Start by marking “Diverging Cadence (Cadence, #2)” as Want to Read:
Diverging Cadence (Cadence, #2)

Diverging Cadence

(Cadence #2)

When Cadence Anderson woke to find her husband and infant daughter had been killed, she thought her life was over. Instead, she was offered a second chance and sent back in time to do it all again.

She’s made the most of this opportunity, repairing her relationship with the best friend she lost the first time, avoiding the romantic mistakes she made originally, and even br
Paperback
Published by REUTS Publications, LLC. (first published August 25th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Diverging Cadence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diverging Cadence

Aditi
“Regrets begin the moment we're comfortable with settling.”

----Andrena Sawyer

Katie Hamstead, an Australian author, has penned a heart wrenching tale of love and second chances in her book, Diverging Cadence which is the second book in the Cadence series. This book unfolds the story of a woman who lost her family in an earthquake, following which she gets an opportunity to go back in time in her high school days and make amends for her lost family, thereby falling in love with a guy who is not
Kate's Corner
My review from book 1:

Between finishing book 1 and before starting book 2 my feelings were all over the place. I wanted to read book 2 but equally I didn’t want to read it because I loved James.

In the end I took a leap and started reading it. I was quite antsy about it to be honest.

This is a very emotional book and I strongly suggest that you don’t read it in public. I thought that I wouldn’t like Austin and Cadence as a couple but they were great toget
Lauren (My Expanding Bookshelf)
Oh my God! This book was just... I have never felt so emotionally invested in a book in months. I bawled my eyes out and it wasn't pretty. But it was awesome!

Diverging Cadence is a brilliant continuation of Cadence's story and begins exactly where Deceptive Cadence finished. Cadence is starting college and can't wait to re-meet Austin. Once again the story is told via Cadence's perspective. The reader is right in the heart of her confusion and it is really frustrating and an emotional rollerco
Jen La Duca
Diverging Cadence is the second book and conclusion to the Cadence Series by author Katie Hamstead. I absolutely loved the first book, Deceptive Cadence but will honestly admit that I was both excited and terrified to read its conclusion! At the end of the first book I had such mixed feelings on where I wanted Hamstead to take the story and how I wanted it all to end. Who should Cadence end up with? I was so swept up in the romance between her and James that throughout the majority of the first ...more
Sue
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a very enjoyable sequel to the first book Deceptive Cadence.

Once again, I was completely engaged in the storyline, following Cadence through her emotional turmoil of loving two men in her life and having to choose only one. And once again, this book is full of happiness, sadness, inspiration, loss, heartbreak, romance and drama.

I felt there was a little predictability with the plot but there was also a huge twist at the end that I didn’t see coming.

I love the author’s writing, it’s easy
Stacey Kym
ARC kindly provided by Katie Hamstead via YA Bound Book Tours in exchange for an honest review.

Review

‘Diverging Cadence’ is the last novel in the 'Cadence' duology and one I couldn't be happier to read. After the great FIVE STAR first novel 'Deceptive Cadence' I had high hopes and great expectations for this sequel. I am so EXTREMELY glad that the author chose to do a duology; I don’t know how I would have survived if she didn’t.
'Diverging Cadence' starts right where 'Deceptive Cadence

Rochelle
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, aussie-author
#As this is the second book in this duology it will contain spoilers for book one, but not this book. If you are wondering if you should read the first book, yes, you should. If you love romances, especially of the epic kind, this one is for you.

Cadence Anderson has been given a second chance to go back and relive her life as a teen, in order to change events that led to the death of her husband and child.
In Deceptive Cadence, we saw her go through high school and fall in love with James, a boy
Sandra
**An electronic copy of the book was provided by netgalley in exchange for an honest review.**

Before Reading: I was dying to get my hands on this book, so when I saw it was available on Netgalley I immediately requested. Then I spent days obsessively checking my library to see if my request was approved. The moment it showed up I dropped everything just to read it.

My Thoughts:

Diverging Cadence, book 2 in the Cadence series, takes us right back to where it all ended in Deceptive Cadence. Theref
Jeannie Zelos
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Diverging Cadence, Cadence 2,   Katie Hamstead

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre:  Romance, New Adult

I loved the first book, but was gutted that it was a two part instalment. I HATE waiting for sequels, find I lose the momentum. I had to reread the last few chapters of that one before starting this just to remember where we left Cadence and what was happening. Its not that long ago I read it  but I read a lot...

So Cadence is off to W. Australia, other side of the country where she me
Leslie
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Like I mentioned in the review of the first book, I'm going to be so random and all over the place with these reviews. I just cannot even handle all the thoughts running through my head. This story is so original.

This book was everything. I'm not even kidding. I feel the pace was a bit faster and I know that some people were upset because she was back and forth so many times but really, what would you do? She's completely in love with BOTH men. How is that a choice to be taken lightly? I abso
Kisa Whipkey
Diverging Cadence picks up where Deceptive Cadence leaves off, but not in typical sequel fashion, where you’re quickly brought up to speed even if you missed the first book. No, to truly experience the emotional roller coaster that is this series, you have to read both, and preferably back to back. Together, the duo create a traditional narrative arc, with Diverging Cadence being the latter, more appropriately tense, climatic portion. And trust me, the emotional pay-off of reading the series in ...more
Aimie
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
In this novel we start off where the Deceptive Cadence left off, with Cadence leaving James Gordon to go to a University not only further away from him but also to find Austin and get her husband and daughter back in order to save their lives.

It was quiet heartbreaking to read. Book one, Decpetive Cadence, in comparison was much easier to read then book two, Diverging Cadence. To be frank, I started to hate Cadence when it came to the way she acted towards James. I felt that she acted like there
Sharon Bayliss
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This is one of those stories I wish I had thought of. :D The plot is genius. It's heartbreaking and inspiring, and weird and familiar at the same time. As a wife and mother, I identified with Cadence and believed her struggle.

My husband is my soulmate now, but were we born soulmates? If life turned out just slightly differently for me, I imagine that I could have fallen in love with someone else. Or, perhaps not. Maybe we would have taken a different road to find each other, but have found
Candice
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs-and-earcs
Diverging Cadence is the sequel to Katie Hamstead's Deceptive Cadence. In this stunning conclusion, I was aboslutely thrilled. Tears were falling freely, and I was just so overwhelmed by the ending.

In Diverging Cadence, it begins where the first book left off. Cadence is starting to re-live her adult life; she's falling in love, she's going off to school. With her new circumstances, she faces new challenges. Who is she going to choose? Will she choose the path that leads to her husband and daugh
Alexandra
Aug 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Review originally posted on *Milky Way of Books*

"Diverging Cadence" is the second and final book on this magical series by Katie Hamstead! In book 1 Cadence's choices led her family and friends in different, better choices. Now, she must choose between Austin and James, the love she knows and the love she found in her second chance.

The story spans months in the college life of Cadence. She gets to change some of her choices there too and as a result she gets to know Austin earlier. There are man
Beth
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you read my review of “Deceptive Cadence,” the first book of this duo, you would know that I wasn’t really sold on the concept of this story at first.. but in the end, it really sucked me in. So much so that I pre-ordered this sequel and basically devoured it in 24 hours.

There was no mental hump for me to get over for enjoying this book – in fact, if you stuck with “Deceptive Cadence” and enjoyed it, it’s safe to say that you will love the conclusion. I kept thinking to myself, “This can’t p
Geraldine
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Read my full review and breakdown of the rating at Corralling Books
Excellent:
- JAMES <3
- Austin - and that plot twist with him~
- Writing style was easy to read, like the previous book~! :)
- Fanfictioney feels~

Things that could have been better:
- Cadence as a character and her decisions - I didn't agree with her choices and her agonisation was annoying to read
- A really perfect ending - wrapped up too neatly for me

Rating: 4 stars
Peggy
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**SPOILER FREE**

And we pick up from the first book in the series... This book taking you deeper into the story. Giving you so much more. This book is well written, doesn't leave you dwindling with trying to get into it, it will captivate you right from the beginning! Can't wait to see what more this author has coming!

*Received for an honest review*
Connie
I enjoyed the first book so much, I purchased this one to see if Cadence made the right decision. She did but it took too long for her to make up her mind. Way too much running back and forth between Austin and James! I loved the "angel" in this story. But more than that Cadence's family and friends are laugh-out-loud, over the top loving and supportive. Nicely Done!
Katie Hamstead
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Book 2 of Cadence
Katherine Paschal
Book 2 picks up right where book 1 left off, with Cadence having left her family and James behind to attend college across the country where she can resume the life she had previously lost with her future husband. Cadence throws herself into college life, making the same friends she had before so her life could be what she remembered. When she meets Austin the second time, she feels just as drawn to him as she had before. But her feelings for James still exist, and she has hard choices to make.

I
Kristyn - Reading to Unwind
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was a little hesitant once I started to read the second book. I feel in love with James from the first book and the second book focuses more on Cadence's relationship with Austin and how it began. I started to not like Cadence at all for leading on James and I was on the same page as her family and friends she should be with James. Half way through I was like if she choices Austin I am not going to be able to finish this book, but I am so glad that I finished the book and couldn't put it down ...more
Kelly
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you haven’t read the first book, this won’t make any sense.

I have to admit it took me a while to get to the second book. I didn't want to see what she chose! I wanted to read these books to see if given the chance would my choices be different? I hadn’t thought that it would be a love triangle once the second book started. This is where she meets her future husband again. I didn’t want her to meet him again. I actually had to put it down several times and do something else. I couldn’t believe
Jackie Garcia
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cadence has made it through high school and now it is on to university. Which school to go to? The pull of a second chance, so many thing to correct in her in her relationships. How to know if you are doing the right thing or not?
Rummy
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
What I loved about the first book didn't continue into the second book. I kept reading because I wanted to find out what happened at the end.
N.N. Light
Jun 02, 2017
Egle
rated it did not like it
Feb 28, 2016
LeRoy W Borton Jr
rated it it was ok
Apr 10, 2016
Jodi
Feb 10, 2016
Born and raised in Australia, Katie's early years of day dreaming in the "bush," and having her father tell her wild bedtime stories, inspired her passion for writing.
After graduating High School, she became a foreign exchange student where she met a young man who several years later she married. Now she lives in Arizona with her husband, daughters, and their dogs.
She has a diploma in travel and t

Cadence (2 books)
  • Deceptive Cadence (Cadence, #1)