Start by marking “Being Me By Adele Vialli” as Want to Read:
Being Me By Adele Vialli

Being Me By Adele Vialli

The teenage years! A time when you didn’t have all these responsibilities, when your future shone brightly before you, the world full of opportunity!

Who are we trying to kid? Being a teen is hard. Even when you’re a star on your school’s soccer team, are a good student, and have a boyfriend, there are plenty of ways that being a teen—to speak bluntly—sucks. That’s the wor
Published October 15th 2015 by HopeRoad (first published September 15th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Being Me By Adele Vialli, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Being Me By Adele Vialli

Sep 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book for free from HopeRoad Publishing in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Being Me is told from Adele's very realistic perspective, in her introduction she explains that what follows are her diary entries and she apologises that her story isn't neatly wrapped up because 'the way this stuff happened, there was no neat and happy ending', real life just isn't like that. It is this realism that sets Being Me apart
Nayuleska
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I claim being half asleep when I read this: I knew it was in the series of a previous book, The Silent Striker, but somehow I was a little bit dense for most of the book and didn't realise who Marcus was for far too long. When I did realise that, I laughed at myself. I then knew I'd actually read a little bit about Adele before, and now it was nice to fully get into her mind.

I could sort of understand why she delved into shoplifting – sometimes in the heat of the moment you don't want to be lef
Beth
Oct 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a very enjoyable story.
What I liked about this story is that it is just her life. It is very realistic and that is what I really enjoyed about this story.
In this book we follow Adele. I love how she basically says that there is no happy ending, this is just life and that is what had me gripped. This isn't like any other YA book I have read before so I was very happy for the change.

Adele is just a 14 year old girl trying to deal with life and that is what this book is. Her family life
Nisha Ward
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: kids and adults alike
Adele Vialli is an interesting character. I wanted to dislike her, but even at 26 she's painfully relatable to me and I couldn't help but fall in love with her. Kalu is fascinated with the concept of cultural hybridity, and it shows in his construction of not only Adele, but the world around her. Everything is mixed and matched in a way that shouldn't work but does, because that's what the real world is like.

One to watch out for, this is.
Accio Reviews