Start by marking “Horizon” as Want to Read:
Horizon

Horizon

A Short Story of Surrender.

When Adam and his wife, Helena, introduce playful kink into their sex life, Adam assumes he’ll be the one in charge. His wife has other ideas. This short story fits with Kayla Stonor’s Surrender series, but is more gentle and contemporary in nature.
2nd
Published (first published December 18th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Horizon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Horizon

Travis Luedke
Dec 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you're new to Kayla's writing, this is a perfect introduction. It's a brief, enticing example of the intricate relationship dynamics of an alpha male willing to submit power and control to a woman he loves.

This is a recurring theme in her work. As a man reading this material, I'm beginning to wonder what I might be missing out on with my wife.

I must admit I am a fan of Kayla Stonor's work. Having said that, this short story left me wishing she had made a novel out of this plot. It was a juicy
John Dolan
Jan 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was genuinely surprised by this short story by Kayla Stonor.

Instead of the liturgy of leather, chiseled chests, heaving bosoms and seismic orgasms I had been expecting, I was instead presented with an artful psychological portrait of a marriage where one of the partners has a hankering to experiment with sexual domination. Brilliantly executed!

This is a short introduction to Ms Stonor’s writing – of which on this showing I shall be reading more.
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
This quick read follows like the rest of Surrender Series. A husband and wife try to spice of their sex life. While the husband thinks that he's going to be in charge his wife has other ideas. Adam is unsure what to make of his wife Helena's idea to dominant him in the bedroom. Adam seeks the advice of female domme about his reservations that he's having. The female domme advises him to talk with his wife to learn what is at the heart of this idea. Adam doesn't keep secrets from his wife letting ...more
Sassafrass
I'm stretching my horizons a bit by exploring FemDom which usually isn't my thing. I'm about to start on the Surrender Series by this author and this was kind of a preview of the series. It was sweet and sexy and has me more than a tad bit interested in how the series is going to go. Envisioning big, strapping men at a woman's mercy is more than a little intriguing. So, I'm looking forward to what's in store for me with this series.
Kirstin Pulioff
Jan 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a wonderful story. Complete with descriptive, and developed characters, a complete story from beginning to end, and a relatable topic. A fun and sexy read, full of sexual tension, chemistry, and exploration.
Kim BookJunkie
4.0 rating based on the writing, a 2 based on the fact that this is just a sample and not a complete, "book". I understand the need for authors to provide freebies to introduce us to their writing yet when an author says that an item is a, "short story", it should be complete with a beginning, middle and an end. Even though the beginning is extremely condensed, a beginning does exist. We do get part of the middle but there is absolutely no ending as the story abruptly stops. I am now interested ...more
Kayla Stonor
Dec 19, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This short story explores the theme of my Surrender series in a more contemporary setting. It is short, sweet and fluffy, low on sex content – more sexual tension - but I hope you enjoy it.

Karen
Aug 24, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short sweet story of a couples experimentation into BDSM. Liked it but was left wanting more
Shane O'Neill
Michy
Jan 08, 2014
Lisa
Jan 14, 2014
Kayla Stonor is the pen name of an author of dark, edgy, erotic romance featuring alpha males who submit to the women they grow to love.

Kayla's writings are not the usual romantic fluff. Her novels often skate the edge of consent, with thrilling violence and dramatic relationships between powerful alpha males and dominant women.