Start by marking “Un nuevo comienzo (Los muertos vivientes, #22)” as Want to Read:
Un nuevo comienzo (Los muertos vivientes, #22)

Un nuevo comienzo

(The Walking Dead (Collected Editions) #22)

Desde sus inicios, el cómic se convirtió en superventas. Su repercusión hizo se adaptara para TV en 2010. El éxito tampoco se resistió y la serie es un auténtico fenómeno de masas. Planeta Cómic edita el cómic desde 2005. Así, este 2015 se cumplen 10 años de nuestra edición en España.
Published March 3rd 2015 by Planeta Cómic (first published November 5th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Un nuevo comienzo, please sign up.
Jim C If you have access to a library they might carry them. My library system has these on kindle and I can download them to read.

Start your review of Un nuevo comienzo (Los muertos vivientes, #22)
Jeff
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comix
Just when I assumed the TV show had creatively eclipsed the comic book, Robert Kirkman pulls a stunner out of his hat.

The story takes place several years (?) after the last volume, with our group finally getting some traction on living a somewhat normal life. The group has slowly built itself back up to something resembling a society and Rick is the “Man”. All is good and getting better. Or so you would have thought.

Along the way, Kirkman drops veiled hints as to which direction the story might
Alejandro
The Waking Dead is back once again in this third compendium!

This is the twenty-second volume of “The Walking Dead", collecting the comic book issues from #127 to #132.

Creative Team:

Writer: Robert Kirkman

Illustrators: Charlie Adlard

Additional gray tones to inking: Cliff Rathburn

Chapter Twenty-Two

A NEW BEGINNING

It was the dead. They were speaking.

The war was over since some time ago...

...you have a “time jump” in the narrative of the story and all the communities are thriving...

Sesana
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, comics
Guys. The Walking Dead is compelling again. I was expecting... basically nothing. For the past five volumes, the quality has been steadily decreasing for me. Concept fatigue, maybe, for both me and Kirkman. But this truly is a new beginning, in many ways, and although many of the old characters are still around, this is the fresh start that this book desperately needed.

Some time has passed between the last volume and this one. How long? I'm not sure, but it's been several years. Rick has
Trudi

This is the turning point us zombified Dead Heads have been waiting for -- a genuinely new beginning, not just the illusion of one immediately undone by human depravity and Rick Grimes assholery.

A few years have past. We have actual thriving communities now. More than one! Fresh baked bread is happening! Can I get a hallelujah people? Community members are trading goods and favors and working together and sleeping with both eyes closed at night. Children are playing, carefree and silly.
Crystal Starr Light
Bullet Review:

The FIRST and so far ONLY Walking Dead trade I've given 5-stars. Despite the fact that "hole in head" Carl still miraculously lives. THAT should tell you how much I liked this.

Set some years in the future, life is going good until 5 newcomers appear. This sparks a chain reaction with HUGE HUGE new revelations.

Although the time jump was confusing, SO GLAD Kirkman did this. SUPERB MOVE. Now we can get about to some new stuff - and the looks of it, it is EXCITING.
Raeleen Lemay
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON
Melki
Harmony and understanding
Sympathy and trust abounding

Negan is finally vanquished (or at least contained).

Yee-haw! It's the dawning of a new Utopia.

Behold two shiny, happy communities where all is right with the world. Every lawn is devoted to growing space, there's a chicken in every pot and livestock in every yard.

There's even time to relax and enjoy a sunset, for crying out loud!

BUT . . .

It now appears the dead have learned a new trick.

SURPRISE! It's the dawning of a whole new
Sam Quixote
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You know what The Walking Dead needs? Captions. Not a lot, just a couple. Like at the start of this volume, maybe mention that this is taking place one, two, maybe three years after the last book? It’s a small thing but it’d be really handy to have.

So some time has passed since Rick defeated Negan and the communities of Hilltop, the Kingdom, and Rick’s place, known as Alexandria, have thrived and developed into safe havens. Hole-in-the-head-yet-still-alive-for-some-reason Karl has grown into a
Artemy
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy crap! What was that?!
I really like the new status quo, with the farm and the newly established community. The time jump was a good idea, and the new characters are sort of a wild card, they could go either way. But what was that finale?! I am super intrigued by that! Is that actually a new and fresh idea from Kirkman? I guess we'll see! But so far, this was probably the TWD volume I enjoyed the most, and the first one that gets five stars from me. Now that's an achievement!
Stepheny
Ya know something? I love these. The Walking Dead was one of the first comic books I ever read in my life and there is a special place in my heart for it. I see a lot of people complaining that Kirkman is recycling his ideas and I can see that....to an extent.

Sure, there are some volumes that are better than others, but I love the characters, the story, the world...and I really love that no one is ever safe. Ever.

This one was unchartered territory. Given the name A New Beginning and where the
Dave
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story arc following the all-out war moves so far into the future that it almost feels like a new series. This chapter of the story is now ahead of where the television series has got to.
Becky
Whaaaaaaaaaaat? Halloween already??

Things are all looking up and stuff, and apparently it's been a good two years. Jesus had a man-bun, Rick head a new limp and a hook, Carl is all grown up. Though it really seems like his scars have gotten worse, not better. Someone needs to make that boy a patch. Those glasses are not working.

Anyway, this was a slow volume of near utopian daily life. Until the last few pages. Something is up...
Andrew Reed
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was really surprising to see the jump ahead in time. Maggie already had her baby. Rick has developed as a leader for an entire community. He's basically viewed as a president. The whole thing with "The Whisperers" is really fucking weird and creepy. I can't wait to learn about them. My biggest question right now is WHERE THE FUCK IS MICHONNE?!
Anna
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopia, adventure
new beginnings and my new addictive read! Some time after the events of the previous battles, life goes on as normal as possible; our heroes have found their place in the world, trades and product exchanges are also valid and peace seems possible at last.

But are they really done from all problems?
Ilana
Now that peace reigns, with the dangerous sociopath Negan safely behind bars and the communities thriving under Rick’s rule, there is even spare time to do something as ordinary as watching a sunset. But is there really another kind of walking dead with the ability to speak in whispers?
Gabby
Wow so this volume jumps a couple years ahead. Carl is much older, Maggie has had the baby, and Negan has been rotting in Alexandria's prison for some time now.. It's nice to see people living without fear again, and being productive and restarting civilization. I kind of hate the fact that Rick seems so old and unable to take care of himself now though. I just miss badass Rick. I actually like the new group they brought in, lead by Manga. I feel like they can trust her and she gets a good read ...more
Melissa
Wow, the last page of this is so wrong. I actually shrieked a little when I saw it. I'm pleasantly surprised to find that I quite look forward to what's going to come from this (view spoiler).
Anthony
Sep 29, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: image
Ahhhh, THE ENDING!

To be honest, it's better than the alternative of it being the thing you think it might actually be.
Emma
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one was quite different- interesting to see a community thriving and expanding so effectively. Meanwhile there are disturbing developments among the zombies- or are they?
Darren Hagan
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**No spoilers**

I really loved this volume so effing much. It's set a few years after the previous one and it felt like I was discovering the walking dead world again for the first time. Every second of this was really pure gold to me. There was humour and zombies and action and zombies and just great moments...and zombies ;) This has me really excited again for what's to come.
Kim
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We have some new characters in this issue. Are they good? Well who freakin knows! Carl is still annoying. And zombies are starting to talk? WHAT? The ending rocks! Excited to read the next issue. Kirkman leaves us in suspense with this issue.
Ryan Buckby
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First Read: July 28th 2016
Re-read: December 8th 2019

things have changed so much since volume 21, a two year time skip has occurred after the war against negan. Alexandria, The Hilltop and The Kingdom are all thriving and all working together which is finally a nice change of pace to see in the comics after all the fighting in the last few issues its nice to see things slowing down just for a little bit.

If anyone is wanting to know where michonne has been there is a game centered around her
Whitney
You know when that series you love is starting to lose that loving feeling? You still want to stay loyal and keep reading, hoping that one day it'll find the unicorns and rainbows again. Well, I'm glad I stuck around. This one was my absolute favorite. No spoilers. I'll just say that The Walking Dead found it's soul again.

description
RJ
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Slower than prior volumes in the aftermath of All Out War, but sets up some interesting storylines for the future. Quite a bit of time has passed since All Out War ended and seeing the changes in the group and the communities, while less action-oriented, is still very interesting. Several new characters are introduced too.
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels, z2016
OH MY GOD!!! That ending!

A really good volume with a crazy good ending! I'm so excited to read the next few issues to see what will happen! It's cool to see people creating a good world & there's so many things that can happen with this story! I'm so impressed with that ending!
Selwa
4 1/2 stars

I love the world depicted in this book! I love that this one jumps a few years ahead of the last volume, and I love the progress that has taken place. It seems like a pretty sweet world to live in, actually, minus the dead hordes outside the walls.

And that ending ... WOW. I can't wait to follow that storyline.
Nayeomi
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"We whisper and the DEAD don't mind."

What?! This new development totally blew my mind.
What is happening? I don't know how i feel about this yet. I have so many questions haha

One thing for sure. Just when we think things are finally settling down.
I don't think i can sleep early tonight.
Mindy
Ahhhh! What might of been.

I started reading these again because I didn't think I could possibly spoil the show for myself. Best laid plans I guess. Considering how far the show has strayed from the comics I really thought I would be ok. Well, the people may have changed but a lot of this story was the same. Many elements of this story are in the show and what is coming up on the show. Never the less, I really enjoyed this volume. I was so into the last 10 pages or so and can't wait to see how
Emily
I'm curious to see where this goes. I hope it doesn't follow the same formula as the Negan storyline - I want something a little different.
Eden
A few years have passed and life is actually starting to become a little normal again. Communities are thriving, trading and working together. Negan is still imprisoned. Life is good and seems to be fairly safe.

But, in a world where the dead still roam and there are no laws, how long will this peace last?

This volume seems to take place a few years after the last. Carl's a bit older, Maggie's kid is a toddler, and Rick's now walking with a cane. The dead are still around, of course, but for the
Change publishing date 1 1 Oct 14, 2019 07:31AM

• Fables, Vol. 21: Happily Ever After
  • The Walking Dead Survivors' Guide
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Micro-Series, Volume 1
  • Chew, Vol. 7: Bad Apples
  • Silver Surfer: Black (2019) #2 (of 5)
  • Adventure Time Vol. 10
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 6: Six Feet Under the Gun
  • Silver Surfer: Black (2019-) #1 (of 5): Director's Cut
  • Criminal (2019-) #3
  • Criminal (2019-) #2

The Walking Dead (Collected Editions) (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 1: Days Gone Bye