Start by marking “Phoibe (Omega Beginnings Miniseries, #3)” as Want to Read:
Phoibe (Omega Beginnings Miniseries, #3)

Phoibe (Omega Beginnings Miniseries #3)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  282 Ratings  ·  69 Reviews
With a speech impediment and learning disability, the frail six-year-old Crown Princess of Greece is constantly being told she’ll never live up to the woman her mother was. She’s the only descendent of the sacred Bloodline, the royal family touched by the Greek Gods ten thousand years before, and protected by international law.

But Phoibe doesn’t care about any of that. Sh
ebook
Published March 20th 2015 (first published March 8th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Phoibe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Phoibe

Kelly
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have some serious hate on for Phoibe's caretakers. SERIOUS hate. Poor Phoibe has to put up with them and their abuse and my heart broke for her. Poor thing.

I'm torn on Lantos and whether he'll be helping her the way she needs help. I'm just... POOR LITTLE GIRL. Mismatch's warning to Phoibe about the curse was pretty terrifying and she's in an awful situation no matter how you look at it.

Lizzy Ford's going to rip my heart out one way or another, isn't she?

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
Andrea
The third episode in this mini series focuses on Phoibe, the Crown Princess of Greece, who we met in Mismatch's story.
This tale is becoming more intriguing and mysterious the more I read.
Just like before the story picks up from where it left off and leaves us at an exiting part in the story. My heart broke for poor Phoibe and what she had to endure in her young life, but for all that Phoibe is proving to be a very wise and strong little girl.

Greek mythology + exciting characters & plot +
Victoria
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow! So much packed into this short story! Book 3 in the Omega series is about Phoibe. The next Queen of Greece, but only 6 years old right now, is under a curse. As she waits for Mismatch and bravely faces her fate we learn a little bit more of the puzzle. A great series. I can't wait to read the rest!
Jessica
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Phoibe is a six-year-old Crown Princess of Greece. she has a speech impediment and only one friend...that no one else can see, a shadow named Lantos. She has met Mismatch who made her promise never to speak aloud again because of a family curse that will turn her to a gargoyal. I am getting more and more excited about the series that these mini's are leading up to.
Torie
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a small little action packed story from The Omega Beginnings series. This is part of Phoibe's story. I can't wait to see what happens to her as the series goes on.

Phoibe is next in line for the throne of Greece at the age of 6. Phoibe has been treated bad by the High Priestess because she has a lisp. They treat her like she is stupid and constantly put her down. She learns that there is a curse on her family. Mismatch asked her not to speak to anyone incase they tried to trick her into s
Stephanie
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book in Lizzy Ford's OMEGA Beginnings Miniseries. Alessandra is the first book, and Mismatch is the second. I have thoroughly enjoyed each of them. This book focuses on a sweet little girl that's facing some really big issues. She is being groomed her for her role as the Crown Princess of Greece. She longs to become as incredible as the woman her mother was, but because of her speech impediment, the High Priestess has been mistreating an abusing her. She has found a comfort in a ...more
Michelle
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is just a copy of my review from the first one. It covers the series as a whole.

So from what I can see, these are little character Introduction short stories to be released each month until the release of the full book Omega.

Lizzy Ford is one of those authors who really found her calling and she never fails to release these amazing stories. This is no different. I love these short stories because they are a nice touch to start you getting excited for a new release.

I don't want to get into
Deb Carroll
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Phoibe is next in line for the throne of Greece at the age of 6. Phoibe is treated poorly by the High Priestess because she has a lisp. Through our lovable Mismatch she learns that there is a curse on her family. Mismatch asked her not to speak to anyone because they are tricking her into speaking the words that set into motion the curse. This curse turns them into a gargoyle to watch over the temple. Thanks to Mismatch''s advice Phoibe stops speaking out loud but this leaves her unable to commu ...more
Bookworms Devouring Words
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Still an unbelievable series!

I couldn't put the book down but hey 3 chapters was well worth the read and
Im desperate for more!

This book with just 3 chapters had a lot of heart breaking scenes, a little princess who completely
alone with a high priestess who is completely rude to her and takes care of her because it
is her duty to do so, so that every child that is born under the royal bloodline fulfills a
curse she is meant to become at the age of 17.

I love how in three books of this series so fa
Emmanuelle
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love that each new short story in the Omega miniseries introduces someone we met in the previous short story. I love that we're being introduced to the characters prior to the release of the first full novel. While it's painful to get teased like that every month, it's actually also fun because it's different; it's like if an upcoming movie made a TV series prior to the release to get more depth and detail to the characters.
Phoebe is a quiet six year old with the world resting on her shoulders
Sue Brooks
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WTG Lizzy Ford - I just love these mini type books!!!

If you have no read Alessandra (#1, Omega Beginnings Miniseries) and Mismatch (#2, Omega Beginnings Miniseries), you really need to read them to understand exactly what is going on in Phoibe.

In Alessandra, we met Alessandra and learned about her unique gift. In Mismatch, we learned more about Mismatch -- his origin and importance.

With this being such a short book, there is no way to write too much of a review in regards to what happens in the
Chelsea
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
These books keep getting better and better. I really cannot wait to read Omega. Lizzy is a genius for writing these short stories of each character first before the main story.
I loved reading the struggles Phoibe goes through and how hard she has it when she's just a child. Why they have this curse on this line I don't understand but Phoibe nor did Mismatch or any of them deserve it. They don't even get a choice or even told they get tricked.
I like Phoibe's mysterious friend that smells of min
Marilyn Ortega
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy for an honest opinion.

This is the 3rd book in the mini series leading to OMEGA. Phoibe is so far the saddest of the three stories, the hardship she foregoes is not easy. Her fate is already sealed the same fate as Mismatch. With the promise to return and save her from her fate Mismatch has yet to come for her. She must keep her promise to Mismatch and do only on thing,,, not to speak to anyone till he returns. Her only friend Lantos and new alli who she has kept a secret from
Td
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review

Phoibe (#3, Omega Beginnings Miniseries) by Lizzy Ford
5 stars

Yet again, I am loving this intro to another character in this new series. Phoibe is a cute little girl that is lonely with only one friend. As she waits for Mismatch to return and save her she endures even more cruelty from adults that are meant to care for and protect her. I find the resolve of this young girl to listen to the advice given her shows just how strong she is for her age
Kathy Osborn
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This mini series is getting good, I can't wait until Omega. Phoibe's story is a sad one full of abuse and hardships that she must bear as the Crown Princess of Greece. Mismatch was not returned for her and she turns to her only friend Lantos. Lantos is a mystery person and I can't wait to read about him next.

Ms. Ford writes a short, but amazing story and I can't wait until all the puzzles pieces are in place in this mini series. Each character is unique and I want to read more about them

I
Stephanie
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an advance copy of this book for an honest review.

I loved it. This is the 3rd book in the Omega Beginnings Miniseries, the 1st is Alessandra, and the 2nd is Mismatch. It is 23 pages. The timeline picks up from the middle of Mismatch, but through the point of view of Phoebe, and then continues further then Mismatch. At this point in the miniseries, we are starting to get a better picture of the world in which this story takes place. We are introduced to another important character, and
Martha Hayes
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This new series is getting more exciting. In book 3 we learn more about Phoibe. And I must say that with her story you will want to jump in this book and protect her. The way she is treated by those that's supposed to protect is a shame. But of course the trials she's going thru is preparing her for what she will have to face in the coming years. I'm so happy she has her own hero, you will love Lantos!! I can't wait to learn more about him. Another winner from Lizzy Ford, she never disappoints!! ...more
Lynn Smith
Mar 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
The third book in the Omega series. For such a short book it has a lot of information packed in it. Phoibe the next Queen of Greece is abused and mistreated by the high priestess. She is waiting for mismatch to return and save her. Phoibe is only six and while she doesn't quite understand the curse, she is doing her best to follow mismatch's instructions.

Wonderful build up for the book. For every question answered a few more pop up. This series is so worth reading.
Cheryl Sanders
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Poor little Phoibe. Mismatch is still gone and the only one she has is Lantos, her shadow friend. When she truly needs him, Lantos comes to her rescue. Because of what he did to help her, he is now in trouble with the gods and he must leave her for a while. Phoibe is alone again.

My heart breaks for this beautiful little girl. Everyone is always leaving her. I am completely wrapped up in this story and I can't wait for Lantos's story.

Received a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Victoria Stolte
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
With each of these mini serials we dive deeper and deeper into a mystery. This one I finished in no time. Love the characters, and being able to get that feel of them before the Omega Series releases. The suspense kept me on the edge of my seat and I think it is very interesting that each of the books tie together with a new character being introduced and then the next book going into that characters side story. I can't wait to see how everything moves forward!
Sara
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Phoibe is this really sweet, innocent and naive child queen of Greece and it saddened me how cruel people in power can be.
Destined to transform into stone by an ancient curse unless she can prevent it by never trusting the ones who raise her, never talking again and never let them see you break.

Can't wait to read more of Phoibe and her friend Lantos!
Linda
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
The third book in the miniseries, and like the others, too short for my liking, but very engaging and makes me want the full novel sooner rather than later. Knowing there are still a few of these mini-series to go means I have to wait, but I do have to admit these tidbits of information are a great way to get some of those background details that go missing in books and helps you feel invested in the characters.

I can't help but feel sorry for Phoibe and the life she leads. It is very misleading
Lady
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Refusing The Curse

This series must be read in order. The first book is Alessandra. The second book is Mismatch. This is the third book. I can't wait to read Lantos!

Phoibe is trying her best to he patient while she awaits rescue from her cloistered life by Mismatch. She has to tell her shadow friend Lantos about Mismatch, the Curse, and his plan to save her from it... Then she will keep her promise to never speak again. What can it hurt to tell her only friend the secrets she just learned? Will h
Kim Dyer
Aug 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
* Note that, as with the previous instalments, this is only a short story. It also only actually takes up about a third of the eBook as the rest is a preview for Omega *

Phoibe is the hardest to read of the shorts so far, purely due to its subject material, namely a child with a speech impediment and learning difficulties being subjected to prolonged abuse. Because of her isolation and vulnerability, it's impossible not to feel sorry for Phoibe. Unlike Alessandra, she does sound and act her age a
Patrick
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I though that the book was really good. For such a small book it packs in a lot of information about the character. In this short story we learn about Phoibe and what happens after her contact with Mismatch. We find out that Phoibe is a Queen of Greece and that she is being mistreated due to what the High Priestess consider imperfections. She only has on friend named Lantos who no one knows about but her. We also learn about what happens when you disobey the High Priestess in cementing the curse ...more
Crissy
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
*** I was given a copy in exchange for an honest review. ***

This read gives us Phoibe's story and what she is going through. She is young and has a hard road ahead of her. Her bloodline puts her in a bad situation as the priestess will do whatever is necessary for Phoibe to fulfill her duty. Phoibe has Lantoth(Lantos) but even he might not be able to save her from the priestess. This series leaves you wondering who can and can't be trusted and when it comes to powers and destiny the road isn't a
Crystal
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book gives us more information about Phoibe. She is next in line to be queen of the Greeks and the in-between for the Gods and the humans. She now knows the curse that is to befall her and is trying hard to keep it from happening. As she waits for Mismatch to come back and rescue her, she has to count on her friend Lantos to help. He's her shadow friend, and now forever friend. The high priestess is putting more pressure and torture on the princess. As the story unfolds so does this pressur ...more
Marieke16
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorits, paranormal
Phoibe is the third story un the prequel miniseries for the Omega Series. In these prequels we get to know the different characters who will star in the Omega Series to get a better understanding about the who, why and how.

Six year old Phoebe is the next queen of Greece to be. But as well as everybody else from her bloodline she is cursed to be a guarding the sacred temple after she has spoken the words that trigger the curse. Fortunately we read in ‘Mismatch’ that Mismatch was in time to tell P
Tanya Johnson
Apr 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
At the age of 6, Phoibe is the next in line to be queen. She is being taken care of by the High Preistress who treats her badly because she has a speech problem (a lisp). Being the next in line of this bloodline, Phoibe is the next to be cursed (she will be turned into a gargoyle). Mismatch wants to save her from this terrible fate but when he doesn't show up as promised, she has to make a very tough decision for someone her age.

This series keeps getting better as each short story comes out. I
Ash Rowe
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Although extremely short I can not help be pulled in by the characters in this book. The more we get a deeper look into them the more excited I get for the series to come out. The author has not only gave us a more in depth look at sweet little Princess Phoibe but introduces another intriguing character in this short story that has me already trying to guess how all these characters fit together and what is going to happen in the series they will be starring in.

Sweet story on how Phoibe has sta
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Exiled (Starwalkers Serial #3)
  • Hide Your Crazy (Like A Lady, #2)
  • The Return of Ursula (Peaches Monroe, #3.5)
  • A Vampire's Salvation (Beyond Human Novellas, #1)
  • Losing It: A Collection of VCards
  • Jordyn and the Caverns of Gloom (A Daemon Hunter, #2)
  • Intoxicating Magic (Crescent City Fae, #3)
  • The Unicorn's Tail (Artifact Hunters #2.5)
  • Night Sun (Sons of the Dark, #4)
  • Doppelganger Blood: Book 11 of The Witch Fairy Series
  • First Night (Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to Love, #2.5)
  • Prelude to a Dream (Nephilim, #0.5)
  • Thomas and the Tiger-Turtle
  • Dark Bishop: Pawn (Dark Bishop, #1)
  • Bewitch (Vampire Erotic Theatre Romance, #5)
  • Words With Fiends
  • Believe (Chasing Shadows #1)
  • She's Not You
I breathe stories. I dream them. If it were possible, I'd eat them, too. (I'm pretty sure they'd taste like cotton candy.) I can't escape them - they're everywhere! Which is why I write! I was born to bring the crazy worlds and people in my mind to life, and I love sharing them with as many people as I can.

I'm also the bestselling, award winning, internationally acclaimed author of over sixty tit
More about Lizzy Ford

Omega Beginnings Miniseries (8 books)
  • Alessandra (Omega Beginnings Miniseries, #1)
  • Mismatch (Omega Beginnings Miniseries, #2)
  • Lantos (Omega Beginnings Miniseries #4)
  • Theodocia (Omega Beginnings Miniseries #5)
  • Niko (Omega Beginnings Miniseries Book 6)
  • Cleon (Omega Beginnings Miniseries, #7)
  • Herakles (Omega Beginnings Miniseries Book 8)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Conjure (Hoodoo Apprentice)
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Acacia: The War with the Mein (Acacia, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99