Start by marking “Disorder of War (Disorder of War, #1)” as Want to Read:
Disorder of War (Disorder of War, #1)

Disorder of War

(Disorder of War #1)

Join the legionnaires of Katora as they fight for survival and face the rigors of open war. The vast kingdoms and decaying empires of the world find themselves in a great struggle for power and influence. In the games of political intrigue where soldiers are the pawns of the mighty, even the lowliest legionnaire has a story worth telling. Each battle makes the company stro ...more
Paperback, 1, 278 pages
Published March 7th 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Disorder of War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Disorder of War

Christine Spoors
Sep 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2015
I really enjoyed this book and thought it was very unique as it focuses on the military in an Empire and that isn't something I've read a book about before. It's an area a lot of books I've read before didn't cover and I am glad this book did a great job.
I thought it was very interesting and as it focused on the military there were plenty of well written fight and action scenes which made this book so hard to put down. In my opinion the plot in this book wasn't the most complex and it didn't pro
David Baird
Aug 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First off.. after reading the synopsis and looking at the cover I was immediately interested to read this book. I won’t lie, I buy books not only based on reviews but the cover needs to grab me and boy did this one get my attention.

I had high hopes for this book and the author didn’t disappoint. This is a very good military themed story with a hint of religion and the super natural.. a great combination in my book!

The author gives the reader a great insight to the world he’s created and the armi
Austen Rodgers
May 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Disorder of War did a pretty good job keeping me entertained. Not only is Dagan's story interesting, but the lore is pretty well thought out too! It's a think and vibrant world, filled with different religions, cultures, and interesting characters (Gill all the way!) I would say that the only thing stopping me from giving it five stars would be that I personally felt it didn't have quite enough surprises, or character depth for me. For the most part, we follow Dagan around, as he goes off to war ...more
Gina Panzieri
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Don’t read the back cover or open to the pages if you are expecting not to get hijacked into the words, world and emotions of this great story. Dagan will take you through battles and love… but only if you are ready.
Sgt Maj
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Almost Readable

Just finished Stiger Series and picked this up. Although showing some promise early on, story/storyline started crashing.

People mention 1-2-3 dimensional character development n I don’t know what that really means. I can say that character development here was shallow? Didn’t really care about anyone and the characters were stereotypical.

Lack of credible detail regarding Legion, companies, tactics, how it all works together. Very disappointing.

MC’s main reason for re-joining Legi
Michael DeStefano
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
History and fantasy come together in this entertaining start to a military saga plainly set in conflict and war, yet cleverly navigates the trials and tribulations of humanity. In this instance, Shamey’s story is timeless.

The cover instantly draws the reader to the main character, Sergeant Dagan Sharaf as his armor is described in detail. The author’s use of contemporary dialogue and military terminology was distracting at first, until it was clear his Legion was not from ancient Rome. Think pr
Mike Levesque
Jun 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I must say I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. You get a real sense of the relationships and comradarie in the Company. It's not unlike watching Band of Brothers. You are there for training and get to read along and watch them grow as a unit. Being in the military myself it had a certain nastalgia to it, back to my basic training days. I'm looking forward to the next installment.
Tyler Wandschneider
  • Compendium
  • I Have Lived Today
  • The Descent of the Lyre
  • Strings
  • Medieval Future: The Last Dragon Throne (Medieval Future, #1)
  • The Eternal Darkness (Jake Thomas Trilogy, #3)
  • White Seed (Seed World #1)
  • Exile (Bloodforge #1)
  • The King's Blood
  • Knot of the Slain
  • Movers & Shirkers
  • Are the Androids Dreaming Yet? Amazing Brain. Human Communication, Creativity and Free Will
  • W.B. Bugg's Change of Heart
  • The Actaeon Tide
  • Strump: A World of Shadows
  • The Wolf of Descarta (Dream Box, #1)
  • The Pillars of Sand (Echoes of Empire, #3)
  • Between Mountain and Sea: Paradisi Chronicles
N. J. Shamey is an international security contractor by trade and uses his real world experiences in the Middle East and Asia to inform his writing. He studied Political Science and Military Leadership at the University of Massachusetts and the Arabic Language in Cairo, Egypt.