Start by marking “2389” as Want to Read:

Grand Galaxies is the most expensive amusement park ever created, built on the surface of the moon. For a decade now, rich families and honeymooning couples have gone there to have the time of their lives, and no one has ever returned disappointed. But communication with the moon has been lost. Someone needs to go up there and see what’s wrong.

Commander ‘Boss’ Sharman is
Published March 5th 2015 by SalGad Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about 2389, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 2389

Kimberly
Jul 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: someone looking for a fun diversion--with zombies!
2389: A Space Horror Novel, by Iain Rob Wright, is more of what I'd consider to be science-fiction with a blend of zombies, and the feel of an "B-grade" movie. Set in the future, a team of cosmonauts (astronauts from the US and UK) are sent to a family "theme park" located on the moon. Communications have failed, and it's up to them to find out why.

I found this to be a fun, uncomplicated story--easy to enjoy just for the sake of it, without looking into it for "deeper" meanings. There were only
BookLoversLife
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was such fun! I mean, Zombies on the moon!! How awesome is that??

When communications between Earth and Grand Galaxies amusement park ceases, Commander ‘Boss’ Sharman and his crew are sent to investigate and see what's happened. They arrive to a seemingly abandoned park, well apart from the blood thirsty monsters shadowing their every move.

I think if you go into this with no expectations then you will enjoy it more. As I said, it's a story of Zombies on the moon! We also have Robots gone wi
Thomas Strömquist
Jul 04, 2016 marked it as dnf
DNF at 15 %. First I thought it was me, but the words of my very cool friend Matthew comforts me in the belief that's its not - it's the book.

My own author aspirations died shortly after the age of thirteen, but before that, I wrote (as school writing assignments) totally unashamed blueprint copies of the kid's books Twin detectives (yes, blueprint, they are not better than that I assure you), starring my best friend and me. The part I read in this book felt a bit like those stories.

And that w
Kaisersoze
Nov 04, 2018 rated it liked it
An extremely predictable if not unenjoyable B-grade novel following a crew of cosmonauts in the not so near future who investigate a lunar amusement park base which has ceased all contact with the outside galaxy. Cue the usual type of threat, the character with the hidden agenda, government involvement, and a resolution that even the most naive of sci-fi/horror enthusiasts will see coming 50 pages before it occurs.

2389 won't knock your socks off, but it is an easy read and one that at least show
Shawn Thornton
Apr 02, 2015 rated it liked it
This book is beyond ridiculous and that's why I enjoyed it. A group of astronauts are sent to a theme park on the moon that has been taking over by space zombies and crazed robots. This is pure b movie stuff and a easy read. Leave your brain at the first page and pick it back up at the last. Just hope it hasn't been bitten by a zombie a long the way.
Kasia
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read this a week ago on a depressingly gray, rainy Monday that I happened to be off on, what a horrific, fun adventure to be stuck on! Imagine that you’re soldier going all the way to the moon to investigate an accident on a bazillion dollar park that somehow loses every person on it out of the twenty thousand inhabitants. I was biting my nails, never mind being warm in a cozy bed! A crew is put together to assess the damage and danger to figure out how every person on this highly popular adve ...more
Ashley
Nov 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, horror
So I wouldn't call this a horror novel. More like a bit of a suspenseful space exploration novel.. with zombies. It is a fun, short read. And if you are looking for something that isn't "ridiculous," then I suggest you look elsewhere. It is a book about space zombies, after all!
Pamellia
Apr 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
Not a big fan of sci fi, but no one writes like the talented IR Wright!! Fun with twist And turns nit always predictable. This book was one of the 5 free novels Wright gives away on his web site. I would recommend this book
William Bitner Jr.
Genre - Horror/Space Travel/Zombies
Pages - 156
Publication Info - CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (March 10, 2015)
Format - Paperback
Stars - ⭐⭐⭐⭐

“2389 (A Space Horror)” by Iain Rob Wright was an interesting read. I must say it wasn’t one of my favorites though. I’ve had this in my library for a while but just hadn’t gotten around to it. I’ve read and own just about everything Iain has written and am a huge fan. This one just didn’t hit the mark for me. The writing was good and the stor
Cheryl
Oct 15, 2017 rated it liked it
"Great! Frikkin' space zombies. Are you kidding me?"

And therein lies the start, the middle and the end of what is a glorious romp of a read, playing not unlike a schlock B grade movie. And sometimes they're the best aren't they?

A space opera/SciFi fan I ain't (what am I saying? I luurve Battlestar Galactica!) and although this was touted as a horror novel, I don't think it comes under that genre either. Gross, action packed and entertaining - it ticks all those boxes. Sometimes we don't need the
Christina  Torretta
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I haven’t read as many of Iain Rob Wright’s books as I really want to, but with this being one of his, my expectations were high! His stuff is always filled with some blood and gore and lots of screaming. A LOT of screaming.

To be perfectly honest, if I was in one of his books, I would scream too, so I don’t begrudge any of these characters. The poor guys.

Full review coming to Ruffdayreviews.com for 13 weeks of Summer Horror.
Daniel
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Generic sci-fi zombie horror that brings nothing new to the table. Forgettable.
Ashley
Jul 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
This book had a hard time keeping my attention, even though I enjoyed uncovering the mystery of the moon-based amusement park. Overall, it was a decent story but lacked the atmosphere to really grab you.
Joan
I was hoping for a deep, psychological horror story which gave me sleepless moments. Instead I got schlock horror interspersed with crass humour and boring zombies. This could have been great. It wasn't.
Needed serious proofreading in places.

One star for the story. I adored the cover though!
Geoff
Feb 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Good story, good characters, but as I always notice with this author, needs a good editor.
Sunshine✰✰✰
“Great! Frikkin' space zombies. Are you kidding me?” Hahaha! I think that sums up this book. It was a great short book that was non-stop. You never can trust the government.....
Andre
You'd think that this far into the future they would be a bit more careful around zombies? 😁

Another lovely pulp zombie novel from Iain Rob Wright.

Support the author on Patreon and get his books for free!
Brandon
Sep 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Space zombies in a lunar amusement park. Love the concept, but it fell short of being what it could have been. Not poorly written, but it just lacked anything special to make it stand out. It was almost your typical standard scary story/movie storyline, predictable but not corny at least.
Rachel McKitterick
My mind just kept drifing. I felt it needed more story at the beginning. A great idea though, a theme park, in space, and a horror story....yes yes and yes again. Unfortunately it just wasnt enough. Im not sure if I want to give this another try someday, but im open to the idea.
Cade Carvell
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great book

I thought it would be like a b movie, korny and full. I was very pleased to see that it was the opposite.
Todd Oliver
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was great! Space zombies!!! Great concept for a story. I loved it! I almost wish it was a bit longer. The narrator did a great job with the different voices and accents!
Anadarko52
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Trite

Can't give this novel a good score. It was like a bad sci fi movie. Silly plot. No character development.
Nannette
Nov 22, 2015 added it
Shelves: reviewed
My original 2389: A Space Horror Novel audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

This was my first introduction to the writing of Ian Rob Wright and narration of Nigel Patterson. It was a voyage of discovery. 2389: A Space Horror Novel is a relatively short listen, just under four hours. It is, as the title suggests, set in the future. And what a great setting, the Moon.

The setup of the story is great. A select group of cosmonauts (astronauts from multiple nations) are
Jordan Anderson
Another reviewer mentioned that this was a good mashup of the sci-fi of Ridley Scott, the horror of zombies, and the happiest place on Earth: Disneyland. Although I feel that parts of this were more of a rip-off of Isaac Asimov, rather than that of Scott, the description is an apt one.

On the surface, it seems like it could be a good combination, and had this been original or even a bit less formulaic, it might have been deserving of more stars. Unfortunately, while this may be Wright's newest no
Lynda
Sep 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books, horror, suspense
Navigational officer Alexis Sharman knew something was up with the urgent, unplanned mission to Grand Galaxy Amusement Park on the moon. Unable to contact the sprawling tourist attraction with thousands of people in attendance signaled a real concern. The presence of a top ace pilot, marines and her father, commander James Sharman suggested this was not a simple errand as she was led to believe. Within minutes of arriving at their destination, the group noticed local communications failed, no gr ...more
Johnny
Aug 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, own-it
Joanne
May 11, 2016 rated it liked it
The US and Britain built the largest amusement park in existence on the moon. It is a huge attraction and 20,000 people are there at any given time. This time, something has gone wrong and Earth lost contact with the park. They send a team of "cosmonauts" to find out what happened (why are they called cosmonauts and not astronauts if they are from the US and Britain?).

The team contains the usual characters--hot-shot pilot, computer whiz, commander, and commander's daughter. What they find when t
Matthew Andrus
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In space no one can here your scream, oh wait wrong story let's rewind back!

No seriously this is another classic by Wright who just keeps churning out these brilliantly drawn uniquely original horror stories if you haven't read any of his books yet them I urge you too and you won't be disappointed.

2389 is set in the near future where the most imaginative and exclusive theme park is only 3hours away ON THE SURFACE OF THE MOON! A team of cosmonauts are set to Grand Galaxy theme park when communic
Nogueira
Sep 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, ebooks
There's something going wrong on the moon... all communication between Earth and the 'Grand Galaxies' amusement park on the Moon is shut down! A small team is sent to see what's going on and soon discovers a nightmare scenario... the robots have been hacked and transformed in killing machines and all the guests of the park turned into Space Zombies... well, maybe not all, someone survived...

A very nice novel (the first I read from Iain Rob Wright) with lots of thrills and twists (and yes, some o
The Grim Reader
May 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Can do better.

I love Iain Rob Wright. The Final Winter, Ravage, Savage and particularly The Picture Frame were all reads that I love. This one just didn't quite hit the spot for me. I really liked the premise for it but I felt it just turned into a mash of lots of other films. I am a bit over zombies now and this didn't add anything new to the genre either. It's a sit and read in one session and the pacing is good. Characters are ok and there is a nice little twist at the end. If you are new to
  • ALTAR
  • Valley Of Death, Zombie Trailer Park
  • Sparrow Rock
  • Remains
  • Dead Leaves: 9 Tales from the Witching Season
  • The New Gothic: Don't Embrace the Darkness. Fear It.
  • Blister
  • The Customer Is Always...
  • The Disembodied
  • Siege of Station 19
  • I Never Believed in Ghosts Until . . .
  • INFECTED: Will YOU Survive the Zombie Apocalypse? (Click Your Poison, #1)
  • Wakening the Crow
Iain Rob Wright is one of the UK's most successful horror and suspense writers, with novels including the critically acclaimed, THE FINAL WINTER; the disturbing bestseller, ASBO; and the wicked screamfest, THE HOUSEMATES.

His work is currently being adapted for graphic novels, audio books, and foreign audiences. He is an active member of the Horror Writer Association and a massive animal lover.

Chec