Start by marking “Blackout” as Want to Read:
Blackout

Blackout

(Lost Girls #1)

Some memories should be buried…

The blackouts started happening when Teal was eight. There are long periods of her youth she doesn't remember. She has woken up in strange places, feeling disoriented and unaware of how long she's been out.

After two years abroad attending a private school and sessions with a top-notch psychiatrist, she's been deemed cured. The blackouts have
Published April 27th 2015 by Smashwords Edition (first published April 21st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Blackout, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blackout

Tiffany
Teal Covington has brain damage. As a child she endured something so traumatic her brain shut off all memories of that day. To this day things that remind her of the horrors cause her to blackout.

Being gone from her torturous childhood home has "cured" her. At least that is what the doctors say. Teal isn't buying and for good reason. Returning to the swamp that continues to hold her hostage from fear triggers new blackouts.

As Teal tries to unlock her memories a stalker emerges. Someone is deter
Michelle
ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

Rendered Image

Blackout by Chris Myers was a riveting and intriguing steamy psychological suspenseful thriller. This story was so intense that will keep you on the edge of your seats with it exceptional depth of integrating a story mixed with mystery, suspense and sexiness.

When Teal Convington returns back home to North Carolina after several years, the nightmares and blackouts also seems to return as well. These blackouts plagues Teal from truly livin
Chris Myers
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
If you'd like to become an ARC reviewer (limited copies available), please let me know. The book will be available April 27th, 2015 at your favorite retailers.

Look for the ATOMR Blog Tour from April 27th through May 9th and will be on sale during that time.

My Dare!!!
description

A steamy psychological thriller!
Zakirrah BookBlogger
3 Stars!

This is the first book I have read by Chris Myers and she did a good job on it. After reading the synopsis I was very eager to get my hands on this one , it seemed like something I would enjoy.It gt straight into the story and whilst I liked it I didn't feel gripped by the story or writing, it was like looking in from the outside and not being involved like I like to be.

full review to come
Cocktails and Books
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books.

Shannon's Thoughts
I wasn't sure what to expect with this one, but I'll admit the author did an excellent job of keeping me guessing who the bad buy was.

Teal returns home to her sleepy little North Carolina beach town after spending the past few years in Paris with her father.  She was finally free from the blackouts and nightmares that had haunted her since she was eight years old.  But the minute she returns, the blackouts come back and
Colleen Oppenheim
I adore books that make me think. I love to get wrapped up and around a story that just won’t let go of me until I have no choice but to read it straight through to the very end. Stories that take me on roller coaster rides, throw me for loops, and leave me breathless from start to finish; books that I think I have figured out until the other shoe drops and I am left with my mouth gaping open, stunned at the result. Blackout did all these things for me and more.

I was enthralled from the beginn
Jessica
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy mother of all books - I could not put Blackout down. Intense doesn't begin to describe the drama and the plot that Chris Myers crafted. With each page you're digging into the mystery that surrounds Teal's life. You are enticed and captivated. It's so freaking good I cannot endorse it enough.

Just in case that recommendation isn't enough - the couple in the book are so incredibly sexy and hot, I'm fanning myself just thinking about them. Dare and Teal were childhood friends until tragedy stru
Jessica Figueroa
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Wow, this was a fantastic book. There was enough drama, mystery and steam to keep to keep the readers wanting more. Then there was the twist and turns to keep the readers on the edge of their seats at other points. I loved this book. The characters were interesting, there was the dual point of view and a back stories on characters to make the readers love them even more. I loved watching the attraction between Dare and Teal. As the story unraveled I loved that it wasn't so easy to guess and jus ...more
 ⇝LEAH⇜
Book Title: Blackout
Author: Chris Myers
Series: Lost Girls #1
Genre: Romantic Suspense, New Adult
Publisher: Romance Beckons
Source: I received an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

DNF…at 15%...I don't get how all those people could not only read this but like it. I just couldn't do it…The writing's all over the place and childish…like childishly slutty. I'm not having the best of luck with Arc's lately. No rating.
Bethany
Apr 05, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
3.5 Stars

Review to come
Vivian
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What would you do if you lost part of your memories?
Would you do anything to retrieve those memories?
What if those memories held some horrid truth that your mind has blocked out on purpose to protect you?
Would you still seek those memories out?

These are just some of the questions that are going through Teal Covington’s mind right now. Ten years ago at age 8, she wakes up in a swamp all scraped up, covered blood and has a split skull. Her 11 year old best friend Dare is by her side when she wa
Celeste
Brilliant! This book was right up my alley. I haven't read a book in ages that had me glued to the pages. I love a good romantic suspense/thriller and Blackout fit the bill beautifully. The story kept me thinking I might know what happened...but then something would shift and throw me off, ah the the mystery was definitely there and really well done.

The romantic connection between Dare and Teal was undeniable. I loved the feeling of push and pull between them, yet they couldn't do anything about
Kim
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book took me by surprise a bit with how much I actually enjoyed it! Blackout pulled me in from the first chapter and kept me turning the pages straight through to the end.

After suffering through a horrible ordeal she doesn't completely remember 10 years ago, Teal's father moved her to Paris with him to escape the painful reminders and blackouts. Now her grandmother's health is failing and she returns to the Outer Banks to help her. Although Teal hasn't suffered a blackout in years, the minu
Melanie
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgallery
Blackout had me intrigued from the get go. An interesting synopsis I hoped that like many books it didn't give me too many answers and spoil things. There was just enough info to have my interest pique! This was the first book I'd read by the author too which would usually give the author a bit of a break, but after the good synopsis I had high expectations (Plus I'd read 2 good books before it, this couldn't possibly be 3 in a row!).

I'm not going to go into the synopsis, nor the storyline too m
Falling In Fall Book Blog
I rated Blackout with 4 LEAVES!

Blackout is a lot different than most books that I’m used to reading. I consider this book a Psychological Thriller. Blackout keeps you on the edge of your seat as you are reading and just when you think you have the whole storyline figured out, you are thrown through a loop. The writing is excellent and the pace is perfect.
Teal Covington has been living overseas for the past few years and is now returning to her hometown. When Teal was a child, she experience a li
Naomi Connor
Apr 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
* **ARC provided in exchange for an honest review - Naomi / Scandalous Book Blog***

Wow this book had me on the edge if my seat from beginning to end.
Such an intense read, which had my head spinning with all the twists.
Mystery, Drama, Lust, Love….you name it, this book has it

Teal has suffered from blackouts since that life changing night at the age of 8.She has no memory of the events although she knows it was bad.
She left for Paris with her father where she has seen numerous doctors and after no
D
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good suspense, where I didn't guess whodunnit until the end. As always Chris Myers creates characters who you can relate to yet are on the side of creating a great escape in reading. And while her characters are in their late teens or early twenties, I never feel like I'm reading a juvenile book or book that's over the top where you're thinking characters of this age would never talk like this or act like that.
The concept of the plot line is perfect. i felt like I was watching a crime drama on T
Judy Miracle
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
I received this book for an honest review.

This is my first book by Chris Myers and I can say that I will be reading more of her books. This book was absolutely amazing. It pulled me in from the first few pages. There are so many twists in this book you think you have it figured out and something else throws you for a loop. You never would have guessed the outcome and I loved everything about it.

Teal has been blacking out since she was 8. Something happened that night but she cannot remember wh
Cassandra
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

4.5 stars!

This book was intriguing from the very first page!

I appreciate that the psychological portion of this psychological thriller was actually believable. And the thriller portion was pretty spot-on, as well. I could see how Teal's trauma could have affected her memory and her blackouts and I was actually able to enjoy the mystery. Usually, when I read any kind of mystery, my attention is targeted on figuring out whodunnit
Lisa
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Blackout by Chris Myers is an emotional roller-coaster of romantic thrills, suspense, dark pasts, and mystery. Fast paced and emotionally engaging, this story of two friends since childhood being ripped apart by circumstances and accusations is one that blew me away.

Teal has been experiencing blackouts ever since a traumatic event happened to her when she was eight. She cannot remember that event but that was also the day that her closest friend Dare saved her and was simultaneously accused of a
Sandy Grissett
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chris Myers is a brilliant writer. This is a gripping story of a young girl named Teal who witnessed something terrible in the swamp. Due to the event she encounters frequent blackouts. While in the swamp she runs, she feels as if she is running from a monster. Dare, a boy she knows encounters her and ask her what happened. During this time she blacks out. Once the cops get there, Dane is arrested. The only thing Teal knows is that her dad put a restraining order on Dare. Teal goes to Paris with ...more
Niccisbookblog
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
MY REVIEW
I could not put Blackout down the story is so intense, i was on the edge of my seat desperately trying to work out who the bad guy was.
Chris Myers has woven such a great tale that is packed full of drama, friendship, its incredibly sexy and hot, filled with passion, then there is this wonderful mystery that keeps you guessing you are simply captivated by this story.

Dare and Teal have this beautiful past full of childhood memories and friendship right up until that night where both there
Noelle
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book as a gift from the author in exchange for an honest review. Thanks so much!

This book was amazing. It kept me guessing the entire time. I could never figure out who the bad guy was. It was so suspenseful. Of course, I knew the bad guy wasn't Dare even though he was accused of it when Teal was 8.

Dare was the perfect hero. He was sexy, sweet, and protective. They instantly feel something for each other but both have their own reasons to fight it. At first, he blames her for r
Lauren R.
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I enjoyed this book!

This is my 1st time reading a book from Chris Myers.

I like the way she set up the characters and plot in this book.  You think you know what is going to happen but then Myers throws you for a loop and totally surprises you.

This book had a good combination of suspense, mystery, hotness, sexiness with a psychological thriller all rolled into one.

Teal and Dare are on hot couple.  Their romance is a steamy one.  Was fannin
Aisha Oaktree
Originally Reviewed on the Bewitching Bibliophile blog.

Make sure to swing by the other participants to learn more about the book and author.Tour Page
You can watch the trailer in my full review on the blog, click the link above

This is a first time read from this author and I'm now adding her other works to the books to be read list. This book was extremely engaging, as I didn't know what to expect, as the story unfolded for Teal it also unfolded for us so we learned what she did
RoloPoloBookBlog
Blackout by Chris Myers
Source: ARC from author
My Rating: 4/5 stars
My Review:

Teal Covington has some sort of craptastic life!! At just eight years old she was attacked, her head split wide open like a melon, her best-friend was accused of molesting her, her mother disappeared from her life and, she began blacking out. In an effort to shield Teal from the small town fallout and harassment related to the events of her childhood, her father moves her to Paris where she spends two blissful years havi
Alexa Nichole Demers
This synopsis immediately got me. I needed this book immediately. I am not a very big thriller reader. I don’t know why cause I love thriller movie but anyway. The plot in this book was really good. I had no idea what was going on and I couldn’t put the book down. I read it in one sitting and in a few hours. This book consumed me even though I had some big problems with some of it.

Let’s start with talk about the plot. Since Teal was eight years old the blackouts started. There was tragic day tha
Naomi
Apr 17, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: y-a, contemporary
BLOG REVIEW: http://chaibooks.blogspot.ca/2015/05/...

Blackout is a physiological thriller, a romance, a mystery book all rolled into a New Adult format. It was a very interesting book that had a compelling premise. There is a great romance and a lot of cool physiological aspects. There is a fantastic, dark mystery that we get to explore, limited by our protagonist's memory loss. However, I found that a lot of potential was lost with the book as I found a couple problems with it.

Let's start with
Vivi
4 stars!

***I received a free copy from the Publisher, through NetGalley, in exchange for my honest review.***

I Really enjoyed reading this book!

It was well written, mysterious and full of suspense. I kept wondering what really happend that day on the swamp, when Teal was 8 years old...

“The one memory I have from that day in the swamp lies hazed in fog and plays in my mind like a recurring nightmare. I’m eight, and I’m running for my life.”

Someone hurt Teal... someone was trying to catch her an
* A review copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review *

~ 3.5 Stars ~

I have mixed feelings about this book. In some ways I really enjoyed this book, but it also didn't WOW me like I was hoping it was going to.

I totally LOVED the premise of this story. This was a storyline that was unique and captivating, one I haven't read in other books. This is a New Adult Genre book and it had some of the same elements we see in all of the other books out there, but I think the main plot
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Pulled Within (Bar Harbor, #2)
  • Undying Desire (The Enclave, #3)
  • A Shot of Red
  • Anthony (Lucian & Lia Book 7)
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Darkness Within
  • If I Seem Dangerous
  • Untamed Hearts (Highland Hearts, #2.5)
  • Used
  • Dial M for Menage
  • Transparent (Luminous, #2)
  • The Stag Lord (Bannerman Boru, #1)
  • Altered
  • Salvation (Nashville Nights, #2)
  • Forever Theirs (The Thalanian Dynasty #2)
  • The Witch's Salvation
  • unDefeated (Wayward Fighters #3)
  • Tangled Up: Crossing the Line\Burned
EARLY REVIEWERS PROGRAM
***Interested in becoming an early reviewer?***
Limited copies available on every title. Please contact me to find out details. An ebook copy is given in exchange for an Amazon and Goodreads reviews.

Lost Girls (2 books)
  • Kiss the Boys (Lost Girls #2)