Start by marking “Celeb Crush” as Want to Read:

Celeb Crush

Twenty year old Anderson "Andi" Kelly curses the day she got roped into helping plan the wedding of her cousin to her cheating ex-boyfriend. To save face, she tells everyone her boyfriend is megastar, Lucas Greyson--currently Hollywood's hottest actor. In reality, Luke is Andi's boss and a good friend--and vacationing out of the country at the moment. It's the perfect lie; ...more
Published March 2nd 2015

To ask other readers questions about Celeb Crush, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Celeb Crush

The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana ZapataKulti by Mariana ZapataThe Deal by Elle KennedyUnder Locke by Mariana ZapataWait for It by Mariana Zapata
Slow romance
628 books — 1,670 voters
The Deal by Elle KennedyConfess by Colleen HooverThe Mistake by Elle KennedyManwhore by Katy EvansKyland by Mia Sheridan
Top Romances Of 2015
547 books — 2,362 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Celeb Crush
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus)
3.5 One-time-read stars

A very reluctant 3.5 stars for the second half of the book..

A minus point five (-0.5) ,for the slow and unnecessary first half.Instead of watching the romance develop these two..All i got was fighting and stubborness..The author just took out the complications of a Friends with benefit idea , and literally just applied it to their situation....MINUS the sex :/ Though they were fun at times...

I paste on my most diplomatic smile, but Luke isn’t buying it. He shakes his
seton
Mar 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Genre: NA Romance
Sensuality: PG

Rambling romance berween a famous movie star and college student. Similiar and not much improved from her last bk.

The pros are the same: appealing narrator heroine, good humor, and snappy dialogue. The cons are the same: uneven pacing and see content warning.

Content warnings: OW, h is kinda psychotic, and (view spoiler)
Nadine
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit, dnf
dnf ~ 50 %

This is a dnf for for no other reason than the h, Andie.

I liked the setting, I liked the humor, I really liked the H, Luke.

I wanted to give up a couple of times but Luke and the secondary characters were all so charming and funny that I made it to the 50% mark. But I have to give up now. I've suffered enough.
Andie is such an idiotic, self centered bitch that I don't want to read how she gets the guy in the end.

Has anyone read this book? If this doesn't have a HEA, I might want to
TSN
Re-read June 2019
Re-read Marts 2018

Wow, just wow.

Meet Andi, She is my new favorite person!
She is fearless, blunt, annoying and oh so angry.

“I jump up and march off. Then I turn back. I grab the crutches that are resting next to Bran, and toss them several feet away. Now I can leave.”

Andi is what makes this book so great.
Her bluntness and the fact that some of her fantasies are probably illegal and that she is a “little” bit crazy made me fall completely in love with her. She is just the shit!

I
Joseph Santiago
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars (Barely)

Okay, so the only good aspect of the book was Andie as a character and the funny sarcastic tone of her POV. That said I only loved her about 75% of the time. Most of the time she was this strong and slightly cray-cray character but then came Lucas. Whenever I thought that there was going to be a development in either character to make their relationship work, what happens? Sex and then everything is forgiven or forgotten. This weakness account for the 25% of my hate because
Lady E
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Andi, what can I say! Bold, funny, brash, violent, inappropriate, blunt and emotionally stunted. I love her! Luke, well he evenly matched Andi for sure. I will say I was disappointed that Andi didn't spen more time with Kat....REALLY disappointed!
Ana
Aug 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Bella
Apr 10, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

This book was a bit of a rollercoaster for me. For the most part, I was totally in to it! But I was frustrated at what was happening on more than one occasion, which brought down my enjoyment factor.

Things were actually going really well, until just before the 50% mark. Luke was flirty and fun, and obviously in to Andi. Andi was stubborn and blind to Luke's feelings, even though he was clearly into her. Luke did something around the 40% mark that I couldn't stop thinking about. I
Suzy
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OMG, again, I totally loved this book from Nicole Christie. There is something about her writing that makes you turn the pages so quick, it is almost impossible to put it down. For her previous two novels they took over my life, became an obsession for a short while. This book was no different. READING THIS BOOK I HAD NO LIFE. I couldn't even eat my lunch and dinner without reading it.

Full of witty lines, humorous plot lines and sexy blokes. The heroine, Andi, is very different from the usual
Kristina
Aug 10, 2015 rated it did not like it
Just....NO!

Luke is a douche who spends the 2 years he knows Andi screwing around with random women practically everyday, and leaves it to Andi to "get rid" of his sex partners (yeah classy guy).

So after banging chicks for 2 years in front of Andi he decides he now wants her. Ummm, after all of his sexcapades that she's had to cleanup I really hoped that she would stand up to him. But no, she's a doormat. He even gets away with screwing an old flame while making a play for Andi at the same time.
Sbell
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 CELEBRITY CRUSH STARS!!! WOW! I really enjoyed this book, it just really worked for me. I love how the author really knew her characters, and she did not deviate from that. Luke was such a strong hero. He was not perfect and some of his actions in the beginning I did not like, but man did he redeem himself. He fought for what he had always wanted, Andi. Andi was a very unique heroine, she had anger issues, she was awkward, and man, was she hilarious. I loved being inside her head. She was so ...more
Tessa Palmeri
Dec 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads
I have to say, I liked Nicole Christie's Falling for the Ghost of You better than Celeb Crush. In Celeb Crush, the main character's dysfunctional personality was a little over the top for my preference. It was funny though, especially the internal dialogue. And I was happy about the HEA ending :)
Ali
Mar 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book - it made me laugh out loud (normally I only chuckle quietly at amusing bits). It's always nice to see my country (and city where I live) mentioned as well ;).
RedRedtheycallmeRed
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
In another author's hands this probably would have been a two star read. There were so many things that just drove me crazy! But I laughed the whole way through and I was thoroughly entertained. This is the third book I've read by Nicole Christie and they all bring the funny. Slow Burn is still my favorite though.

Luke and Andi really were fire and gasoline. So much angst and anger. I thought Andi's insecurity when it came to dating Luke was understandable. After watching all those women rotate
Mel B.
Jun 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Too much unresolved

Great premise and I LOVE Andi, but I think there were too many things left "unresolved" and out of character. For instance Andi is tough as nails, and I don't care if her ex and cousin were in love, what they did was horrible, and she forgave them much too easily. Also Luke's "friend" something n the way of karma should have hit her...she was a conniving witch with a capital B and nothing was resolved with her...i.e. Her career should have been ruined. And finally Luke spent
Michelle Lima
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
nice book, interesting storyline

I loved this book, Andy and Luke together was so funny, loved the dialogue between them, the scenes, Luke chasing her was nice. I loved the fact that he was her friend in the first place, he knew she was in a messy situation and he wanted to be there for her, just show up to show support and that was pretty cool. I hated the cousin and the ex boyfriend, but later on I understood them and kinda liked them too. Would definitely recommend this book to anyone!
Abir
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
I'm not sure how I feel about this book. In general it was okay. I liked the story and the characters and the sarcasim going back and forth. But what didn't sit well with me is how she reacted to some things. Like he calls her in the middle of the night and tells her that he slept with Kat and when she wakes up and he's there she's all snuggly and forgiving. he leaves her in the middle of an abandont parking lot in the middle of the night and accuse her of being crazy and when she sees him again ...more
Shyann Emory brooks
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap

I love Andi, she is hilarious. She's also 2 scoops of crazy and a side of coo coo catchoo. The book is hilarious, heart wrenching, and just awesome. Not gonna lie all the cheaters in it can just go on a cruise together... on the titanic... maybe I'm almost as crazy as Andi, but with more restraint. Luke I loved him, and hated him, but then kinda loved him again. Read it and you can see why. That's all I'm gonna say because it would just be to easy to just tell you the whole story...
Cathy
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love this author and she doesn't disappoint with this book. The hero is always perfect but it's the heroine that makes or breaks the book for me. Luckily, I really liked Andi. She was witty and sarcastic - a great combination. Some of her comments were just hilarious. Why not 5 stars? There was a stupid miscommunication that bugged me. I'm not a fan of that as a plot device. But, overall, a great read.
Camille
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, famous, reviewed
Andi found her boyfriend and cousin (Megan) in her bed. Break up.
When she stormed off, she met Luke. Mr. Hollywood.
All the signs were there. Luke was in love with her but she was too dense to notice.
Andi was asked by her Ex boyfriend to be Megan's bride's maid. She agreed.
She slipped a tiny lie about Luke being her boyfriend. Then KABAM! Luke came to their house.
Acted as her boyfriend. Love is in the air~
Bayli
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Last year I somehow stumbled across Slow Burn. I loved it and because of that, I find myself periodically checking Amazon to see if another book has been added to Juliet's story. So far, no such luck. However, I did find that Nicole released this little gem! I loved it!

Andi is a crazy chick but I dig it. I can see why she is the way she is and I can also understand her reactions to things. Luke is hot and super swoon worthy!

Could not put this book down!
Konica
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rereading this book again. I am a huge fan of Nicole Christie's and I hope she writes more books. Andi is crazy as shit and Luke is charming. Andi is a hoot! I love her. In my head she looks like Shay Mitchell from Pretty Liars. I love the inner monologues and loved this book.
Dippy (A book a day keeps reality away)
Andi was the highlight of this book for me. I loved reading about her, so much that all the other characters fell flat for me. She is a total b**** and she knows it. But, she's not unlikable. At least, I liked her and could see her appeal. Underneath all that snark and sass, she had a heart of gold. And I admire Ms. Christie for developing such a strong character. Rarely do we come across smart, bitchy heroines who don't mind giving the middle finger to the world. Yet, you know that when the ...more
SℓιM
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Luke and Anderson <3

> Spoilers... It could be a few or a lot. <

This book was good, but I could say it was actually to log in my own opinion. I was ready for it to be over. However, that could be the fact that I wanted to read this other book, and I was taking to long to finish this 30 something chapter book. That Kat woman and Jessica woman they didn't want to see Luke happy because if you would like to know the person you work for or
Mary
I really liked this one. Andi was a hoot. I didn't think I'd like this book, because I usually don't like the celeb and normal person romances, but I took the plunge because I love the author. So glad I did! Andi's humorous but really unique voice cinched it for me. You just never knew what'd she say or do next and I loved it. I also liked that she wasn't a doormat. Some of the misunderstandings were frustrating and I wanted a bit more of a cathartic end or perhaps a bit more justice for the ...more
Debra
Oct 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Celeb Crush

This story starts out with a Hollywood hunk needing an extra minder. That's right another minder. One whom he actually will listen too. She just happened to meet up with him after catching her cousin in bed with her fiancee. So starts a two year contract including NDA written all over it. But when she lies to her family about her love life that's when the story takes a turn. He is willing to act as her boyfriend. But what cost and who will get hurt? This was the second time I read
Anika
Jan 20, 2019 rated it did not like it
Bailed at 23%. I had no interest in the heroine being guilt tripped into helping her skanky cousin and ex-boyfriend with their wedding. There was enough drama between the hero and heroine without the drama of the cousin/ex-boyfriend / dying aunt nonsense. I wasn't interested so bailed. It may be a good book but I'm not interested in weird family drama which exists only for drama's sake.
Aoshiblue
Feb 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
I don't make reviews, but the book was terrible. Worst lead character ever
Pottermnm Montse
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Meh...sweet ending but too overly dramatic . Not my thing.
Jaz
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Solid 4 stars - Luke was definitely the man whore stereotype and Andi's self talk was amusing although maybe a little too dysfunctional. Fairly predictable at times but just when you think the story is finished the author throws in a twist to keep you reading on. Slow burn but great banter and sexual tension between Luke and Andi.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Lightning
  • Malik (Carter Brothers #1)
  • Unmaking Hunter Kennedy
  • Make Me (Make or Break, #1)
  • The Thirteenth Chance
  • American Girl on Saturn (Saturn, #1)
  • The Avery Shaw Experiment (Science Squad, #1)
  • Waiting for Tuesday  (Suspicious Hearts, #2)
  • Flirt (A Carlton University Novella)
  • Wet (Water's Edge, #1)
  • Just Married (More than Friends, #1)
  • Broken at Love (Whitman University, #1)
  • And Then You
  • Starkissed
  • The Breakup Plan
  • Relatively Famous (Famous, #1)
  • Double Black (Stark Springs Academy, #2)
  • Sacked (Gridiron, #1)
“I groped you like a blind whore in a braille factory, okay?! ” 5 likes
“I groped you like a blind whore in a braille factory, okay?!  And then I shoved your hand down my pants, and rode it all the way to Happy Town!” 2 likes