Start by marking “What I Need (Alabama Summer, #5)” as Want to Read:
What I Need (Alabama Summer, #5)

What I Need

(Alabama Summer #5)

From New York Times bestselling author, J. Daniels, comes a sexy new STANDALONE novel.

Riley Tennyson has made a huge mistake.

At least, that’s what she keeps telling herself.

Showing up to her brother’s wedding pissed off and newly single, Riley seeks comfort in solitude and an open bar, until the gorgeous and irresistibly charming CJ Tully makes her a better offer—a
Published March 5th 2017

To ask other readers questions about What I Need, please sign up.
Jenny Yes, this will be CJ's (Tully) book in the Alabama Summer Series ❤…moreYes, this will be CJ's (Tully) book in the Alabama Summer Series ❤️(less)
Stephanie Campbell I subscribe to the author's newsletter. Her latest one (dated 9/10/16) had the following information:

Release Announcement

By Authorjdaniels on Sep 10,…more

Release Announcement

By Authorjdaniels on Sep 10, 2016 09:17 am

I’ve been dreading writing this post so here goes...
I’ve been promising you CJ forever, I know. And you’ve all been so great about it. And the good news is that I finished it this week…FINALLY and I absolutely love it!!! However, with that good news, I have some bad news. Since we are less than a month away (OMG!) from the release of FOUR LETTER WORD, contractually I cannot release WHAT I NEED until after both FOUR LETTER WORD and HIT THE SPOT come out. I wish I was one of those authors who could write a book in a month, but that’s just not what happened. The plus side is that now I have time to properly release CJ’s book – by doing teasers, giving away ARCs, etc.

All that being said, I have so many fun things for you all over the next few months, with some surprises here and there, as an appreciation for how supportive you’ve all been. Thank you SO MUCH for understanding that some things are not within my control and being awesome about it.

So here are SET dates for you. I’ll be having a paperback pre-order for WHAT I NEED coming shortly:

October 4th 2016 – FOUR LETTER WORD releases

December 6th 2016 – HIT THE SPOT releases

March 5th 2017 – WHAT I NEED releases (I promise this date will NOT change again)

So we have to wait until March of next year for this one.(less)

Karen Mc
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Darlin’.

God. Is there anything hotter than the way he says that one word? All smooth, southern drawl and sweet to my ears.

Maybe it’s because I’m a Southern gal.

Maybe it’s because I love country music where Luke Bryan, Sam Hunt, Florida Georgia Line, and others sing to my Southern soul.

Maybe it’s because the word, darlin,’ does things to me like make turn into mush and is my favorite Southern term of endearment…my kryptonite.

Maybe it’s because of J. Daniel’s words catapult themselves into m
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
**2 CJ STARS**

For my real unfiltered review... https://prettymessreading.wordpress.c...

When I read books I normally make really cute graphics and all that jazz. The characters I use are what I see in my head when I’m reading. Let me introduce Riley and CJ.

I just couldn’t picture Riley, it was like she wasn’t even there. I could see CJ, no problem. He’s the only reason this book got any kind of stars from me. I feel like his character was wasted in this book. He deserved to be in a good book, wi
Christy
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-four-stars
4.5 stars!!!

photo 3FE82ECA-9F6D-41E5-886D-64C8CA202C98_zpselplzxls.jpg

What I Need was one of my most anticipated reads this month. I’ve seriously been dying to get CJ Tully’s story. Reed has been my favorite guy of the series, but I had a feeling CJ would top him. And I’ll tell you a secret... I was right. CJ is my new favorite Bama boy. There was nothing about that man I didn’t love! I can’t imagine anyone reading this book and not loving the hero!

Officer CJ Tully and Riley Tennyson meet at Riley’s brother Reed’s wedding rehearsal. They are paired
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I know he said we could never be friends again, but I still kind of feel like we are. Just more. We’re lovers who became friends who became…everything.

photo image1 1 1_zpsy0ebafca.jpg

Every now and then I love reading a book with a sexy, swoony Southern alpha male who knows how to please a woman in every way. It didn’t take long for me to fall under the spell of Officer CJ Tully. From the moment he drawls out a ”Darlin”, I melted like butter. I never read anything by J. Dan
rheeza
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
review soon!

---------
i need this right now!!

Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 Stars⭐⭐⭐⭐

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I’ve been obsessed with this series for a very long time so like everyone else, I was anxiously awaiting CJ’s book. I mean who doesn’t love a hot talking, swoon worthy cop? I your answer is no, then you need to have your rights be read to you ASAP!

Being a part of your brother’s wedding and knowing that he’s found the one should’ve been one of the happiest moments for Riley Tennyson but instead she’s a fuming mess because her boyfriend decided to be a world class a**hole the wee
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4.5 CJ Stars

"Do you want me, babe?The way I'm wanting to give you me?"

I loved What I Need and I can easily say that CJ is by far my favorite hero in this series! I couldn't get enough of him! He has everything I wanted in a hero and even more!

"I'm crazy about you
F@ck...you're all I think about anymore,Riley.Tell me you feel that."

CJ is swoon worthy, cute, sweet, funny, super hot, protective and charming! Riley is cute,sweet and a little bit shy. I loved them together! They were hot, intense, ad
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 STARS

Tell me a secret,” she whispers.
I close my eyes.
I want this so fucking bad, I don't say.

Alabama Summer happens to be one of my favorite J Daniels series. These characters have become like family to me. Well...the women anyway. I have an unhealthy desire to molest every single hero in this series, and I suppose that's not very "family" like....right? Uhem. Anyways. Moving on.

CJ Tully has been a character who I've been rooting for since the moment I met him. He's a well-rounded, sweet guy
Jayme
4,5 stars. This book put a big smile on my face. I truly loved CJ and Riley story. It was my first book in the series, so you can safely read this as standalone. And I definitely fell in love with Bama Boys!

About the plot: Riley’s brother Reed didn't like her boyfriend and forbidden him to come to his wedding. This caused not the first conflict in her relationship. After a big fight, she went to the wedding as single woman, or at least that she thought.

There Riley (22.) officially met a charmin
Beverly
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG, I thought I loved Ben, well I do love Ben, but Tully! You must read this!!!
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo Untitled_zpsdjsnpsnc.png

Tell me a secret...well, here it is: I absolutely adore and love reading J. Daniel’s books. I know, I know it’s not much a secret since I practically look forward to every new release she has in store but let me tell you that she completely has me smitten for her newest release of What I Need.

If there is ever a man to be totally head over heels in love with then I cannot tell a lie because Officer CJ Tully has my heart fluttering with but
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.5 My Lady Stars!

photo E609016E-FF52-4991-A11F-B5D2E6DD712D_zpsek1t7oiu.jpg

Riley Tennyson is a gorgeous, southern 22 yr. old woman from a small town in Alabama called Ruxton. Her brother Reed can't stand her boyfriend Richard. Reed is getting married soon, & she's got quite the dilemma, because her boyfriend isn't invited to the wedding. Riley is of course part of the wedding party & has to be there. When her boyfriend expects her to choose between him & her family, things get heated and they break up.

photo 0201E57C-6EFB-4AAF-8C87-9986281182A5_zps18fhplkb.jpg

Riley arrives to her brother's beach
Wendy'sThoughts
Mar 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: J. Daniels Fans, Romance
3 All for CJ Tully Stars
* * *
It is important to note- I happen to love J. Daniels' writing. I love the creativity and crafting. When I connect, I am ALL IN. I am such a Daniels' fan... When I saw her name, I just clicked wanting to read her... and didn't look at the blurb.

That was my mistake...

Because as much as I love this author... I am not a triangle gal...I also think my acceptance of our main character's actions were stretched too far for me...She was a really young 22 ... or just seemed th
JewelsyGoolsy
3.15 -don't hate the hero- Stars

You know what really grinds my gears? Dickhead heroines...
description

The hero was great (super sweet and all in). The supporting characters were great (especially if you've already been aquainted with them throughout this series). The writing was entertaining and engaging (no skimming or getting bored for Jewels).

I just couldn't connect or relate with this h. She wasn't a horrible character or human being. She was just super ignorant to her own selfishness, which just made
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
IT'S LIVE!!!! AMAZON

Let's start this review by stating that CJ TULLY is mine!

Godfuckingdamn, just look at him!

Reason to claim CJ Tully as mine?

Easy-peasy girls. I'm Riley motherfucking Tennyson.

Reasons to say that I am Riley? Let's see.

"Never again, Tequila. Never. Again. You're dead to me."

I have said those same words not one but many time. LOL. So tequila is my amigo.

I'm blonde.

Wait NO! I'm not but I could dye my hair so no problem there.

I'm quirky.

Love everything coconut.

My ex was a di
• Lisa •
THREE.5 TULLY LOVING STARS.

"Lovers who fell in love being friends. Friends who always wanted more."

description

There's nothing like the feeling of starting a new book by an author that you adore. The excitement of opening that first page and knowing that you will be finding something you like to read inside. J Daniels, is an author that I don't think I would ever miss out on. Her sexy alphas and likeable heroines always score winning points and there's always a slice of drama or angst to be had. I think i
Jay Crownover
If you aren't reading all of Jess's books you should change that immediately. she's just the shit. her words rock my world. CJ will rock yours... have fun picturing Chris Pratt doing the deed when you read this total banger ❤
Maria...
"4,5 CJ and Riley Stars"

Lovers who fell in love being friends.
Friends who always wanted more.

WHAT A LOVELY BOOK!!!

"Alabama Summer" series is one of my favorite so I always come back for me! Bama boys had me hooked since the first time I read "Where I Belong" (which is my most favorite). And of course J. Daniels writing style and beautiful stories make me swoon and love every second while reading her books.

description

"What I Need" was a sweet and hot reading! I enjoyed every page of this book and I had
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and the Crazy)
No amount of hero being amazing is going to make me forget that this heroine is a CHEATER!!
Oh she thought she had broken up with her boyfriend when she slept with the hero hours after the "supposed" break up mind you there wasn't any mention of any break up when she got into a fight with say boyfriend!
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
This friends to lovers romance is both sweet and hot, albeit frustrating.

CJ is certain he and Riley are meant to be more than friends. However, the leap from sleeping together throughout one weekend to CJ wanting Riley to be his woman seems too fast—especially since they spend the majority of the weekend having sex instead of really getting to know each other on a deeper level. When they do get around to spending quality time together, they easily click.

Riley is a nurturing person down to her c
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
Tell me a secret,” she whispers.
I close my eyes.
I want this so fucking bad, I don't say.

Holee-sh*t! This book! Ahhh!This is one of the reasons why I am so in love with J.Daniels' works. It's like heaven here on earth. Doesn't matter if there's no angst, no heart gripping scenes, what's important is the fact that I get to enjoy the book, no boring moments, just legit and pure fun, swoony moments and scorching scenes that made my heart leaped in utter bliss.

And What I Need? Gah! I enjoyed eve
Syndi
Jun 01, 2018 rated it liked it
i like this book less than the others. the story is the trademark of the flirty summer alabama. fun, light and cute.

in what i need, it is the characters that throw me out. the heroine especially. riley is a needy, lame, lack self confident girl. she is also annoying. immature.

and CJ.. he is not an alpha male. he is a confuse character. why he likes riley is not clear. i just dont like them together.

but i managed to smile, smirk and giggle through the flirty banter.
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
"10 MILLION TELL ME A SECRET STARS"

JDANIELS NAILS IT! AGAIN & AGAIN!

Where to even begin! JDaniels, has created a series. The series. The most over the top addictive, fun loving series and characters, and life, and happiness & pretty much every emotion I can concur up. The Alabama Summer Series is the best thing that has truly ever happened to me. Ever.

Book 5 CJ & RILEY! You ever imagine the perfect man? Fun, sexy, romantic, gorgeous. A man who loves you from the depths of his soul,
Sarah/DragonflyReads
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review
 photo 2A706D1D-9FA9-4896-9C8A-210471431282.jpg

Where do I even begin with my love for What I Need? It's book five in J. Daniels' Alabama Summer Series. If you've been living under a rock and haven't yet read the others, What I Need is a standalone, but you REALLY need to read the other books to appreciate the greatness of our friends in Ruxton, Alabama.

photo 3E5FFCE7-086D-46EE-94E1-1A1595B7EC6D.jpg

After a horrible fight with her boyfriend Richard (Dick), Riley makes her way to her brother Reed's wedding. It gives her time to get away from the monotony of nursing school and her failed
Tapulous
Mar 23, 2015 marked it as to-read
This right here is why I need to read slower. This needs to be released :)
Malene
Mar 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: part-of-a-series
I'm a huge fan of the Alabama Series and I've read every single one. I enjoyed What I Need. Did I love it as much as the others? Unfortunately no. For some reason I just couldn't connect and understand certain choices Riley made. They made no sense what so ever and it kept on for far too long. I was pushed in every direction when it came to her and it frustrated the hell out of me. I did enjoy her chemistry with CJ. That was off the charts hot and I didn't complain at any time. There's no doubt ...more
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
In a crowd of people or just two, I’m only seeing her.

Confession: Those that know me know that I am *incredibly* lucky to be a beta reader for J. Daniels. With that said, that line up there? I've loved it—it's been my favorite line—since the moment I read it.

And this book? Is actually filled with lines just like that. Lines that made me reconsider who my favorite 'Bama Boy was. (For the record, it's still Reed, because MINE, but barely). Lines that felt magical; that made swooning for CJ Tully
J. Daniels
May 16, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
“I wasn’t expecting it,” she answers quickly.
“You weren’t expecting what, Riley?”
“You.”

Book five in the Alabama Summer series.

Can be read as a COMPLETE STANDALONE!

Now LIVE on all platforms!
☆ Amazon ➜ mybook.to/win
☆ iBooks ➜ http://bit.ly/win_ibooks
☆ Nook ➜ http://bit.ly/win_nook
☆ Kobo ➜ http://bit.ly/win_kobo
☆ Audio ➜ http://geni.us/WINAudio
☆ Paperback➜ http://geni.us/WINPaperback

Excerpt:

The faster rhythm stirs the crowd and shifts them around. More bodies gather and move closer to the stage, j
Wendy
3-5-stars.png (629×121):

I really love the "Alabama Summer" series and I love all the "Bama" boys. C.J. has been a favorite of mine ever since he was introduced in the other books, so I have been anxiously waiting for his story. As expected...he was awesome...what a man...sigh

fangirl-emma-stone-tonsofgifs.gif (500×208)

CJ, all aroud sweet guy, cop and best friend of the "Bama" guys and girls. Him and Riley share a hot passionate weekend together at Reed and Beth's wedding. Things don't turn out as planned though. Even though CJ is all in....it seems that Riley is
RentasticReads
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet baby Jesus, it's true! Once you're under the Tully charm, there's just absolutely no going back. It stays with you for-freaking-ever! And I can't even begin to describe how much I MISSED these Bama boys! This is ultimately one of my most favorite series, characters, books ever and I'm so incredibly happy CJ's tale is finally here! All that stewing? Every single day, hour or second of torturously waiting for this bad boy to be released to the world was absolutely WORTH IT. J. Daniels contin ...more
New Adult Book Club: J.Daniels Paperback Giveaway ~ CLOSED!! 74 198 Mar 19, 2017 12:46AM
J. Daniels Books: CJ is LIVE! 2 24 Mar 07, 2017 08:21AM
new book 1 55 Mar 05, 2015 03:53AM
  • Untitled (The Core Four, #4)
  • Bad Company (Summer Love, #2)
  • Untitled (Breathe Again, #3)
  • Conflagration (The Wellingtons, #2)
  • How to Marry an Idiot (Friend-Zoned, #4)
  • Making Motions (Lawyers in Love, #6.5)
  • Give Me Hell (Give Me, #4)
  • Right Next Door
  • Into the Blue (Wild Aces, #2)
  • Wide Awake
  • Jaded Hearts (Loaded Replay, #1)
  • The Junior Bridesmaid
  • Childstar 3 (Childstar, #3)
  • Inflict (The Muse, #2)
  • Seduction and Surrender (Reckless, #2)
  • This Broken Beautiful Beast (Broken Beautiful, #2)
  • Guarding the Quarterback (Champions of the Heart, #1)
  • In His World (Eternally North, #2)
J. Daniels is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Alabama Summer, Dirty Deeds and Sweet Addiction series.

Best known for her sexy, small-town romances, her debut novel, Sweet Addiction, was first published in 2014 and went on to become an international bestseller. Since then, she has published more than ten novels, including the Dirty Deeds series with Forever Romance.

Daniels

Alabama Summer (7 books)
  • Where I Belong (Alabama Summer, #1)
  • All I Want (Alabama Summer, #2)
  • When I Fall (Alabama Summer, #3)
  • Where We Belong (Alabama Summer, #4)
  • All We Want (Alabama Summer, #6)
  • Say I'm Yours (Alabama Summer, #7)
“We’re lovers who became friends who became…everything.” 7 likes