Start by marking “Shopping for a Billionaire Box Set One (Shopping for a Billionaire, #1-5)” as Want to Read:
Shopping for a Billionaire Box Set One (Shopping for a Billionaire, #1-5)

Shopping for a Billionaire Box Set One

(Shopping for a Billionaire #1-5)

Ever meet a hot billionaire while your hand's in a toilet in the men's room of one of his stores?

No? So it really is just me. Hmm.

When you're a mystery shopper, you get paid to humiliate yourself, all in the name of improving customer service. Romance isn't in my job description. But the day I met Declan McCormick it was love at first flush.
Until I nearly castrated him
Published January 28th 2015 by Prosaic Publishing (first published January 9th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Shopping for a Billionaire Box Set One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shopping for a Billionaire Box Set One

Start your review of Shopping for a Billionaire Box Set One (Shopping for a Billionaire, #1-5)
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog

Review at Of Pens and Pages.

Shopping for a Billionaire is a laugh out loud romance series with OTT antics, Turdmobiles, jealous exes, mothers with boundary issues, and friends who are always there to help.

Would you consider meeting the love of your life in the men's roomyour hand in a toiletas a meet-cute? Because that's exactly how mystery shopper Shannon Jacoby met almost billionaire Declan McCormack. The second meeting isn't exactly the best either, but despite the weird encounters, Declan
JBird831
I was really hoping to like this box set, but Shannon's inner dialogue was way too much for me... Too descriptive if you can even imagine that, and just couldn't really connect with the characters... Declan for the most part was a good boyfriend and I liked the way he made Shannon feel confident and sexy but his reasons for staying away was BS!!! Wasn't feeling that reason and felt like it was a cop out... Shannon took him back way too quickly without making him work for it... I enjoyed her ...more
Theresa
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The author just tried TOO hard...

The female protagonist, Shannon, is one of the most hapless characters I've ever read and that haplessness plays out in a wasteland of frenetic slapstick that was only occasionally funny. The sheer volume of falls, social blunders, embarrassing objects that fall out of her purse or pocket is ridiculous and conversations about her personal hygiene and parents' sex lives is frenetic and overwhelming. The author does have a good sense of the female psyche especially
Elaine
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have not laughed so hard at a sexy hot book in a long time. Or at least until I read the last Julia Kent books. OMG. Shannon and Declan are amazing together. I love them. I love that Shannon has a crazy freaking family, and her mother is over the top and the secret that comes out about her past is effing fabulous. Like too much to gather. But I love it. Steve is an ass. Just like Todd. I so see how Marie went the other way with her husband and it is so sweet and caring. But these books are ...more
 Spanxmcb (Yovanka)
This was a lot of fun! I found myself laughing out loud on multiple occasions and highlighting memorable passages!

Better than your typical fluff, but comes with all the trappings of a classic billionaire romance. I am a new fan of Julia Kent's!

A nice light and fun read to keep me out of my book slump!
Mary
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Awful

I can't believe I read as much of this as I did. It is full of stereotypes of unpleasant people with absolutely no boundaries. I got sucked in with a couple of funny lines but the story goes nowhere - VERY slowly! A total waste of time and money.
Mae Wood
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love a comedic romance and this collection (nominally 5 novellas, but truly one story) is perfect. I laughed. Out loud. At 11pm. In bed. Husband now knows I'm nuts. Great read if you love romantic comedy. This "meet cute" is one to remember.
Sue
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
This is truly I Love Lucy in print, the things that go on could only happen in fiction (Film or written), enjoyed it with the same guilty pleasure as I did with Lucy. Great fun.
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers
My first impression was, Whoa, she has a way with making the oddest analogies. I like it. I found myself laughing quite a bit. I generally am not a big fan of comedy but I think my mind has changed recently. This is a romantic comedy and since its a boxed set it was pretty long at about 671 pages give or take for kindle conversion. This book was witty and filled with sarcastic dialogue. I love dialogue! You have no idea. Its like my kryptonite. Other people love action scenes or romance or ...more
Jenny - Book Sojourner
I am so glad that Julia Kent combined these five novellas into this one 'Shopping for a Billionaire' collection. Once I finished one part, I immediately jumped into the next. I stayed up until 3am at one point because I needed a certain situation to resolve and I didn't want to go to sleep until it did. So needless to say, this series hooked me.

If you don't like a lot of humor - and when I say humor, I mean slapstick, awkward, over-the-top comedy - then this might not be for you. But I loved it!
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁

description description description description

description
Ginger Snaps
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've had this book set on my Kindle for a really long time and never read it before now because I thought it was about a girl who was shopping for a billionaire in that she was someone who was shallow, looking for a man with a big pocketbook. BOY WAS I WRONG.

First of all, the female protagonist is a Mystery Shopper. Her company gets hired by another company (whose owners are billionaires) and that's where the name comes from and when the romance starts. But this book is so funny. Everything
Bette Stanek
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a series of five novellas packed into one book. Its pure brain candy, pure entertainment, pure hilarity. Think I Love Lucy in a modern day setting. Shannon Jacoby is the perfect Lucy, her sidekick is her entire family. Declan is a billionaire Desi with alpha tendencies and a family that is as different from Shannons as night is from day. The novellas keep getting better as you read. The first one had funny moments and dialog, but it didnt have me laughing out loud. By the time I was into ...more
Sharon Kallenberger Marzola
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: funny-light-read
Shopping for a Billionaire Boxed Set is just what I needed. I find myself trapped in the dark and this set gave me a lot of laugh out loud moments. A good romance, a little angst, and a good story.

Needless to say, Declan McCorrmick receives some virtual slaps a few times and his father receives a lot of virtual screams but Shannon only received one "dumb mistake" comment as I was reading.

The reason I rated this as 4 stars is the box set seems to slow a little when I reached book three. That
Isha Coleman
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Audiobook Review: Shopping for a Billionaire Collection 1-5 by: Julia Kent (Author), Tanya Eby (Narrator)

Kent brings her sense of humor and heart to the Shopping for the Billionaire Series. Shannon are Declan are far from perfect when it comes to falling in love. When instant attraction spirals out of control this mismatched pair have to decide if they're the right fit. The magic of this series is that we get to see the characters flaws and experience the insecurities that dogged them. Through
Tina
Aug 22, 2019 rated it liked it
In Shopping for a billionaire Shannon works as a mystery shopper and therefore has to observe and test customer service. Shannon is really clumsy so it's only natural that she meets Declan in the mans bathroom while her hand is stuck in the toilet.

The beginning of this book was really hard to read, as everything was described in so much detail. I almost stoped reading because it took so long. But I read on and after some time I really got into the story. There were still some things that didn't
Gemma Weir
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
This boxset gets a solid 3.5-4 stars.

The story is old school chick lit, sweet, funny and at time sexy it was a easy light escape from the darker reads that are saturating the romance genre at the minute.

At times I laughed out loud at the hilarious one liners and bizarre situations. But the funny was sometimes overshadowed by the cringeworthy slapstick mishaps. The first few were funny but by the end of the boxset the idea of Shannon flashing her bits, tits or being assaulting by a sex toy had
Yana
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So worth it. These books are so addicting and (I feel like I am about to say this for the 100th time but there is just no other way to describe it) hilarious!
The amount of absurd situations our Shannon and Declan (but especially Shannon) manage to fond themselves in are astounding and so so much entertaining!
Once you start reading these I am sure you will not be able to stop.
I read the first two separately so here is the individual ratings for books 3-5:
- Shopping for a Billionaire #3 - 5/5
 ♡ One Click Romance ♡
I have laughed so much

he author This was perfect.
It's a book you need to read. It's funny with characters everyone can relate to, a down to earth billionaire and a size 16 FMC who is a hot mess in a cute way. She's all over the place but she's real, she's fecking awesome. And, she's my first book girl crush!
I'll definitely look into whatever else she has written because this book right here sold me on her.
Solmarie
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was gifted a complimentary copy of this boxed set in exchange for an honest review. I read and reviewed these as each individual book came out so please bear this in mind as your reading this review.

Book #1 Shopping for a Billionaire

This one had me laughing from start to finish. When Shannon Jacoby is forced to do 9 jobs as a Mystery Shopper at the last minute she doesn't really think about what she looks like as she literally runs out the door. Hair a mess.. check. Mismatched shoes ... check.
Kathi
Jan 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Yes, it took me quite a while to finish this boxed set, but just because I refused to finish the last book in it! Shopping for a Billionaire by Julia Kent includes five books and is about Shannon who is a mystery shopper. During one of her mystery shops she meets Declan, while her hand was stuck in a men's toilet. Shannon is super clumsy and often awkward, but both of them fall deeply for each other. And their journey goes on with many ups and downs.

I read the first four books within a few days
Cali Jewel
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shopping for a Billionaire

If you are looking for a lough out loud fun romantic time, look no further. I was hooked from chapter one of this read and could not stop reading for anything (much to my husbands frustration) was so much fun reading about Shannon Jacoby meets billionaire Declan McCormick I am so looking forward to the next story.

Shopping for a Billionaire 2

Shannon and Declan's continuing story is so fun to read and I just love all the little things that get tossed at them along their
Jen Jen
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book had me cracking up laughing. It's a great story. The humor it brings, had me laughing throughout the book. I'm glad I bought the box set. I didn't care that each book was short and went to the next book, but at the end it was everything I expected.

Marketing girl aka Mystery Shopper finds billionaire, and falls in love, but what this book brings is the humor, most stories tend to leave out.

Instead of making families seem well put together, this story, makes a typical family,
Heather andrews
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love this author I always try tonight her books, I enjoy them so much there's always humor, love and great times. Declan he's a sexy man, "he leans down, hot breath tickling my ear, blowing lightly on the strands of hair that escape my up-do. Ive been thinking about you all morning, he rasps." I loved him so much that I wanted to jump his bones, "he nuzzles my neck. A woman who knows her Russian literature, he murmurs. Thats hot." He likes to prove things to his woman, "Im all man, Shannon. ...more
Amy
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
These are hysterical! Julia Kent has a fabulous way with making conversations real. The characters have conversations that happen just as I have them with my friends and family. How's that you ask? The deep convos about silliness, sarcastic, how they end up going off on a tangent from one minor comment, two or three convos at same time that some find hard to keep up and that one comment that is always badly timed as one person walks in, hears it and a) can't believe what he just heard, b) why ...more
Pamela
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say....this box set had me laughing out loud to the point of tears at some of the things that Declan and Shannon face... lets see we have Hot Guy...Toliet Girl...a cat that seems to be more human than animal and don't get me started on her mother...I loved this series and while I read them individually you are all lucky to get the first five books together...take a chance and read this series you will not be disappointed..trust me on this one! I can't wait for the next part in this ...more
Janey
Oct 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a very slapstick romance, loads of comedy moments and embarrassing situations, loved Declan he was like a Disney prince, Shannon's dream man. Sweet stories all wrapped up in a lovely box set...however I was more interested in the family characters, Shannon's sisters Carol and Amy plus Declan's brothers Terrance and Andrew, do we get to hear more about them??... One last thing Shannon's mum is an absolute nightmare!!, sheesh talk about TMI!!
Trillian Anderson
Quite possibly my favourite book.

I really have a twisted sense of humour, and this book hit my funny bone in so many ways. I loved the characters, their family, the way they interacted, the problems they faced, and Shannon's hilarious perspective.

This book was so much fun, and I really liked the romance between the two, the challenges they faced, and the way both of them react in refreshing and entertaining ways.

Really fun stuff.
Kim
Apr 13, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute & outrageous

This was a funny but cute story that most times was outrageous. I did enjoy the book but started skipping lines when it started to drift into outrageous off subject babble. It babbled so much you just wanted to say, " get on with the story already". There were some funny situations but moved into ridiculous when so much craziness kept happening. Ok read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• The Do-Over
  • Don't Speak (A Modern Fairytale #5)
  • Holiday Ever After
  • Five Years Gone
  • Christmas in the City
  • The Neighbor
  • An Innocent Thanksgiving (Holiday Heat #2)
  • Stateless (Stateless, #1)
  • Divorced, Desperate and Deceived (Divorced and Desperate #3)
  • Valentines Days & Nights
  • The Darkest Hour (Surrender, #4)
  • Holiday Heat
  • VIP (Billionaire Bachelors, #1)
  • Dirty Beginnings (Dirty Games Duet, #1; Dirty Duet, #1; Dirty Sweet, #1)
  • Meant For You (Sexy Flirty Dirty, #4)
  • Famous (Quantum, #8)
  • Annihilate Me: Holiday
  • Hottie Lumberjack (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #4)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Julia Kent writes romantic comedy with an edge. Since 2013, she has sold more than 2 million books, with 5 New York Times bestsellers and more than 21 appearances on the USA Today bestseller list. Her books have been translated into French and German, with more titles releasing in 2020.

From billionaires to BBWs to new adult rock stars, Julia finds a

Shopping for a Billionaire (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Shopping for a Billionaire (Shopping for a Billionaire, #1)
  • Shopping for a Billionaire 2 (Shopping for a Billionaire, #2)
  • Shopping for a Billionaire 3 (Shopping for a Billionaire, #3)
  • Shopping for a Billionaire 4 (Shopping for a Billionaire, #4)
  • Christmas Shopping for a Billionaire (Shopping for a Billionaire, #5)
  • Shopping for a Billionaire's Fiancee (Shopping for a Billionaire, #6)
  • Shopping for a CEO (Shopping for a Billionaire, #7)
  • Shopping for a Billionaire's Wife (Shopping for a Billionaire, #8)
  • Shopping for a CEO's Fiancée (Shopping for a Billionaire #9)
  • Shopping for an Heir (Shopping for a Billionaire #10; Inheritance #9)