Start by marking “Blue and Green Should Never be Seen! (Or so Mother says)” as Want to Read:
Blue and Green Should Never be Seen! (Or so Mother says)

Blue and Green Should Never be Seen! (Or so Mother says)

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  32 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
GiGi (well, Griselda Griswald actually, but everybody calls her GiGi) is a woman with a mission: to help people improve the way they look, increase their self-esteem, and eventually, make them happier people. Being a personal shopper is a dark art, with few tangible rewards. Spread by word of mouth, her clients would never admit they needed her assistance. Not even if they ...more
Published December 24th 2014 by Skittish Endeavours

To ask other readers questions about Blue and Green Should Never be Seen!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue and Green Should Never be Seen!

Wit & Wonder Books
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
** Copy provided by the author for an honest review **

Colette Kebell’s novel Blue and Green Should Never be Seen! (Or so Mother says) is an interesting take on following your dreams.

GiGi Griswald decides that it is her life’s mission to help others improve the way they look. She sets up a fashion consultation firm and though her approach isn’t the norm, she just knows it will bring her success. People need her advice, they just don’t know it yet.

This book is not at all what I thought it would be
ItaPixie
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 4-stars

Colette Kebell made an amazing job with this novel,the writing was flowing and effortless to read I've devoured it in a couple of work days. I can't wait to read more of her works.

The heroine of this chick-lit is incredible,I envy her strength and her perseverance.
Gigi doesn't let bad news take away her joy for fashion and the pleasure her advices bring to her clients.
The work of a fashion consultant in London is not easy but with a great work ethic and a bunch of good friends (old and new) yo

Pippa Franks
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
GiGi and best friend Ritchie run a personal shopping business. GiGi's passion in life is fashion, and if she's not busy filling her already full wardrobe, she's styling her clients. Her mother is dismayed by her career choice and urges her to get a proper job. Although on the surface GiGi may come across as materialistic, she cares very much about her friends and colleagues, sacrificing a lot for them. Colette has done a fantastic job of creating a believable world with well-developed characters ...more
Emma Ingram
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book so much its one of those book once to open it from the first word you just dont want to out it down., ..
Karan Eleni
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2018
This review was originally posted on karaneleni.com

I'm not a fashionista in any stretch of the word. I buy my tennis shoes at Target and my jeans at Maurices (the same style for the past decade, at least), and my tshirts and hoodies are primarily from my favorite shows/movies (Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Friends, etc.). I love comfortable. In fact, now that I work at home, I wear sweats or pj pants on a daily basis and only have one pair of jeans that fits, nor do I care if my clothing matches if
Holly
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Originally reviewed for Bookaholic Confessions

In Blue and Green Should Never Be Seen (Or so Mother Says) we meet the fabulous GiGi. Along with her best friend Ritchie, GiGi has set up her own personal shopping business. Secretarial work and babysitting were never really ideal careers for GiGi – all her wages went on clothes anyway, so what better job to have than one of styling and buying clothes for other people?
However, it’s not all plain sailing running your own business in the cut-throat ind
Annie McDonnell
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Colette Kebell wrote a very entertaining story about how persistence in following your dreams can pay off…or not. Can one person truly “have-it-all”? Her main character, GiGi is an absolute Spit-Fire! She is truly awesome! This is a cross between, “Devil wears Prada” and “Bridget Jones’ Diary”.
GiGi loves anything and everything about fashion. She cannot get enough of top name-brand clothing, shoes and accessories. With her love of fashion, and seeing all the people in need of “fashion interventi
BestChickLit.com
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is cute as a button (a very beautiful, high-fashion button, of course). Colette Kebell has created a superstar in GiGi, our quirky, fashion-loving heroine.

After working in jobs she hates and building up credit card debts buying mountains of clothes, GiGi realises that there is only one thing she loves enough to do as a career: fashion. When a wealthy family friend enlists her to sort her wardrobe out, GiGi’s reputation as a fashion consultant to rich women quickly rises and boom! Her b
Colette Kebell
Dec 26, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Well, I cannot really rate my own book but I am very glad I have re-read it after putting so much work into it. This time it was for pleasure and although I am biased, obviously, I still love it to bits. I did spot a few things that the copy editor missed along the way, which I have now corrected. The paperback will be available shortly as well, which is very exciting.

What I shall say though is if you like/love Chick Lit, hopefully you will like this... I have three bloggers/reviewers lined up a
Patrick Mariano
Very nice book. It is funny and engaging and I found this book by chance, after seeing a post on facebook. I was thinking as a possible gift for my wife but knowing she is quite selective on her reading I thought of doing a bit of exploring.
It's fresh, permeated with sense of humor and keeps you engrossed from the beginning till the end. Worth reading.
Colette Kebell
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Just adding the paperback as only the ebook version was on here. Love the book still even though it is my own.
Rockmaniac
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meine Rezension:

Das Buch war wirklich toll und voller Fashion Informationen, die ich wirklich geliebt habe. Die Autorin hat alles sehr detailliert beschrieben und ich fühlte mich inmitten einer Fashiontour. Das hat mir wirklich sehr gut gefallen. Alles wurde schön beschrieben: die Umgebungen, die Charaktere selber und dessen Persönlichkeiten, etc. Mir gefällt generell der Schreibstil der Autorin und ich hoffe, dass ihre Bücher eines Tages auch in einem Deutschen Verlag in deutscher Sprache ersc
Un libro sul comodino
GiGi è sempre stata appassionata di moda e questa passione le dà la possibilità di fare un lavoro che ama, la Personal shopper. Insieme al suo migliore amico Ritchie apre una società di consulenza sulla moda, purtroppo le cose non vanno molto bene, ma entrambi i soci cercano di fare buon viso a cattivo gioco.
Un giorno, GiGi riceve una e-mail d'aiuto da Jasper e dopo diversi messaggi decidono di vedersi di persona, è così che GiGi scopre che lui è il proprietario del Battersea Fashion Center e le
Adele
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
This was such a fabulously, fun read from debut novelist Colette Kebell. Blue and Green Should Never Be Seen was published in 2014 and has deservedly received many 4 and 5 star reviews on amazon.

I loved Gigi’s character even though she hit a few hurdles in her pursuit of following her dream she never gave up and was committed to put in the hours and often sold her own belongings to help her reach her goal. Gigi’s dream at first sounded like she would cater for the rich and privileged but when yo
Stella Thompson
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gigi has a problem with a fashion addiction and a lack of funds to feed that addiction. She finds a away to turn her skills with fashion into a business helping wealthy clients with their own fashion choices. GiGi does all this while being criticized by her mother (if only criticizing would empower more children!).

This was a wonderful chick-lit story about persevering in the face of adversity and opening up to love at the same time.

Thank you to Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review
Jeanne Grace
I received an Advanced Reader Copy from NetGalley for my unbiased opinion of the book. GiGi has a fashion shopping addiction which she turned into a business by styling people with no fashion. It was a charming tale how good triumphs over evil. A mother who critizing GiGi at every turn which inspires her to try harder and be a major success and finds love in the process! It has drama, laughter, rich villian and a charming chef, what more could you want!
Annarella
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun to read and entertaining book. You laugh, are moved and enjoy the twists of the plot.
Really recommended.
Many thanks to Netgalley and Skittish Endeavours
Jena Henry
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“What the frock?”

Being a personal shopper is a dark art… especially when your clients don’t know that “Comfortable is Jack the Ripper of style.”

Griselda Griswald “GiGi” is an intrepid London career gal with big dreams and business knowledge gleaned from the Dragon’s Den, (Shark Tank in the U.S) She has no savings, the economy is miserable, but she knows that the most important thing is to connect with people and make them feel better about themselves.

“Could I really transform Marjorie from an
Cinzia Laviano
Feb 25, 2015
Tanvi Priya
Jan 07, 2015
Sign up for the Blue and Green Should Never be Seen! Blog Tour with Karan & Co. Author Solutions (1/29-2/4/18) 1 1 Jan 12, 2018 09:29AM
Folkestone Book Festival 22nd November 2015 1 1 Oct 14, 2015 02:44AM
Book Signing Event 1 1 Apr 06, 2015 12:42AM
Bookshop/Library Launch 1 1 Mar 13, 2015 06:53AM
  • My Mother's Wedding Dress
  • Autobiography of a Wardrobe
  • The Chic Girl's Guide to a One-of-a-Kind Wardrobe: Altering and Embellishing Hemlines, Sleeves, and More
  • Coco Chanel (Little People, Big Dreams, #1)
  • To Die For: Is Fashion Wearing Out the World?
  • 9 1/2 Narrow: My Life in Shoes
  • Women from the Ankle Down: The Story of Shoes and How They Define Us
  • The Lucky Guide to Mastering Any Style: How to Wear Iconic Looks and Make Them Your Own
  • Designer Dirty Laundry (Samantha Kidd Mystery, #1)
  • Chanel: A Woman of Her Own
  • Eccentric Glamour: Creating an Insanely More Fabulous You
  • The Lucky Shopping Manual
  • The End of Fashion: How Marketing Changed the Clothing Business Forever
  • My Mrs. Brown
  • Dead Is the New Black (Fashion Avenue Mysteries, #1)
  • Fashion Babylon
  • Nine Women, One Dress
  • The Milliner's Secret
After being a Legal Secretary for about 10 years, Colette was on the hunt to find something else that she would find just as interesting. She found that in writing and she hopes you like what you read. She loves fashion with a passion (pardon the pun) and therefore it is not surprising that her debut novel was going to follow that theme.

Her debut novel was “Blue and Green Should Never Be Seen!” w