Start by marking “The Matchmaker's Match” as Want to Read:
The Matchmaker's Match

The Matchmaker's Match

The Marriage Ultimatum

He has three months to find a wife—or lose his estate. Spencer, Lord Ashwhite, doubts he'll find a suitable bride among the ton, until the unconventional Lady Amelia Baxley agrees to provide a list of candidates. It should be an ideal arrangement, were Spencer not growing attached to the one woman Amelia refuses to consider as a prospect: herself.

In
Published September 1st 2015 by Love Inspired

To ask other readers questions about The Matchmaker's Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Matchmaker's Match

Lynn Spencer
As a September 2015 release, The Matchmaker’s Match has obviously not lingered long in my TBR pile. However, I thought it would be a perfect choice for this month’s TBR challenge. While I was in New York for RWA, I had a chance to meet Emily Rodmell, editor for the various Love Inspired lines at Harlequin. While we discussed inspirationals and the things that tend to be popular in that market, she recommended this book to me. She described it as a book that isn’t necessarily trendy, but one that ...more
Kav
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cue witty banter and we're off on a beguiling adventure with a rakish hero and a straight-laced lady of an independent nature. Seriously adored Amelia. You just have to love a woman who thinks of life's pivotal moments in capitals. Like The Great Disappointment. I should feel sorry that she had to endure such heartbreak but really I'm filled with glee because this story is the result!

The premise of a matchmaker having the tables turned on her is priceless. Spencer is a heart throb of a hero and
Crystal Collier
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
It's rare I read a book where I just want to linger (because of the author's beautiful language/writing) and can't stop myself from burning through it. I was 100% immersed.

This is a CLEAN regency romance with all the fun of a historical setting and all the joy of suppressed attraction, societal expectations, and a need to be proper. I hate to say it, but I'm disgruntled. Thoroughly. WHY DID THE BOOK HAVE TO END?! The characters are engaging. Their struggles are solid. The developing romance is
Ane Ryan
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with "The Matchmakers Match". In fact, I couldn't put it down. Be advised, once you start this little piece of romance, you won't be able to stop yourself, you'll be up all night desperate to finish this wonderful love story. And then you'll be sad, and have to start reading all over again.
It was delightful. Well plotted, fast paced with well drawn characters. Definitely worth reading, and reading again. One for the keeper shelf.
Melody
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I haven't ever read anything by Jessica Nelson before, but this certainly won't be the last time! I loved this story! I am a fan of regencies-as long as they are done well! This one surely was! The characters were utterly delightful! I love a heroine full of loveable spunk! :)
Susan Snodgrass
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a very delightful Regency, perfect all the way around. I loved every single minute of it. The author has created characters that seem real and a plot that is very good. Her spiritual theme was also great and I will read more from her..
Carrie
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
After months of waiting for a regency to pop up in the Love Inspired Historical line, I found The Matchmaker's Match, by Jessica Nelson, which was released this month. It's about Lord Ashwhite, a marquis who must marry within three months time in order to keep his estate, according to his father's will. Helping him is Lady Amelia Baxley, who is secretly running a matchmaking business on the side so that she can maintain her own household and live independently from her brother and his wife, the ...more
ASC Book Reviews
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lovely read! This is the first book I've read from Jessica, and I'm happy to say I'd happily read more! :) Amelia and Spencer immediately became favorite characters from the very beginning! Getting lost in regency times is always something I enjoy doing and I really enjoyed the plot and twists! Entertaining from the start and when you get closer and closer to the end more and more things happen to these two! From injuries to redemption! I love independent characters and you can't get more indepe ...more
Rachael
Sep 25, 2015 rated it liked it
An entertaining read with an interesting premise - not the woman, but the MAN must marry to maintain his inheritance. Enter the matchmaker. I appreciated that the matchmaking is scandalous (especially for a lady) and therefore not an official or known position. The hero is quite charming, while Amelia is not as sensible as she thinks herself to be. I definitely liked Spencer the best.

There are some errors (cookies in Regency England?), but it was still a likable story.
Jeanette Levellie
Intriguing, entertaining, unique

I can always count on Jessica Nelson for a fun, well-written romance. Her style is unique enough to keep the story intriguing, and her characters are entertaining, but with spiritual depth. I read The Matchmaker's Match in less than two days, it was that tremendous!
Heather
Oct 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
This book was well written, but the characters seemed a bit flat to me at times. I will also say that I found it to be relatively predictable. If you like historical fiction and independent women, you'd probably still enjoy this read, but it's not one that I would highly recommend over other similar books.
Denise Petrovich
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It made me laugh and smile. This book had a way of keeping me intrigued and I really enjoyed how Lord Ashwhite and Lady Amelia came to grips with not only their attraction for each other but their love. This is a timeless romance. The story is written well and the characters play well off each other for a very good read. Thank you Jessica Nelson for a delightful book!
Harlequin Books
"With three-dimensional characters, attention to detail and excellent witty banter, Nelson outdoes herself here. The Matchmaker’s Match is impressively written and well deserving of a Top Pick" (RT Book Reviews, 4 1/2 stars TOP PICK!).
Alisha Grant
Sep 01, 2015 rated it liked it
a delightful story with engaging charactets
Sheri
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book was fine, but not particularly exceptional, and there were a few things that bothered me. For example, while I found it believable that she was concerned about her cousin's abrupt attachment, I did NOT find it believable that this insta-love (for pity's sake, after one dance she announced that she had found the one) was God-ordained true love and that no one else had any concern (instead, Amelia is seen as odd for expressing caution). And while I find it believable that her proper sist ...more
Clara Patricia
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this because of a premise that piqued my interest - what happens when a matchmaker finds love? And so I came across this book that matched what I was looking for. What I didn't expect was the superb writing - very fitting of the era it was in. The writer has adequately captured the societal norms that women were subjected to at this time in history. Most importantly, the novel put emphasis on proper courtship, redemption, a second chance in life and love, with God.
Rachel
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was ok. I enjoyed the authors other book A Hasty Betrothal more.
Jamie Hatch
Feb 08, 2019 rated it liked it
I'd give this one 3.5 stars if I could.
Senli Marliana
Mar 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Bagus, tapi ga hot wkwkwkwk.
Yang gampang bosen jangan baca, alurnya lambat banget 😅
Glenda Parker
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The story is well written, humorous, and heartwarming. I like the way Jessica has woven in her faith throughout the story. I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Lord Spencer Ashwhite was once considered a rake but bored by the whole ton scene he takes off to America. In America he accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior, he has come home a new man. Spencer is informed upon his father's death that if he doesn't find a suitable wife with in three months he will lose his title and hi
Laura Hamadi
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to like this book . . . but unfortunately it never clicked for me. I loved the premise of a female matchmaker trying to make a match for a man (very scandalous). I found the characters a little flat. I just felt that their "hidden pasts" and "dark secrets" weren't really that deep or dark at times. When we found out the reason why Amelia doesn't trust men or want to marry, I thought, "Really? This is her reason?" I don't want to spoil anything, but the reason why she broke it off ...more
Jessica
Feb 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: adult-fiction
So much of this just did not flow, nor read well. Felt like it was a first time book for someone who didn't bother to research the era nor read ANY historical romance period.
Leslie
Krista
May 22, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Jun 27, 2015 08:45AM

• The Texan's Courtship Lessons (Bachelor List Matches, #2)
  • Groom by Design (Dressmaker's Daughters, #1)
  • A Rumored Engagement
  • His Most Suitable Bride (Charity House, #8)
  • Frontier Engagement (Frontier Bachelors, #3)
  • Groom Wanted (Bowen, #3)
  • Texas Cinderella
  • Mail-Order Holiday Brides: Home for Christmas / Snowflakes for Dry Creek
  • The Wedding Season: Much Ado About Nuptials\The Gentleman Takes a Bride
  • The Wrangler's Inconvenient Wife (Wyoming Legacy, #4)
  • Big Sky Cowboy (Montana Marriages, #1)
  • Family of Her Dreams
  • Special Delivery Baby (Cowboy Creek #2)
  • The Guardian's Promise
  • A Convenient Wife
My heart is filled with romantic stories, my shelves are loaded with chocolate and my lips are always longing for one more cup of Starbucks. Besides that, I write for Love Inspired Historical and am a happy mom to a bunch of little boys. I love connecting with readers and writers.