Start by marking “Lumberjanes #1” as Want to Read:
Lumberjanes #1

Lumberjanes #1

(Lumberjanes #1)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  9,235 ratings  ·  1,023 reviews
WHY WE LOVE IT: Five best friends spending the summer at Lumberjane scout camp...defeating yetis, three-eyed wolves, and giant falcons...what’s not to love?!

WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT: It’s Buffy the Vampire Slayer meets Gravity Falls and features five butt-kicking, rad teenage girls wailing on monsters and solving a mystery with the whole world at stake. And with the talent of ac
Published April 9th 2014 by BOOM! Studios (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Lumberjanes #1, please sign up.
Elia April is the redhead.
Mal is the one with a shaved head and piercings.
Molly is the blonde in the coonskin cap.
Ripley is the short one with dark hair…more
April is the redhead.
Mal is the one with a shaved head and piercings.
Molly is the blonde in the coonskin cap.
Ripley is the short one with dark hair and Jo is the tall one with dark hair. (less)

Katie.dorny
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
If anyone loves comics then read this! It's the first one I've read that genuinely made me laugh out loud!! The lumberjanes are hilarious, intelligent and can kick ass when needs be! I'm so excited for the rest of the series 😍😍
Jane
Lumberjanes #1 was an enticing start to what looks like might be a fun story about some rebellious girls who are away at summer camp. It mixes a bit of supernatural mystery with adventure and brave chicks.

Unfortunately, it was a bit disappointing that it was so short at just 27 pages. Just as I was getting a feel for everything, it was over. I liked (I think?) the characters, but the plot was very vague and I have a sneaking suspicion that this is the sort of story that might get dragged out ove
Carlos De Eguiluz
Dec 07, 2016 rated it liked it
El primer cómic sobre scouts que leo... y no fue tan bueno como esperaba. Aún así, presiento que irá mejorando con el avance de la historia, así como también tengo el sentimiento de que April terminará siendo mi personaje favorito. ¿Por qué lo digo? Ni idea.

AleJandra
4 What the junk STARS
description

Esta es mi primera vez aventurándome en los comics.

Sin duda es un mundo nuevo. Acostumbraras a leer una historia de pocas hojas, con personajes con actitudes exageradas y que tenga que esperar para saber la continuación, sin duda es algo a lo que tengo que acostumbrarme.

Pero creo que hice bien en elegir esta serie. La historia es muy divertida y me encanta que cada protagonista es única con su distintiva personalidad.

Voy a continuar leyendo mas tomos, a ver hasta donde ll
Britany
Feb 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Read this comic book for a BookRiot challenge and really enjoyed it, however due to the short nature, I want to devour the entire series in one sitting. The ending left me wanting more, and the characterizations that were already created in 28 pages was brilliant.
Sara
Okay who wants to start a Miss Qiunzella Thiskwin Penniquiqul Thistle Crumpet's Camp for Hardcore Lady-Types with me?

Good gravy was this book ever a hoot and a holler. I have no earthly idea what was going on in this fever dream of a story but it was all glorious good fun! Jo, April, Mal, Molly, and the stark raving mad Ripley are all bunkmates at summer camp looking for madcap adventure in this incredibly clever, sweet and sour ode to everything from girl power and the value of friendship to t
Tilly Booth
Apr 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I needed a small pick-me-up between books and I thought, "I need a good graphic novel". So Lumberjanes called my name from my shelves and saved the day. This was awesome! I need the next one like, yesterday.

This book has a good range of characters, great dialogue, amazing artwork and a plot that kept me engaged, laughing and also turning the pages.

If you like graphic novels, jump on Lumberjanes!!!!
Raina
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Man, these people are obsessed with monsters of the three-eyed variety.

Not that that's a bad thing.

Think Girl Scouts, plus monsters, and quippy-ness. Not that the GS don't have quippyness. Or monsters. ;)

Totally engaging and fun and silly and adventures and juuuust a bit dark. But not necessarily a story which made me think too hard.
I lurves the gender representation here, obvs (extra gold star for that), and that's the cementing, standup-and-look-at-me awesome of this story.

The illustrations a
Blodeuedd Finland
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novel
I liked the illustrations, they were nice and cool. But, to be honest, I have no idea what happened, it felt confusing, jumpy. The story did not work for me.

Oh great, what a short review.

Ok...5 girls, I can't remember their names. One had a hat, one was cute, one was tall, one street, can't remember the next one. They are girl scouts, they find some weird paranormal stuff, stuff happens.

Anyway, good illustrations. But will not read more.
Giovanni Giunta
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mi è piaciuto un sacco! è bellissimo e sto sempre amando di più Noelle Stevenson! *-* la cosa brutta è che ne esce uno ogni morte de papa e in totale saranno 22 ma qui non è manco uscito il terzo XD (manco in America)
Ho letto che ne faranno un film, HELL YAAS!
Kimberly
A good start to the story, but I didn't realize going into it that it was just 24 pages! On to the next one.
Tamera
This comic was absolutely adorable- and a fantastic first issue! I'm hooked on the art style & character dialogue already. It's quirky & funny, I caught myself showing a friend every other page in amusement. It feels like a web comic with a modern art style that flows well from pane to pane.
La Coccinelle
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Our library needs to seriously get with the program. This is the only volume they have, even though it looks like most of the installments were published in 2014 and 2015. On its own, it's not very impressive. There are too many characters (some with weird speech affectations), and we jump into the end of the action... only to be told what happened earlier. It's an illustrated story, for goodness sake; if this isn't the place to show rather than tell, I don't know what is.

The illustrations are c
Amber Scaife
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
A group of adorably quirky girls discover that their summer camp isn't terribly normal. They, however, seem very much up to the challenge.
I loved it. The banter among the campers is fast and funny and it's easy to fall in love with all the characters immediately.
Abbie (boneseasonofglass)
I quite liked this but it seemed to end really abruptly to me, I would've liked it to have been a little longer maybe
TheYALibrarian
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
Maybe I will try to go back to this one later right now its just not interesting and way too hipster.
Jacquelyn
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Girl Scout Camp in Gravity Falls, starring five girls just as awesome as you always wished you could be.
Katie (Lost in Pages)
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'd always meant to pick this graphic novel series up, so I'm glad I finally did! The characters were all adorable and had their own individual personalities which I greatly enjoyed. I also liked the mix of supernatural creatures in a summer camp. It reminded me of my elementary school girl scout days.

I knocked off a star because there was no real connection or flow between the chapters/issues, and new stuff just kept happening randomly. I'm hoping that the next volume has a more coherent plot,
kath ♡
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first comic series I’ve started that wasn’t marvel or archie comics related and honestly I’ve been missing out. Without giving any spoilers or details away I wanna say a few things:
I love love love the relationship between all these girls, they’re all so mutually supportive, and seem to genuinely love each other. I also enjoy how they all have such differing personalities yet they all flow seamlessly together! One thing that disappointed me was that there wasn’t much backstory for th
❛jingle bell rock❜ (kayla)
I'm still recovering from an upper respiratory infection and I wasn't in the mood to read an actual book. So I decided to read a comic/graphic book. I REALLY liked this but my only complaint is that it's only 27 pages? I know there's like 49 books in the series but I wish the author would of combined it with another one. Other than that I have nothing bad to say! The illustrations were adorable, I love the characters, and it was silly enough to cheer me up. No clue if I'll check out the other bo ...more
Rubi
I am in the mood of reading more graphic novels, so this morning I decided to begin with Lumberjanes.
Mmm, I liked it but it was too short! I think I need to read the next one to get better into the story of these girls.
Delaney
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was really cute. I read it with my free trial of scribd.
Julian
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
I'll have a review up when I read up to issue five. But for now I'm gonna say that I loved this issue.
Lupine
I brought this home and two days later asked my 9yo daughter, "So did you read this one?" "YEAH. Three times already!" I think that's pretty much a rave review.
Isabel Bitterblau
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jo es mi favorita ♥ (aunque al principio pensaba que era un chico xD)
Angela
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Caroline
Nov 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
YALL!!!!! i love this!!! i just love it so much!!! its so funny and smart and amazing holy crap someone get me the next one STAT
Alexa
Dec 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This was fun and super quick to read. I'm interested and excited to find out what will happen next.
Melissa
Jan 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2018
I don’t know what’s going on, but I will check out the next issue.
Britt
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh man, this was a BLAST to read! So much fun. I love the dialogue and the artwork. The characters are so quirky and amazing. The paranormal twist and their adventures are a lot of fun to go along with. I really would like to continue on with this series!
She-Geeks: November 2015 Read: Lumberjanes #1 1 16 Nov 01, 2015 08:23PM
Bitch Team Alpha ...: Lumberjanes 4 6 Dec 02, 2014 08:55AM
IGGPPC Iggle Book...: August 2014 Graphic Novel: Lumberjanes #1 24 48 Oct 02, 2014 09:25AM
  • Ms. Marvel (2014-2015) #6
  • Lumberjanes #17
  • Bee and Puppycat #2
  • Princeless, Vol. 2: Get Over Yourself
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl (2015a) #1
  • The Adventures of Superhero Girl
  • The Shadow Hero
  • Phoebe and Her Unicorn (Heavenly Nostrils, #1)
  • Rat Queens #7
  • Pretty Deadly #1
  • The Wicked + The Divine #2
  • Baba Yaga's Assistant
Noelle Stevenson is a comic artist and freelance illustrator residing in Los Angeles, California. She published the young adult graphic novel NIMONA in 2015, which is also serialized online . She has been nominated for a Harvey Award, and was awarded the Slate Cartoonist Studio Prize for Best Webcomic in 2012. She is a graduate of the Maryland Institute College of Art and has done published work f ...more

Lumberjanes (1 - 10 of 61 books)
  • Lumberjanes #2