Start by marking “The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure” as Want to Read:
The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure

The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure (Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens)

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  3,274 Ratings  ·  360 Reviews
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....

The REBEL ALLIANCE has destroyed the Empire's dreaded DEATH STAR, but the galaxy remains convulsed by civil war, and the Imperial starfleet is hunting the rebels throughout the galaxy.

LUKE SKYWALKER, the pilot who destroyed the Death Star, is now hailed as a hero. But Luke seeks only to support the freedom fighters, serving the
Published September 4th 2015 by Disney Lucasfilm Press

To ask other readers questions about The Weapon of a Jedi, please sign up.
Scott Korin Chronologically speaking, Smuggler's Run, then Weapon of a Jedi, then Moving Target.

But the three stories don't rely on each other at all, so honestly…more

But the three stories don't rely on each other at all, so honestly it doesn't matter.(less)

Daniel
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 zvezda.

Zabavna pricica koja prati Luka posle unistenja prve zvede smrti. Najvise sto mi se svidelo sto knga ima dosta dobar prikaz nama poznatih likova a i daje fin pogled na jednog od glavnih likova price.

Sama prica kao prica nije nista posebno tako da se preporucuje samo fanovima. A njima ce biti vrlo zabavna.
Jonathan Judd
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fun little read. the back cover states there are clues about the new movie in this book. There are a couple of characters that feel set up for later appearances. Obviously aimed at young readers, but from an adult point of view it feels like they got the classic characters right.
Scott Rhee
So, I saw “Star Wars: The Force Awakens”. (As if you expected me not to.) And I loved it. LOVED IT. It was everything I expected from the new movie, maybe even a little more. Director J.J. Abrams did a wonderful job of keeping the film respectful of the tone of the original series while still making it accessible for new generations of fans. I loved the new characters. I loved the storyline. I even loved all the unanswered questions and missing back-stories that I know will gradually be revealed ...more
Drew
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
This was a nice read! Loved this "series" of audiobook! Overall rating: 4.5!(:
Matías Racedo
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Esta es la primera vez que leo una novela (o más bien una novella) ambientada en el universo de Star Wars. Siempre amé el universo cinematográfico, pero nunca me interesé por los cómics, series animadas o libros, hasta que empecé a ver estos últimos en bookstagram. ¡No pude elegir una mejor para empezar! Al estar situada entre los episodios IV y V, tenemos como protagonista a un joven e inexperto Luke que intenta aprender a utilizar la fuerza.

Siendo sincero, Fry nos presenta a un Luke mucho más
Tiara
Read more reviews @ The BiblioSanctum.

Luke’s story starts a little differently than Leia and Han’s. He’s the only person who isn’t actually “telling” his story for reasons that are obvious if you’ve watched or read Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Instead Luke’s story is told by C-3PO. Luke’s story takes place between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. Luke is trying to reconcile his roles as a pilot and as a Jedi. Following the death of Ben Kenobi, he’s left floundering with no master, but th
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
The Weapon of a Jedi is one of three middle grade books released on Force Friday and a part of the official Journey to Star Wars: Force Awakens line designed to drum up hype and curiosity for the new film. Each of the middle grade books is a little single dose adventure designed to help the newer fans get to know the old crew of the original films. This particular book centers on Luke and his struggle to become a Jedi.

The book starts and ends with a nice little ‘current’ prologue and epilogue, i
Anthony
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lot better than Luke's other solo book, Heir to the Jedi, but it's helped a little by it being a quicker and easier read. Like Heir, he's still just understanding the Force. It is quite cool to read about him early on and see him figuring things out for himself (since there's no one around to train him anymore, which is a point made several times in this novel). I also think what made Heir lag a bit is that it's from Luke's POV, and he can be quite boring a POV character at times because he's ...more
Amy Sturgis
This is the Star Wars that I love.

The Weapon of a Jedi makes itself indispensable with its convincing portrayal of Luke Skywalker's growth as a Jedi-in-training between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. Luke's ability to summon his lightsaber while a captive of the wampa in the latter film now takes on new meaning.

As a Star Wars adventure, a character study of Luke Skywalker, and a tribute to the Jedi Order that once was, this novel strikes all the right notes.
Ari
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
It seems that the only excuse for this book is to tell how Luke in Ep. V uses the force to grab his lightsaber in Hoth. It implies that he must have been training, somehow, on his own before going to Yoda. And this book explains a little bit about that 'training'. It's nothing more, really. It's very short and anyone can finish it in a couple of hours. Noto's art is great as always. But for a plot, is a thin one, almost feels like a novella. One interesting thing, though, is that it features a c ...more
Ivy
5 stars

Nice to see a Luke Skywalker adventure. Sarco was very interesting.

Can't wait to see what happens to Luke in episode 8!!!!!
Matthew
To check out all my reviews: https://dancinginth3dark.wordpress.co...

After reading Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure my enthusiasm for Star Wars increased and made me enjoy this new series of EU Books. I really enjoy this book but I am afraid that Han Solo raised the bar in terms of storytelling and action compare to this book. I will admit that for including R2-D2 and C-3PO into this story it felt like I was watching an episode of Star Wars.

Since this book is part of Journey
DiscoSpacePanther
That was a fun little read. A short story recounting an adventure had by Luke Skywalker whilst working as a scout shortly after the battle of Yavin. Luke still has much of his farmboy innocence, but is desperate to learn more about the Jedi, the Force, and his father.

The framing device of having See Threepio recount the story of Luke's first lightsaber duel to a Resistance X-wing pilot works well, helping to cement Luke's legendary status in the period shortly before The Force Awakens.

Suitable f
Jim
Dec 19, 2015 rated it liked it
The Weapon of a Jedi, by author Jason Fry, is a young readers novel described as "A Luke Skywalker Adventure," and is part of the new canon in the Star Wars Expanded Universe. Though the story itself takes place following A New Hope, it is told from the point of view of C3PO, Luke Skywalker's protocol droid, to a young Resistance pilot in current Star Wars times. It is intended to go hand-in-hand with the new trilogy of films and part of Disney's effort to keep the Star Wars universe better orga ...more
Miss Clark
Feb 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: adventure, mg, film-and-tv
Lady*M

I am obviously not the target audience, but, hey, Star Wars! Plus, I am young at heart. XD

This is a simple story set between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back.

While on mission, Luke feels the call of the Force which brings him to planet Devaron where old Jedi temple is located. It's a ground forbidden by the Empire, but Luke finds a guide and together with C3PO and R2-D2 goes to explore it. Led by Ben's voice and artifacts found in the temple, Luke learns to trust the Force. When the E
Anna Smithberger
Nov 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Did I check out all of the new MG Star Wars tie-in novels? Yes, yes I did. Not an intended audience styles that I'm used to reading anymore, but damn do I love Star Wars.
Edith
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A diferencia de The Heir of The Jedi que se enfoca en explorar el papel de Luke en la resistencia y, finalmente, como héroe, este libro muestra su entrenamiento amateur para convertirse en, lo que él considera, un Jedi. (Ahora que lo pienso tal vez deberían invertir los títulos de los libros).

Esta Junior Novel es bastante sencilla en historia pero tiene muchas capas que explorar y se adentra muy bien en la psique de Luke Skywalker. Parece ser un cuento ligero gracias a la presencia de los dos me
Linda
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
As I picked up the book, I was hoping it would be set between episodes V and VI, cataloguing the building of the green lightsaber, but instead it was set right after episode IV. Still it was certainly fun and even does have that Star Wars feel from the old canon books. Better enjoyment than Han's book and approximately the same as Leia's.

Favorite quote:
Just a few months before, he'd been a farm boy on Tatooine, fixing vaporators and tinkering with skyhoppers and landspeeders. Now people treated
Chuy Ruiz
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-wars
A story set between Episodes IV and V about Luke furthering his training as a Jedi. Some people might not like this since there isn't much going on other than Luke growing in his knowledge of the force and training. He seeks out an abandoned Jedi temple and finds hologram recordings and restores some training probes. I absolutely enjoyed getting a more in depth look at how he grew as a Jedi, since in the films it happens rather fast and without much explanation.
Andrew
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is actually one of the better ones I've read. The author definitely understands the character, and the bickering between the droids was absolutely NAILED. The story was even interesting and well-executed.
Sean Talbot
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2017
this book while written fairly well just seems to not have as much depth as what I normally want to see.

no real action and the story was too juvenile even for a young adult book.
Twofrontteethstillcrooked
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Luke Skywalker is the very best boy in the galaxy. C-3PO is possibly the worst droid in the galaxy.
Karina Lopes
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: leituras-2018
If were just a Luke's adventure I would have given 3 stars... But the droides (C-3PO and R2-D2) always raise the rates.
Steph Hayward-bailey
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
A quick short story which gives us more of Luke's backstory. Great read for any star wars fan.
Ryan Stewart
Short and interesting enough, but could be skipped entirely without a problem.
Книжни Криле
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Днес честта се пада на Люк Скайуокър! Как се пише книга, за герой, чийто живот е вече разказан от раждането му в последните минути на Епизод ІІІ, през книжки и разкази за детството му на Татуин, и буквално стотици комикси и романи, които покриват цялото му житие до дълбоки старини, че и отвъд? Прочетете ревюто на "Книжни Криле":

David Edmonds
One of a trio of middle grade books released as part of Force Friday and the Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens publishing initiative (the others are Star Wars: Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure and Star Wars: Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo Adventure), Jason Fry's Star Wars: The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure takes place between the events of Episode IV: A New Hope and Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back and finds Luke Skywalker, C-3PO, and R2-D2 stranded on a planet that Lu ...more
Jordan
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Here we go again! The Weapon Of A Jedi is the second of three YA novels featuring the protagonists of the original trilogy in that time period while simultaneously seeding characters and locations from the upcoming film. This time we follow Luke Skywalker as he strives alone to figure out his destiny as the last of the Jedi in the wake of the death of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Though he is hailed as a hero by the Rebellion for destroying the dreaded Death Star, Luke Skywalker cannot shake the nagging feeli
Angelina
Nov 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Originally posted on Fables Library

I must say this is the first Star Wars book I have EVER read. I decided to pick it up because I'm super excited for the movie. Unfortunately The Weapon of A Jedi didn't live up to my expectations.

When you think Star Wars, you think action. That's not just me, right? Well I thought The Weapon of A Jedi would be pretty eventful.

The Weapon of a Jedi, wasn't. Not a lot happened. Luke mostly walked around, found this place and trained. That's the whole book in one
  • Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure
  • Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure
  • The Perfect Weapon
  • The Last Padawan (Star Wars: Kanan, #1)
  • Twilight Company (Star Wars: Battlefront, #1)
  • Lost Stars
  • Star Wars, Vol. 2: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon (Star Wars #2)
  • Star Wars: Lando (Star Wars)
  • Ezra's Gamble (Star Wars Rebels)
  • A New Dawn (Star Wars)
  • Lords of the Sith (Star Wars)
  • Life Debt (Star Wars: Aftermath, #2)
  • A New Hope - The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy (Star Wars: Episode IV)
  • The Rebellion Begins (Star Wars Rebels)
  • Return of the Jedi - Beware the Power of the Dark Side! (Star Wars: Episode VI)
  • Tarkin (Star Wars)
  • Heir to the Jedi (Star Wars)
  • The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (Star Wars)
I am the author of The Jupiter Pirates series published by HarperCollins -- visit the official site at http://jupiterpirates.com.

In addition to Jupiter Pirates, I've written or co-written more than 30 novels and short stories set in the Star Wars galaxy, including The Essential Atlas, The Essential Guide to Warfare, The Weapon of a Jedi, and the Servants of the Empire quartet.

I spent more than 12
More about Jason Fry

Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Aftermath (Star Wars: Aftermath, #1)
  • Lost Stars
  • The Perfect Weapon
  • Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure
  • Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure
  • Shattered Empire (Star Wars)
  • C-3PO - The Phantom Limb (Star Wars)
  • High Noon on Jakku