past and present, everything leading them to where they end up.
If you're looking for a short story to make you smile, this might be it. :)

***Copy given in exchan
Terry
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Out Of Order by Eric Gober is a short story published by Wayward Ink Publishing. Trent had not only been left by his boyfriend Jonathan right before he graduated but his best friend, Peter, had died in the fall the year prior. Graduating in the summer from Arizona State University, Trent was flagged down at ASU’s career fair by a corporate recruiter that scheduled him for an interview in San Francisco. Distraught, down on his luck and with no other offers, Trent agreed to go on the interview onl ...more
Carly
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Just when Trent's personal and professional seemed to be going nowhere but down he stumbles into Rob. The spark that attraction Trent once held for Rob ignites again, giving him hope for a brighter tomorrow.

As Rob shares his own feelings from long ago, their world shakes; both literally and figuratively!

This short story of lost opportunities and unexpected second chances is joyful and entertaining.

My OFFICIAL REVIEW written for Carly’s Book Reviews
Alina Popescu
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely adored this story! A nice take on a disaster and the always elusive one that got away.
5amWriterMan
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! It describes the image of falling in love the way I always imagined it would be...I should've joined a damn gymnastics class when I was in school!!!
Lillian Francis
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Set in the late eigthies I could really feel the time period in this one.
Great story of old friends reconnecting in an era where so many were dying too young.
Ami

I wasn't as impressed as the other reviewers. I thought the story was disjointed. I love short stories, but this one was one of the forgettable, didn't make a lot of sense, out of order ones *shrugs*.
Hanna
Pam Kay
Lena
added it
Mar 19, 2017
Eric Gober is a fan of quirky characters, family drama, coming-of-age stories, and the angst of good romance. He rolls them into one in his award-winning debut novel, Secrets of the Other Side.

When not writing, he can be found curled up with a good book, seeking inspiration from the big screen, or hanging with great friends. He is an avid runner and enjoys trail running and half marathons.

He grew