Start by marking “A Secret Between Friends (Treats to Tempt You, #6)” as Want to Read:
A Secret Between Friends (Treats to Tempt You, #6)

A Secret Between Friends

(Between the Sheets #1)

Carrying out the goals on someone else’s Bucket List might seem like an odd thing to do, but for Genie it’s the perfect way to honor her best friend, Ciara, who died in the bomb blast that blew up the Army truck carrying them both across Afghanistan. Genie’s come home to the Bay of Islands in New Zealand to rest her injured knee, and she hopes that by fulfilling Ciara’s ...more
Published March 6th 2015

To ask other readers questions about A Secret Between Friends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Secret Between Friends

Start your review of A Secret Between Friends (Treats to Tempt You, #6)
SheLove2Read
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
SPOILER ALERT

The blurb for this book is a little misleading. While it's true that it is a friends to lovers kind of story, it does not mention that these two grew up together, basically as stepbrother and sister in the same household. Despite that, I did finish the story and while it had its moments, overall I did not care for it.
Melody Cox
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***4.5 Stars***
I truly enjoyed this book and fell quickly in love with our Hero. Our heroine was in a tough situation. Her and her best friend (2 females) served together in the war. They were bombed and only one survived. The family who lost their daughter was furious and angry at the remaining survivor even though they had practically raised her. They blamed her and it broke her heart.

To honor her deceased friend she decides to complete her bucket list for her and her friend's brother wants to
Claire Mackenzie-neville
It was fine. A silly little story with immature characters, but easy enough to read to the end. Wouldn't recommend and I'm sure it'll prove completely forgettable, but there are worse books out there.

Probably won't read any more by this writer but not tempted to throw my kindle across the room either.

Who writes down only the name of the person you're meant to be secretly hooking up with, and no one else, during a speed dating evening organised,and attended, predominantly by mutual friends and
Joan
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Very nice premise. Great to see the 'injured soldier' as a woman for once.

The characters were all strong and well-written but there was way way WAY too much sex. Every other chapter or so it seemed. I ended up skipping them after a while. Once you’ve read about great orgasmic sex a few times in a book it all just reads the same. It's just padding out the words and its boring. And I hate to say it, but relationships aren’t just about sex.

Really unsure how to rate this; it was good in places, but
Suzy Baba
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved loved loved this story.
Coco.V
Jul 06, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (7/6/2019)! ...more
Puna
Sep 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Amy
Aug 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked reading this, an easy read but also quite engaging characters. There is depth to this romance based on long term friendship, growing up together and shared grief.
Char (1RadReader59)
This was an unusual family dynamic that made the pain that plagued all involved, all the more.
You see when Genie Sharpe’s mom passed away when she was just six-years-old she was struck with such grief. Her mom’s best friend Sinead Brennan decided to help out Genie’s father by taking Genie in. While he cared for just his two boys Beck and Jonah. She felt it would help her daughter Ciara too since she and Genie were best friends.
Although, they were in two different places they all stayed close.
Christie
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Serenity Woods is one of my all time favourite authors and while waiting for her next Billionaire Kings release, I decided to delve into another one of her series.

The plot starts with the heroine Genie returning home after a military tour in Afghanistan. Six weeks prior, Genie's best friend Ciara was killed when their truck was attacked, during which Genie also severely injured her knee. Genie returns home with a frosty reception from Ciara's mum, as she blames Genie for her death, saying that
nicandbooks
Learning to forgive yourself

I am yet to find a book by the wonderful Serenity Woods that I haven’t loved and A Secret Between Friends is another book to add to my list of faves! Genie and Niall’s story deals with some pretty heavy stuff from death to post traumatic stress disorder, as well as obsessive compulsive disorder and fragile familial relationships. But at the same time, this story is balanced out with love, laughter, some incredibly sensual and sexy scenes and the beautiful setting of
Ruby Johnson
Oct 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Good but not great

I wanted to give this a better rating, but there were just too many reasons I couldn't do this.. The story is about Genie, an injured Army vet on medical leave, and Nial a guy she literally grew up with in the same house. His family agreed to raise her and her two brothers after 14 yr. Old Genie's mother died and their father's job kept him away. Genie is suffering from a knee replacement, survivor's guilt, and PTSD. Her best friend, Ciara, who was Nial's sister was with her
Teresa
I enjoyed this story more than I anticipated. It was interesting to have a female soldier be dealing with PTSD instead of a male character. I liked the turn about. I also liked the connection between the main characters. I enjoyed the plot of the main character's full-filling a loved one's bucket list. That was a cool addition to the story.

At some points it was a little difficult to tell who was really her brothers and which members were part of her surrogate family. I also would have liked
Jacky
May 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I get Genie and Niall getting together after Ciara's death. I think if she had not been killed, they would still have gotten together.

They did have chemistry and it was somewhat of a sweet story. But.....I would have thought everyone, especially her sister in law, would be pushing her to see a therapist after she came home.

Because she didn't, it all felt odd. I kept expecting her to have this big emotional breakdown that would require them to finally get her help.

The book was entertaining and
Daniela
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"But as sleep overcame her once again, the memory of that tender, chaste embrace blew a soft breath across the embers of the feelings that had never completely died"

Friends-to-lovers has always been a soft spot for me. In this case we have the added grief of the loss of best friend Ciara who was also Niall's sister. So while Genie and Niall try to maneuver thru their grief they turm to each other for comfort as friends always do. This opens up their deeply tamped down unrequited feelings.

Lovely
Kelly Willcoxbrackeen
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute and sensitive

I loved this story. It doesn’t quite make my list of favorites but I loved how this story had...substance...to it. The author shows amazing sensitivity towards mental illness by bringing OCD, PTSD, and the many faces of grief. I’m also impressed with how she heaped all of that on her main character in a believable way. I was also impressed with the grammar, which was nice.

Looking forward to more work from this author. This book comes with the side effect of making the reader
Melanie
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic....

Wow! This is such an extraordinary story. The characters are so well developed easy to follow. An emotional rollercoaster so powerful you'll need tissue paper, and maybe a extra pair of panties! A story full of pain, loss and love. You'll feel for not only the main characters but each individual one. The story puts you right in the middle where you feel what they are feeling. There is no bad guy in the story just situations that keep you on your toes. Where you have to ask yourself
Chrystal
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An amazing book

Gin and her friend Ciara had joined the army together. They had been friends since little girls. When her mom died, she whined up moving in with her and her family.
But things changed when there truck came under attack. Killing her best friend. So when she goes back home she decides to do her bucket list, and her brother Naill joins her on the unusual things that his sister wanted to do. But what will become of the 2 of them. Definitely need to read to find out.
Meryl
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Moving.

A romantic read. Niall and Genie have held a secret crush on each other for years. She is home after an accident in the army; where she lost her best friend, Ciara, who was also Niall’s sister. There is a lot of fraught tension and blame towards Ciara. Niall, however, shows compassion and they start to fulfil Ciara’s bucket list.

Through this journey they rediscover each other and themselves. Romantic with some raunchy sexual content.
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Worth reading

I'm always into friends to lovers stories. I so love this plot a lot that most of my ebooks are about that. This is one cute and worth reading type. I admire the characters, Genie for her braveness its so hard to go through life when you are suffering from PTSD. Niall on the other hand has that loyalty and sincerity in what he feels for her childhood friend. Good job!
Karen Sedgman
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was nice to pick up another book by Serenity Woods again and this did not disappoint! Both Genie and her bestfriend Ciara are in the Army, but tragedy struck and Genie lost her bestfriend and returns home with an injury! Genie wants to check off Ciara's bucket list and Niall Ciara's brother helps her out with the list, there was some fun and juicy things on that list! Niall & Genie have always had an attraction, and certainly get more from doing this bucket list together! Ends with a HEA!
Mary Willard
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Serenity has created a series of books about a group of friends living in the beautiful Bay of Islands in New Zealand. Each of the characters in the books has to deal with a heart-rending life situation before they can love themselves and find love. You’ll love these characters. Each of them either finds a hot guy or is one and Between the Sheets, well make sure you have a cold glass of water or your own hot partner on hand. You’ll need it.
Debbie Duncalf
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first of the Between the Sheets series.
I am always drawn to authors who will write books that introduce you to characters and then you meet them again in consecutive books.
Serenity Woods is an excellent author, she writes well and her story lines are exciting to read.
Highly recommend this series.
Deborah Anderson
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Friends become lovers

Firstly time I have read anything by Serenity Woods, but have fallen in love with her writing.
The characters of Genie and Niall are well formed and totally believable. The story is well told and keeps you invested throughout. She touches on very emotional subjects and she does it well. Loved the ending too
Tuakana Toka
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Moving...

A moving romance which had me tearful and emotional in parts. Oh Niall is absolutely divine, And so so sexy!!! Love his personality, compassion and attitude towards Genie. As for our Genie? She is strong, courageous and battles a silent war while still maintaining her feminity. Beautiful read.
PennyLynn Jefferson
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Feel Good Story

A story about loss, love, regret, forgiveness and new beginnings. Niall and Gin's exploration of their feelings while honouring someone they loved and lost and facing the ghost of guilt made this story so very real. Everyone should have a bucket list and fill it with someone that matters.
Jennifer Holley
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down

Loved this book! I felt the love and anger....and sorrow. Shed some tears, but smiled too. Didn't give it 5 stars because I was hoping to read more on the impact his mother had. Felt like something was missed in their discussion at his house. But, otherwise, great story! I really felt the love.
Pat Christie
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ebook

She’s been injured in a bomb blast in Afghanistan. She comes home to New Zealand to heal. She’s been in love with him for years but he’s the brother of her best friend that died in the blast ..her guilt may ruin any chance they have.
Sandi Bedell
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Woman who Served

A great reminder that other countries have served alongside us in Iraq and Afghanistan and they also have women serving. Reading about one such returned wounded veteran was a reality check that ended well.
Melissa Oaks
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant Start For A Series. Must Read

This was a book I couldn't put down. I laughed and cried many times through out the story. Would recommend to anyone who loves a true romance and a,happy ending.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Royal Treatment - A Doctor Prince Romance (Ravishing Royals Book 4)
  • The Baby Miracle
  • Kissing My Dad's Friend
  • Misbehaved (Brother's Best Friend, #4)
  • Claimed By Him: A Contemporary Romance Box Set
  • Pretend You're Mine: A Curvy Girl Romance
  • Kissing My Best Friend (Small Town Protectors, #6)
  • Billionaire With Benefits (Make Her Mine)
  • Keeping Her Curves
  • Daddy's Two Best Friends
  • My Boss's Sister (Make Her Mine)
  • Seduce Me Sweetly (Heron's Landing, #1)
  • Hot for the Holidays: Thirteen Naughty & Nice Novellas
  • Unexpected Roommate
  • One Hundred Secrets (An Aspen Cove Romance Book 10)
  • Claiming Her Curves (Irresistible Curves, #2)
  • I Want You For Christmas (Love at Christmas #2)
  • After All (Sapphire Falls: After Hours, #1)
USA Today Bestselling Author of contemporary romance, writing sexy Kiwi billionaires with a heart.

Between the Sheets (3 books)
  • An Ocean Between Us (Between the Sheets, #2)
  • Right Between the Eyes (Between the Sheets #3)