Start by marking “Rank” as Want to Read:
Rank

Rank

Cole grabbed my arm. "You don't need to do this. I got myself into this mess. I'll live with the consequences."

I exhaled and slid Shae-Lynn's pink armband over my forearm. I kissed it, then did a prayer before climbing into the chute. "This isn't about you anymore. I got something to prove."

Rodeo is all Billy Ryan and his brother Cole have ever known -- until one deadly wr
Published April 2nd 2015 by HarperImpulse (HarperCollins)

To ask other readers questions about Rank, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rank

Start your review of Rank
Christine Stanley
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ARC received from NetGalley for honest review.

What an absolutely amazing and beautiful story!

This book touches on so many different topics and is done so flawlessly it's kind of mind blowing.

I loved how the Author took chances with this one a breached topics that other's steer clear from. It just make the book that much better in my opinion and took it out of the typical romance/new adult category.

I loved how Billy and Shae's relationship grew over time and wasn't an overnight thing. The way th
Angel **Book Junkie**
Wow I thought the book was okay just not as great as many others felt it was. I felt disconnected from the characters and I never felt like I understood where they were going. Real life events just too much going on with the sub-characters, etc.
J

Our Rating:

Billy and his brother Cole live and breathe rodeo, but after their dad was killed in a rodeo accident, they’ve had more than their fair share of burdens. After losing their father, they lost the family ranch, and it’s all they can do to keep their heads above water. Now they’re having to take care of their mother, whose MS is only getting worse, and with Cole’s gambling issues and Billy’s plans to retire before the rodeo does him in, things aren’t exactly looking up. Good girl Sh
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is my third D. R Graham book and by far my favourite. In fact Rank has made its way onto my favourite books list. I really liked the two YA books I've read by D. R Graham and needed something while I wait for the third book in the Britannia Beach series. This was exactly what I needed and I didn't even know I was looking for.

As soon as I started reading Rank I knew I was reading something I was really going to love. It just felt like more. More angst. More drama. More feelings. I wasn't wr
Michelle Dare
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Billy is a retired bull rider. A tragic event from his past pushed him to no longer ride. His brother, Cole, is still active in the circuit and Billy goes with him when he rides. With mounting bills at home and a brother who has racked up his own debt, Billy needs to find a way to pay for everything. Working two jobs isn't cutting it.

Shae-Lynn is a barrel racer. She's known Billy most of her life. Watching him and his brother having their ups and downs isn't easy for her. When Billy and
Bonnie
Apr 16, 2015 added it
This is a writer who knows young people. When we meet Billy, the narrator, he feels like a real person right from the start. We understand his pain and uncertainty about giving up a successful rodeo career, even though he is just out of his teens. The death of his father in a bull riding accident haunts his life as he struggles to cope with his infuriatingly unpredictable brother, Cole, and his widowed Mom who has MS.
Graham is not scared to deal with the tricky issues of mental illness and we ca
Heather
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing

RANK is a story that has a lot going for it. There’s sexy cowboys and the strong women who love them, but the story is strengthened by family and personal issues that threaten to keep our lovers apart.

Our hero in RANK, Billy, is a true cowboy, taking on the responsibilities that are forced upon him head-on. He embodies the western way better than any characters I've read in a long time. His devotion to his family is admirable and totally sexy.

Supporting characters play a larger role in this ta
Amber
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by netgalley for an honest review. I truly enjoyed reading this book. It was a first for me when it comes to bull riding. I loved Billy and how even though he was so stressed out he still did what needed to be done to take care of his mother who has MS and his older brother who is bi- polar. Billy retired from bull riding after his dad had a wreck and passed away. He was spooked and didn't want to turn out like him. Shae- Lynn is a good girl who is an amazing barrel racer. Her and B ...more
Jess Schira
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
I enjoyed the fact that this wasn’t yet another cowboy story where the guy saves the day, gets the girl, and they ride into the sunset together. The main character of this particular story is a very troubled young man who seems to have forces working against him at every turn. The harder he works, the more things seem to blow up in his face.
I enjoyed the fact that the author gave Billy Ray a nice list of flaws and also made him have to deal with the consequences of his actions.
Although there ar
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
I'm on a role with cowboy love stories. This is a wonderful book. Shae and Billy are dynamic characters. I love so much about this story. It is refreshing to read a romance novel that is just that, pure romance. It's sweet and endearing and just good clean fun. Don't get me wrong, this story has some angst, and bad guys, and schemers, but it's just the right amount. This is a terrific New Adult novel that perfectly illustrates family bonds and loyalty. It's a funny and witty story that although ...more
Sammy Page
Mar 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
FTC: I received this book free of charge from netgalley.

I liked how much of a quick read this book was for me. There weren't really any boring or empty spaces in the book, but at times it seemed like the book just moved too quickly if you know what I mean? I was satisfied with the ending but it seemed like it just all magically was put back together in a nice cookie cutter package, if that makes any sense at all. However, I would read this authors other books and this was a really quick read tha
Allyssa Scott
Mar 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
"Intense, emotional and complex, this is Friday Night Lights meets Nicholas Sparks' The Longest Ride... with edge" --Once I read this in the summary I was instantly intrigued!This book had some really entertaining characters and I thought the author handled the topic of mental illness really well. I really liked the character of Cole, you could see the struggle he was having with accepting the fact he had a mental illness. I really enjoyed the love story that unfolded between Billy and Shae. Ove ...more
Shutupshabby
Apr 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
*** Copy provided by NetGalley for an honest review ***

This was sweet and nice and lovely and young. And if I was a sweet, nice, lovely and young person, im positive I would adore it. but I'm none of those things. It was still a decent read though.

I didnt think much of the leading lady, but I never do. Billy just broke my heart, being good, doing good. Just being himself. He was a sweetheart and it turns out, I now love rodeo boys!
Brenda Parker
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rodeo action, rowdy cowboys, sweet love story, and intensely layered family drama. Loved it. I cant decide if I enjoyed reading about the relationship between Billy and his brother, or Billy and Shae more. The relationship between Billy and his brother Cole is complex and so real given the situation. Shae is sweet and patient, but tough in the ways that matter (Perfect for Billy). Following Billy through his tough times, from his point of view, made for a really great read.
Eulalia Mira
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
Não consigo perceber o entusiasmo com o livro!!!!
SoBeA
Jan 10, 2016
Maki Khoid
May 01, 2018

• Bonechiller
  • Never Sweeter (Dark Obsession, #2)
  • We Said Forever
  • The Navy SEAL's E-Mail Order Bride (The Heroes of Chance Creek, #1)
  • Hot as Puck (Bad Motherpuckers, #1)
  • Holding (Playmaker Duet #2; Prescott Family #3)
  • Troublemaker (Playmaker Duet 0.25; Prescott Family #1.5)
  • Playmaker Duet (Prescott Family, #2)
  • Breakaway (Playmaker Duet 0.5; Prescott Family #1.75)
  • My Best Friend's Mardi Gras Wedding (Boys of the Bayou, #1)
  • Sweet Home Louisiana (Boys of the Bayou, #2)
  • Altercation (Playmaker Duet #1; Prescott Family #2)
  • Beauty (Prescott Family, #1.5)
  • Interference (Prescott Family #1)
  • Rumble Fish
  • Spark (Elemental, #2)
  • Deadfall
  • The Things a Brother Knows
Danielle R. Graham is a multi-published cross-genre author with HarperCollins. From sweet, romantic and funny to edgy, psychological and historical, D.R. Graham’s books blend genres and break boundaries.

Danielle R. Graham is also an art and play therapist in private practice. Her romance, suspense, and psychological thrillers deal with issues relevant to young adults in love, transition, or crisi

News & Interviews

“Don’t make this harder than it already is. I like her so much it’s killing me, but I don’t know how to be the guy she wants me to be.”

“Yes, you do. Real relationships are just like bull riding. You have to be willing to risk getting hurt, and you have to hang it all out, and never give up no matter how scary or hard it gets. You know how to do it. You’re just too much of a coward to try.”
1 likes
“Shae-Lynn, come on. You know I didn’t mean for it to happen that way. I was just trying to do right by you.”

“Doing right by me would have been respecting my wishes and keeping your promises. Leave me alone, Billy. I don’t want to be friends with someone I can’t depend on.”
0 likes