Start by marking “The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure” as Want to Read:
The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure

The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure

(Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens)

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....

The REBEL ALLIANCE has destroyed the Empire's dreaded DEATH STAR, but the galaxy remains convulsed by civil war, and the Imperial starfleet is hunting the rebels throughout the galaxy.

LUKE SKYWALKER, the pilot who destroyed the Death Star, is now hailed as a hero. But Luke seeks only to support the freedom fighters, serving the
Published September 4th 2015 by Disney Lucasfilm Press

To ask other readers questions about The Weapon of a Jedi, please sign up.
Scott Korin Chronologically speaking, Smuggler's Run, then Weapon of a Jedi, then Moving Target.

But the three stories don't rely on each other at all, so honestly…more

But the three stories don't rely on each other at all, so honestly it doesn't matter.(less)

Start your review of The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure
Jonathan Judd
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fun little read. the back cover states there are clues about the new movie in this book. There are a couple of characters that feel set up for later appearances. Obviously aimed at young readers, but from an adult point of view it feels like they got the classic characters right.
Scott Rhee
So, I saw “Star Wars: The Force Awakens”. (As if you expected me not to.) And I loved it. LOVED IT. It was everything I expected from the new movie, maybe even a little more. Director J.J. Abrams did a wonderful job of keeping the film respectful of the tone of the original series while still making it accessible for new generations of fans. I loved the new characters. I loved the storyline. I even loved all the unanswered questions and missing back-stories that I know will gradually be revealed ...more
Jerry
Jan 30, 2019 rated it liked it
A decent space opera adventure, though reading any of the novels from the new canon leaves a bad taste in my mouth after the shark jumping travesty that was The Last Jedi.
Tiara
Read more reviews @ The BiblioSanctum.

Luke’s story starts a little differently than Leia and Han’s. He’s the only person who isn’t actually “telling” his story for reasons that are obvious if you’ve watched or read Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Instead Luke’s story is told by C-3PO. Luke’s story takes place between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. Luke is trying to reconcile his roles as a pilot and as a Jedi. Following the death of Ben Kenobi, he’s left floundering with no master, but th
Drewthereader20
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
This was a nice read! Loved this "series" of audiobook! Overall rating: 4.5!(:
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
The Weapon of a Jedi is one of three middle grade books released on Force Friday and a part of the official Journey to Star Wars: Force Awakens line designed to drum up hype and curiosity for the new film. Each of the middle grade books is a little single dose adventure designed to help the newer fans get to know the old crew of the original films. This particular book centers on Luke and his struggle to become a Jedi.

The book starts and ends with a nice little ‘current’ prologue and epilogue, i
Anthony
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lot better than Luke's other solo book, Heir to the Jedi, but it's helped a little by it being a quicker and easier read. Like Heir, he's still just understanding the Force. It is quite cool to read about him early on and see him figuring things out for himself (since there's no one around to train him anymore, which is a point made several times in this novel). I also think what made Heir lag a bit is that it's from Luke's POV, and he can be quite boring a POV character at times because he's ...more
Ari
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
It seems that the only excuse for this book is to tell how Luke in Ep. V uses the force to grab his lightsaber in Hoth. It implies that he must have been training, somehow, on his own before going to Yoda. And this book explains a little bit about that 'training'. It's nothing more, really. It's very short and anyone can finish it in a couple of hours. Noto's art is great as always. But for a plot, is a thin one, almost feels like a novella. One interesting thing, though, is that it features a c ...more
Amy Sturgis
This is the Star Wars that I love.

The Weapon of a Jedi makes itself indispensable with its convincing portrayal of Luke Skywalker's growth as a Jedi-in-training between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. Luke's ability to summon his lightsaber while a captive of the wampa in the latter film now takes on new meaning.

As a Star Wars adventure, a character study of Luke Skywalker, and a tribute to the Jedi Order that once was, this novel strikes all the right notes.
Ivy
5 stars

Nice to see a Luke Skywalker adventure. Sarco was very interesting.

Can't wait to see what happens to Luke in episode 8!!!!!
Matthew
To check out all my reviews: https://dancinginth3dark.wordpress.co...

After reading Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure my enthusiasm for Star Wars increased and made me enjoy this new series of EU Books. I really enjoy this book but I am afraid that Han Solo raised the bar in terms of storytelling and action compare to this book. I will admit that for including R2-D2 and C-3PO into this story it felt like I was watching an episode of Star Wars.

Since this book is part of Journey to t
DiscoSpacePanther
That was a fun little read. A short story recounting an adventure had by Luke Skywalker whilst working as a scout shortly after the battle of Yavin. Luke still has much of his farmboy innocence, but is desperate to learn more about the Jedi, the Force, and his father.

The framing device of having See Threepio recount the story of Luke's first lightsaber duel to a Resistance X-wing pilot works well, helping to cement Luke's legendary status in the period shortly before The Force Awakens.

Suitable f
Abigail
4.5 stars for the book, 5 for the audiobook. One of my favorite audiobook experiences ever? Yes.
Jim
Dec 19, 2015 rated it liked it
The Weapon of a Jedi, by author Jason Fry, is a young readers novel described as "A Luke Skywalker Adventure," and is part of the new canon in the Star Wars Expanded Universe. Though the story itself takes place following A New Hope, it is told from the point of view of C3PO, Luke Skywalker's protocol droid, to a young Resistance pilot in current Star Wars times. It is intended to go hand-in-hand with the new trilogy of films and part of Disney's effort to keep the Star Wars universe better orga ...more
Miss Clark
Feb 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mg, film-and-tv, adventure
Lady*M

I am obviously not the target audience, but, hey, Star Wars! Plus, I am young at heart. XD

This is a simple story set between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back.

While on mission, Luke feels the call of the Force which brings him to planet Devaron where old Jedi temple is located. It's a ground forbidden by the Empire, but Luke finds a guide and together with C3PO and R2-D2 goes to explore it. Led by Ben's voice and artifacts found in the temple, Luke learns to trust the Force. When the E
Anna Smithberger
Nov 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Did I check out all of the new MG Star Wars tie-in novels? Yes, yes I did. Not an intended audience styles that I'm used to reading anymore, but damn do I love Star Wars.
Linda
As I picked up the book, I was hoping it would be set between episodes V and VI, cataloguing the building of the green lightsaber, but instead it was set right after episode IV. Still it was certainly fun and even does have that Star Wars feel from the old canon books. Better enjoyment than Han's book and approximately the same as Leia's.

Favorite quote:
Just a few months before, he'd been a farm boy on Tatooine, fixing vaporators and tinkering with skyhoppers and landspeeders. Now people treated
Amanda
This one really didn't make much a dent for me. It was an early read and it was okay, but it wasn't great. Very few liveplurk notes included below.

ɑรรɑรรiɳcɑptɑiɳ
I’m already a little over a third of away into this one. I keep playing my books through my morning setup & afternoon classroom working

ɑรรɑรรiɳcɑptɑiɳ
All my feeling about Luke learning from voices in his head and feelings in The Force, both in faith & frustration. Also, eeeeevvveeerryyy juxtaposed mention of Darth Vader the evil & hi
Dawn Livingston
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-wars
This is a juvenile book so... pre-teen. Decent story/adventure. The story is told by C3PO. I think this would be a good book for kids that like Star Wars and Luke Skywalker in particular. It shows him training as a Jedi helping to bridge the gap between his inexperience in Star Wars to his being able to summon his light saber on Hoth in Empire Strikes Back.

If I were the target age I'd probably give it 4 stars so that's what I'll give it here. It doesn't deserve the 3 stars I would give it as an
Andrew
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is actually one of the better ones I've read. The author definitely understands the character, and the bickering between the droids was absolutely NAILED. The story was even interesting and well-executed.
Derrick
Oct 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Okay so this book wasn’t good and I’m totally embarrassed to even record this and admit I read it. However I do have a reading challenge that I want credit for so whatever. I do enjoy Star Wars and this book is based between the very first movie and the second one. It’s poorly written and dumb, but I’d totally read another one because I like Star Wars.
Sean Talbot
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2017
this book while written fairly well just seems to not have as much depth as what I normally want to see.

no real action and the story was too juvenile even for a young adult book.
Twofrontteethstillcrooked
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Luke Skywalker is the very best boy in the galaxy. C-3PO is possibly the worst droid in the galaxy.
Katherine "Kj" Joslin
There were a couple little "hints" at the new movies which is a fun tie in. Written for younger readers.
Steph Hayward-bailey
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
A quick short story which gives us more of Luke's backstory. Great read for any star wars fan.
Karina Lopes
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: leituras-2018
If were just a Luke's adventure I would have given 3 stars... But the droides (C-3PO and R2-D2) always raise the rates.
Emily Forsyth
Jan 12, 2020 rated it liked it
This was mostly just okay. Luke is my fav and this didn’t feel that much like Luke to be honest
Sean D
Feb 27, 2020 added it
i think``` the theme is never give up on your goals ...more
Ryan Stewart
Short and interesting enough, but could be skipped entirely without a problem.

• Before the Awakening (Star Wars)
  • Heir to the Jedi (Star Wars: Empire and Rebellion, #3)
  • Force Collector (Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, #2)
  • Spark of the Resistance  (Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, #3)
  • Star Wars: Journey to Star Wars: the Last Jedi - The Legends of Luke Skywalker (Star Wars)
  • Return of the Jedi - Beware the Power of the Dark Side! (Star Wars)
  • The Perfect Weapon
  • A New Hope - The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy (Star Wars)
  • The Empire Strikes Back - So You Want to Be a Jedi?
  • Cobalt Squadron (Star Wars)
  • Guardians of the Whills (Star Wars)
  • Star Wars: Lando's Luck (Flight of the Falcon, #1)
  • Twilight Company (Star Wars: Battlefront, #1)
  • Most Wanted (Star Wars)
  • Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Shattered Empire
  • A Crash of Fate (Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, #1)
  • Dooku: Jedi Lost (Star Wars)
  • Star Wars: Pirate's Price (Flight of the Falcon, #2)
I am the author of The Jupiter Pirates series published by HarperCollins -- visit the official site at http://jupiterpirates.com.

In addition to Jupiter Pirates, I've written or co-written more than 30 novels and short stories set in the Star Wars galaxy, including The Essential Atlas, The Essential Guide to Warfare, The Weapon of a Jedi, and the Servants of the Empire quartet.

I spent more than 12

Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Aftermath (Star Wars: Aftermath, #1)
  • Lost Stars (Star Wars)