Start by marking “Her Cowboy Deputy (Wyoming Legacy, #7)” as Want to Read:
Her Cowboy Deputy (Wyoming Legacy, #7)

Her Cowboy Deputy

(Wyoming Legacy #7)

Stranded!

Bear Creek sheriff's deputy Matt White is used to being the rescuer, not the rescued. But now the hurt lawman's marooned on Catherine Poole's remote homestead. The little girl who he'd known briefly as a child is all grown up — and tugging at his heart.

Isolated from the world around her, Catherine's spent her whole life caring for her ailing grandfather. The last
Published October 6th 2015 by Love Inspired (first published October 1st 2015)

Janet Robel
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
A very sweet, clean read. Matt and Catherine's love develops over the course of the story which is nice to see. I like to mix things up in my reading, so this was a pleasant change.
Paula-O
Sep 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Series Wyoming Legacy book#6"Her Cowboy Deputy by Lacy Williams

Bear Creek is a small town and has one couple with a heart of gold loving children. They take in and make them family all are brothers and one sister. Matty White is one of the ones that was lucky enough to get taken in whe his parents died leaving him alone.
Catherine was not that lucky, she lives outside of town with her grandpa in a soddy. She has always had to work hard and does not trust anyone.
A very bad storm throws these two
Sam B
I really liked this book! It was my first book in this series, but now I really want to read the previous ones. I think that reading the series in order might help with all the characters, because it did get confusing at times. But still I'm looking forward to reading the rest of Matty's family romances.

This was a really sweet romance. I liked that Matty and Catherine's relationship wasn't easy. They had to work through some issues throughout the book and that made it even more realistic. I also
Kelli
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such a great book! I love romance books so this was perfect for me. I especially loved it because it was such a great heartfelt love story but it was also clean! I love romance stories but it is often hard to find one that does not have a lot of sex in it. This story was awesome. I look forward to reading a lot more of her books.
Shelly Dabbs
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When Lacy started writing books for the Harlequin Historical genre, I started reading her books. I have read all of them & this one did not disappoint. She is a great writer & a must read if you love cowboys. Keep up the great work Lacy. I will be waiting for your next title.
Dianne Sidebottom
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Catherine and Matty's story. The society issue that Catherine had for reason not to join town life and activities is not seen as an issue today 100 years later. Matty apologises his part in their school days. (no white dog in this story) It is good to have access to books written by ebook and more so free from the library here. However they don't have all the series on the White adopted children but hey I read what I can. I just saw that the kindle edition has been revised back in Feb 2019.
Sharon Phelps
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Historical romance

If you are a follower of this series then you should know that Matty's story is just as well told as the rest of the White families love stories. If this is your first book, it is a good stand alone book but much better if you do read the series. I am glad I found the writer and series.
Christine Gea4y
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love story anywhere

Love the young girl in this story, she is so strong and independent.
I liked how Ms. Williams brought into her story an elderly veteran from the Civil War and dementia.
And as always love that you can romance anywhere even in soddy.
Kelley Marie
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite book in this series so far

I loved this book. It was really exciting and had plenty of drama mixed in with the romance. I can’t wait to read the next one in this series.
Kathy Brickert
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story!

Love reading about this family and all the siblings and their journeys to find love! This is Matty's turn! Lots of twists and heartache mixed in, but the Lord watched over them all! Wonderful tale! Great read!
Yvonne Marshall
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing story

Another one of Lacy William's amazing reads. I am enjoying following the Jonas family, each story different, each exhibiting the lifestyle you would expect from one being raised in this family. I would highly recommend this book.
rob
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely

Another good book now almost all of the adopted kids are married, it's a good story of lo, forgiveness, healing, and red.
Mariah H
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed it and the rest of the series, I really hope there are more coming.
Margaret Nelson
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have enjoyed reading about all the fellows in Jonas White's family and how they found their wives. This one was just as enjoyable.
Sparrow12
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book.
Michelle
Sep 27, 2016 rated it liked it
I typically don't pick up Love Inspired series titles because I enjoy when my romance is good and dirty. I've always assumed this line is overly worshipful and too many closed doors. I was pleasantly surprised by how the romance between Catherine and Matt developed and that the story was not overly preachy. Matt was injured while trying to verify the safety of the towns citizens on Catherine's remote patch of land. As she nurses him and back to health and they spend more time together sharing an ...more
Bonnie
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Her Cowboy Deputy by Lacy Williams. A book in the Wyoming Legacy series number 6. Story takes place in 1902. Catherine Poole comes from a poor family. Her mother wasn't married when Catherine was born. Back then it wasn't cool to have a child out of wedlock. When she went to school for two days the kids talked about the way she looked. Her hair wasn't combed and her clothes were torn and dirty. The next day Catherine and her mom were in the store to buy material for a dress for Catherine. Cather ...more
Mary
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Honestly, I was shocked at how much I enjoyed this story! Well written, sweet, and a wonderful example of how hurt people respond to kindness and uplifting actions. A shy girl, illegitimate and then motherless, dresses as a boy and works hard to take care of her grandfather way outside of town. Catherine has developed into a lovely young woman, covered in work clothes with sweat on her brow. Her embarrassment from the past will keep her away from others, until a young cowboy needs her help when ...more
Harlequin Books
"With an insecure heroine who’s had a hard life and a deputy who sees the beauty inside her, Williams’ latest heart-warmer shines bright" (RT Book Reviews, 4 1/2 stars).

Miniseries: Wyoming Legacy
Anne Butler
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book

I loved this book from start to finish.I stayed up quite late trying to finish it it was so good.This is the latest installment in the Wyoming Legacy series.The entire series is good but this book I feel is the best of them all.
Susan Illo-Adamou
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Denise
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very Good Book

This book was as good as the series this book came from. I love her books, can't wait for her other books in the series to come out. Good reading!
Alisha Grant
I love this series with its great characters and addressing real life situations that are still relevant in this era. Cannot wait to read Seb and Breeannas story
Connie Ledbetter
Mar 16, 2016
RACHELLE
May 21, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Bride by Arrangement (Cowboy Creek #3)
  • Winning the Widow's Heart (Prairie Courtships, #1)
  • The Lawman's Oklahoma Sweetheart (Bridegroom Brothers, #3)
  • The Guardian's Promise
  • The Outlaw's Redemption (Charity House, #6)
  • The Bride Ship (Frontier Bachelors, #1)
  • Her Motherhood Wish
  • The Nanny's Little Matchmakers
  • Groom by Design (Dressmaker's Daughters, #1)
  • The Wedding Journey (Irish Brides, #1)
  • The Texan's Courtship Lessons (Bachelor List Matches, #2)
  • An Unlikely Union
  • The Blacksmith (Redbourne, #3)
  • Journey of Hope
Lacy Williams is a wife and mom from Oklahoma. She loves dogs, reading, hiking, and watching movies.

Her debut novel won ACFW’s prestigious Genesis award before being published. She promises readers happily-ever-afters guaranteed.

Lacy combines her love of dogs with her passion for literacy by volunteering with her therapy dog Mr. Bingley in a local Kids Reading to Dogs program.

Lacy loves to hear f

Wyoming Legacy (8 books)
  • The Homesteader's Sweetheart (Wyoming Legacy, #1)
  • Roping the Wrangler (Wyoming Legacy, #2)
  • Return of the Cowboy Doctor (Wyoming Legacy, #3)
  • The Wrangler's Inconvenient Wife (Wyoming Legacy, #4)
  • A Cowboy for Christmas (Wyoming Legacy, #5)
  • Her Convenient Cowboy (Wyoming Legacy, #6)
  • Catching the Cowgirl (Wyoming Legacy, #8)