Start by marking “Boyfriend for Hire (West Side Romance, #2)” as Want to Read:
Boyfriend for Hire (West Side Romance, #2)

Boyfriend for Hire

(West Side Romance #2)

In this sexy new series, author Gail Chianese celebrates the heart—and the heat—of modern dating. This time, a temporary boyfriend may be the right man for a permanent position…

The only girl in a family of five brothers, Tawny Torres has had enough of waiting on men. She has her life and her career all mapped out, and neither includes an apron, an iron, or a husband—yet.
Published November 24th 2015 by Lyrical Shine

To ask other readers questions about Boyfriend for Hire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boyfriend for Hire

Start your review of Boyfriend for Hire (West Side Romance, #2)
Irene
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Boyfriend for Hire was a sweet friends to lovers read.

Loved both Tawny and David, they made me laugh and swoon with their banter and antics.
I really enjoyed watching these two opposites come together and fall in love.

description

Boyfriend for Hire was a beautifully written romance that I highly recommend.
I'm enjoying the West Side Romance series, looking forward to Brody & Denise's book next in Fiance for Keeps.

Thank you Kensington Books - Lyrical Shine via NetGalley for the advance copy in excha
Sultry Steamy Reading
I received an ARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I read the author's debut novel which is also the first book in this series, and I loved that book. I mean, I took a chance on it even if it was a debut novel and I've never heard of the author or anything about the book then. That gamble paid off because I found a new author I truly enjoy. When I got the opportunity to read and review the next book, I jumped on it right away.

I was excited for this b
Marian
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the Westside Romance series. Gail Chianese digs deep into character development and story settings. She whisks you away, and when you reach the end you want more.
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Originally reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

“Oh, the tangled web we weave…”

Tawny’s slimeball of a boss refuses to give her anything but bad recommendations when she quits her job after he promotes someone else over her. In need of a paying job, Tawny looks outside of her comfort zone and applies for a job with a very, very family oriented, life balance believing company. So, a little white lie doesn’t seem like too much of a big deal… except when it gets complicated.

David doesn’t mind being Tawny’s p
Monica Cullip
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Boyfriend For Hire

This story was gifted to me in exchange for an honest review by NetGalley.

This is the second story that I have read by this author, the first was Bachelorette For Sale. Boyfriend for Hire is the second in the series but most definately could be read on its own.

The premise of the story is quite simple. Tawny has lost her job and needs to find a new one. During the interview she is invited to the company picnic and hints are dropped to bring her spouse. This new company puts a bi
Jin
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, netgalley
Thanks to Netgalley and Kensington books for my copy.

This is the second one of West Side Series.
I have read first one and I did enjoy reading it. I couldn't wait for the second one.
This story is about Cherry's friend Tawny and Jason's best friend David "Fubar". From previous book, both had some spark flying whenever they are near each other. But both avoided each other because they were exact opposite . Tawny makes plans, to-do lists and mapped out her life whereas David is easy going life and
Synergy_Quest
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I loved this story about Tawny and Dave. It was charming, a little steamy and cute. This is a friends to lovers story, my favorite kind.

Dave has always been attracted to Tawny and she to him, but he's a player and she's definitely not in the market for sharing. What she doesn't realize is that Dave hasn't dated anyone since they met and he only has eyes for her.

It all starts with him doing her a favor and him wanting to make the most of it. If she's willing to go out with him, he's goin
Donna
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Boyfriend for Hire is a fun read. I had no idea that this was the second in a series but it can be read standalone. This is a case of chemical attraction between the best friends of the first book. They choose not to act on it because they figure they will have to deal with their best friends when it goes south. And it will go south because David’s a confirmed bachelor and Tawny is working to get ahead. She comes from a traditional family that want her to find a man and settle down having babies ...more
Estella
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tawney Torres comes from a family of all boys. So she is rough and tough. She has worked hard to get the job and the beginning of the career she has planned for most of her life. So when she woke up and went to work she didn't know that she would be stood up and she would quit her job.

She has to find a job and when she fines one that is promising she finds out that she needs a boyfriend for hire. So she asks David, who happens to be the guy that she has a crush on. He also happens to be her bes
Heidi
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Boyfriend for Hire is a sweet and beautiful read.

I thoroughly enjoyed Tawny and David there characters are spot on, they were able to make me laugh and swoon all at the same time, i adored their witty banter and there comical antics.

I so enjoyed watching these two who are complete opposites come together as one and fall in love.

A stunning book one which will make your heart skip a beat.

4 Out Of 5 Hearts From Cariad Books
Jessica Alcazar
My second story with this author and I am still impressed.
These two made for some serious LOL reading. Their wit and banter was awesome and their spark was evident as well.
I always enjoy reading these boyfriend/girlfriend for hire stories because even tho I know how they will turn out, the shenanigans of the whole thing makes for a great read. Pick this one up. You won't regret it.
ARC provided by NetGalley for review
Casey Wyatt
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book even more than the the first book in the series. I adored Dave and Tawny. They had great chemistry and I was rooting for the HEA right from the start. The secondary characters - like Dave's friends and Tawny's family shine and make this world real. I'm looking forward to reading the next book which I hope is about Brody!! I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys fun, flirty and light-hearted romances!
Isha Coleman
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The trials and tribulations of being a single working girl in the career dominated man's world. Boyfriend for Hire is full of charm, sass and flair. Tawny is driven and intent on finding something that is all her own. I enjoy these relationship of convenience stories because the scenarios are so extremely funny that I have to always reread them. I received an ARC of this novel in exchange for an honest review. Stylish read that left me warm and fuzzy.
Bette Hansen
Nov 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this relationship of convenience story. It's a cute story with great characters. Tawny and David work well together and the banter and sass between them is very entertaining. Neither of them are looking for a relationship but what starts out as pretend starts to feel very, very real. This author's writing style is fantastic and keeps the story moving at a great pace. This is definitely one I recommend for everyone.
Crystal
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
A great read! I can't wait to read the next one!
Book Gannet
3.5 stars. This is another cute, fun read from this author, pitting a charming, friendly playboy against a smart, workaholic woman. The characters are likeable, the story is often fun and everything is nice and enjoyable.

Except I found my attention wandering a bit at times and it took me longer to read than a book of this length normally would. I think it’s because not a lot actually goes on. Tawney has work and family issues, David offers to help, they find out the chemistry they’ve always susp
Anne
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars
Ash P Reads
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the first book but the second was even better. Tawny and David lovely as individual characters but together they are perfect. Complementing each other's strengths and supporting the other where they are weak. Both have had difficult childhoods in terms of acceptance and but still value family in spite of everything. Though everything starts out with friendship and neither of them looking for commitment, it soon becomes clear how much they need each other to balance out their lives.

Really
Becky
Sep 15, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story, though the title is misleading. Dave is already a friend and is borrowed for a few functions. Tawny needs to prove to a potential boss that she has a well rounded life. Both have things to hide from their friends and eachother. Nice and easy weekend read to de-stress with.
JOCA
Feb 14, 2016 added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
I liked the premise but the writing style and the heroine (particularly her treatment of the hero) didn't work for me. This was a DNF. I won't be continuing with this series.
Pbkreader
Marissa DelGreco
Oct 03, 2015
Sumaira Usaf
Mar 05, 2019

• Finding It (Losing It, #3)
  • Avenge Me (Fifth Avenue Trilogy, #1)
  • Faking It
  • Bridal Boot Camp (Little Bridge Island, #0.5)
  • Fatal Accusation (Fatal, #15)
  • Riley (Men of Courage, #2)
  • The Controversial Princess (The Smoke & Mirrors Duology #1)
  • Golden in Death (In Death, #50)
  • Faking It (Losing It, #2)
  • Take Me (Fifth Avenue Trilogy #0.5)
  • The Somerset Girls: A Novel
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
  • The Forbidden:  Special FREE Preview
  • Down Shift (Driven, #8)
  • Rebel Heir (Rush Duet, #1)
  • Cocky Bastard
  • Making Up (Shacking Up, #4)
  • The Good Luck Charm
Gail currently lives in beautiful Connecticut, but originally hails from sunny California. She is the mom of three amazing kids, the wife of a 27 year Naval officer and the rescuer of two furbabies. In her spare time, she likes to ghost hunt with her hubby, geocache with her family and lock herself away with a great book. She loves to connect with readers on her website, www.gailchianese.com and h ...more

West Side Romance (3 books)
  • Bachelorette for Sale (West Side Romance, #1)
  • Fiance for Keeps (West Side Romance, #3)