Start by marking “Beautiful Conviction (Desperation, #2)” as Want to Read:
Beautiful Conviction (Desperation, #2)

Beautiful Conviction

(Desperation #2)

Book 2 in the Desperation series.

Warning: Beautiful Collision is set against the backdrop of the sex trafficking trade. It's not easy reading. though I have tried to remain realistic, without pulling punches. Please note that some scenes could be considered rape trauma triggers, and are by no means meant used for dramatic effect.

***

Gray McAllister is taken back to Roshk
Published June 17th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful Conviction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautiful Conviction

The Mysterious Reader
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
TG Ayer and Toni Vallan’s Desperation duo are a powerful set of books. The first, Beautiful Collision ends in a cliffhanger that is the starting point for the second, Beautiful Conviction. As a result I don’t see how (now that they’re both published) anyone could do anything but read them together and that’s how I’m reviewing them. These really are extremely well written books. The plot is superb (though I’m not going to summarize it as I don’t want to accidentally spoil anything - and the publi ...more
Cindy Jeffers
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second in a series, and won't be as enjoyable if you haven't read the first book.

The cliffhanger of the first book is the start of this one. This book is also written with chapters sometimes being from another point of view, and sometimes being about what happened in the past (those are identified). It can be a bit confusing, until you figure out whose point-of-view you are reading now. Perhaps identifying those would also help?

In general the story is engrossing, although the subject
Christina Luberts
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I had a hard time putting this book down. It picked up where the first book left off. Sara (Grey) was brought back by Nikolai and he wanted to destroy her, but Alexei stops him. Who is Alexei and why does Nikolai listen to him? Thane is scared for his sister and Sara, but can Sara forgive him? Can he get them out of Nikolai's grasp? Sara decides to help Andrei, but will it get her killed or will it save her in the end? I would of like to see a different ending, but maybe another book someti ...more
Lady The Owls
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the mafia story line and showing the horror of slave trade. Just because it will make more people aware that this is going on and here in the US and around the world. The strength of our hero Gray and all she did and sacreficed to help others. This was a very good story even know it was not real Toni Vallan brought it to life with the true horror of what happens in the underworld that goes on under our noses.

There was so much action and heart breaking suspense that I was on baited breat
Cortnie
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really love this dark, gritty, slightly disturbing story! There are some scenes that might be triggers for some people, so read with caution. The emotions jump off the page and grip your heart so tightly you feel like it might burst. I will be honest and say that there were a few places where I got so emotional I actually put the book down and went for a walk. That is who well written this story is. It is so believable! The twists and turns kept me on the edge of my seat, and I absolutely love ...more
Andrea
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story has sensitive issues and is a dark read and is well written. This book is the second book in the 'Desperation' series. The story is full of suspense and drama that will keep you on the edge of your seat and is a page turner. The emotional rollercoaster is hard but a great read.
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a dark, gritty addition to the Desperation Series. Toni has penned a well-written, drama-filled, chemistry-laden storyline. The defined characters are strong, determined, have good interactions and touch on a highly sensitive subject. This captivating book is addictive and the reader will hate to put it down. I voluntarily read an ARC and this is my honest review.
Chrissi
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There is no way any book involving the dark side of humanity is ever going to be anything other than an emotional rollercoaster and this certainly doesn't disappoint! You can't help but be pulled into the story of these characters and hope that good does eventually manage to overcome evil.
I voluntarily read an advanced readers copy of this book
Darlene Long
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely not disappointed. Flowed from one book to the next. Still as a thriller, it takes you on a ride from the beginning of book one to the end of book 2. But this is the last book. And that’s the only sad thing
Tanya
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Caution needed as this has a drop back of sex trafficking. It is very powerful and is hard to read at times as it is so hard hitting and true to what really happens. Great job
I received an advanced copy and I enjoyed it so much that I want to review
Ashley
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Darker than I expected. But it is Ana making story and really well written. I thoroughly enjoyed reading and feeling emotional over these characters. Vallan does a great job getting you invested!
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful book by this Arthur. this one continues the story of Gray it is full of suspense and action extremely well written on this subject matter the whole series is well worth reading.
Jun 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I waited so long to read this story! I had such a book hangover after I finished Beautiful Collision - I NEEDED to know what happened.
And I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but lets just say, Toni Vallan has a way with words, and twisted this entire story on its head. I can't believe the journey I went on, but I was relieved to discover that this brilliant story did actually tie up the loose ends left at the end of Beautiful Collision.

I love the characters in this, and there is more on Roshkov
Christina Boronkas
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. This book is going to be very dark, with the killing and human trafficking that is the basis of the book. It was amazing to see how things unfolded and gray was able to finally help the girls. They had gone through so much and had lost all hope. This book will have plenty of twists and turns and will keep you on the edge of your seat. Im glad the girls were saved and thane and gray were able to get their hea, they deserve it so much. Toni le ...more
Beth Morris
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!

The was this book plays out is kind of sad but all in all it was an amazing experience. I would definitely recommend this book.
Danica Page (One Page at a Time)
Intriguing to say the very least. Cover didn't match the book at all.
Michelle
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dramatic eye opener on human trafficking

This book is a rollercoaster ride for the emotions. Great read and you don't want to put it down until the end.
Sean Veroni
May 06, 2015
Nunnykimchi
Apr 27, 2016

Desperation (3 books)
  • Beautiful Collision (Desperation, #1)
  • The Desperation Series - A New Adult Romantic Suspense: Beautiful Collision & Beautiful Conviction