Start by marking “The Perpetual Paycheck: 5 Secrets to Getting a Job, Keeping a Job, and Earning Income for Life in the Loyalty-Free Workplace” as Want to Read:

Right now is the perfect time to be looking for a job because there are more opportunities for employees than ever before.

That may seem hard to believe… but it’s true.

Few people recognize what’s happening in today’s job market. Even fewer people have the tools they need to access those rewards. Today’s workplace is loyalty-free, but this environment can propel employees to
Published April 2015 by Lori B. Rassas, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Perpetual Paycheck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perpetual Paycheck

Virginia Beam
(From a Goodreads giveaway.)

I was turned off by this book's premise, which is that everyone's reason for working is to make as much money as possible. She points to the fact that we wouldn't do our work for free as proof of this premise. But just because I wouldn't do the work for free doesn't mean that money is or should be the ONLY consideration. I could make a lot more money money selling my panties on the internet than I do at my current job, but that's not enough reason to switch. Or, a les
Jennifer Mansfield
May 29, 2015 Jennifer Mansfield rated it liked it
Just received a signed copy of this book in a giveaway. This book contains a lot of good advice for job seekers in today's market. This would make a great gift for a recent grad! Although I enjoyed reading this book, there was a little too much information about networking. It seemed to take up a huge chunk of the book. For anyone who is new to networking, there is a lot of good solid advice to help you out.
Erin Brady
Sep 03, 2015 Erin Brady rated it it was amazing
I can't say enough positive things about "The Perpetual Paycheck." This book provides an invaluable insight as to how to approach the workplace. I love the fact that it offers concrete, simple, practical and unique strategies to handle workplace issues that most will likely confront.

A winner in my book!
Jeanette
May 13, 2015 Jeanette rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-readers
I won this book in the Goodreads First Reads Giveaway.

This made interesting reading, despite that I am now enjoying retirement. I can relate to much of what Lori B Rassas has written, as my son-in-law has not had an easy time in finding work in his chosen career and has faced many a stumbling block. This book will now be passed on to my son-in-law.
Indiebrag
Sep 17, 2015 Indiebrag rated it it was amazing
We are proud to announce that THE PERPETUAL PAYCHECK: 5 SECRETS TO GETTING A JOB, KEEPING A JOB, AND EARNING INCOME FOR LIFE IN THE LOYALTY-FREE WORKPLACE by Lori B. Rassas is a B.R.A.G.Medallion Honoree. This tells a reader that this book is well worth their time and money!
Edeliz Bering
Oct 03, 2016 Edeliz Bering rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
This book is about navigating your way through the loyalty-free workplace. It is about the attitude you must have and the "secrets" you must know in order to get the best jobs and the best pay you can.

I'm not going to give "the secrets" away because if you are presently employed or if you are looking … you NEED to read this book for yourself. I am confident that it will change your view of the working world and will result in more money, better jobs and a happier and more confident you.

The Perp
Dannielle Swope
Aug 14, 2015 Dannielle Swope rated it it was amazing
The Perpetual Paycheck is a must read for job seekers. It bears a realistic but positive approach to finding a job, keeping a job, and finding a better job. Since there are few jobs that guarantee long-term security these days, the skills this book will give you are essential.

This book won't pull the wool over your eyes or fill you with fanciful ideas of following your passion or any other "fluff." It cuts to the chase and perhaps can seem a little harsh to readers who have their head in the clo
Sofia Winters
Sep 29, 2015 Sofia Winters rated it it was amazing
The Perpetual Paycheck really helped me out in opening my eyes to what I need to do to finally get a head! I absolutely LOVED all the quotes from successful, intelligent people that are packed throughout the book, and I found it to be a really entertaining read in addition to a tremendously valuable resource chocked full of information that helped reprogram my mindset so that I could set some goals for advancement in the company I work for that I fill confident I can now attain.

The author is hi
Christine
Dec 10, 2015 Christine rated it it was amazing
FINALLY finished this book. It wasn't for lack of want either...I was desperately trying to find the time to read it! This book is a fantastic guide for anyone either entering the workplace for the first time, changing careers or someone like me who is trying to re-enter the workplace. It discusses networking (which is huge for success these days...) and managing up as well as other priceless insights I wish I had 25 years ago when I started in the workforce. Great book-great gift for a college ...more
Justine
Jul 11, 2015 Justine rated it really liked it
I received a signed copy of this book through a giveaway.

I think that this book had a really unique and important perspective. As a corporate recruiter, I would highly recommend this book to job seekers. The author offers practical advice relevant to all career levels.

This is definitely worth a read and I would recommend buying it as it would be a helpful resource to refer back to frequently.
Prasanna
Sep 21, 2015 Prasanna rated it really liked it
The Perpetual Paycheck will help you keep your expectations from your job and employers grounded in reality. Specific advice and tips will help you adjust and flourish in the real world. ~http://bookreviews.infoversant.com/th...
Kaite
May 22, 2015 Kaite rated it it was amazing
I won a free copy from the Goodreads First Reads Giveaway Program and think that it interesting. I would recommend it to everyone.
Mb
Mb rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2015
Pyang
Pyang rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2016
Marisol
Marisol rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2015
Nicole
Oct 22, 2015 Nicole rated it liked it
Very helpful, will be recommending this to a few people
Steven Ngo
Steven Ngo rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2015
Mag
Mag rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2015
Andrew B
Andrew B rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2016
Lori Rassas
Mar 11, 2015 Lori Rassas rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2015
Natalie
Natalie rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2015
Valerie Grubb
Valerie Grubb rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
Joel
Joel rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2015
David M Reed
David M Reed rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Heath
Heath rated it did not like it
Apr 12, 2016
Edward Dwyer
Edward Dwyer rated it it was ok
Nov 08, 2016
Lissa
Lissa rated it it was ok
Feb 14, 2016
Thad
Thad rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2016
Johnny H
Johnny H rated it it was ok
Jan 08, 2016
  • Iran
  • 101 Quick & Easy Cupcake and Muffin Recipes
  • An Introduction to Japanese Society
  • The Organized Kitchen: Keep Your Kitchen Clean, Organized, And Full Of Good Food and Save Time, Money, (And Your Sanity) Every Day!
  • Between Equal Rights: A Marxist Theory of International Law
  • Penny Red: Notes from the New Age of Dissent
  • Japan: A Reinterpretation
  • The Blood Never Dried: A People's History of the British Empire
  • The Excellence Habit - How Small Changes In Our Mindset Can Make A Big Difference In Our Lives: For All Who Feel Stuck
  • Stitched Up: The Anti-Capitalist Book of Fashion
  • Jump Ship: Ditch Your Dead-End Job and Turn Your Passion into a Profession
  • Organize Your Day in 24 Hours!: 50 Best Strategies to Successfully Manage Your To-Do Lists, Practice Prioritizing Skills, and Self-Organize Effectively in the Way You Want
  • Secrets of a Master Closer: A Simpler, Easier, and Faster Way to Sell Anything to Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere: (Sales, Sales Training, Sales Book, Sales Techniques, Sales Tips, Sales Management)
  • Living Well, Saving for Life: A Guide for Creating Wealth on a Modest Income
  • Late-Blooming Entrepreneurs: Eight Principles for Starting a Business After Age 40
  • The Art of Sales Management: Lessons Learned on the Fly
  • Nan Goldin
  • Grantsmanship:  Program Planning  & Proposal Writing
Lori B. Rassas is an SPHR-certified employment attorney with nearly two decades of experience. She received an LL.M in Labor and Employment Law from New York University Law School; a JD from the George Washington University Law School; and a BA from Tufts University. Her first book, a textbook titled Employment Law: A Guide to Hiring, Managing, and Firing for Employers and Employees, lays out, in ...more
More about Lori B. Rassas...