Start by marking “Gray Shadows Under a Harvest Moon: Six Trick-or-Treat Thrillers” as Want to Read:
Gray Shadows Under a Harvest Moon: Six Trick-or-Treat Thrillers

Gray Shadows Under a Harvest Moon: Six Trick-or-Treat Thrillers

The path into darkness begins here...
How often have you read a short story and wished you could see what happened after the big ending? In this book, the ending is just the beginning as each short story represents a chapter in an upcoming Roma Gray novel or novel series.
SECTION 1: A collection of six Halloween-flavored short stories. The stories are a mixed assortment of s
ebook
Published March 13th 2015 by BookBaby (first published March 8th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Gray Shadows Under a Harvest Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gray Shadows Under a Harvest Moon

Start your review of Gray Shadows Under a Harvest Moon: Six Trick-or-Treat Thrillers
Jen
Oct 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Cute collection of first chapter teasers of larger works. The stories all have a definite end, they are complete, but they lead into bigger works.

ALL of the stories were well written. The characters were realistic, but a few did stupid things that were only done to further the plot, which I didn't really like.

The "interviews" at the end were slightly corny, but were interesting in that they gave you another glimpse into the bigger work the stories are all a part of.

All in all, very well writt
 Reading Reindeer 2021 On Proxima Centauri
REVIEW: GRAY SHADOWS UNDER A HARVEST MOON: SIX TRICK-OR-TREAT THRILLERS by Roma Gray

The title tells you: six delectably scary tales to enlighten and scintillator your Halloween enjoyment. But don't expect the ordinary "oh I'm so scared" stories: Ms. Gray' s offerings are genre-bending and genre-expanding. Not "just" short stories to read and set aside, either. Each of the six represents a chapter in an upcoming novel or novel series by Roma Gray, who also cleverly includes interviews with the fi
Devin
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This review has also been posted on Devin's Book Hub.

A common way to tell horror stories is through the art of a short story rather than a full length novel, and so that's exactly what Roma Gray did. She refers to her short stories as trick-or-treat thrillers. In Gray Shadows Under a Harvest Moon there are six thrillers, all of which are a chapter from a novels or series she is currently working on.

The six trick-or-treat thrillers are:

1. FEAST ON FAT TUESDAY: At Mardi Gras, a vampire realizes he
Jason R
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Populated by Mardi Gras stalkers, dreaming cities and skulls that bite, Gray Shadows Under a Harvest Moon is a fun and fast-paced read. Author Roma Gray offers six tales as diverse as they are terrifying: featuring alpha predators too adept at killing to survive, warlocks that unintentionally become victims of their own magic and a mummy who just doesn't know when to stay down, these "trick-or-treat thrillers" hit that sweet spot which leaves the reader satisfied, but still wanting more.
At times
Michael LaPointe
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I sat down with this book, not knowing what to expect. What you get is six short stories, all of which turn out to be previews of yet-to-be published novels, and a lengthy interview section, in which the author 'interviews' characters from the stories you've just read. A risky venture, but it turned out to be quite entertaining - an audacious exercise like this could have gone all kinds of wrong but instead, with delicate handling, it adds an extra dimension to the stories and leaves the reader ...more
Keith Ferrario
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Do you remember the TV shows: Tales from the Darkside or Creepshow; the Night Gallery or even the Twilight Zone? Then this is the book for you! I have always loved horror anthologies and reading the stories written by Roma Gray in Gray Shadows Under a Harvest Moon: Six Trick-or-Treat Thrillers was a blast. Six very unique and compelling stories, some had a classic theme with a modern twist, and others, well, you’ll have to read them for yourself (no spoilers here, sorry). Is it right to compare ...more
Jeremy Peterson
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of Gray Shadows under a Harvest Moon for review purposes and I'm glad I was. As the cover states, the book consists of six stories which are actually excerpts or introductions to six full length novels that are soon to be released. I think that is a brilliant marketing plan and great way to interact with her readers. Roma's writing style is clear and concise and the dialogue rang honest and true in my head.

I enjoyed each of these stories and each one for different reasons. If
Charity
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
For full review please go to: 5girlsbookreviews.blogspot.com, Twitter @camartinez and Facebook "5 Girls Book Reviews"

REVIEW BY: Angel, age 12 years, 3 days until 13!

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

This book was filled with six spooky snip-its of novels coming out. The author that picked the six short stories out was definitely honest when she said they were scary! However, they were scary and spooky in a way that you can't wait for the full length novels to come out!

My favorite short stories in this book a
Solfreedom
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this collection from NetGalley and BookBaby, in exchange for my honest review. Thank you!

A bunch of wonderful short stories, all great lead ups to some wonderful series! This bunch of short stories introduces you to the characters, that star in six new series, all of which are unique and very inventive. I am especially interested in three of them. There are ghosts, vampires, evil spirits, ancient deities, and zombies, what more could a reader want!
All of these stories are well writt
S.K. Gregory
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A collection of stories which are the beginning of novels by this author. I enjoyed the stories, I think my favorite was Unnatural Disasters and it is one I would definitely like to read more of. There is plenty here to keep people entertained from zombies to vampires, plagues to the lost city of Atlantis. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who loves horror, dystopia or fantasy novels.
Dianne
Want a little taste of Halloween flavored tales? Gray Shadows Under a Harvest Moon by Roma Gray is a collection of six fast-paced tale tidbits that will have your imagination making up your own endings. Get ready for some fantasy fodder filled with diverse characters that come to life and practically walk of the pages!

From newly discovered secrets of Atlantis to a vampire or two, to warlocks whose magic turns on them, each slice of a full tale is addicting! Not enough Halloween frights for you?
Heather
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
Gray Shadows Under a Harvest Moon, by Roma Gray, is labeled, “Six Trick-or-Treat Thrillers.” In the intro we’re told, "Each story is part of a novel."

You have to be really careful when you do this, seeing as this book isn’t free. The stories must stand alone, as whole stories, if you don’t want your reader to feel that they’ve paid you to advertise to them. Unfortunately, a couple of them don’t stand on their own.

The stories feel like clever attempts at creepiness, but instead most of them over-
Eden Royce
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
This collection of tales has such engaging story lines. Now I must disclose that “Grey Shadows Under a Harvest Moon” does not have complete stories. Don’t pick it up unless you’re ready to understand that these are excerpts—written book trailers, if you will. They will lure you in and give you the need to know what happens next, although Gray has been quite clever in making them read as standalone stories.

The author is intentional in doing this because she wants your input as a reader. Each stor
Francis Powell
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The poetically named Gray Shadows Under a Harvest Moon, are entertaining short stories, that are bound to interest readers who like their ghosts, vampires, evil spirits and zombies. They are well thought out and have Roma Gray’s strong stylistic mark on them. She uses everyday language, she is not shy to use crude expressions, but they are used in a very charming way. I felt sure as I read these stories that Roma Gray must have enjoyed writing them, they are written in a very carefree, unconstra ...more
Jennifer Redmile
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this collection of stories. I liked Roma's flowing and easy to read writing style, and although horror is not usually a genre I read, I found the stories were all great introductions to what I hope she will one day turn into novels. I look forward to reading more of Roma's work in the future...well at least the tame ones. ...more
Tamara
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love the word play on the title of this collection. And thoroughly enjoyed the teasing, tempting morsels - a bit or bite of everything - offering us only a taste of what is to come. I an definitely looking forward to reading more of Gray's twisty shadowy tales. ...more
Dawn
Apr 30, 2019 added it
I wanted to be a fan of this book, but I have to say I was not. The stories are all part of books yet to be published, which makes the book feel like a giant advertisement. After the story sections there are "interviews" with characters from the book for no reason other than to get you to buy the book. As if that was not bad enough, none of the stories captured my interest, ...more
Dona Fox
Jul 05, 2016
Melody
Jan 03, 2021
Clara Amry
Mar 12, 2015
Roma Gray
Apr 19, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Lily
Mar 14, 2018
Amie's Book Reviews
Mar 31, 2018
Big Announcement Coming on June 1st 1 2 May 17, 2015 07:47PM
Roma Gray is the author of a multitude of horror short stories, novellas, and novels.

For the year 2021, Roma is publishing a novella series "A Haunting at the Gates of Hell." Part 1 has been published and is available on Amazon. She is also working on a series of short stories called, "October Haunts", the first of which is "The Lonely Chair."

Sign up for news on new releases and free books: Mail

News & Interviews