Start by marking “November 9” as Want to Read:
November 9

November 9

4.45  ·  Rating Details ·  50,021 Ratings  ·  9,505 Reviews
This is a love story between a guy (me) and a girl (Fallon).
I think.
Can it even be considered a love story if it doesn’t end with love?
Mysteries end when the mystery is solved.
Biographies end when the life story has been told.
Love stories should end with love, right?
Maybe I’m wrong, then. Maybe this isn’t a love story. If you ask me…I’d say this might even be conside
Published November 10th 2015 by Atria Books

Whitney Atkinson
Jan 01, 2017 Whitney Atkinson rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
TW: Abuse, rape

****SPOILER ALERT****

I would give this zero stars if I could. Since I was on the plane when I began reading this, I was unable to snapchat vlog how much I hated it. Therefore, here’s my list of complaints in word format:

• Fallon describes herself as being “obsessive-compulsive” about hygiene. You could just say you find hygiene important instead of belittling an actual mental illness for a hyperbole.
• Homeboy (Ben) eavesdrops on a conversation Fallon has with her father in a rest
Aestas Book Blog
Nov 11, 2015 Aestas Book Blog rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED. SPOILER-FREE :::

“If she’s not careful, I might just fall in love with her. Tonight.”

WOW. WOW. WOW!!!! November 9 blew me away!!! I read it in one sitting with my heart racing the whole time!! The story was SO unique and unexpected that it took me completely by surprise over and over again!! I swooned, I fell in love, my heart was broken, and then healed again. And THE TWIST!!!!! Holy hell, that twist!!! Total shocker but I LOVED it. This book was perfect from cov
Emily May
Nov 14, 2015 Emily May rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, new-adult, 2015
“Why would a girl care to find herself when she’ll never be able to make herself feel as good as a guy can?”

I've said this before, but I'll say it again: I like Hoover's writing, I like her concepts for novels that differ from the standard format of NA romance books, I really enjoyed Never Never and I also liked Confess. This book, however, reminded me of all the reasons her stories and characters have annoyed me in the past.

The relationship between writers and the truth is something I find fa
Christy
5 stars!

photo E540B2CA-D06A-4B8D-8B09-10480B61D499_zpslarpuahs.jpg

There is nothing quite like a Colleen Hoover book. She is one of those authors that leaves a stamp on her work. Her plots seem to have this special twist, her story lines are always unique and her characters are witty, wonderful and flawed. When I read November 9 I expected greatness. This is a CoHo book. And I wasn't disappointed.

November 9 is a day on the calendar. One day out of 365. It’s a day that I’ve never really thought about, but from now on, I don’t think this date will pass
Angela
Dec 28, 2016 Angela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star-favorites
"You'll never be able to find yourself if you're lost in someone else."

COLLEEN HOOVER YOU COLD HEARTED SHE DEMON!!! HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO PEOPLE!?! I must seriously love abuse because I keep coming back for more of it when it comes to your books! This could be the last book I read all year and I would be perfectly content with it. November 9 is stunning.

All us book nerds have one serious thing in common when it comes to reading... We love book quotes! We love to say them, we love to share the
Mo
Nov 12, 2015 Mo rated it it was ok
Note to self ... "Give up on NA/YA, Maura!"

As others have said, it is hard to write this review without giving anything away so I won't say too much.

Too cheesy for me.
Too much drama.
Too many coincidences.

Her books are a hit and miss for me. This one definitely missed the mark.

It had everything but the kitchen sink.

I am in the minority here. Most loved it and those of you still to read it will probably love it too.

Hoover's writing is strong but the whole storyline/plot just did not work for me.
Clau R.
Dec 10, 2015 Clau R. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: expected-more, 2015
Huge disappointment :(. I love everything CoHo writes, but this one didn't work for me.

Let me start from the beginning: I really liked the premise of this book and it was one of my most anticipated reads of the year, I was really excited when it came out and wanted to love it! I've read some really great reviews and my hopes were high! But oh, it didn't meet my expectations.

To explain myself, let me give you an actual quote from the book.

"Why would a girl care to find herself when she'll nev
Lola  Reviewer

Once upon a time, I was a die-hard fan of Colleen Hoover.

Things change.
She laughs and focuses on my eyes for a beat, but then her focus falls to my mouth and God, I want to kiss her. I want to kiss her so bad it hurts and now I can’t smile because I’m in too much pain.

It’s like that all story long.

I’m not saying that I have a cold heart and can’t appreciate “romancey” passages. It just doesn’t fulfill my definition of true, honest and realistic love.

In other words, this book is extremely chees
Amy (Foxy)
Nov 08, 2015 Amy (Foxy) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Amy (Foxy) by: Kara
Two words - absolutely brilliant!

I’m amazed at CoHo's ability to deliver a unique story with each and every one of her books. After I was done with November 9 I spent a good hour or two discussing it with Kara. There’s so much I want to say about it but really you can only do that with people who have read the book so not to ruin the story for others.

One thing that surprised me was when a certain couple made a cameo. It put a smile on my face. I'm so use to CoHo not following book trends that i
Nereyda (Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Booklist)
Vilma's Book Blog
The perfect blend of sexiness, emotion and intrigue. It's Colleen's best, most exciting book to date.

Colleen Hoover’s one-of-a-kind style of storytelling shines with November 9—a story about a boy and a girl who fall in love, one day at a time. But it’s also so much more. It’s lines of words that tell the story of a girl scarred by an event that made her feel less, made her feel abandoned. A girl whose dreams vanquished with the flames that ravaged her. It’s about a boy, a writer—Benton Kessler—
Kristen
2 1/2 to 3 Stars

I loved the first 70% of this book. Loved it! Unfortunately, the last 30%, which consists of the plot twist, didn't work for me...at all. I felt the story lost its credibility. That said, I'm in the minority, as most readers seem to really love this book and the twist.
Yonaily
Ugh, I hate NA. Basically CoHo books are the only ones I can stand in the sea of clichés that is this genre. But after Confess and this new novel I seriously think I should stay away from New Adult books forever.

And somehow, with the way he’s looking down at me, I even believe I’m beautiful.

@ NA AUTHORS please STOP with the bullshit of the girl with low self-esteem and the guy who's hidding a secret. STOP writing insecure girls who fall for the douchey "you don't know you're beautiful, that'
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Now that I've had a couple of days to think about this one, I need to lower my rating. Some of the things that Ben said/did weren't okay and shouldn't be shown to be acceptable in books.
Pearl Angeli
"You left with my soul in your fists and my heart in your teeth, and I don’t want either of them back."

Colleen Hoover, what did you just do to my heart? You just turned me into a crying mess! Now I'm in a full on sob fest.

description

I don't think this review of mine can give justice to this amazing novel but let me just tell you that November 9 is simply beautiful! And beautiful does not even begin to describe it. It's BOOK-WORTHY. The kind of book that will hook you, consume you, and OWN you from the
Jennifer Kyle
Nov 10, 2015 Jennifer Kyle rated it really liked it
4 ”It’s November 9th or nothing.”STARS

description

I can always count on Colleen Hoover to deliver a story that is impossible to put down. November Nine is no exception, this story will surely take a reader through a tough mutter of emotions.

Fallon and Ben’s meeting comes at such a turning point in Fallon’s life. Both characters are eighteen years of age and young Fallon is on her way to New York to pursue a career on Broadway. The two connect on so many levels that it’s impossible not to get giddy right al
Riley
Jan 04, 2016 Riley rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I just can't do it. I got 30 pages from the end and I refuse to finish. I hated this so much
I thought Owen from Confess was the worst male love interest, but Ben has him beat. He was awful. And the big plot twist infuriated me to no end. It was ridiculous and such a cheap shot.
At this point I am questioning whether or not I will continue reading Colleen Hoovers books anymore. How can someone who wrote my favorite book ever, write my two most hated books?
I need to cool off before I write a full
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 STARS

“You’ll never be able to find yourself if you’re lost in someone else.”

What I love about Colleen Hoover is that her stories are always unique and brilliant! This book is not an exception, it’s simply amazing, heartwarming, sweet, funny and intense. The writing is so poetic and addictive that once you start reading the book you can't put it down until you finish it!

I start it yesterday and I read it so fast because I wanted to know what was going to happen to Fallon and Ben! This story t
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
4-4.5 Stars!!

description

Once again Colleen Hoover delivered a unique story that will stay with me for a while. This book like some others I have read from her, it made feel, really FEEL. It made me smile, it made me shed a tear or two and it made me care, really care for these two endearing characters. “November 9” was original from start to finish, it was beautifully written, with a fantastically executed plot and a love story that melt my heart.

“I thought I was stronger than a word, but I just discover
Beverly
LIVE on Amazon - http://amzn.to/1GUJGt9

November 9 is nothing like I expected, like all of Colleen’s books it can best be described as more. As recommended by my bestie I started this on a day I knew I could start and finish in the same day. I decided to start late on Friday night so I could finish it on Saturday morning. Yeah, that didn't happen. Instead I finished in the early morning hours with no one to talk to. I am going to give you the same advice, because as I read November 9 I couldn’t p
Rachel Reads Ravenously
It's live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 stars!

photo November 9 graphic contest.png

First thing I am going to say is you need to go into this book blind. I'm dead serious. I'm actually a lover of spoilers but this book is the exception. I'm not going to post any spoilers, but I'm giving you a moment right now to really think about your reading experience of this book and urging you to go in blind.

Still want to read the review? Don't say I didn't warn ya.

So when I saw on Facebook that many people were finding copies of November 9 e
Anna's Ramblings ☘ ͏͏
I hated this book!
I wanted to rate it one star last night. I was so angry. But apparently the morning is smarter than the evening. I am still pissed. The first twist in the book is stupid and unnecessary.

I LOVED this book!
How can I rate it one star? The story is amazing. The writing is amazing. Music to my ears. CoHo uses and combines words in such a beautiful way as if to create harmony. She always uses less to achieve more. Her messages are simple yet so complex and true. Her characters are s
Patrycja
DNF @45%

I can't believe I am actaully DNFing CoHo's book.. it breaks my heart.

Why? The answer is I'm just not feeling it. It's too perfect... boderline unrealistic to make me pay attention and care about the characters. The whole plot seems silly to me. How can someone truly fall in love with other person when they meet for few hours per year and then go on with their lives while basically idealising the other person in their's heads? Don't you love the image created in your head then?

Maybe
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Yep. 2 Stars. Barely . . . .

I read the first 100 pages of this book in like 17.2 seconds. That's not to say those pages were perfect. There were plenty of things that can ONLY happen in a romance novel and be okay. Some examples are the Fallon/Ben meet cute was him overhearing a father being a real dickwad to his daughter at lunch, infiltrating said lunch as her “boyfriend” and then spending the rest of the day together. In real life
Natasha is a Book Junkie
FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED:

“It took four years for me to finally fall completely in love with him. It only took four pages to stop.”

There’s a very rare feeling I get every time I open a Colleen Hoover book, a cross between trepidation and elation, because I know she is not only going to run my heart over with the plotline itself, but also blow my mind with its uniqueness. And once more, she did just that. In her true fashion, Ms Hoover has given us another terrific page-turner, a multifaceted
Aj the Ravenous Reader
"When you find love, you take it. You grab it with both hands and you do everything in your power not to let it go. You can’t just walk away from it and expect it to linger until you’re ready for it.”

It’s been more than a month now since I’ve read It Ends With Us and even though I promised myself not to read the last book of CoHo I have until November 9, I am just beyond help. The flesh is indeed weak.^^ But worry not because I won’t say anything about the story this time. I won’t even mentio
Michelle
ARC provided by author/publisher in exchange for an honest review

photo ae77ccbd36537d11399bebbe993ddb_zpsfvhiegm1.gif

“I want you to read it for yourself. Because when you love someone, you owe it to them to help them be the best version of themselves that they can be. And as much as it crushes me to admit this, the best version of you doesn't include me.”

Stunning. Consuming. Poetic. Raw. Heartrendingly Beautiful. These are a few words that comes to mind when describing this magnificent and captivating masterpiece called November 9 by Colleen Ho
Brandi
4.5 Stars

description

I'm going to have to agree with the advice I've seen regarding this story, go in blind. November 9 is a story you should experience right along side the characters. Colleen Hoover is one of my favorite storytellers, she fills her pages with unique characters, you can't help but fall in love with. She creates plots that you find yourself completely captivated by, and November 9 is another shinning example of craftsmanship. While this story was beautifully written and addicting, I'm unsur
Giulia
Usual disclaimer: This is a negative review. If you loved the book, that's great! Sadly, I didn't, so please respect my opinion as I respect yours.

A "NOVEMBER 9" POEM:

I "cringed" in quotations
I hated it in bold
I WANTED TO DNF IT in all caps
It was finally over with an ellipsis...

... welcome to November 9. This book will make you want to claw your own eyes out because of the horrible writing, yell at the idiotic characters and look horrified for the rest of your life because of the terrible plot
Judith
Nov 12, 2015 Judith added it
No Rating.DNF....

I seriously don't know why I have a need to read books that are hyped because more often than not I don't like them.

(view spoiler)
Recommendations! 1 3 Jan 08, 2017 09:31AM
CAN WE TALK ABOUT TATE AND MILES 25 520 Jan 07, 2017 08:50AM
Shut Up & Read: December - November 9 by Colleen Hoover 9 28 Dec 27, 2016 06:33AM
Love is in the air: November 9 2 7 Dec 17, 2016 02:03PM
Around the Year i...: November 9, by Colleen Hoover 15 80 Nov 25, 2016 12:16PM
  • Gus (Bright Side, #2)
  • F*ck Love
  • Finding Eden
  • More Than Forever (More Than, #4)
  • The Song of David (The Law of Moses, #2)
  • Wicked Heart (Starcrossed, #3)
  • Addicted After All (Addicted, #3)
  • Flat-Out Celeste (Flat-Out Love, #2)
  • Into the Light (Chosen Paths, #1)
  • Reclaiming the Sand (Reclaiming the Sand, #1)
  • Where One Goes
  • Heart-Shaped Hack (Kate and Ian, #1)
  • Burying Water (Burying Water, #1)
  • Loving Mr. Daniels
  • The Paper Swan
  • Before We Were Strangers
I write because I need to.
I review because I want to.
I pay taxes because I have to.

If you want to follow me, my username is @colleenhoover pretty much everywhere except my email, which is colleenhooverbooks@gmail.com

Founder of www.thebookwormbox.com

More about Colleen Hoover...

“You’ll never be able to find yourself if you’re lost in someone else.” 709 likes
“When you find love, you take it. You grab it with both hands and you do everything in your power not to let it go. You can’t just walk away from it and expect it to linger until you’re ready for it.” 436 likes