Start by marking “Evil Games (D.I. Kim Stone, #2)” as Want to Read:
Evil Games (D.I. Kim Stone, #2)

Evil Games (D.I. Kim Stone #2)

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  9,514 Ratings  ·  854 Reviews
Quanto mais negro é o coração, mais mortífero é o jogo...

A inspetora detetive Kim Stone está de volta. Em causa está a morte macabra de um violador. À primeira vista, não é um caso complicado, pois tudo aponta para a vítima da violação. Mas, para a incansável detetive, há algo que não bate certo...
A sua intuição rapidamente prova estar certa. As mortes sucedem-se. Por detr
Published May 29th 2015 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about Evil Games, please sign up.

Angela Marsons Hi Becky, the storyline of Evil Games is a standalone book but like Princess commented, Silent Scream serves to set up the main characters for the…moreHi Becky, the storyline of Evil Games is a standalone book but like Princess commented, Silent Scream serves to set up the main characters for the whole of the series. People have read Evil Games first and then read Silent Scream.(less)

Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
She did it, she absolutely did it! Angela Marsons followed up her first D.I. Kim Stone book with something that is even better, I honestly did not think that was possible. This book makes for fantastic reading and officially Angela is up there with my top crime writers world wide without a doubt. Stunning work! I didn't think she could top the first book but she has.

Where do I start with this one? Let me lay the foundations for you first:

When a rapist is found mutilated in a brutal attack, Dete
Norma
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Traveling Sisters Review by NORMA, BRENDA and KACEEY!!

Oh my goodness this was even better than the first book, SILENT SCREAMS!!!

EVIL GAMES (DI KIM STONE #2) by ANGELA MARSONS is an action-packed, dark, chilling, interesting, and suspenseful psychological thriller that had us all flipping those pages as fast as we could.  What an extremely fitting and wonderful title for this book…..it was perfect!!

DI Kim Stone is back here in a thrilling cat and mouse game with one of the best, cunning, uniq
Kaceey
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Yet another wonderful traveling sister read with with my 2 favorite Canadian sisters - Norma and Brenda!

We all enjoyed the first book so much we couldn't wait to dive into book two. I couldn't have imagined this book surpassing number one... But it did in leaps and bounds! Our reading goals for the day kept changing because none of us had the willpower to put it down. (Just try and stop us!) We constantly made plans to just chat about our progress in the evening, but found ourselves chirping bac
Christine
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I want to thank Net Galley, Bookouture, and Ms. Angela Marsons for providing me with an ARC of Evil Games in exchange for an unbiased review.

Who is this Angela Marsons and where did she come from? The year is not even half over and we have not one, but two brilliant books from this incredible new thriller writer. I was hoping Evil Games would be close in excellence to Silent Scream. Darned if it isn’t better.

Evil Games grabbed me right from the first sentence (not kidding) and held me tight unti
Kendall
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am so glad that I decided to listen to GR friends and try this series out again. I read the first novel for this series and wasn't very impressed at all BUT this one definitely has made me a huge fan of Angela Marsons! And a new series has been added to my fan list ;).

What a perfect title I have to say for this one! Wow.. Evil games did Ruth play! But, you can't help but love this villain in this ever -so -dark and brilliant read!

I definitely grew to love Kim and her team. Kim is strong and a
Sue
Thank you to Netgalley, Bookouture, and author Angela Marsons, a British author, for an ARC of this book, “EVIL GAMES”, in exchange for an honest review. This is the second instalment in the Detective Kim Stone Series, and even better than her debut novel, “SILENT SCREAM.” WOW what an amazing gifted writer! This is a mystery crime/psychological thriller, that will have you flipping the pages, to see what will happen next.

In Evil Games, we continue the journey of DI Kim Stone and her squad of det
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Norma, Kaceey and I had our game on for these Evil Games and had so much fun piecing together the games. Looking forward to Book three!

Our Traveling sister review can be found on our sister blog

Linda
WoWzers!!

My house turned into complete darkness with only the light from my ipad leading me through the final chapters of this one. I lost all sense of the day......

Evil Games is the second book in the DI Kim Stone Series by Angela Marsons. As the series unfolds, book by book, we are given more and more insight into the backstory of Kim. Although a stellar investigating detective, Kim bears the deep scars of her childhood. There is much to observe in this serious, no-nonsense, black clad individ
Chelsea Humphrey
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent Kim Stone novel! I believe this one was even better than the first. What makes this series so completely disturbing and horrifying to me is how realistic it is. Sure, as a work of fiction there are some artistic licenses. Overall, I think this series has me looking over my shoulder wondering who I can trust.

Kim Stone joins us again after capturing a disgusting child abuser that should be cut and dry, but a few of the facts just aren't adding up. Simultaneously, a rapist is mur
Stephanie
Jun 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Evil Games is a spine-tingling page-turner! I read this book immediately after reading the first book in Angela Marsons's DI Kim Stone series, Silent Scream and it did not disappoint.

DI Kim Stone is back and faced with solving a brutal crime of child abuse. In the search for justice, she is also wondering why Dr. Alexandra keeps showing up and inherently doesn't trust her...

Kim is a strong protagonist -- flawed, but really likable and competent in getting to the bottom of crime. She is determ
Melissa
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Melissa by: Christine
Evil Games is the second book in the Kim Stone series by Angela Marsons. Admittedly the first in the series was not my favourite book. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy it - I read it before I started blogging my reviews so I actually can't remember what it was about it that didn't totally grab me. It seemed to grab the majority of my reading buddies who rated it extremely highly. I wasn't against reading the sequel, but it wasn't on my list of priorities. However when I kept seeing phenomenal rev ...more
Liz
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Enjoying myself as I make my way through the first few Kim Stone novels after reading books five and six. I love this DI. Being called to a murder scene and overhearing a constable calling her a cold bitch, her only concern is for the dog that witnessed the murder and making sure he's looked after. How could I not love her? In fact, all the scenes with Barney are heartwarming.

Kim is working on two different cases and both are equally engaging. Dr. Alex Thorne is a true psychopath and is enthral
Elaine
May 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
The second D I Kim Stone read had me gripped and was one I really didn’t want to put down at all. Kim is caught up in two investigations, the tail end of a child abuse case and that of a man stabbed to death in the street. During the course of things she crosses swords with an adversary who has the power to get right inside her head and to draw out all those secrets Kim doesn’t want anyone to know about. Whilst I liked Kim, I have to say that I absolutely adored psychiatrist Dr Alexandra Thorne, ...more
Lisa
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this series Angela Marsons you are an absolute genius of this genre sometimes there was so much going on I couldn't keep up but to cram in so much of the hidden agendas of each character was superb, loved the way the characters developed more in the plot kept me wondering WHAT NEXT!!

I hated Doctor Alex Thorne she was a total whacko who was using her job to get into her patients minds & making them do terrible things they wouldn't normally do she made the whole plot believab
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
I found the first book, Silent Scream, OK, but the story in Evil Games is so much better. And, Kim Stone that sometimes annoyed me in the first book didn't annoy me at all this time, on the contrary, I came to like her.

A rapist is killed by his victim, but this open and shut case feel wrong for Detective Kim Stone. Before the woman killed her rapist did she have a session with her psychologist. could it be that the psychologist planted the thought about the killing? And, if so, why would she do
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!

I can't think of a book with a more appropriate title than this one. After every chapter where Alex was the lead character, I felt the need for a shower. Ever see a picture of black mold? If not, Google it to find one. I feel the same gross-out when I think of Alex. She was so despicable!

Kim is a wonderfully complex character. I really want to know more about her, and this book offered additional info to what we learned in Silent Scream, the first Kim Stone book. There's still more to
Elaine
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 +++ Plus Thrilling Stars

photo tumblr_inline_nnm8cb8zsK1t7oi6g_500_zpsmnertgnz.gif

Sociopath.....a person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

Hold onto your hats!!!
 photo tumblr_mvcexpP8ng1r1mr1po1_500_zps7d1544da.gif

DI Kim Stone is back..... along side her partner DS Bryant she is called out to arrest a very unsavoury character Leonard Dunn and bring him to justice for his terrible crime.
 photo shocked_zpsc0192280.gif

But Kim Stone is not leaving it there, oh no she still thinks others must of been involved so she wi
Zoeytron
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Something sly and malicious is afoot here and it isn't long before it segues into a deadly game of cat and mouse. The mind games of a sociopath take center stage and test the very sanity of D.I. Kim Stone.

I am lodging a major complaint here. These books go too quickly! Of the multitude of crime thriller series out there, this is the series with which I would continue if I could only have one. They are that good. All of them.
*Avonna
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! The title is so perfect for this book!

There are already many great reviews written by my friends on this book, so not going to even try to repeat. Just hitting the high points for me.

This series has become a must buy for me. Kim is such a great character, flaws and all. Love learning more about her fellow officers and the area of England she lives in. The most amazing part of this book was the evil, sociopath psychologist, Alex. Every time her character appeared, I would get shivers up an
Mary Beth
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Di Stone is an awesome detective. She hunts down killers and this one is a great psychological thriller! There are some twists, and turns out to be a cat and mouse game. Evil but good.

It is a big mind game! I didn't really care for the subject, but it turned out good anyway. It had me up late at night, there is a lot of suspense, that makes it a page turner. DI Kim Stone has a past and it is brought up.. I really enjoyed this book and was surprised due to the subject matter. This is the second
Kevin
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Stacey, Plum-crazy
Recommended to Kevin by: Christine
5 Shiny stars with an exclamation point after each star! My new favorite author, Angela Marsons, has done it again. Grabbed by the first page, I was either reading this book or thinking about what I had been reading in this book until I smiled, sighed and wished I had packed her next book on my business trip!

This book read like a chess match...a chess match with sharp weapons. Our favorite DI Kim Stone fights a cat and mouse game with a sociopath who pretends she isn't. I've never read anything
Jan
May 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm hooked!!!
Just finished book 2 in the DI Kim Stone series and I want more!!

I enjoyed this book even more than the first in the series. Chapter one draws you in from the first paragraph and doesn't let up until the very last page.
This time the reader is treated to 2 story lines. One involving child abuse and another that introduces us to the formidable Dr. Alex Thorne. The author has brilliantly created an antagonist worthy of mental combat with the detective. While she truly is a monster, I h
Sue1958

After reading Angela Marsons first book Silent Screams and being blown away by it, I have been watching this author from afar until her next book.

As with all follow on books, once an author writes a brilliant outstanding first book, you fear that the next one may not live up to all you need it to be [as a reader]

FEAR NOT!!! This is just as good. If not better in some ways [cannot believe I am saying that!]
Because as we follow on with cased of crimes with Kim Stone the DI, we get more of an insi
Brenda
When Detective Inspector Kim Stone and her team were finally in place after months of investigation and preparation, they were gratified to be able to arrest the evil and sick perpetrator who had been doing despicable things. Sifting through the home and getting every piece of evidence, they were horrified at what they found. But worse was to come…

With another case suddenly in Kim’s hands, she discovered the rapist who had been out of prison for eighteen months and living quietly at home with hi
Rachel Hall
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
My tardiness in getting round to reading the second novel in the D.I. Kim Stone series reflects my antipathy to utilising my Kindle, and is in no way a response to my reaction to Silent Scream, which impressed me immensely. In introducing D.I. Kim Stone and her team, Angela Marsons proved herself an assured new voice in the world of crime fiction, adept in juggling suspense, drawing a distinctive cast of characters and managing an involving plot. Silent Scream introduced the dogmatic, motorbike ...more
Jules
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley

Having really enjoyed Silent Scream, I’ve been looking forward to reading Evil Games. I’m happy to report that it did not disappoint. In fact, I liked this even more than the first.

I thought the plot was excellent and very well researched. Absolutely loved the storyline from start to finish. This book felt more psychological and personal than the first, and that is probably why I loved it so much. I love getting into the minds of others, regardless of whether they are good or bad.

It was great se
Adrian Dooley
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow wow wow. While I enjoyed the first Kim Stone novel - Silent Scream, it wasn't without fault with the ending feeling a little rushed and the novel promising more than it delivered. However it had drawn me in and had me interested is continuing with the series to see how it developed and evolved.

Evil Games, the second in the series,sees Detective Kim Stone and her team investigating on a dual front that are connected. - the abuse of two small girls in their family home and somewhat random loo
Linda Strong
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
I got up yesterday morning thinking about what I wanted to read.

I wanted something edgy, something that would keep me riveted from start to finish....something to sink my teeth into. And then I saw it ..my kindle full of interesting books, especially those NetGalley had approved for me. I scrolled down the list of titles, when one caught my attention. I remembered the author, as I had read her first book, which I thought was excellent. And then I remembered seeing all the reviews of this one. Al
Christine
Apr 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This year, Angela Marsons emerged as a new fresh exciting voice in British crime fiction. Now Kim Stone is back for a second appearance and I am cheering!

‘Evil Games’ sees Kim Stone working persistently and voraciously on a child abuse case, in the search for the truth. She also has the death of a rapist to investigate, that starts to ring alarm bells with her. The murderer appears to be the rape victim, Ruth who was under the care of psychiatrist Dr Alex Thorne. Alex is a sociopath, with no con
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
Milton's Paradise Lost :- 'The mind is it's own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.'

And when someone else is playing with your mind, a mind already searching for justification, for approval, then the stakes become much higher, the game deadlier, the outcomes pure evil.

I had been hanging out to read Evil Games ever since I finished "Silent Scream", and Angela Marsons has not disappointed me. Evil Games flows with a breathless momentum that had me glued to the pages.

D
  • Only the Brave (DS Allie Shenton #3)
  • The Silent Twin (Detective Jennifer Knight, #3)
  • No Place to Die (DI Mike Lockyer, #2)
  • The Night Stalker (Detective Erika Foster, #2)
  • No Other Darkness (DI Marnie Rome, #2)
  • Humber Boy B (Cate Austin, #3)
  • The Hangman's Song (Inspector McLean, #3)
  • Sycamore Gap (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #2)
  • The Hanging Club (Max Wolfe, #3)
  • 8 Mile & Rion
  • Here We Lie
  • Hunted (DS Heckenburg, #5)
  • Red Light (Katie Maguire #3)
  • Untouchable
  • Tuesday Falling
  • The Doll's House (Helen Grace, #3)
  • Touch (DI Charlotte Savage, #1)
  • Closing In
Angela is the author of the Kim Stone Crime series. She discovered a love of writing at Primary School when a short piece on the rocks and the sea gained her the only merit point she ever got.
Angela wrote the stories that burned inside and then stored them safely in a desk drawer.
After much urging from her partner she began to enter short story competitions in Writer's News resulting in a win and
More about Angela Marsons...

D.I. Kim Stone (7 books)
  • Silent Scream (D.I. Kim Stone, #1)
  • Lost Girls (D.I. Kim Stone, #3)
  • Play Dead (D.I. Kim Stone, #4)
  • Blood Lines (D.I. Kim Stone, #5)
  • Dead Souls (D.I. Kim Stone, #6)
  • Broken Bones (D.I. Kim Stone, #7)

“The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.” 2 likes
“Every single profession is fraught with inconsistencies. It is the exception that often proves the rule. I believe passionately in what I do, but do I accept that not everyone will behave the way I’d like them to? Of course I do, because that is human nature.” 1 likes