Start by marking “The Highlander's Outlaw Bride (Highlander's Bride, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Highlander's Outlaw Bride (Highlander's Bride, #4)

The Highlander's Outlaw Bride

(Highland Brides #4)

Published March 6th 2015 by Short Dog Press

To ask other readers questions about The Highlander's Outlaw Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Highlander's Outlaw Bride

Start your review of The Highlander's Outlaw Bride (Highlander's Bride, #4)
Melissa
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Highlander’s Outlaw Bride

Brianna trying to take back her cattle that the revivers had taken from her clan got picked up as an review herself. The sheriff was going to have her hung. With the help of some of her clansmen they were on the run. Later Brianna decided to go wash in the bray. When she fell and almost drowned. Saved by Laird MacLaiurey not either one knowing they were the ones betrothed to each other. The King Robert rescinded the outlaw charge and gave them two weeks to marry. Lai
Margaret
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
An unwanted marriage

An arranged marriage with a missing Laird's son is not what a young widow wants ....another husband who gives no consideration of her thoughts and feelings. But by order of the Scottish King it must take place in two weeks. Can love and respect be hers before the wedding?
PLP
Mar 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Just okay.

It pains me to say, but this book suffers in comparison to books 1 & 2 of this series. (Somehow I skipped #3.) Don't get me wrong, it was a nice read but, in my opinion, it did not have the intensity or the romance of the first two. But I'm looking forward to the next in this series.
Debra Ranck
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oinery Bride meets pompous Groom

Take a day and read this book, you won't regret it. Conn returns home to eventually meet his bride to be or so he thinks. He also returns to a Lairdship usurped and a bride facing the hangman noose. Yes it keeps you on the edge of your seat. Both bride and groom eventually find love and solutions to their tempetuous life.
Gwamsa
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Conn and Brianna

This is enjoyable and light reading. I recommend it for an afternoon when you just want to relax and not take anything too seriously.
Donna
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
coming soon
Sharon
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this one. There were trials and tribulations and a smouldering attraction. Then there was the king, who added to the story. Treachery, malice, greed, love. A fine story.
Sandy S
Apr 12, 2015 rated it really liked it

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date March 6, 2015

Thrust into the role of laird upon his father's unexpected death, Connor MacLaurey returns home to learn his cousin has usurped his lands and title. Furthermore, his betrothed--a lass he barely knows and certainly did not agree to marry--is hunted by the sheriff, accused of stealing cattle. His plan is to petition the king for clemency for the foolish chit, break the betrothal, and take his castle back from his treacherous cousin. Marriage is n
Nancy Baker
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Adults
Recommended to Nancy by: Amazon Search in Kindle Unlimited
Shelves: best-of-the-best
I LOVE these books! The whole Bride series!!! I started the first one in the series The Highlander's Accidental Bride and was hooked! I read each one back to back in less than a week. I was so sad to know that The Highlander's Outlaw Bride was the last in the series (so far I HOPE!! Hint Hint!!) Thank you for making them available on Kindle Unlimited and making them available on Amazon's booklending.com or I would not have been able to read them for quite some time.

I loved the characters. They
Jeene Hobbs
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love the cover, story pretty good too

Conn was somewhat distraught about Gilda and Ryan when we left him in book 3. However, he was very interested in Ryan's new horse. So he is off to the Continent to drown his sorrows and learn about the horses. When again we meet, he is back on Scottish soil, his unwanted betrothed is labeled an outlaw, his father is dead, and his cousin Malcolm has stolen the clan leadership. That's enough for one novel. His betrothed, Brianna, has her share of troubles as
MaryD
Continuation of the previous books. Connor MacLaurey has returned home, only to find himself betrothed to a local widow who has been outlawed for stealing her own cattle back. Brianna Douglas has no desire to marry, but knows that her holding needs the protection that the Laird can provide. There are those who are working in the shadows to betray both of them and they need to work together.

To be honest, this really didn't hold my interest exceptionally well. There didn't seem to be much chemistr
Ann Gonzalez
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great series! I really enjoyed this book. I read it the first time in a boxed set. It is fine as a stand alone book, but I started the series and decided to reread it. Glad I did. Cathy MacRea has a way with telling a story keeping the readers attention. This book had suspense and romance. Characters are well written. I really like Conn. He is the ultimate hero. Brianna was stubborn and independent. I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
P Lynne Adams
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An excellent story & a great series!

Good plot with an unexpected turn towards the end. Good character interaction. Most importantly the sex scenes were somewhat subdued which is why I gave the extra star rating. The entire series was very entertaining. I would recommend the 4 Highlander Bride books who want a good romance.
Marina Gaines
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a great read!

Cathy MacRae is a great storyteller! She has a keen ability to bring small details to life and make you feel, hear and smell everything going on around in the story. I love reading a series of books that interlace and share history and the each books heroes and heroines. It was lovely.
April
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book

Brianna and Conn were the perfect couple. Their love story was fun, breathtaking, happy.. I loved that Brianna chose Conns love over Gavin. She would have never been happy with one so boring due to her headstrong nature. Good job Cathy!
Shirley kendall
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Series

Enjoyed each of this series. Enough action to keep your attention. The romantic struggles were believable. Conn's sister pleaded for him to come home as if she was involved in her fathers life; then we never read another word about her while issues are resolved at home.
Rose
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I thought this had an original storyline, with the heroine doing so much to protect her clan and seek out her independence. The hero sort of fell in love at first site, which isn't always believable, but this love story developed nicely into an enjoyable read.
InD'tale Magazine
Readers will love Brianna and her inherent need to battle all that cross her the wrong way.

Read full review in the 2015 June issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Jeanne
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A great read!

Had to get this book to continue Conn's story and am extremely pleased that I did. A great story with many plot twists. Hope Cathy MacRae continues this series long enough to tell Jamie's story! Highly recommend to anyone who loves Scottish Historical Romances!
Ann L
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great

Brilliant, I loved Con in The Highlanders Tempestuous Bride so it was great that he got his story. Couldn't put it down
Cindy Coker
Mar 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved this book. The story flowed pretty well, the characters were likable/lovable.
Lance Christensen
Audrey Pittman
Oct 21, 2016
Dee
Jul 27, 2019

• A Heartless Laird (Clan Ross, #1)
  • The Scot's Betrayal (Highland Swords Book 1)
  • A Hardened Warrior (Clan Ross Book 2)
  • Her Highland Secret
  • The Chief (Order of the Broken Blade, #4.5)
  • His Highland Lass (The Clan Sinclair Book 1)
  • A Winter's Rose (Daughters of Avalon, #2)
  • The Blacksmith (Order of the Broken Blade #1)
  • Highlander's Wicked Game (Wicked Highlanders, #1)
  • Her Highlander's Heart
  • The Earl (Order of the Broken Blade, #4)
  • Lady Of The Mist (Legacy Of The Blade, #4)
  • Highland Song (The Highland Brides, #4.5)
  • Unmasking the Devious Highlander: A Steamy Scottish Medieval Historical Romance
  • Dark Ruby (Ransomed Jewels #3)
  • The Shadow of Her Smile (Highlander Heroes Book 3)
Amazon best-selling author Cathy MacRae enjoys weaving tales of romance in the Highland mists. Her stories feature strong heroes and feisty heroines in pursuit of their happy-ever-afters in medieval Scotland.

When not writing, Cathy can be found curled up in a chair with a book or enjoying the outdoors with a German Shepherd or two. She is currently working on another Highland romance novel and pl

Highland Brides (5 books)
  • The Highlander's Accidental Bride
  • The Highlander's Reluctant Bride (The Highlander's Bride #2)
  • The Highlander's Tempestuous Bride (The Highlander's Bride #3)
  • The Highlander's French Bride (The Highlander's Bride #5)