Start by marking “Seeking Him: Experiencing the Joy of Personal Revival” as Want to Read:
Seeking Him: Experiencing the Joy of Personal Revival

Seeking Him: Experiencing the Joy of Personal Revival

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  257 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Revival is not just an emotional touch ... but a complete transformation! It can happen ... in your heart ... in your home ... in your church ... in your world. Seeking Him is a 12-week interactive study on personal revival. Get ready to experience the freedom and joy of an honest and humble heart, true repentance, God's amazing grace, genuine holiness, a clear conscience, ...more
Published January 1st 2005 by Moody Publishers (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Seeking Him, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seeking Him

Randy Alcorn
Nancy Leigh DeMoss and Tim Grissom have produced a magnificent interactive study for those who want to go deeper with God, and experience Christ’s grace and empowerment in every area of their lives. Seeking Him will help you examine yourself in light of Scripture. It will take you to God’s throne, where you’ll realize He alone can meet your deepest needs, and He alone is worthy of your worship. I highly recommend this work.
Heather Truckenmiller
Feb 01, 2011 rated it it was ok
Our church chose this book for a womens bible study. Two different groups, one met Tuesday mornings, one Thursday evenings. I led the Tuesday morning group, and for the most part it was an older group (grandmothers and great grandmothers) of women, which may have impacted how this study went.

We found this book to be rather depressing. For at least 9 of the weeks we were "digging deep" and finding all the things we had ever done, thought, or possibly done wrong in our lives. There were constant,
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
We did this as a ladies Bible study at our church and everyone had positive reviews. Unlike some studies, it forces you to confront various issues and really think about how God views them and what you've overlooked. I think many people rate sins and see dishonesty, pride as not that bad. This book shows that all sin is serious and we need to keep an open communication with God and confess any sin we find in our hearts.
The study is broken into 5 days with 2-3 pages per day. Then there are about
David Smith
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What makes this book on revival unique is that it’s loaded with clear and uncertain direction in how to have a personal revival. The seemingly simple topics – humbling yourself, honesty, repentance, grace, holiness, obedience, a clear conscience, forgiveness, sexual purity, the Holy Spirit, a personal devotional life – are like fire and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces (Jeremiah 23:29).

It’s formatted as a workbook, so it can be used individually, or in a small group, or as a resource f
Catherine Gillespie
Feb 08, 2015 rated it liked it
The book covers a wide range of topics under the broad theme of how to experience a closer walk with God. I would say that most, if not all, of those topics are better covered in other sources. However, the strength of the book is as a group study, and being able to look at all of the topics in one volume together.

{Read my full review here}
Nov 09, 2008 added it
This was an excellent Bible Study addressing personal revival by addressing issues in one's own life. Humility, honesty, repentance, grace, holiness, obedience, having a clear conscience, forgiveness, purity, being filled with the Spirit and "Seeking Him" daily, are all topics that are covered. This is one of the best studies I've participated in.
Aug 19, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: the believer
WOW! A life changing book on experiencing personal revival. Things I didn't know and needed experience personal revival and what's required to have those truly transparent relationships to get there. You think you know alot until you read this and find out how very much we still must learn to get it right. Awesome read! Highly recommend this!
Mar 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
My husband and I did this series with our small group at church and it was great! It really forces you to look at your life and realize things about yourself. It is a life changing book on personal revival. I would highly recommend this book and if you read it, do it with a group or at least one other person so you can discuss what you are reading to get the most out of the series.
Ashley Peterson
May 31, 2007 rated it it was amazing
This is actually a Bible study, but it is one of the most convicting ones I've studied yet. Totally humbling experience if you let it be. Kind of makes you feel like crap, but hopefully that will spur on changes.
Oct 19, 2009 rated it really liked it
Half-way through this study book now. Takes you through a process to prepare your heart for personal revival. Makes you look honestly at the true condition of your heart. Good study!
Apr 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
So far so good. Im loving this book. This is what were reading in small groups. :)
Lori Stroik
Jul 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Produced a mighty work of God in my life. When we seek Him, we will find Him!
Rachel Oles
Mar 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent bible study that helps anyone desiring to seek a more personal relationship with Christ.
Amy Bellamy
Jun 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wonderful Bible study
Jan 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Meh, 3 and a half stars. It would occasionally get legalistic and vague. Made for better discussion groups rather than a read alone.
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bible-study
Excellent Bible Study...personal, Biblical, thot-provoking. Would be great for a small group study!
Mar 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
Was a really good way of delving into some significant places of the heart--such as unforgivness and pride--to prepare for a revival of the spirit.
Jan 07, 2010 rated it liked it
Our women's Bible study did this book. I did miss a few chapters while away.
Andrea Charlton
Aug 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Study
Women In
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Desiring a deeper seek of God? buy and get to studying Seeking Him. This devotional is an essential to building one spiritual discipline and resetting the heart for personal revival.
Jan 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Most in depth, soul searching, breaking the fallow ground of your heart bible study I have ever done.
Cc April
May 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book free through Goodreads Firstreads to review. This is a 12 week bible study. I found it best to do it with a small group of people, with lots of discussion and reflection. This study really makes you look within yourself, confront your demons, and begin the process of healing. It is intense at times, but in the end it is worth it.
Travis Ogle
  • Comforts from the Cross: Celebrating the Gospel One Day at a Time
  • Disciplines of a Godly Woman
  • The Search to Belong: Rethinking Intimacy, Community, and Small Groups
  • The Life God Blesses: The Secret of Enjoying God's Favor
  • True Woman 101: Divine Design: An Eight-Week Study on Biblical Womanhood (True Woman)
  • Overcoming the Enemy: The Spiritual Warfare of the Believer
  • Becoming a Woman of Excellence
  • Life Lessons with Max Lucado: Book Of Hebrews
  • The Patriarchs - Member Book
  • The Invisible War: What Every Believer Needs to Know about Satan, Demons, and Spiritual Warfare
  • Fascinating Stories of Forgotten Lives: Rediscovering Some Old Testament Characters
  • What the Bible is All About Bible Handbook
  • Experiencing the Holy Spirit
  • Sermon on the Mount: An Evangelical Exposition of Matthew 5–7
Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth also known as Nancy Leigh DeMoss is the host and teacher for Revive Our Hearts and Seeking Him, two nationally-syndicated programs heard each weekday on over 1,000 radio stations. She is a mentor and spiritual mother to thousands of women and a leader of the True Woman movement.
More about Nancy Leigh DeMoss...

Nonfiction Deals