Start by marking “A-Force: Warzones!” as Want to Read:
A-Force: Warzones!

A-Force: Warzones!

(A-Force (Collected Editions) 0)

An all-new book featuring Marvel's Mightiest Women! In a secluded corner of the Battleworld, an island nation is fiercely protected by a team of Avengers the likes of which has only ever been glimpsed before. Fighting to protect the small sliver of their world that's left, the Amazing A-FORCE stands shoulder to shoulder, ready to take on the horde!

Collecting: A-Force 1-5
Published November 18th 2015 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about A-Force, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A-Force

Jeff
Jul 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: comix
I don’t have a problem with female-centric books, but this is at first, predictable and second, just another half-hearted attempt to pigeonhole the lady super heroes into one big team on one big title (see The Fearless Defenders) – it’s not an organic smushing of characters, the focus is spread thin, and aside from a few characters, most are left on the fringes of the story.

She-Hulk is the baroness of an idyllic island, but there’s trouble in paradise and a traitor (view spoiler)
L. McCoy
You know, I see a lot of people sometimes including myself complain about the current state of Marvel comics. Ya want to know why that is? It’s because they publish s*** like this.

What’s it about?
The land of... f***, I already forgot the name of the place, is protected by the mostly female superhero team A-Force. During a mission America Chavez does something stupid that causes her to be arrested by a group of Thors (shaking your head yet?). As some girl (I think her name may have been Nico or s
Sesana
Sep 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, superhumans
The only real problem I had with this book is that there are far too many characters. Yes, it's technically a team book, but in actual, ongoing team books, that should even out as characters who star in one story become supporting characters in the next. In a limited miniseries like this, you end up with a handful of characters who are allowed to make an impact while the vast majority are little more than decoration. I'd say that there's at least half a dozen characters who don't get more than a ...more
Sam Quixote
Mar 31, 2016 rated it did not like it
Oh girl, I’m starting to think G. Willow Wilson’s only quality work is on Ms Marvel - first that Vixen crap at DC, now “A-Force”, a ‘90s-sounding lame superhero team? Though I suppose she only co-wrote this so some of the blame goes to Marguerite Bennett.

Welcome to feminist paradise Arcadia on Battleworld, policed by A-Force, an all-female superhero team led by She-Hulk. They do it right, not like dumb men! Then a series of disasters happen and She-Hulk’s leadership is challenged. Stuff is going
Terence
Jun 02, 2016 rated it liked it
The Battleworld island of Arcadia is defended by A-Force. A-Force is a team of warrior women led by She Hulk.
description
Recently problems have been occurring outside the normal and A-Force must discover the cause before their home and team are destroyed.
description

A-Force is an interesting bunch because they take most of the toughest Marvel women and put them on a team together. In this Battleworld it appeared they lived in an Amazonian sort of way where the women lead and the men are the lesser citizens even though
kristen b ♡
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
very dry, uneventful, and written like the author didn’t even know what was going on. i’ve heard such amazing things of this book and i’m so disappointed. i hope the next series is better ....... i mean i didn’t think a book of just heroines could be like....... this. but it reads fast which is good. i read this start to finish in less than 45 minutes.
medusa was the best part.
Mike
Jun 27, 2016 rated it liked it
A sweet story, with a touch of emotion and loss that doesn't normally show up in the "bro" comics.
Oh is that so? Marguerite Bennett does poetry in her comic scripts? This oughtta be an interesting ride...

While some complain that there are too many women in this comic to do each of them justice, that's a weird criticism to lay on such a book: too *many* women. Yes not all of them get an arc or even a personality; neither do the guy-heavy a Avengers or X-Men when a big-team book gets together.

But
Heatherblakely
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, signed
Wow!

This was BALLER (my word for 2016, apparently). My favorite character gets banished at the very beginning, so boo on that, but this whole thing was great. WHO RUN THE WORLD? STRONG WOMEN WITH SUPERPOWERS WHO GET SHIT DONE. And now I have a ton of characters I love and want to read more about, so hooray for that! So much reading to do.

FEMALES ARE STRONG AS HELL (but America, bb, why did you have to throw that goddamn shark)

Jonathan
A little bit of...

With a little...

And then some...

Surprisingly not terrible.
Grace
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
FREAKING HECK YASSS!!!!

This prequel bind-up was PERFECTION! Such a great kick off to a series! I seriously cannot believe I left the A-Force just chilling on my shelf for so long - THIS WAS SOOOOOO GOOD!

Whether you love Marvel comics or not, if you love kick-ass ladies and female friendships THIS IS FOR YOU SO READ IT!!
Maria Kramer
I have no idea what the background of this series is - Weird alternate universe, I'm guessing? Alternate timeline, like House of M? - anyway, that doesn't matter. This book's good, clean, shark-punching fun. It's great to see so many Marvel-ous (get it?) ladies kicking butt. Looking forward to more.
Sana
May 19, 2015 marked it as to-read-so-bad-it-hurts
ZOMG. NEED IT LIKE AIR.
Izza
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars | OH MY GAWD. How didn't i read this sooner? A-Force is an all-woman superhero team protecting Arcadia and it's amazing.
Bambi Hyde
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was a little confused because I didn't read secret wars but I was still able to follow along enough to enjoy the story and the characters.
Brian Poole
Jan 05, 2016 rated it liked it
A-Force was one of the more interesting tie-ins to the recent Secret Wars event.

A-Force introduces an all-female Avengers squad (a team that will continue in the rejiggered post-Secret Wars Marvel Universe). On Battleworld, She-Hulk is the baroness and chief protector of Arcadia, a peaceful island nation. She also leads A-Force, charged with protecting the prosperous community. Key allies include Captain Marvel, Medusa, Dazzler, the female Loki, Nico Minoru and Ms. America.

An attack by an odd se
Shelley
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
The A-Force, an all female Avengers team in Warzone Arcadia , is on the case when monsters start invading the city. This was a terrific adventure, filled with fantastic characters. I wish America had been in more, but storywise, that's my only complaint. I wasn't crazy about the art generally--seemed largely exploitative, which is extra gross in story for women. The one exception is Singularity, who was impeccably colored. I loved the relationships, and the five issue arc was perfectly paced. I ...more
Sara (marvelousbibliophile)
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
I haven't read Secret Wars yet so I didn't really understand the Battle World stuff, but honestly I don't think you need to read Secret Wars before going into this.

There are so many amazing characters in this including some of my favourites like Nico and America! I just loved that this was an all women avengers team, SO GREAT.

Overall this is a super fast, entertaining read and i really enjoyed it!!
Marie the Librarian
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love the all female avengers! But it was a bit too fast-paced aaand I missed a more thorough introduction of the characters. Im not an expert in marvelverse. But it was very cool with all the girlpower!
Sam Poole
This was fine. It's cool to see an all-female cast. Still- secret wars is kinda dumb and the art here was way too sexy and the body types were wildly homogenous
M. Lomeli
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I only gave this 4 instead of 5 because I don't like that this collection didn't not have a preface or run down of the characters as I've encountered in many other graphic novels. Also, it's not established that this is an alternative universe?? There were several characters in the story whom I was not familiar with and had no idea about their entangled relationships or what their powers were; but they way the story is written, it's as if the writer assumes the reader is familiar already. That a ...more
Ma'Belle
I love all of the characters in this book, and I love G. Willow Wilson's contributions to the Marvel universe. So I was really looking forward to seeing so many great heroines interacting, and was proportionally disappointed when I got into it, only to find out it is not a starting point whatsoever and is a huge mess in terms of script and panel layout.

**edit** I forgot got talk about the panel layout in my initial review, but this was something that bothered me the whole way through. If you kno
Steven Matview
Oct 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
We’re back on Battleworld for another “Secret Wars” tie in!

This time, the events take place in area of Battleworld known as Arcadia, which is a land populated and protected by Marvel’s female superheroes, including Spider-Woman, Dazzler and Captain Marvel, with She Hulk as their leader.

The story kicks off with Miss America Chavez (of Young Avengers) beating the crap out of a giant shark. She defeats it by tossing it into neighboring Marvel Zombie world and in doing so, breaks King Dr Doom’s law
Connie
May 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics-i-ve-read
3/5 stars

Not my favourite Marvel comic, but I will be picking up the next volume. The cast is incredible, the art is beautiful (albeit the panel layout gets a bit confusing, especially during the fight scenes that take up two pages), and I'm sure it'll get less confusing as the series goes on and I adjust to the Secret Wars setting.

Admittedly, one of the big reasons I picked this up was for America. Her time in A-Force was brief, but she was (view spoiler)
Diz
Mar 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This story has some touching emotional moments. Especially the relationship between Nico and Singularity was fun to read. The only problem I had with the story is that the climax wrapped up too quickly, and there didn't seem to be any real danger at the end.
Csenge
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I appreciated the color tableau of "badass female heroes of the Marvel Universe" (some of my favorites popped up in there!" Not crazy about the story, but I guess they had to kick it off somehow. Curious how the post-Wars issues will go.
Erica McGillivray
Jul 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: women-authors, comics
Super fun. Loved all the heroines and the message. Art wasn't my favorite; it was very Marvel-event style.
Alex E
Aug 09, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a fun quick read with really good art that ties heavily into the Battleworld premise.

Basically, the A-Force protects an island off the coast of Battleworld called Arcadia. The team consists of mainly female characters led by She-Hulk. A hot headed America Chavez breaks the first rule of Doom due to some behind the scenes machinations that come to light later in the series.

They discover multiple portals that lead to other sections of Battlworld being opened in and around Arcadia which c
Murphy
Dec 20, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm honestly not sure whether I really enjoyed reading this comic or not, partially since the plot is disconnected from the typical Marvel universe which leads to it being somewhat confusing since I haven't bothered to read Secret Wars.

The writing throughout each issue really varies in quality during some parts, the omnipresent narrative sounded articulate and artistic, whereas some of the quips characters made during fight scenes were more irritating than cool.

The real depth to the series seeme
Amy!
My only complaint about this book is that they didn't manage to give more screen time to more awesome ladies.

This was a total delight, and I'm looking forward to reading the next volume of it. The art was great, and the team did a great job including a lot of fun cameos and humor.
Amy Lou
Apr 06, 2019 rated it liked it
I’m not going to lie, I was confused for about 75% of this book... but I completely adored Singularity and I enjoyed seeing Nico again, so I’m going to pick up the next two volumes anyway.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Spider-Women
  • Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat!, Volume 2: Don't Stop Me-Ow
  • Black Widow, Volume 3: Last Days
  • Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows
  • The Unstoppable Wasp, Vol. 1: Unstoppable!
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 4: I Kissed a Squirrel and I Liked It
  • A-Force, Volume 2: Rage Against the Dying of the Light
  • Young Avengers Omnibus
  • Star-Lord and Kitty Pryde: Battleworld
  • Batgirl and the Birds of Prey, Volume 1: Who Is Oracle?
  • 1872
  • Mockingbird, Vol. 1: I Can Explain
  • Batgirl, Vol. 3: Mindfields
Award-winning writer of comics and novels including MS MARVEL and THE BIRD KING.

A-Force (Collected Editions) (3 books)
  • A-Force, Volume 1: Hypertime